A Very British PTR -TR to come!

Been offline for a bit but yesterday after 5 hours in hospital I had my tonsillectomy! I was in hospital for 11 hours. A few mishaps before I even went into surgery.. they couldn't find a vein for the canula so put it in my forearm and have a great black bruise on my hand lol. Second I woke up to a huge oxygen mask that I didn't expect and woke up from a happy dream that I don't remember and the woman next to me was freaking out so that amused me in the recovery room and lastly I had a load of dried blood on my gown and bed! But surgery went well and came out easy but now my teeth are so sensitive, I have a cut on the side of my lip and my tongue is so swollen! Looking forward to having a few weeks rest!
popcorn:: :crutches:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

But on a brighter note, you few weeks of rest can mean Disney planning! Hehe! :flower1:

Wishing you a speedy recovery after your surgery!

Congratulations on your marriage! You both look so happy in your pictures!

I remember how excited I was for our first trip to WDW (which was in January of this year) - enjoy the planning and anticipation! Neither my boyfriend or I ever went to a Disney park as children either, so it was an amazing trip as adults! I have no doubt you and your husband will have a blast! Also - my boyfriend is named Luke too! :lovestruc

We used the dining plan on our trip earlier this year, and it did make sense for us as first-timers, but we've decided against it for our next trip (in January 2017).

I'm looking forward to hearing about more of your plans!

If you like buffets there is always Biergarten (think thats spelt right) in Germany pavillion. Not been there on previous trips but planning on it next time as heard some good things about it.

Well my recovery was a struggle as I have sensitive nerves endings! Only a year to go now! Will be doing an update soon so stay tuned!

WE'VE FINALLY HIT THE YEAR MARK!!

That honestly seemed like the longest year from thinking about planning a trip, to booking a trip to now saving for a trip!
I'm currently using my phone now as my tablet is too slow and the laptop is practically dying, so yay for that!

I had my birthday a week ago and got so many Disney things! I got a giant Mike Wazowski tsum tsum, a Mike Wazowski traditions ornament, Tsum tsum limited edition Christmas tin (which is adorable), Mike earrings, finding dory fleece and a tsum tsum pillow! Do you think I like tsum tsums much? YES! Photo below!

20161029_191254.jpg

So Christmas is around the corner, then New Year! 2016 is flying by and I just can't wait for our trip! I really want to do something special on the trip, not necessarily in WDW.. maybe like a day trip? Hm who knows but I do know that we will have many more trips to come!

Love the Traditions ornament as we have a few of them ourselves now. We're not quite at the year mark but only around 3-4 weeks off it so will be just a bit behind you all the way :)

Love the Traditions ornament as we have a few of them ourselves now. We're not quite at the year mark but only around 3-4 weeks off it so will be just a bit behind you all the way :)

I love it! I wish I could afford to have more! Where are you staying and for how long? I'd love to experience Christmas there but we both work in retail and it's the most busiest time in both our stores unfortunately!

I love it! I wish I could afford to have more! Where are you staying and for how long? I'd love to experience Christmas there but we both work in retail and it's the most busiest time in both our stores unfortunately!

We're staying at Coronado Springs for 2 weeks. Christmas is amazing there although we do want to do halloween at some point too. I can imagine its not easy getting away for christmas in retail. Maybe at some point though as its well worth it

Belated Happy Christmas and New Year!

giphy.gif

Wow, I can't believe I haven't done a post since November!
Work was so busy since I work in retail and since then I have had a promotion to lead sales assistant and now I'm working as a co-host on a Disney podcast! On the bright side we only have just over 8 months till we arrive!

April we can start booking our ADRs, going to have to look at TS places before then because he is such a picky eater, while I will eat anything (except seafood).

Not much else to report till I figure out our definite places we want to try out and the park openings for October should be announced, I hope.

Bye for now!

giphy.gif

Hi. I'm in the UK and as you will see from my photo it's a river view at POR.

We went in 2015 for our first trip as a family but my DH and I had been before. I was reading your thoughts about choosing a restaurant with a fussy OH. I have that with all 3 of my lovelies in my household so I totally get you.

