A Trip of Delicious Dining and Drinking Delights - September TR - food update 10/28

We're fair weather golfers, fair weather bike riders etc. so it's a big deal for us to go out in the rain. However, we were at Disneyworld, so obviously we couldn't stay in our room all night! We had been looking forward to Tangierine Cafe, so we decided to head back to Epcot.

We arrived back at the park at about 6:45ish. I had one umbrella, so we had a nice cuddly walk from the bus to the front gate and into the first store on the left where Jason decided to buy a second umbrella! They were $12ish, which we thought was a great deal since the ponchos are $8 and we'd actually use the umbrella at home too! So we gained our independence and hoofed it over to Morocco. At the back of the park! Haha.

It was nice and quiet in Future World, but we were too hungry for rides.

20130906_190132.jpg

The long walk was worth it!

We both got Shwarma platters and baklava. Jason had the lamb and chicken combo and I had the chicken.

20130906_191725.jpg

20130906_191739.jpg

Seriously, so much food! Everything was delicious. The chicken with the tzatziki was flavourful, the pita was soft and the hummus silky smooth. The couscous and tabouli salads were light and fresh tasting. We had no hope of getting through our meals and desserts, so we got a to-go box for our baklava and a bag to carry them in. This was handy because our umbrellas could share a bag with our dessert :thumbsup2

I really like the ceiling and the light fixture here...

20130906_193729.jpg

but boy did it ever LEAK! We had to adjust our chairs so we didn't get dripped on. Weird! We made sure we relaxed here to digest so I didn't regret eating so much again... I'll learn, I think!

After our lovely dinner, we decided to head over to Mitsukoshi (it was still raining). We spent like half an hour browsing here. I bought an origami kit and DH bought a thingee to go on his motorcycle (haha, so descriptive!)

I'll take one of these please!

20130906_194609.jpg

So many stuffies!

20130906_194623.jpg

:lovestruc Domo

20130906_194719.jpg

Some cute, super expensive mini houses

20130906_195229.jpg

And some amazing dishes that I'd love, but also quite expensive

20130906_195316.jpg

Japan had the friendliest CMs! They always offered to take our pictures.

20130906_195732.jpg

Cute!

20130906_200138.jpg

Mini trees! Apparently I have an affinity for mini things.

20130906_200307.jpg

We wandered towards USA and stopped for a potty break and to try and track down our friends since we had just overheard that Illuminations would still be happening! We didn't expect it would, so we were happy to hear that and stick around for it. Our friends decided to pass, I can't remember where they were though, DTD maybe? They did a lot of shopping in DTD.

So, we decided it was finally time for a GGS!!!! Grey Goose Slushie :lovestruc

20130906_202947.jpg

We stood under a big umbrella next to the stand to stay out of the rain (still!). But it wasn't a very good place to watch the show, so we headed left towards the bridge and went down to the lower viewing area and grabbed a spot near a planter. We stood under our umbrellas drinking the sweet amazing GGS and waited for the show to start.

20130906_210050.jpg

It's hard holding a phone for pics, an umbrella and a GGS at the same time. But I mostly wanted to just relax and enjoy the show, so I didn't take many pics.

20130906_210355.jpg

Not sure why that guy is looking at his phone and not in the direction of the globe.

Halfway through the show, the rain stopped, hurrah!

I like Illuminations, but don't love it. It was nice feeling the warmth of the fireworks though and we had a pretty centred view which was nice.

We wandered slowly out of the park, into the England store for a minute.

20130906_212346.jpg

And through Canada because I love home, haha. But just for a second.

20130906_212721.jpg

I'm not a fan, but a lot of people love Tim Horton's coffee. This would be good to know in case you want to brew your own while you're in WDW.

20130906_212733.jpg

Love the ball at night, and one of my fave pics of the trip.

IMG_1566.jpg

And then we headed into Mouse Gears!

We both really liked these cups, but never bought one.

IMG_1568.jpg

I was looking up, these gears move!

IMG_1569.jpg

Jason tried on a shirt, haha, but decided not to buy it. He did fall in love with Perry this trip though!

