A Very Merry Holiday Tea Party

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
Just noticed this. I already had a reservation for a Tea Party and I guess it will be the Holiday theme.

A Very Merry Holiday Tea Party
From December 2 to 31, celebrate the season at a traditional tea service that’s brimming with holiday cheer.

Steakhouse 55 is hosting a jolly version of a traditional afternoon repast of sweets and savories, and of course, pots of tea. The seasonal menu offers a selection of teas accompanied by scones, tea sandwiches and petite sweets. Wines, ports, sherry and cordials are also available for an additional charge. Tea is served Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM.

Holiday Tea Menu:
  • White Chocolate Cranberry Scone
  • Smoked Trout Sandwich
  • Christmas Tree-Shaped Cucumber Sandwich
  • Cage-Free Egg Waldorf Salad Sandwich
  • Wreath-Shaped Caprese Salad Sandwich
  • Christmas Light and Santa Decorated Strawberries
  • Gingerbread Cookies
  • Choice of Peppermint, Organic Pear Green or Mulled Spice Teas

Kids’ Holiday Tea Menu:
  • White Chocolate Cranberry Scone
  • Christmas Tree-Shaped Cucumber Sandwich
  • Turkey and Swiss Snowman Sandwich
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Mickey Sandwich
  • Desserts
  • Choices of Herbal Infusions, Juices, Milk or Hot Chocolate
Please Note: Gluten-free and vegan options are available upon request.

I REALLY wanted to do this, but it isn't available for any of my dates (Dec 5-8). Looks like they only do it on weekends.

We were already booked for the 9th and are so excited! Seems like alot of people are- there was tons of availability a few days ago and now its sold out for our day. Tried to change our time but nope. Oh well.

I just booked this for my 2 daughters and I. The downside is that it's on our first day, shortly after arriving. There was zero availability on Saturday or Sunday.

Also any idea on accommodations for vegetarians? One daughter doesn't eat any meat (but will eat eggs/dairy). Never mind I see they have vegan options. We'll make something work :)

I just booked this for my 2 daughters and I. The downside is that it's on our first day, shortly after arriving. There was zero availability on Saturday or Sunday.

Also any idea on accommodations for vegetarians? One daughter doesn't eat any meat (but will eat eggs/dairy). Never mind I see they have vegan options. We'll make something work :)

They will substitute any sandwich. I had a vegetarian in my group and we had no issues getting exactly what she wanted.

They will substitute any sandwich. I had a vegetarian in my group and we had no issues getting exactly what she wanted.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I'm guessing she'll pick a pb sandwich She's only 13, and fairly picky.

For those looking for dates/times, keep checking for cancellations. They do pop up (we got one for NYE last year!), so don't lose hope.

theluckyrabbit - Have you been to this year's Holiday Tea? We have reservations on Sunday, Dec. 30th and I was checking the menu and it looks very unusual. I am looking for any reviews. Thanks

theluckyrabbit - Have you been to this year's Holiday Tea? We have reservations on Sunday, Dec. 30th and I was checking the menu and it looks very unusual. I am looking for any reviews. Thanks

We haven't been yet this year. Our reservations are for later this month, so let's hope some other DISers chime in with reviews before then.

Has anyone attended the Holiday Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55 this year yet? I'd like to know your opinion of the menu items.
Thanks
If you’re interested I’d grab a reservation and look for opinions later. They’re likely to be gone by the time reviews come around.

I thought it was funny to see this thread because I'd posted above how disappointed I was not to have been able to go since I wasn't there on a weekend. Well, I just went Mon-Thurs this year and we did indeed do the Holiday Afternoon Tea! Glad they opened up weekdays. We happened to go on the rainiest day I've ever encountered at DLR, so the timing was excellent. It was our last day and though we did get soaked on our way from GCH to DLH, we were dry and happily drinking tea/eating goodies before long.

I will say that the food was very similar to what is noted in the above post. There were, IMO, way too many sweet offerings, though, and this is coming from an absolute sugar freak. It was such a pretty display but I simply couldn't eat all of the little cakey things decorated in vivid red and green icing. I really didn't care for that icing at all. LOVED the scone (which is now currant, I think) and they had a tiny Monte Cristo made out of a doughnut hole which was delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!