A Very Merry Whirlwind Weekend-Girls Trip!!!

Princess Olivia

DIS Veteran
It's the spirit of the season, you can feel it in the air....

:wave:Hello friends and fellow Disney fanatics!!!:wave:

A very merry welcome and a big thank you for checking out my trip report- A Very Merry Whirlwind Weekend!
This trip was full of special moments, many firsts, lots of laughs, and of course, Christmas cheer! I thought there was no better way to relive this happy time (and have an excuse to talk about the holidays because I'm having serious post-Christmas depression:sad:) then to share it with the lovely people of the Disboards! So let me not waste any more time and get right into some introductions, yes?

Olivia

Hi there :goodvibes
My name is Olivia and I will be your host...your ghost host, kindly step all the way in please and make room for everyone. Just kidding-wrong holiday(But while we are on the subject, the Haunted Mansion does happen to be my favorite attraction!)
This was my 10th trip to WDW(but first mother-daughter trip) Like it says in the title it truly was a crazy weekend, but crazy in the best possible way.
I am a college freshman and already dreaming of doing the DCP :lovestruc I am hoping to participate in it the Fall of 2017! Disney has always brought me so much joy so I hope that by participating in the DCP I too will be able to spread the magic I have been shown for years!!
Some random favorites of mine are- Rapunzel, rice krispie treats, Wendy, the monorail, watching Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge, mickey waffles, disney smells, Jungle Juice, riding TOT in the dark, and watching little ones interact with the characters.

Mum

This is my lovely mother/sidekick/fellow disney extraordinaire/bff. Although we are a Disney-loving family, no one shares my enthusiasm as much as my mom. I have always wanted to do a mother-daughter trip but being one of four kids that has never happened...until now!! A random favorite thing of my mom's is that she buys herself a new Disney Alex&Ani bracelet every time she visits. She has quite the collection! She also is
obsessed with the character gummies!! She buys at least one package every time we go out so that she has tons to bring home...she makes me laugh :rotfl:

Kristin, Hope, Hanna & Bruce

Kristin, Bruce and their girls are very good friends of ours so we were so super excited when they booked the same weekend as we did!! We spent a lot of our time with them.

This was actually mum's fourth time to WDW in the past year and my third time. My family owns DVC so we are very fortunate to go as often as we do.

We came in May for our "family trip" and also as a celebration of me graduating later that month. It was mum, my dad, my 3 brothers, my grandmother and my boyfriend. Unfortunately that trip turned out to be sort of disastrous :sad1: Shortly before traveling down, mum got really sick with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome so she was pretty miserable. Then the day before we left my brother Carson began to run a fever which only rose higher with time so he was pretty miserable for the majority of the 8 days we were there. Carson was kind enough to share the bug he had with the rest of my siblings, so myself along with my brothers Cameron and Nolan ended our vacation also feeling pretty miserable with strep. However, I would much rather have strep and feel miserable in Disney where there are Mickey bars then have strep and feel miserable at home so that's how we decided to look at it!

Our next trip was a super special one. It was myself, mum, my best friend Madi, mum's best friend Colleen and a handful of my closest friends! I got the most incredible opportunity to dance in WDW for a second time, but this time we got to perform on the Beauty and the Beast Stage in DHS!! It was amazing...and being such the Disney nerd I am, I couldn't stop gawking at all the magic backstage-it was surreal. I didn't even notice the stage itself until it was time to practice (but that too was take-your-breath-away beautiful)! That trip was filled with laughs and memories I'll hold dear forever.

Mum and dad took a trip in October to celebrate their wedding anniversary and also to check out Food&Wine. They had a great time!

And finally that leads us to our most recent Disney adventure!! This was a last minute trip, mainly to see the Osborne Lights before they are gone forever. Even though we are no stranger to WDW we have never been during Christmas time, we usually choose to go in October or May so we have never gotten to experience the Osborne Lights. So since they are being taken down and we've always dreamt of seeing them, they were the perfect reason for the mother-daughter weekend I've been dreaming of! We were there from December 4th-6th and stayed at the Boardwalk. I think thats all you need to know for now...

So what are we waiting for?? Let's get right to it!!!

:tink:"Here we goooooooooooooo":tink:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter