A turn of events and now we will be at FW!

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
I was able to modify my early July reservation at Beach Club tonight to a FW cabin!
I certainly wasn’t planning on being at the Fort this summer, but due to the current circumstances Disney was able to move me.

We stayed at FW at Christmas a couple years ago, so we are familiar, but never used the pools or other summertime activities.

I have a few questions if anyone wouldn’t mind assisting me with. Usually I have many months to plan my resort stay, but now I have a little over a month to figure it all out.

1. Are golf-cart rental reservations still being accepted?
2. Are the horses still somewhere at the Fort where you can visit them? Last Christmas I believe the barn was under construction or something.
3. Is there a certain loop I can request for my cabin? Being near a pool would be top priority.
4. What summertime activities do you recommend at FW? (If available, due to Covid—19)
5. Do people decorate their golf-cart year round or is that just a Christmas thing?
Thank you!

1. Not sure about that.
2. The Disney website lists trail rides and horse barn as something that will be open during the initial opening period. I hope this means the new horse barn will be open!
3. You can usually make a request on MDE 60 days before check-in. If you select "near pool" it will give you a cabin closer to the leisure pool that is at one end of the cabins. The feature pool with the slide is all the way on the other side. The website said that leisure pools will be open 24 hours while the feature pool may have limited hours during this initial opening period, so I'm not sure which pool you'd rather be near.
4. Fishing, biking, swimming, taking a leisurely walk to the horse barn. Fishing excursions are listed as something that will be open. I know some people don't enjoy the long walk around the campground, but my kids love it! We look for birds, lizards, frogs and sometimes you can even find hidden mickeys made out of pine cones and other things.
5. Also not sure about that one. I do know that many campers have general Disney decorations out year round.

P.S. We also got married at Disney!! (At the Polynesian!)

We are looking forward to going back to the cabins in August (fingers crossed that nothing changes with our booked package). My kids love the bunk beds and the deck with a picnic table. We stayed at AKL last trip and although it was a great experience, we missed Fort Wilderness!

1. Not sure about that.
2. The Disney website lists trail rides and horse barn as something that will be open during the initial opening period. I hope this means the new horse barn will be open!
3. You can usually make a request on MDE 60 days before check-in. If you select "near pool" it will give you a cabin closer to the leisure pool that is at one end of the cabins. The feature pool with the slide is all the way on the other side. The website said that leisure pools will be open 24 hours while the feature pool may have limited hours during this initial opening period, so I'm not sure which pool you'd rather be near.
4. Fishing, biking, swimming, taking a leisurely walk to the horse barn. Fishing excursions are listed as something that will be open. I know some people don't enjoy the long walk around the campground, but my kids love it! We look for birds, lizards, frogs and sometimes you can even find hidden mickeys made out of pine cones and other things.
5. Also not sure about that one. I do know that many campers have general Disney decorations out year round.

P.S. We also got married at Disney!! (At the Polynesian!)

We are looking forward to going back to the cabins in August (fingers crossed that nothing changes with our booked package). My kids love the bunk beds and the deck with a picnic table. We stayed at AKL last trip and although it was a great experience, we missed Fort Wilderness!
Thank you, very helpful!

Here's the number for the golf cart rentals at the fort. They probably would be able to tell you something. Give them a call...
407-824-2742

Thank you for the number. This is a question that we had as well. Unfortunately they're still closed.
I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure if they had someone manning the phones. At least I thought they might have a recording or way to respond to a message.

If you want to be near the quiet pool the 2500 and 2600 loops are very close, it's only 167 ft from the end of the loops on Peacock Pass to the pool entrance (I googled mapped it once :) ). To be closest to the Meadows Pool (Main pool) 2200 or 2300 but it is still about half a mile away from the end of the loops

IMO If you do get a golf cart the distances don't really matter as it's not like you are walking to the Meadows pool.

If you go to this post I listed out the distances from the Cabins to the Outpost, quiet pool, Meadows, and The Settlement.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ion-a-work-in-progress.3502095/#post-58990079
You can use this map if it helps
fort-wilderness-map-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!