A Trip to the World Changed Our World

Once we were done oohing and ahhing over the room, we decided to head to Epcot. I wish we had planned a bit better. It was extremely hot and the pools looked VERY inviting. But guess what? Our luggage had not arrived yet and so no swimming suites.

So as I said, we decided to head to Epcot. It was so hot just waiting for the bus that I contemplated bailing and staying inside.

Soon enough though a bus came and we were on our way. Texting between B, I was told to meet S at the entrance so I could give her the pp+ card. In retrospect, I am not sure why we were all in Epcot yet not choosing to spend time together. :confused3 I know that B and I texted back and forth about what we were doing, but we never connected. :sad1: Honestly, I think she was trying to connect. I think I was just trying to get through the day. I was hot and tired... and so were the girls.

After we passed off the card to S and said good bye, we found a pp photographer and the girls got pictures taken.

After spending so much time waiting for buses...riding buses... Amanda and I decided we wanted to cancel our last ADR that would require us to leave epcot. We just were tired of running around. Kira was not particularly pleased with this. She had wanted to have a meal at Kona and tried desperately to plead her case in keeping the ADR.

Amanda and I won out and we changed our Kona reservation to one at Chefs de France (we had canceled this reservation on a different day)

Kira was a bit cranky over this but Amanda was also a tad cranky at the thought of spending more time on buses just to go eat when we could eat there in Epcot.

::yes:: I think this may have contributed to why I wasn't connecting properly with B. I can just imagine she would have not been impressed with more young 20 year something drama. :rolleyes:

After a little bit of pouting was over, we we made our way to WS where the girls got another pp picture taken

but I like this snugly one with just Zoe

We went on the Fiesta tour.

And then to China

Where the skies opened up and it rained like it had not rained all week.... it was CRAZY!

We tried to hope from cover to cover until we made it to Morroco. There we grabbed a meal to share and attempted to wait out the storm. As did a lot of other people.

IMG_0502_zps991fcd23.jpg
[/URL]

It wasn't just rain at this point it was wind. Serious wind. We all held up in that small space and it felt as though we were all a strange group of refuges.

The rain never quite let up. Kira wanted to get "one last ride in" and Amanda was done being wet. I felt pulled in both directions...

Eventually it was time for dinner. I felt so bad for Zoe because she was so tired at this point. We ordered her meal, but she was asleep before it even came. The food was probably my favorite of the trip. I am not sure if it was because of how tired we all were or how wet we all were, but it was such a nice meal. (except for the fact Zoe missed out on the whole thing. :sad2:)

Here are some of the pictures of what we had.

We had to carry Zoe out of the restaurant. The park was closed. It seemed so dreary... cold and wet. We got to the buses and were happy to get back to AoA. It was a very long walk back to our room though...and once there, we had to do a better job of packing up. Kira was being a bit nervous about how things were packed and spent time repacking as the rest of us attempted to sleep. It was not an easy night. After Kira finally settled in it was very late (after midnight) and the beds were smaller. We all tossed and turned and the morning came too quickly.

Next Up: 10/5 - Day 11 - GOING HOME!

Now it was time to go home. I had thought I did a good job booking a 9:30am flight home. However, DME wants to pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight and that meant 6:30am.

So many of my departure days are filled with ample drama and this day was just full to the brim.

The night before left us not falling asleep until it was almost time to get up. Ok, not really...but we might have been up till 2 am easily and then had to be up around 5am.

But let us back up a bit more. We really had not even been at AoA for 24 hours. This meant that before we got back to the room there was not a bounce back offer in it. (keep this in mind) It also meant that the day we would have received our DME notice, we were not there (keep this in mind)

So tired but finally packed we made our way to the front desk

First I took a picture of the room number.

Then we made that long walk in the dark.

While I think the room was A MAZING! I do not think the location is good for someone who uses the buses. There was a parking lot close by...and I can see if you have your own car it would work nicely. However we did not have a car and needed to catch one last bus. That DME bus. So we walked. And we walked... and WALKED It is a good 10 minute walk from that section to the front. :sad2:

Once we got the the front we found out we had missed the DME bus. Why? Because I just assumed that we should be there by 6:30. I believe it came at about 6am. And while we were in fact early by the time I wanted us to be there. (I want to say about 6:10) we were late for that bus. I am not sure why I just assumed like that. I think it had just been such a long trip and there had been so a many times that I just wanted to crawl into a corner and cry.... that I just was spent in a way that I normally wouldn't have been. It affected my judgement and my behavior.

Kira was instantly HOT. :sad2: Which of course meant that I had to do some damage control. I am usually good at damage control...smoothing things over... mediating...etc. AND luckily I was able to do this. So the cm was able to help us and soon enough we were squeezed into a slot for the next DME. I want to say we were not the only ones though... I want to say that there were quite a few of us who were waiting...who missed an earlier DME. I think this because I seem to remember a very large group of us on the bus groan when the bus driver (who was way to chipper for it being so early) proceeded to play a prank on us letting us "think" we had to stop at a number of resorts and estimating a very LONG drive time (I want to say an hour or so) We all breathed a sigh of relief though when he laughed and said he was only kidding and that he would get us all there very quickly. :faint:

We did in fact make it to the airport in time but it seems to me that we didn't have a lot of time. Just enough to get through security and get in line to board.

An uneventful flight to Kansas city where we stopped. We had a three hour layover. The plan was for us to grab something to eat. But there was not many places to eat in that airport. :sad2: So we waited.

With all of that time though it gave me some time to think about the bb offer that had been in our room when we went back to it the previous night. The office you have to call in order to book a bounceback was closed when we got back to the room. It was also closed when we went to leave. So you have to book before you leave, right? So when could this happen. Well, I called to see. It could work for the following fall. However I had to talk to my travel buddies before I just booked. (although in retrospect I should have just plunked down a deposit and held something. ) Good to keep in mind if ever in that position again. Better to book and then cancel rather than not book and realize you should have.

I got in touch with one of the gals and gave her the info to see if she could call back. I would be on a flight all day and would not be on the ground again before the office was again closed.

When she called, she was told in no uncertain terms and quite rudely that she could not take care of it for me. :sad2:

The flight from Kansas to Seattle was fine and we arrived safe and sound. Josh picked up Kira and Amanda (since he would be taking them to their new home in a different town) Steve picked up Zoe and I. We were starving and arrived in time to eat dinner. (thankfully)

Next Up: A Recap

I want to thank you all for reading along. This was not an easy report to write. I was so overwhelmed for most of the trip. I also didn't take any notes. Both of these factors contributed to my fuzzy memory.

I have come to appreciate my contributions to drama and mishap. I am happy to say that I didn't allow myself to be stressed on my february trip and I have little to no stress regarding the upcoming fall trip. (well, except for the double bed issue... but I will survive and I HAVE now mentioned it to a couple of my travel companions ;))

I hate to think that I was not the kind of friend to B that I should have been. I do miss her terribly at times. She had become such an important part of my everyday life..even though she lived on the opposite side of the country.

Kira has still not recovered fully from the trip. She did manage to go on a road trip and drive to DLR for a few days. However she had Josh with her and it was just the two of them. I know she is still a bit down on Disney in general because she shows barely any interest in the pending DVC purchase Steve and I are about to make.

Amanda I think has recovered although I have not seen her since Thanksgiving.

Zoe is anxious to go on any and all trips to Disney. She does wish we had swam at AoA and I feel bad for her that we didn't....mainly because I don't know when the next time we will or if we will stay there again.

My Take on POFQ - I loved it. The location of our room on the first floor across from the pool could not have been more convenient. I loved the theme and I would rank that among my top favorite resorts.

My take on AoA - I liked it. The location of our room was horrid though and even though the view of the pool would have been a nice feature had we stayed longer, it was a LONG walk. I would not have wanted to do that every day. The overall theme was fun, but I think with Zoe (as well as myself) getting older that "fun" is just a bit less enjoyable and the need for a more relaxed resort is more appealing.

Food and Wine Festival- I sadly only ate one item. Nothing else seemed appealing so I left feeling disappointed. I am truly hoping that it was just me being crazy due to stress. I would like to really take advantage come this fall. ::yes::

Wishes Dessert Party - I was disappointed. I would have liked more pastries and less soft desserts. I do think I would try it again though if for no other reason that the view of the fireworks.

MNSSHP - Oh! So much fun! I will let you all in on a sad sad secret of mine. I love trick or treating. So much so that I did it all the way through my teen years. (when I had Kira I was 21, but people guessed I was 13..so I always looked young) I only regret not being able to see the fireworks.

Tower of Terror Ten Miler - I can't wait to run again. I know that there was a lot of drama in the end regarding this race. However, I really truly had a wonderful time. It was my first big race and the one that really sparked my love of rundisney events. I do regret how mismatched B and I were in our goals for the race and our overall abilities.

Bibbitie Bobbitie Boutique - It is unlikely we will return. Even if Zoe were wanting to have the make over, the price spent did not match the service we got. I was less than impressed with her messy hair do. She had such a wonderful FGIT the previous time, but this time something went horribly wrong with the FGIT's training. ;)

Favorite Meal - Kouzzina. I think the quiet calm breakfast to myself where I was able to be proud of myself for the accomplishment of the night before was lovely.

Least Favorite Meal - Yak and Yeti. To be fair, I didn't really eat but a salad there since I had just come from my favorite meal. If I took this out of the options, Akershus would have to be the least favorite due to the overal taste of the food. Just way too heavy.

Favorite Moment of the trip
- Taking the time for myself to have breakfast at Kouzzina

Least Favorite Moment - B seeing Kira have a meltdown on the bus.

Thanks again for sticking with me. I know it has been a slow moving report! :goodvibes

Wonderful wrap up to your TR Ann! I really cannot wait till we are all there. You talking about your last day makes me sad already for our last day!

And that Disney CM was by far the worst customer service rep I have EVER talked to. And not just Disney. EVER!!!

Wonderful wrap up to your TR Ann! I really cannot wait till we are all there. You talking about your last day makes me sad already for our last day!

And that Disney CM was by far the worst customer service rep I have EVER talked to. And not just Disney. EVER!!!

Last days always come too quick. :sad2: I think I was ready to go home though. Being gone 11 days was a LONG time. Course... I will be gone 10 for ours. I think it won't feel so long though since I don't have to manage anyone but me.

I do feel bad you had to go through that with that cm! I also felt bad that I couldn't get things to work out when we were really hoping to get a bb offer...either there or while I was at the phm weekend. (man... I do suck a bit don't I ;)) It all worked out though.. since we are checking in later now than the dates were for bb. (last day to check in was 9/26)

First of all, loved the last day at AK, some wonderful wonderful elepahnt pics and it just seemed like an overall good time and then some nice pool time back at POFQ

The move to AoA, just reading about it, sounds like it may not have been worth it, a swim in the pool sounded much more in order what a bummer that your bags weren't there. That is the one thing we pack if moving resorts, our suits but even then I'm not crazy about swimming without a room to go back to once i am wet. I've come to the conclusion that a 1 night stay at the front end is ok but if it's at the end needs to be at least 2. For me anyway. My family is having a bit of a debate over our split on the next trip (6/3) so we will see how that ends up.

Your last day just seemed....long and a tad frustrating. Bummer. While I admire you not using the GAC until it was needed, I am very glad you got it and used it. I think there is nothing wrong with having it for the whole trip and just using if ineeded as clearly at times it does cause issues for Zoe and all of you miss out on some stuff. Disabilities do not need to be seen to be real.

Now it was time to go home. I had thought I did a good job booking a 9:30am flight home. However, DME wants to pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight and that meant 6:30am.

So many of my departure days are filled with ample drama and this day was just full to the brim.

The night before left us not falling asleep until it was almost time to get up. Ok, not really...but we might have been up till 2 am easily and then had to be up around 5am.

Once we got the the front we found out we had missed the DME bus. Why? Because I just assumed that we should be there by 6:30. I believe it came at about 6am. And while we were in fact early by the time I wanted us to be there. (I want to say about 6:10) we were late for that bus. I am not sure why I just assumed like that. I think it had just been such a long trip and there had been so a many times that I just wanted to crawl into a corner and cry.... that I just was spent in a way that I normally wouldn't have been. It affected my judgement and my behavior.

Kira was instantly HOT. :sad2: Which of course meant that I had to do some damage control. I am usually good at damage control...smoothing things over... mediating...etc. AND luckily I was able to do this. So the cm was able to help us and soon enough we were squeezed into a slot for the next DME. I want to say we were not the only ones though... I want to say that there were quite a few of us who were waiting...who missed an earlier DME. I think this because I seem to remember a very large group of us on the bus groan when the bus driver (who was way to chipper for it being so early) proceeded to play a prank on us letting us "think" we had to stop at a number of resorts and estimating a very LONG drive time (I want to say an hour or so) We all breathed a sigh of relief though when he laughed and said he was only kidding and that he would get us all there very quickly. :faint:

We did in fact make it to the airport in time but it seems to me that we didn't have a lot of time. Just enough to get through security and get in line to board.

UGH! What a horrible start to the day, all of it. A double bed is just too small for 2 adults to share I think. At least for me...I about died when K and I shared one at the FW cabins...not to mention she is a flopper. LOL!
An uneventful flight to Kansas city where we stopped. We had a three hour layover. The plan was for us to grab something to eat. But there was not many places to eat in that airport. :sad2: So we waited.

With all of that time though it gave me some time to think about the bb offer that had been in our room when we went back to it the previous night. The office you have to call in order to book a bounceback was closed when we got back to the room. It was also closed when we went to leave. So you have to book before you leave, right? So when could this happen. Well, I called to see. It could work for the following fall. However I had to talk to my travel buddies before I just booked. (although in retrospect I should have just plunked down a deposit and held something. ) Good to keep in mind if ever in that position again. Better to book and then cancel rather than not book and realize you should have.

I got in touch with one of the gals and gave her the info to see if she could call back. I would be on a flight all day and would not be on the ground again before the office was again closed.

When she called, she was told in no uncertain terms and quite rudely that she could not take care of it for me. :sad2:

The flight from Kansas to Seattle was fine and we arrived safe and sound. Josh picked up Kira and Amanda (since he would be taking them to their new home in a different town) Steve picked up Zoe and I. We were starving and arrived in time to eat dinner. (thankfully)

Next Up: A Recap

Ugh ugh and ugh on the bounceback :rolleyes2 and the 3 hour layover for that matter. Long day all around, I bet you were so thrilled to be home once there!

I want to thank you all for reading along. This was not an easy report to write. I was so overwhelmed for most of the trip. I also didn't take any notes. Both of these factors contributed to my fuzzy memory.

I have come to appreciate my contributions to drama and mishap. I am happy to say that I didn't allow myself to be stressed on my february trip and I have little to no stress regarding the upcoming fall trip. (well, except for the double bed issue... but I will survive and I HAVE now mentioned it to a couple of my travel companions ;))

To expect trips to be drama free is unrealistic, at least for me, and it seems to come from places I don't anticipate. Key is to move on which you have clearly done and take what you can from it.

I hate to think that I was not the kind of friend to B that I should have been. I do miss her terribly at times. She had become such an important part of my everyday life..even though she lived on the opposite side of the country.

Kira has still not recovered fully from the trip. She did manage to go on a road trip and drive to DLR for a few days. However she had Josh with her and it was just the two of them. I know she is still a bit down on Disney in general because she shows barely any interest in the pending DVC purchase Steve and I are about to make.

Amanda I think has recovered although I have not seen her since Thanksgiving.

Zoe is anxious to go on any and all trips to Disney. She does wish we had swam at AoA and I feel bad for her that we didn't....mainly because I don't know when the next time we will or if we will stay there again.

That's sad about Kira being down on Disney. Part of it may be age too though.

Great recap on everything but I definitely think you need a do over on the Food and Wine Festival, it is so much fun and so much yumminess!

I think I'd like AoA but not sure I could take more than 1-2 nights there....too "much" for me for an extended period of time and yes, that is definitely age. LOL!

Is that Devine? Where IS her head? That's a crazy shot!

We were then done with AK for the day. On our way out we saw this guy.
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/annmarieda/media/Walt%20Disney%20World%20Fall%202012/October%203%202012/IMG_0477_zpsc065b8f7.jpg.html]
He was HUGE! So I decided I needed a second picture to show scale.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ann.../October 3 2012/IMG_0478_zps717523d9.jpg.html

OMG - that bus IS really huge. :faint: I would have been running the other direction. :rotfl2:

Once back at POFQ we spent some more time at the pool.
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/annmarieda/media/Walt%20Disney%20World%20Fall%202012/October%203%202012/IMG_0480_zps5804dc2e.jpg.html]

Pool time is always a good thing!

Kira and I had the tuna and it was as yummy as ever!
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/annmarieda/media/Walt%20Disney%20World%20Fall%202012/October%203%202012/IMG_2356_zps9f4215b5.jpg.html]

I love this tuna! YUM - ME! :goodvibes

After this we checked on the wait for Soarin. Even though the park was getting close to closing the line was still very long. So I did something that I had not done yet in the trip. I went to guest services and got Zoe a GAC. Technically, Zoe is disabled. However, I don't think she has any obvious outward signs. I try to not treat her differently and so getting the GAC is just not something I really think is necessary. However on this trip we had many an episode where due to her disability we had to leave the line. If the line is short there is not that much trouble... but the risk of waiting in a line for over an hour means that there is a good chance we would have to leave before getting to the front. Given that we had not yet road Soarin this trip and given that we only had one more day, I was able to justify taking advantage of the GAC. I honestly believed that if we had not, we would not have been able to ride Soarin. So please don't judge me ;)

I think Zoe has every right to use the GAC pass. She has severe bladder spasms. That is a legit reason for not having to standing in long lines. It seems like her spasms were really acting up this trip, so all the more reason.

Fun update!

Wow, you were an updating machine.

We fell in love with Tusker House last September and Mark insisted we go back. It's a great place for breakfast; love the pictures of Zoe with the characters.

Great animal shots on the safari (Mark would love you as he loves elephants too).

I'm sorry it was so hot going to Epcot after checking into AOA.

We also loved Chefs de France; sorry Zoe missed it.

I'm sorry for the ups and downs during this trip; I know it's been emotional for you to write this TR.

I look forward to future ones.

First of all, loved the last day at AK, some wonderful wonderful elepahnt pics and it just seemed like an overall good time and then some nice pool time back at POFQ

In going through my pictures, I couldn't believe how many elephant ones I had. I was bound to have a couple turn out. ;)

The move to AoA, just reading about it, sounds like it may not have been worth it, a swim in the pool sounded much more in order what a bummer that your bags weren't there. That is the one thing we pack if moving resorts, our suits but even then I'm not crazy about swimming without a room to go back to once i am wet. I've come to the conclusion that a 1 night stay at the front end is ok but if it's at the end needs to be at least 2. For me anyway. My family is having a bit of a debate over our split on the next trip (6/3) so we will see how that ends up.

You are so right! It really was not worth it. I think we would have been far better off spending a hair more on one more night at POFQ (and getting an additional day's dp credits) However, both Kira and Amanda really loved being able to stay there. I think Amanda far preferred it.... other than sharing the bed with Kira, who wouldn't settle in. I am ok with a split stay.. but it is far easier on the front end rather than the back.
Your last day just seemed....long and a tad frustrating. Bummer. While I admire you not using the GAC until it was needed, I am very glad you got it and used it. I think there is nothing wrong with having it for the whole trip and just using if ineeded as clearly at times it does cause issues for Zoe and all of you miss out on some stuff. Disabilities do not need to be seen to be real.

I appreciate you saying this. I know that we missed some things on this trip because of how she was doing. Soarin was just not something we wanted to totally miss and it really looked like we were going to miss it...so I took advantage. :rolleyes: I do know that disabilities are real even if they can not be seen... but you would (or maybe wouldn't) be surprised at how many people can "judge" quickly.

UGH! What a horrible start to the day, all of it. A double bed is just too small for 2 adults to share I think. At least for me...I about died when K and I shared one at the FW cabins...not to mention she is a flopper. LOL!

OHHH! You really shouldn't have added this...:rotfl: It is the ONE thing that has me a tad.. not stressed... but wondering how it might not be perfect in regards to the fall trip. The 5 of us will be staying at Pop. It is a cost savings... so it works. But for me... I would like a bigger bed. For Tammie, she would like a better pool. However... (and correct me if I am wrong) I read a TR from someone who ran the phm...and stayed at Pop and was a DVC member. She pool hopped. My hope is that we can at least do that... the beds :scratchin well, I guess I will just have to deal with them cause I won't be able to make them not be double beds.
Ugh ugh and ugh on the bounceback :rolleyes2 and the 3 hour layover for that matter. Long day all around, I bet you were so thrilled to be home once there!

I really should have taken the time earlier in the week to see what it was. I had just not seen a brochure (now it looks like they put them in the welcome packet..rather than on the table) It was a very long day...but I was happy to come home and go out to eat with my husband.
To expect trips to be drama free is unrealistic, at least for me, and it seems to come from places I don't anticipate. Key is to move on which you have clearly done and take what you can from it.

:thumbsup2 My trips ALWAYS have drama. Well... february's did not... but all others have. I hope the fall won't... or at least not enough that would cause someone to get hurt.

That's sad about Kira being down on Disney. Part of it may be age too though.

it makes me sad...and it might have a bit to do with the age... but really, I think it comes down to an association with a feeling. I think she was highly embarrassed by how B saw her... but how Amanda saw her... and even how she felt she impacted my trip. So the thought of WDW just conjures up those feelings of embarrassment

Great recap on everything but I definitely think you need a do over on the Food and Wine Festival, it is so much fun and so much yumminess!

I do need a do over. I think it will be fun with the girls.. I just wish we were staying longer after the race... cause pre race I won't be able to really dive in like I would want to normally. Maybe that is why I didn't so much last fall. Course this year I won't have so much "OH MY 10 MILES!" going on. I eat quite normally before my long runs on the weekend....even have a drink during the week, and I do just fine. So maybe I will be able to indulge just a bit. :goodvibes

I think I'd like AoA but not sure I could take more than 1-2 nights there....too "much" for me for an extended period of time and yes, that is definitely age. LOL!

I think it is a cute resort with lots of energy. I just think that walk to the LM rooms is atrocious...and like you, I think more than a couple nights might be "too much" I think that is ultimately what sold Steve and I on the idea of DVC... the rooms are all just a little more "laid back" (or that is what we are telling ourselves. ;))

Is that Devine? Where IS her head? That's a crazy shot!

::yes:: I was going through the pictures and at first I assumed I took that one as a random shot near the drums... THEN I remembered it was her. We were so glad to see her. I thought we were going to miss her (and thus Amanda would miss her)

OMG - that bus IS really huge. :faint: I would have been running the other direction. :rotfl2:

It was kinda funny because another guy stopped and started snapping pictures of it too... all the while we were all going "ewe... ugh... ewe... Its big" Other people looked briefly and then left... obviously even more creeped out.

Pool time is always a good thing!

it is and we definitely had some fun in the pool this trip. It was easy to do so with our room right across from the pool!

I love this tuna! YUM - ME! :goodvibes

oddly enough, this is one of my favorite dishes in WDW. I love the sesame and the tuna!!

I think Zoe has every right to use the GAC pass. She has severe bladder spasms. That is a legit reason for not having to standing in long lines. It seems like her spasms were really acting up this trip, so all the more reason.

Fun update!

Thank you! They were really causing her grief. I suspect that dehydration has something to do with why they become worse. I need to be more mindful of that in the future. However another contributing factor is if she gets to full... so either she drinks too much and has them or doesn't drink enough and has them.... :sad2:

Wow, you were an updating machine.

I just needed to get this report done!

We fell in love with Tusker House last September and Mark insisted we go back. It's a great place for breakfast; love the pictures of Zoe with the characters.

It really is a great place for breakfast!

Great animal shots on the safari (Mark would love you as he loves elephants too).

Thank you. :goodvibes When i saw how many pictures of the elephants I had, I definitely thought of Mark and figured he would appreciate them.

I'm sorry it was so hot going to Epcot after checking into AOA.

As you know, it is just what happens when you go in the fall...sometime you get hit with REALLY hot days.

We also loved Chefs de France; sorry Zoe missed it.

I have decided that the lobster bisque is worth getting each trip..OH SO YUMMY!

I'm sorry for the ups and downs during this trip; I know it's been emotional for you to write this TR.

:hug: Thank you. It was. I honestly have missed B and writing about this made that wound open a bit... but it was good so that I could get some closure and do a self evaluation.

I look forward to future ones.

Well, I am still finishing up February's trip... and then there is the PTR for the fall... I am not sure if we will do a joint trip report or each do our own. (we have not discussed it) THEN there is going to be a trip in January... maybe february. It was definitely going to be february... but now I am thinking January makes more sense. So another PTR and TR there...

So ::yes:: there will be future reports. I just hope they are more upbeat and positive... AND entertaining. ;)

In going through my pictures, I couldn't believe how many elephant ones I had. I was bound to have a couple turn out. ;)

I hear you, the volume of pictures from our Animal Kingdom day was mind boggling and I'm positive I posted way more than warranted but oh well.

You are so right! It really was not worth it. I think we would have been far better off spending a hair more on one more night at POFQ (and getting an additional day's dp credits) However, both Kira and Amanda really loved being able to stay there. I think Amanda far preferred it.... other than sharing the bed with Kira, who wouldn't settle in. I am ok with a split stay.. but it is far easier on the front end rather than the back.

I don't mind a split stay either, in some ways I like it, but it does lose time.

I appreciate you saying this. I know that we missed some things on this trip because of how she was doing. Soarin was just not something we wanted to totally miss and it really looked like we were going to miss it...so I took advantage. :rolleyes: I do know that disabilities are real even if they can not be seen... but you would (or maybe wouldn't) be surprised at how many people can "judge" quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised but that doesn't make it ok :mad: I see comments like that even on this board and you know...you just don't know. You can't know. I assume good intent always and you know what, if someone really is faking or taking advantage of something like that...I don't want to know. While I never saw Tracy on the days she used a wheelchair, I doubt she looked "sick" at all, just super skinny legs and it wouldn't surprise me if folks made judgments that were incredibly off as a result. Makes me really mad.

OHHH! You really shouldn't have added this...:rotfl: It is the ONE thing that has me a tad.. not stressed... but wondering how it might not be perfect in regards to the fall trip. The 5 of us will be staying at Pop. It is a cost savings... so it works. But for me... I would like a bigger bed. For Tammie, she would like a better pool. However... (and correct me if I am wrong) I read a TR from someone who ran the phm...and stayed at Pop and was a DVC member. She pool hopped. My hope is that we can at least do that... the beds :scratchin well, I guess I will just have to deal with them cause I won't be able to make them not be double beds.

Yes, you can hop. Double check the site for blackout dates but I can't imagine any in Oct. You can hop to everywhere/anywhere but

AKL/AKV Kidani, BLT, SAB

The double bed issue is a huge reason we bought DVC. We'd already gone deluxe for it (though since then more of the mods have converted) and so financially it was a pretty simple switch. BTW I did peek for your dates. I can't see OKW though, only SSR and BWV as it's still more than 7m out on everything. SSR was available for both and BWV was available for the PHM but only partially for Marathon weekend. Are you doing both?????

If you pass, you'll be fine for either one as it's well inside the 7 month window before you get your points I think. For Oct though if you wanted to book for that, you'd be in a waitlist situation for a studio anywhere. I did a quick peek and everything I saw was gone on the 5th itself. You could probably do a split stay though but the weekend itself would be tough.

II really should have taken the time earlier in the week to see what it was. I had just not seen a brochure (now it looks like they put them in the welcome packet..rather than on the table) It was a very long day...but I was happy to come home and go out to eat with my husband.

:thumbsup2 My trips ALWAYS have drama. Well... february's did not... but all others have. I hope the fall won't... or at least not enough that would cause someone to get hurt.

I've had BB's included sometimes and not others so I could definitely see missing it. Drama is funny. I came back from our summer trip thinking it was drama free but really, as I write, there were moments...just nothing major.

it makes me sad...and it might have a bit to do with the age... but really, I think it comes down to an association with a feeling. I think she was highly embarrassed by how B saw her... but how Amanda saw her... and even how she felt she impacted my trip. So the thought of WDW just conjures up those feelings of embarrassment

I can see that though one would hope it will fade over time. I'm sure it will, it's just a matter of how soon.

I do need a do over. I think it will be fun with the girls.. I just wish we were staying longer after the race... cause pre race I won't be able to really dive in like I would want to normally. Maybe that is why I didn't so much last fall. Course this year I won't have so much "OH MY 10 MILES!" going on. I eat quite normally before my long runs on the weekend....even have a drink during the week, and I do just fine. So maybe I will be able to indulge just a bit. :goodvibes

It's funny, I was reading Tim and Barry's marathon report and they were drinking the day before! Not a lot but I was like wow....impressive. :lmao: Jeff would do that. Probably not more than 1 or 2 beers but interesting.

Pretty sure a drink during the week is long gone by the time you do your weekend run. :thumbsup2

I do think you can enjoy F&W without over doing the food. There are some seriously yummy and healthy options. I can honestly say that I didn't feel like I overate on that trip at all and we were at F&W a lot.

I think it is a cute resort with lots of energy. I just think that walk to the LM rooms is atrocious...and like you, I think more than a couple nights might be "too much" I think that is ultimately what sold Steve and I on the idea of DVC... the rooms are all just a little more "laid back" (or that is what we are telling ourselves. ;))

The rooms are definitely more laid back. The deluxes are in general and the villas even more so. I'm not a fan of huge resorts, although we loved OKW. I'm just not sure I'll like SSR. Even though we own there it is very possible we will only stay at THV and not the main resort. We will see but it's definitely not top on my list.

I so agree with you about the breakfast at Tusker House compared to CP.
Nice safari pics.
EWWW and yikes that bug is big.
No judging from me.
Nice room at AofA.
I love Chefs de France. Delicious.
We walked around the Little Mermaid area and to the front and didn’t really find the walk was too much. But I can walk for miles when I am in Disney mode. LOL.
Touring the parks when it is really hot is terrible.
Fun report even with the ups and downs but they go with life. Thanks for sharing.

I hear you, the volume of pictures from our Animal Kingdom day was mind boggling and I'm positive I posted way more than warranted but oh well.

Animal Kingdom is just such a neat place to get photos. I am not sure if I get more pics there... or in MK of the castle.

I don't mind a split stay either, in some ways I like it, but it does lose time.

I think it is just important to not have the split leave one night on either end. Well, maybe on the front end cause you could just not unpack a lot. But... the time to pack up and the repack just for one night is NOT worth it!

I wouldn't be surprised but that doesn't make it ok :mad: I see comments like that even on this board and you know...you just don't know. You can't know. I assume good intent always and you know what, if someone really is faking or taking advantage of something like that...I don't want to know. While I never saw Tracy on the days she used a wheelchair, I doubt she looked "sick" at all, just super skinny legs and it wouldn't surprise me if folks made judgments that were incredibly off as a result. Makes me really mad.

I try not to get too worked up about it. I can appreciate that some people just don't know better... bad as that is. Do I wish that they could maybe consider they don't know the full story? Yes... but I can't hold it against them entirely. It is just kinda how we are. We all tend to look at things from our own world perspective. Like... in February, there was a family shopping. We had to leave where they were because they were stressing us out sooo much. The mother and grandmother did nothing but scream at the kids. By scream... I mean... SCREAM. "JUUUUUST GET THAT ONNNNNE!!!" "DOOONT TOUCH THAAAT ONNNNE" it was loud... VERY loud. It would have been easy to judge... but we tried very hard not to. For all we knew this was their last day and the kids had been totally out of control all trip. Maybe someone had been sick... maybe they were short on sleep. ANYTHING could have been the case... rather than to just assume this was normal behavior for them. But it would have been normal for us (I think) to assume the worst. After all the behavior wasn't pleasant...and even though a number of factors could have caused their behavior... on the surface it just looked like a mean and nasty family all yelling at each other over what items to buy (and yes, the kids were yelling back) So it is that "on the surface" appearance that I try not to worry about too much. I mean... it was likely at one point or another that someone thought I was killing Zoe in the restroom. ;) I know I would have wondered if I were on the other side of the bathroom stall door had I heard all the commotion.

Yes, you can hop. Double check the site for blackout dates but I can't imagine any in Oct. You can hop to everywhere/anywhere but

AKL/AKV Kidani, BLT, SAB

So hoping to BW is an option? What about none DVC resorts? Like the Poly?

The double bed issue is a huge reason we bought DVC. We'd already gone deluxe for it (though since then more of the mods have converted) and so financially it was a pretty simple switch. BTW I did peek for your dates. I can't see OKW though, only SSR and BWV as it's still more than 7m out on everything. SSR was available for both and BWV was available for the PHM but only partially for Marathon weekend. Are you doing both?????

I appreciate you peeking for me. I will be so happy to be able to play around with things myself. Right now we are 8 months out... so we wouldn't be able to book anything but OKW for a while anyway... I figure we have a couple more weeks to get through ROFR... then the time to close and THEN the time to have points loaded to our account. Maybe another couple months? :faint: And that is assuming we pass ROFR.

If you pass, you'll be fine for either one as it's well inside the 7 month window before you get your points I think. For Oct though if you wanted to book for that, you'd be in a waitlist situation for a studio anywhere. I did a quick peek and everything I saw was gone on the 5th itself. You could probably do a split stay though but the weekend itself would be tough.

Yeah... I figure by the time we close if we close very little will be available..if anything. The dates I would hope to find something are 9/28 to 10/2... It will all work out though... the split stay is actually 4 and 4. Not too little time on either side. I will need a room on 10/6...but I am thinking I will probably just book a night by myself at Pop so I don't have to move.

I've had BB's included sometimes and not others so I could definitely see missing it. Drama is funny. I came back from our summer trip thinking it was drama free but really, as I write, there were moments...just nothing major.

I think drama...especially when there are how many females? is to be expected. ;)

I can see that though one would hope it will fade over time. I'm sure it will, it's just a matter of how soon.

She is starting to come around. She just has determined never again will she do a girls only. (but I am sure that too will change. ;))

It's funny, I was reading Tim and Barry's marathon report and they were drinking the day before! Not a lot but I was like wow....impressive. :lmao: Jeff would do that. Probably not more than 1 or 2 beers but interesting.

Pretty sure a drink during the week is long gone by the time you do your weekend run. :thumbsup2

Yep... anything earlier in the week would be fine... just not 24 hours before. I think I was much more leery of things last year when I was running less regularly. Now I run so often that I think my body can handle more variation in what I eat and then run. I mean.. it kinda has to. I do notice though... cheese the night before I run isnt a brilliant idea. :rotfl: But even having a couple drinks the night before I run 4 miles isn't the end of the world.

I do think you can enjoy F&W without over doing the food. There are some seriously yummy and healthy options. I can honestly say that I didn't feel like I overate on that trip at all and we were at F&W a lot.

I think so too. I can't imagine going to each and every booth.

The rooms are definitely more laid back. The deluxes are in general and the villas even more so. I'm not a fan of huge resorts, although we loved OKW. I'm just not sure I'll like SSR. Even though we own there it is very possible we will only stay at THV and not the main resort. We will see but it's definitely not top on my list.

yeah.. not a fan of huge resorts either, but I do like POR and that is a pretty large one. However... we stayed so close to the main building that it wasn't a problem. I think room location plays a huge role in how I feel about a resort.

I so agree with you about the breakfast at Tusker House compared to CP.

I am a big fan of AK anyway..so an early breakfast there is a good choice for me regardless of the food.
Nice safari pics.

Thank you. :goodvibes
EWWW and yikes that bug is big.

yes.. it was a tad gross. :crazy2:

No judging from me.

Thanks!
Nice room at AofA.

I was very impressed with all the detail given to the room. The pictures just didn't do it justice!

I love Chefs de France. Delicious.

agreed!

We walked around the Little Mermaid area and to the front and didn’t really find the walk was too much. But I can walk for miles when I am in Disney mode. LOL.

yeah... I can walk too. I think it was just the time it took to get to or from the room that bothered me... not the energy it took. Had we not been in our last 24, it might have been okay.

Touring the parks when it is really hot is terrible. [//quote]

It definitely is!

Fun report even with the ups and downs but they go with life. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sticking around. You are right... ups and downs are part of life. :goodvibes

Love the pic of us in front of the castle. It was great meeting you all! I keep thinking that I should post some pictures in sort of a picture recap TR - I can't remember all the details of a full blown TR. But since we're going back in Sept...I am sort of in the mood to do a PTR or TR. We'll see!

Love the pic of us in front of the castle. It was great meeting you all! I keep thinking that I should post some pictures in sort of a picture recap TR - I can't remember all the details of a full blown TR. But since we're going back in Sept...I am sort of in the mood to do a PTR or TR. We'll see!

You should totally do a PTR!

When in September? A group of us are going at the end of September.

You should totally do a PTR!

When in September? A group of us are going at the end of September.

We'll be there from aug 31 to sept 5th. So the wrong end of sept. i needed to go over labor day weekend for the extra vacation day. We wont be able to get free dining but we got the room discount so it worked out to almost the same. We'll be at AoA again we'll be there with my sister too. Super excited! I have ADRs at Be Our Guest!

We'll be there from aug 31 to sept 5th. So the wrong end of sept. i needed to go over labor day weekend for the extra vacation day. We wont be able to get free dining but we got the room discount so it worked out to almost the same. We'll be at AoA again we'll be there with my sister too. Super excited! I have ADRs at Be Our Guest!

That will be a very fun trip, I am sure! Sad that we won't be there the same time, but excited for you nonetheless! And to get an ADR for BOG!!! :cool1:

Is there a PTR? Love to hear more about your plans. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!