IMG_1571.jpg

Continued in next post...

... continued from previous...

Mick and Min nerds!

IMG_1572.jpg

Jason bought the Oswald the mechanic mug here, but that's it! I looked at all the shirts, but didn't find anything I loved.

However, I did LOVE the twinkly sidewalks. #placesihavestood (that's my brother's favourite hashtag, haha)

IMG_1573.jpg

Goodbye, ball!

IMG_1574.jpg

We didn't have to wait long for a bus again, and when we got back to Pop we decided to stop for a nightcap.

I'm pretty sure I had the grand margarita here one time, but I haven't stumbled upon the picture yet. Anyway, I had a Yuengling tonight.

20130906_224535.jpg

And I just realized I missed this... wonder if they'll play it again?!

20130906_224826.jpg

Jason checked out some of the local microbrews.

20130906_231315.jpg

And then it was 11:30 and we hit the hay!

Tomorrow is the classic, MK!

Getting all caught up with your updates but wanted to say we love Mitsokoshi's!! It's so easy to spend a ton of time (and money too) there!!!

Another morning dawns, and I do up my hair with one of my bows, and put on my new shirt I bought at Everything Pop the night before ;) I didn't feel like I had anything to wear that said 'magic kingdom!'

IMG_1576.jpg

Haha, we look like complete slobs in this pic! Mirror photos are horrible.

So we head out to the meeting spot, aka Lady. She's so cute! Once again I never found the energy to explore the rest of Pop Century, but that's okay! I liked my little area just fine on it's own.

IMG_1578.jpg

We slept in again and met up at 9! (Worst. disers. ever.)

Pop breakfast this morning was waffles and bacon all around! We had to wait for awhile, they were kind of slow, but that meant fresh waffles, so they were pretty tasty.

20130907_091149.jpg

It was humid already, but not particularly sunny yet as we headed to MK. This is always the longest bus ride from Pop, so I was excited when I got off the bus... and therefore took photos of the bus stop and the pop machines!

This is a horrible photo, but the bus stops are so beautiful here.

IMG_1579.jpg

And I like the retro look of their pop machines. How cold? ICE COLD!

IMG_1580.jpg

We headed into the park and up main street taking in the festive sights.

Must have pic, and extra fall-ish with the leaves.

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

I loved the pumpkins on the ledge, makes me want to put pumpkins on my gutters, but how would I light their candles?

IMG_1585.jpg

See? It wasn't really very good weather for castle pics. It was sort of foggy and gray :(

IMG_1589.jpg

And there were many people milling about, don't they know there are rides out there?

IMG_1590.jpg

Mickey pumpkin and the castle, aww.

IMG_1591.jpg

Enhance!

IMG_1592.jpg

We didn't actually stop for any pics in front of the castle, and I'm sad to say we didn't get any all trip! But it was kind of busy and it's hard to find a space to get out of everyone's way, and I wanted some rides!

I did get one with Mickey and Walt in the corner though.

IMG_1593.jpg

We decided to head left

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

I will live here please

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

And before we take a hundred steps, K wants to go to the Tiki Room... umm, okay?! I was trying to be polite.

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

Jason was working on his farmer's tan today in his basketball jersey.

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

I DO love the Tiki Room, but it shouldn't be the first attraction!!!! I love the tikis with the moving human-like eyes (in a love-hate way), and yes, I sing along! It was pretty dead though, so I don't think I disturbed anyone. Plus, I'm pitch perfect, so...... haha.

Another update coming right up in the next post....

Next up though, Pirates! That's a worthy ride. Arggg (like a pirate).

Hi Jack!

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

And also arggg (like frustration) because the young people on the ride with us talked. the. whole. time. Before we even got to the end we were decided we'd have to come back soon for a redo!

Hi Jack!

IMG_1614.jpg

Still, love it though, I think this is Jason's #1 favourite ride! And I love the Pirates gift shop!

IMG_1616.jpg

R was trying to be annoying and get in my photo, he did a good job, haha.

IMG_1617.jpg

Off we head towards Splash Mountain (for our FP+), which I sort of don't really like, and I was really nervous about getting soaked...

IMG_1618.jpg

The sun is coming out!

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

I tried to catch a catnap

IMG_1621.jpg

but I got SOAKED. RIGHT in the face. My outfit was pretty much dry, but my face was drenched. Ugh, the only one of us four who wears makeup! I'm such a girl. I tried not to complain too much though! Just wiped off my face, put on some more sunscreen and looked like a drowned rat.

IMG_1622.jpg

Long lines for all of the characters we saw on this trip.

Hi Jac... Woody!

IMG_1623.jpg

Even after a lame first attraction (not even a ride!) and annoying people on Pirates AND getting a face full of water, I was still in a good mood.

The next logical ride was one of everyone's favourites, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Another walk on, even though we arrived at the park late, it was still quite quiet.

This has to be one of the best themed lines! Anyone have any other favourites?

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

I mean, real cacti! (Great word, cacti.)

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

When times are hard, head to hard times! I'm in!

IMG_1628.jpg

I just checked the photo times and we had only been in the park for an hour and a half at this point! 4 rides in, one soaking, not too bad.

Out of Frontierland

IMG_1629.jpg

...and into Hauntedland!

via boatland and tangledtoiletland

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

Neigh.

IMG_1633.jpg

I like the new queue

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

K almost got sprayed, heehee.

IMG_1636.jpg

I heart Leota

IMG_1638.jpg

Love love this ride, there is so much to look at and I love the soundtrack. Although we got stuck on Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize. And not really looking at any scene in particular, so that was a bit disappointing! But only for about five minutes and then we were off exploring some more!

I will update again hopefully mid-week this week!

Our day had picked up. The sun had come out.

The Tangled bathrooms were singing.

IMG_1639.jpg

So pretty and I love the music. These were about a billion times better than the ones in Epcot the day before!

We were on a mission to Tomorrowland though, we had a FP+.

We watched these two walk over to their meeting spot, they're so cute! They really are Peter and Wendy!

IMG_1641.jpg

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go. DH made me take a pic of this crane because it's part of his job, haha.

IMG_1642.jpg

The other palm trees of WDW...

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

Here we are!

IMG_1645.jpg

This ride always makes me nervous while I wait. I think because it's dark and you feel like you're on a teeny tiny rickety track.

I felt better by photo time though! Fun ride! I had to hold on though, haha.

IMG_1646.jpg

I wish they wouldn't put the text over our faces, I'm not going to buy it either way, I just want a freebie photo of a photo!

Here we go up the ramp. Gee, this technology is so cutting edge.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

I'll take my future children on this ride, since I've never been on it before.

IMG_1649.jpg

After flying through space, we were tasked with fighting Zurg.

IMG_1650.jpg

The good guy

IMG_1651.jpg

And, look what we did!

IMG_1653.jpg

Holy lucky! I actually thought we maybe broke it. I knew 999,999 was possible, but I didn't think I'd ever ge it!

So I asked the CM at the end of the ride "Umm, we both got 999,999, do you think it was broken?" and she said "No. You're Galactic Heros, go around the corner and get your buttons!"

So we did.

IMG_1655.jpg

We were super proud of ourselves. R&K were jealous. and a bit skeptical, haha. We got asked about our buttons a few times, and got a few 'happy bi... what's that?' haha.

So, we were on a high and decided we needed a celebratory lunch, so we headed towards the exit. We luckily arrived at main street in time to catch Move It! Shake It! We just walked right up to the edge of the street and watched it come by. I was in awe of our lucky timing and it was super cute! I think I had a huge smile on my face the whole time.

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

So cute!

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

Balooooo

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

One of my fave characters

IMG_1663.jpg

And one of my fave movies

IMG_1666.jpg

This sums up how I felt afterwards! Hahaha. I fail at selfies!

IMG_1668.jpg

Well, I will end the post with THAT. Next up is lunch outside of the park!

Brava for going out to Epcot in the rain!! Hmmm, Tiki Room is fun but sure wouldn't be my first choice for the first ride of the day!
Haha, your Space pic is funny-- hold on tight! I've never gotten anywhere close to 999,999 on Buzz! You must have hit a secret magic target!

Enjoying your pictures and updates!

Thanks!!

Brava for going out to Epcot in the rain!! Hmmm, Tiki Room is fun but sure wouldn't be my first choice for the first ride of the day!
Haha, your Space pic is funny-- hold on tight! I've never gotten anywhere close to 999,999 on Buzz! You must have hit a secret magic target!

Thanks! I was proud of us, going out in the rain and all, haha.

Yeah, DH googled it afterwards and found out that we just happened upon the secret target! I know I'd read about it before, but couldn't remember.

So we left off heading out of the park... love this!

IMG_1669.jpg

Bye for now train station

IMG_1670.jpg

We were headed for our first monorail ride of the trip. I have to say I think I like the DL monorail better, but this one is fun too.

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

We pass through the Contemporary, can't you tell?

IMG_1674.jpg

Next stop, the Polynesian! Love the indoor garden.

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Here we are... bad lighting. You can finally see my Mickey shirt though. I wasn't 100% sure about it when I was buying it, but I love it now, it's sooo soft and comfy.

IMG_1678.jpg

After a quick handwashing stop, we arrived.

IMG_1682.jpg

I was really looking forward to eating here.

We didn't have any wait to get to the order kiosks. I really wanted a dole whip, but I knew at this point I wouldn't be able to eat a meal and a dole whip, so sad. So I checked out the pastry case for something I could take back with me.

IMG_1683.jpg

Here is my pretty! Pina colada cupcake with pineapple filling. I really liked the cake and the filling, but the icing itself was a bit bland. I love that they have perfect little travel cases for them though.

IMG_1685.jpg

Even though we didn't have to wait, it was quite hectic in the small inside area, so we decided to head outside to the garden area, it looked fairly cool under the umbrellas and surrounded by vegetation, haha.

IMG_1689.jpg

DH apparently felt like a burger, even though I urged him to get pulled pork! Of course he thought it was just OK.

IMG_1686.jpg

I got the chicken burger with cheese, bacon and pineapple. It was good, but a bit dry, and when I went back in to get some mayo the mayo/ketchup/mustard line was like 5 people deep, so I didn't bother. That's the annoying thing about the hydraulic pump ketchup. Fancy, but only one dispenser can make for a long wait. However, even though it was dry, the bun had a lovely flavour and the asian slaw was delish!

IMG_1687.jpg

And I had this to drink which was really nice and not too sweet or fake tasting

IMG_1688.jpg

Eating outside was a great idea, it was much more relaxing since there was no one around.

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

After this we decided to head back to Pop a bit earlier for a rest and then we'd come back to MK early since it was closing at 7.

DH and I managed another swim in the bowling pin pool, which was the only pool we used since our afternoon swim time always coincided with games time at the hippy dippy pool. After our dip we split my cupcake and got some blue powerade in our mugs, yum yum!

Welp-- I'm so far behind! Trying to catch up now!

That shirt is really cute-- and so accurate!

:rotfl2: Love the picture of your DH playing with the puppets!

Traveling the WS did seem to be the hottest place EVER! Totally a good decision to make your way back.

Ah the food from Tangierine cafe is making me hungry! That was our favorite QS place in the WS! Glad you enjoyed too!

You guys looked too cute in Japan! I LOVE your shoes!

I agree that I like Illuminations but I don't love it. I feel like I just don't get the story part of it from the show so that's missing for me.

Did you ever get to see the Toy Story of Terror? I still haven't! I'm gonna have to look for it online.

Cute bow! I like the idea to wear it with a braid!

I agree- BTMRR has a really well themed queue! ToT is at the top of my list anddd I kinda really like playing the little games in the line for Space Mountain and get sad when I have to move past them! :rotfl:

Wow congrats on the Buzz scores! I royally suck at it! :lmao:

Yay all caught up now! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter