A True Fairy Godmother

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I would like to share with you the most magical day at Disneyland.

When I first heard the Candlelight Processional would be on December 9th and 10th, I made up my mind that we would be going to Disneyland that weekend. I visited many web sites to find out how to obtain tickets. Every day I checked, and no one had any answers. Only stories about how people had gone in years past and that this was a performance not to be missed.

With only a few days before the show, someone finally posted information on laughingplace.com. Get to the guest relations as early as possible on Saturday or Sunday. Tickets would be given out at 8:00 am on Saturday and 9:00 am on Sunday. Well Saturday was impossible with kids' hockey games, but Sunday was going to work. I was sure I could drag the family out of bed early on Sunday morning for the 1 hour drive to Disneyland.

Did I mention that DH and I attended a Christmas Party on Saturday night and didn't get home until midnight? Well my plans didn't exactly work out. We dragged ourselves out of bed around 8:00 am. I tried to get the family motivated, but we didn't leave our house until 10:00 am. I was secretly disappointed. Oh well, I WAS going the Disneyland.

We arrive at Disneyland and parked in the new parking structure. We board the tram and my DH starts to talk to a nice couple. He starts telling these people how I am Disney obsessed. They just smile at me. They tell us that they are going to the Candlelight Processional. They obtained tickets from a friend who is performing that night. I try to smile, but am a little jealous.

We get off the tram and begin a great day at Disneyland. We stop in the Bazaar in Adventureland and see the gold lamp. I deposit 50 cents. The genie tells us to rub the lamp and make a wish. Can you guess my wish? The genie then tells us that we will win the lottery. We will spend time on an exotic island (Quite ironic - but I will explain that one after Christmas.)

Well the day is perfect. We use fast pass and never wait more than 15 minutes for any ride. My DD even rides Splash Mountain for the first time. The Christmas decorations are beautiful and I am truly in the holiday spirit. We decide to head over to Space Mountain.

On the way through the hub, we hear the most beautiful choir. It's the choir for the Candlelight Processional. We watch as several hundred choir members walk through main street on their way to the theater. I am just about in tears, but hold back.

We decide to use fast pass for Space Mountain. We get our tickets and head for Small World. The wait is 75 minutes - WOW. We decide to get hot chocolate in Toon Town. We sit on a bench and can hear the choir. If I can't see the choir at least I can hear it. I go to stand in line for the drinks. The woman in front of me is holding a ticket for the Candlelight. I strike up a conversation with her. Her friend is performing in the choir. Her group is in line and they may have some extra tickets. She also informs me that there is a standby line for extra seats. Usually, there are a few empty seats. My heart starts to race.

With 4 hot chocolates, I RUN to my family sitting on the bench and tell my DH about the standby. I guess I was pretty excited and was speaking a little loud. All of a sudden, a woman approaches us and asks if we have tickets to the Candlelight. I tell her no, and she says "Now you do" and gives each member of my family a ticket. I am in total disbelief. I start to thank her and thank her and thank her. Tears are running done my face as I ask her how she obtained the tickets. She explains that she arrived at Disneyland at 5:30 that morning. She wishes me a Merry Christmas and is gone. My DH just stares and me and finally understands about Disney Magic.

Well, the performance was unbelievable. I took an entire roll of film. I was sitting in the theater thinking - It does not get any better than this. I am enjoying the story of Christmas at the Happiest Place on Earth.

So please remember that fairy godmothers are real. I know firsthand. I was Cinderella for a day. ;)

tink08.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!