A Truly WILD Proposal Trip!

aka. Shopping and More!

As I said at the end of my last update we needed to go shopping to ensure that Hannah felt comfortable during our first day. We headed right into the boutique on Main Street and didn't leave until she was satisfied. :) It was a good break and nice to get into the AC for awhile and we had fun looking around at all of the options as there were a lot of cute shirts she could have picked. Once we were done shopping we headed out to Adventureland and on our way there we stopped for some Photopass pictures where you can see the results of our shopping.

CrDJtaB.jpg

I saw the picture frame and that's why we stopped. Worked out great!​

9t6OWnh.jpg

I like how this one turned out too. You can see the parade going on in the background.

After our quick Photopass adventure we headed into Adventureland itself and Pirates was our main focus. However it had a 20 minute wait so we skipped it and headed towards Splash Mountain. It also had a bit of a line, but we got FPs and hit up Big Thunder because it had NO LINE!

After Big Thunder our FP wasn't available yet so we headed towards Haunted Mansion, but that had a 25 min line so we skipped that for now and hit up It's A Small World. We always only do Small World once just because. Then it was time for our Splash FPs!

1238914_10151836487431858_572932475_n.jpg

It was a great ride as always. I love singing along with the ride.​

Once we were done having a Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah time we decided to head back over to Pirates to see if the line had gone down. It had so we decided to jump in line. We both love this ride as some of our favorite movies are based off of it.

At this point it was after lunch time and even though we weren't hugely hungry we decided that we wouldn't be able to make it all the way to our 6:20 reservation without some food. We hopped over to Tomorrowland to Starlight Cafe to split a burger. This was my first time listening to Cosmic Ray!

After that light 'lunch' we decided to hit up Tomorrowland for some rides. First on our docket was a 5 minute wait at Buzz! We always get competitive at these games and there was no way she was catching me this time. Galactic hero!

Y2L97gB.jpg

First time ever getting this so.....​

Muoeo6E.jpg

I just HAD to get the button! This made my day more than it should have really. :rotfl:

After I got that achievement we did the round of Tomorrowland attractions: Peoplemover (LOVE THIS RIDE!), Laugh Floor (had a really great show), and Stitch in that order.

At this point we were both starting to wear down a bit and our phones were wearing down as well so we decided to slow it down and hit up Haunted Mansion where I got some awesome drink coasters.

aBrnpgb.jpg

I love Haunted Mansion and therefore these are my favorite thing ever. I'm going to be using them year round!​

After Haunted Mansion we were getting close to dinner and our cell phone batteries were really getting down to the end so we decided to try and find an outlet. She STILL didn't know where dinner was, so I was trying to guide us in that direction while also being aloof. Dinner and a last minute meet and great will be in my next update.

Loving the updates. Hannah's new shirt is adorable but after reading yours, I noticed how kick-butt it is! :D

joining - sounds like an amazing trip .... though you ruined all the suspense by referring to Hannah as your fiance in your opening ;)

... though, to be fair, I am sure this TR would have a slightly different tone if she didn't say yes so we probably would have been able to guess

so .....

WDPR_Onboarding_Home_WDW_CP.jpg

Great updates, Love the opening of the envelope early! To cute!

Loving the updates. Hannah's new shirt is adorable but after reading yours, I noticed how kick-butt it is! :D

Yea I love that shirt. I got it on our first trip together to the World simply because I love the monorail and that saying. It just makes me happy.

joining - sounds like an amazing trip .... though you ruined all the suspense by referring to Hannah as your fiance in your opening ;)

... though, to be fair, I am sure this TR would have a slightly different tone if she didn't say yes so we probably would have been able to guess

so .....

WDPR_Onboarding_Home_WDW_CP.jpg

Yea I know I gave it away in the first post but many of the followers on here already knew it had happened because of the Sept. planning Facebook group so I figured there wouldn't be too much suspense. Thank you for the well wishes!

Great updates, Love the opening of the envelope early! To cute!

Yea that was very much a 'happy accident' that came to be because of my dad spoiling the surprise.

I read most of your PTR, so I'm excited to see how it all went and see all the pics!

Thank you for joining back in the TR since you put up with me for the PTR! Hopefully you'll find this enjoyable!

Also, I just realized that I left off our on ride photos from Splash and Buzz in my earlier updates. So, here they are!

FPHSgGm.jpg

Splash!

0M36b1y.jpg

I was focused on steering here, not sure what Hannah is looking at.

aka. Our first dinner of the trip!

So we left off with us searching for a place to plug in our phones while we waited for our dinner reservation. I had heard of phone charging stations being made available in the Casey Jr. area so we headed over there. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them. However, we saw that the wait to meet Donald and Goofy under the big tent was only 10 minutes so we decided to hop in line!

RuOe7Lb.jpg

The great Goofini! He poked me in the eye with one of his whiskers just before this shot.​

3DInaCD.jpg

Donaldo looked at my button and gave me a thumbs up.

We both had fun meeting the characters but we found as 20 something year olds it's kind of hard to figure out what we should say to them and how we should act. That didn't keep us from doing more character meets later on though.

Luckily right by the exit from the meet was an outlet! We decided to plop down right there and charge our phones for about 30 minutes before we got on our way for dinner. She still had no idea where we were going, so when it came time to head to dinner I had her close her eyes and I lead her blindly through New Fantasyland to........ BE OUR GUEST!

NUGwwe7.jpg

I took this one while waiting to enter. It only took us about 10 minutes to be seated even though we were 20 minutes early.​

Fuv726B.jpg

She got the puffed pastry with the scallops and shrimp in the lobster bisque and said she LOVED it.​

rNf9sVU.jpg

I had the steak. It was pretty good, but definitely not the best steak I've ever had. We really paid for the atmosphere.

MEJdt3u.jpg

She got the strawberry shortcake cupcake.​

V2K6OR6.jpg

I had the lemon meringue which was AMAZING​

r3QkzK5.jpg

We were also blessed with the Grey Stuff! Just as everyone has said, yes it was delicious!

I wouldn't say it was the best dinner we had at the World this trip but it was totally worth it for the atmosphere and to see the look on Hannah's face when she found out we were eating here. She is a true Beauty and the Beast NUT and just couldn't believe it. The best part was pictures with the Beast after dinner.

XJFXJWO.jpg

He was very funny and very charming.

After dinner we headed over to Epcot to watch Illuminations with one of our good friends who is a cast member at Yacht and Beach clubs. Illuminations is by far my favorite show at the World. Everything from the music to the amazing fireworks just blows me away every time and it didn't disappoint this time either.

After Illuminations it was time to head back to the resort, get checked in, and pass out in our room after a very long couple of days. Not much rest for the wicked though as we had to be up to get to Hollywood studios by 8:30a the next morning. Overall our first day could not have gone much better. The park was practically empty and we got to eat at Be Our Guest.

Looks like you lovebirds are having a blast so far. :goodvibes:
one q!! I thought the grey stuff was given out on your bday? Am I mistaken??

Looks like you lovebirds are having a blast so far. :goodvibes:
one q!! I thought the grey stuff was given out on your bday? Am I mistaken??

Yea the first day was an amazing way to start the vacation.

The grey stuff was given out during any special occasion and our server brought it to us because I had mentioned that I had done months of research for our trip and she knew that that policy would be changing soon. You can now buy the 'grey stuff' for desert.

Just joining in! What a great first day of your trip. I can't wait to hear how the rest of it goes, and more importantly, the proposal!!! I'm obsessed with watching WDW proposal videos on youtube, so getting the entire story will only make it better.

Hey!!! I made it before the BIG SURPRISE!
Sounds like your trip started off with a bang. I can't believe that button, I'm so jealous. Matt will want another trip to try to compete with that score. lol.
My chance to pop in will be few and far between (you probably noticed I've fallen off the face of the Dis), but I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

And Congratulations!

golf4miami said:
Yea the first day was an amazing way to start the vacation.

The grey stuff was given out during any special occasion and our server brought it to us because I had mentioned that I had done months of research for our trip and she knew that that policy would be changing soon. You can now buy the 'grey stuff' for desert.

Cool, thanks for the info. Much appreciated :)

Thank you everyone who has joined in so far! I can't believe I have such a large audience. Be prepared as we're about to move on to Day 2!

aka Time for Hollywood Studios!

Holywood Studios is easily my favorite park for one simple reason. Hollywood Tower of Terror. :thumbsup2 I had read on the DIS that they were opening the gates early in order to do more of an easy opening instead of the bum rush to Toy Story like it used to be. I put this advice to good use and we got there about 8:15 for the 9am opening and were let in early just as expected. Of course we had to go straight to Toy Story!

I forgot to take a picture of our scores the first time as I was too excited to ride it. When we got off the line was still extremely short for standby so we rode it again!

JATu9zN.jpg

My score is on the right and Hannah's on the left. First and only time I have ever broken 200,000​

After that 2nd ride through the line was starting to get long and our FPs were not valid yet so we decided to kill some time and head over to Star Tours to ride it. It was a complete walk on! Barely even had to wait at our 'gate'. This is an awesome ride and we had a solid sequence and we talked about coming back to ride it again and never did. :sad2:

Wnn9Ein.jpg

Us with our speeder goggles on. Or whatever they are called.​

After our journey through space it still wasn't time for our Fastpasses for Toy Story so we headed over to the Sunset BLVD part of the park and see about riding Tower of Terror. Unfortunately it was down but we were able to get a set of Fastpasses for later. It was then time to make our way back to Toy Story and use our Fastpasses there.

hP5o9ha.jpg

I tried to take a picture of ever set we used. As you can see it's still early in the morning and this is our 3rd ride!

BEiqDz0.jpg

Hannah on the left and me on the right in this one. SHE BEAT ME! I couldn't believe it. It must have been a faulty gun. :rotfl:

After our third ride on Toy Story we figured we should probably head back over to Sunset and see what was going on. Unfortunately Tower of Terror was not running yet (our FPs weren't available yet anyway) so we headed over to Rockin' Rollercoaster. The sign said it only had a 20 min wait so we got in line!

v0kt6RX.jpg

This is such a great ride. They theme the inside of the ride so well. Nothing like blaring music either.

After our limo ride we could tell that Tower of Terror was open right away by the screams we heard coming from the ride. :goodvibes So we decided to use our FPs and get a ride in before lunch.

0ItO82l.jpg

These FPs are probably my favorite.​

Unfortunately we didn't even bother getting the on-ride photo from this one because we were completely blocked and there was no way we could have saved it. Oh well.

Lunch was up next and that will be in my next update!

i was following your PTR and was waiting for your TR to start!!! mostly just waiting to see the big question! :goodvibes

wow 3 rides on TSM that early is great! Glad you trip is going well so far - sounds like you are getting a ton done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!