We had a great evening meal at BOG. My husband likes his food plain and simple, nothing fancy. We both had the chicken, even with the 'green sauce' it was only on the side and he really enjoyed it.

We'd eaten at the Sci-fi diner previously so wanted to take the kids, it left us all underwhelmed on that occasion sadly.

We only had the QSDP so any TS we paid for. But as far as QS goes the large pizza at POR was 2 QS credits and was really good and definitely big enough for two.

We are hoping to go back in 2018 and want to try a few of the places on your list.

By the way, if you can't make your reservations through MDE when the time comes, phone them, I got every time that I wanted, I only made about 5 bookings, but got my first choice on all my times. Even though I couldn't get it to work online very well.

Look forward to reading the rest of your plans

'Ohana
Beaches + Cream Soda Shop
Be Our Guest or if no ADR 1900 Park Fare
Via Napoli
Sci Fi
50s Prime Time
T-rex
Tutto Italia (or some Italian)
Rose + Crown
Crystal Palace

Hey guys - I'm such a slacker in updating this!

ADRs in 9 days time yay!
In other news.. we have reduced our time at WDW so we are staying for 7 nights (Sunday 15th to Sunday 22nd) then heading offsite for 5 days to do Universal, Kennedy and Seaworld (I think).
Still haven't booked our flights but have found a great deal with AA for just over £1000 but leaving on the Saturday so will have to stay for 1 night somewhere. I have thought about staying for just 1 night at a value but then would we be able to go to the parks in the morning? Would our tickets transfer or would we have to wait till we check in at POR? Otherwise we can just stay offsite for 1 night and go and check in at POR in the morning.

Currently revising a new list for ADRs.. I'll let you all know soon!

We have hit 180 days and done our ADRS!
Ok so here's our list:

Sunday 15/10 - T-rex 2pm
Monday 16/10 - Garden Grill 7.15pm
Tuesday 17/10 - BOG Lunch 1.45pm (Party day)
Wednesday 18/10 - Via Napoli 6.35pm
Thursday 19/10 - 'Ohana 7pm
Friday 20/10 - Planet Hollywood Observatory 7pm - Nope now Tusker House at 4pm!
Saturday 21/10 - Sci Fi 1.45pm

I have one spare TS and hoping for a BOG Dinner instead of Lunch but in case I don't get lucky I may do a TS Breakfast instead. I think I have got so lucky, I was coming across CRT but I can't afford the pre payment or the spare TS credit!

Last edited:
We have hit 180 days and done our ADRS!
Ok so here's our list:

Sunday 15/10 - T-rex 2pm
Monday 16/10 - Garden Grill 7.15pm
Tuesday 17/10 - BOG Lunch 1.45pm (Party day)
Wednesday 18/10 - Via Napoli 6.35pm
Thursday 19/10 - 'Ohana 7pm
Friday 20/10 - Planet Hollywood Observatory 7pm
Saturday 21/10 - Sci Fi 1.45pm

I have one spare TS and hoping for a BOG Dinner instead of Lunch but in case I don't get lucky I may do a TS Breakfast instead. I think I have got so lucky, I was coming across CRT but I can't afford the pre payment or the spare TS credit!

We have done T Rex twice and enjoy. The atmosphere and theming is really what makes it!

We might try BOG lunch next time, we did breakfast last year which is QS and really liked it.

Haven't done Garden Grill but I watched a Tim Tracker video on it and plan on trying it some time!

We have done T Rex twice and enjoy. The atmosphere and theming is really what makes it!

We might try BOG lunch next time, we did breakfast last year which is QS and really liked it.

Haven't done Garden Grill but I watched a Tim Tracker video on it and plan on trying it some time!

I've been looking forward to T-Rex when I first started researching into TS places! It will appeal to my husband because of the burgers! I've seen a few youtubers at GG and just think it will be different! Trying to snag a BOG dinner though!

giphy.gif

Been away for a while but can now get the train moving since I am now in DOUBLE DIGITS.. 98 DAYS TO GO! WOO!

giphy.gif

We have moved resorts from POR to POFQ because we needed a night extra and Riverside was sold out so they moved us from Garden view in POR to River View at POFQ for £100 more ish AND now staying for 8 nights instead of 7 so we have an extra park day! Then after all of our Disney fun we are moving over to Universal and staying at the Royal Pacific Resort for 5 nights!

I've had to change some of my dining reservations and I still need to book another 3. Not sure if we will have enough pennies for MNSSHP but I'm hoping!

Anyways, that is all for now. Next stop is booking Fastpasses!

Yeah for your double digit dance! :rainbow:

You are going to love FQ! The smallest of the resorts but its so pretty. One bus stop (RS has 4) and some of the bus services are shared with RS & we have never had a problem getting seats except coming back from the Halloween party & when a storm started while in HS. But you can do the lovely walk along the river & under the bridge to RS - it doesn't take very long & its nice to see RS as its a really pretty resort too! Royal Pacific is great too! We stayed there last year to get the Express Passes & ended up with a really lovely room with a good view!

If you save those pennies - get tickets for MNSSHP!! We have loved it the 2 times we have done it and are gutted we can't get the dates to work for us to go this year! We are going to do MVMCP, but I have a feeling the Halloween one is going to be my fave!!

Yeah for your double digit dance! :rainbow:

You are going to love FQ! The smallest of the resorts but its so pretty. One bus stop (RS has 4) and some of the bus services are shared with RS & we have never had a problem getting seats except coming back from the Halloween party & when a storm started while in HS. But you can do the lovely walk along the river & under the bridge to RS - it doesn't take very long & its nice to see RS as its a really pretty resort too! Royal Pacific is great too! We stayed there last year to get the Express Passes & ended up with a really lovely room with a good view!

If you save those pennies - get tickets for MNSSHP!! We have loved it the 2 times we have done it and are gutted we can't get the dates to work for us to go this year! We are going to do MVMCP, but I have a feeling the Halloween one is going to be my fave!!

It's funny because after all this time chatting in these forums I never thought I'd end up at POFQ (which I know you absolutely love!) I have started to like it after all my research etc has gone on Riverside, not sure if I'm sold on the whole Mardi Gras thing yet or the alligators! But I'm really looking forward to that River View and the new food court. I'm trying desperately to save for MNSSHP but if we had to chose I think we would just do HHN! But we shall see! I know we will definitely be back after everything heard from D23! I just wish we could go every year.... :rolleyes:

It's funny because after all this time chatting in these forums I never thought I'd end up at POFQ (which I know you absolutely love!) I have started to like it after all my research etc has gone on Riverside, not sure if I'm sold on the whole Mardi Gras thing yet or the alligators! But I'm really looking forward to that River View and the new food court. I'm trying desperately to save for MNSSHP but if we had to chose I think we would just do HHN! But we shall see! I know we will definitely be back after everything heard from D23! I just wish we could go every year.... :rolleyes:

I think you will like it. The Mardi Gras theming to me isn't as loud as I was expecting. They do play this jazz type music in the background around the resort though. But the river view rooms are right beside the path to Riverside and the boats to Disney Springs! And all the rooms are close to the food court/lobby and shop! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

I know I can't wait for some of the stuff that's been announced! The zip line!

I wish I could go everyday :rotfl2:

We have altered our ADRs!
Hey guys!

Would you believe me if I told you that we are at 80 DAYS! I can't believe we only have 11 weeks to go! Which means I have to pay up in 3 weeks time... :sad1:
So I thought I'd share a few of our ADRs with you and some are still to change.. I think..

Saturday- 9pm Arrival so no ADR
Sunday- Lunch at Crystal Palace @ 1.30pm
Monday- Dinner at Biergarten 7pm (likely to change)
Tuesday- Lunch at Be Our Guest, TS to be decided
Wednesday- Dinner at Via Napoli 7pm
Thursday- Dinner at 'Ohana 7pm
Friday- Lunch at Sci Fi 12.20pm
Saturday- Lunch at Homecomin 1.20pm
Sunday- Leaving for Universal

giphy.gif

So we have 2 TS credits left and I want to change Biergarten (I think). I feel like we should have a breakfast somewhere too but I have no idea where or when or what because our days keep changing.. Oh well! Next stop.. FASTPASSES!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter