A Trip of Delicious Dining and Drinking Delights - September TR - food update 10/28

A little late to the party but I'm in!!! Oh my goodness both of your sandwiches from Boardwalk look so good. I seriously had no idea they served actual food and the fact that its a QS to boot is awesome!! Definitely on our must try list!! Can't wait to read more (and I love you nails BTW, the color is really pretty!!)

I'm here and all caught up!

Night 1 sounds like it was really nice :)

You're feelings about ToT are EXACTLY like mine! I love that ride to death but the anticpation always gets me SO nervous and I freak out a little, but afterwards I'm like ahh that was awesome! haha

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your DHS day!

Reading along~ we are going to POP in November and also have the QS dining for FREE. Can't wait to follow along on your report~ so far you have eaten two things I have been eyeing up for my trip. You are off to a good start. I am glad to hear the Boardwalk Bakery lobster roll is yummy, all the photos I have seen look good. Not like the ones at Columbia Harbor House which look like more mayo than anything else:rolleyes:

I'm in!! Sounds like a fun trip so far... Can't wait to read more!

Hi! The fun will continue. Thanks for joining!

A little late to the party but I'm in!!! Oh my goodness both of your sandwiches from Boardwalk look so good. I seriously had no idea they served actual food and the fact that its a QS to boot is awesome!! Definitely on our must try list!! Can't wait to read more (and I love you nails BTW, the color is really pretty!!)

Oh yeah, I wasn't sure about it before my trip, but I double checked they'd take our QS credits before we bothered going 'all the way' over to the boardwalk. Thanks, it's a L'Oreal nail polish which is random, but it has great staying power, lasted pretty good the whole trip.

I'm here and all caught up!

Night 1 sounds like it was really nice :)

You're feelings about ToT are EXACTLY like mine! I love that ride to death but the anticpation always gets me SO nervous and I freak out a little, but afterwards I'm like ahh that was awesome! haha

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your DHS day!

Night 1 was a great little beginning to the trip! I'm happy that we weren't all completely exhausted like we could have been.

ToT is one of the few rides that is still scary to me, haha.

Reading along~ we are going to POP in November and also have the QS dining for FREE. Can't wait to follow along on your report~ so far you have eaten two things I have been eyeing up for my trip. You are off to a good start. I am glad to hear the Boardwalk Bakery lobster roll is yummy, all the photos I have seen look good. Not like the ones at Columbia Harbor House which look like more mayo than anything else:rolleyes:

Yay for Pop and free dining! I have a lot more QSs to report on, although there was a repeat or two ;) We never made it to CHH even though I heard a lot of good things about it before our trip.

Great report! I just have two words, LOBSTER ROLL!!!

I think if you asked my DH what he thought of the trip as a whole, he's say "two words, LOBSTER ROLL!!!" :rotfl2: Thanks for reading along :)

I love those Monsters University topiaries! Fortunately, we didn't have to wait in line too long for a PP picture.
You guys definitely maximized the QS DDP! There are some great options out there and you definitely found them!

I'm in and reading along. Friendships....perfect

KIM

Thanks for reading along! Yeah, we thought it was a good name!

I love those Monsters University topiaries! Fortunately, we didn't have to wait in line too long for a PP picture.
You guys definitely maximized the QS DDP! There are some great options out there and you definitely found them!

They were super cute, weren't they! Is there usually something in that area or was this atypical? Glad you waited, can't wait to see the pic!

So we left off on the friendship back to DHS. We were on a mission to get to our TSMM FP time.

IMG_1438.jpg

We made it with five minutes to spare, phew. The fast pass line stretched a bit longer this time. I love how they explain the ride in such a cute way and really incorporate the themed items.

20130905_135453.jpg

20130905_135517.jpg

This time we rode as couples, and the guys both won again, but DH and I were pretty close until the section with the targets that went up in number as they dropped off.

We all decided it was a good time to take a break so we could be at Pop long enough to relax and make it back to DHS in time for BOTB.

DH and I filled our mugs with powerade and went for a swim. Then relaxed in the room for a bit, catching up on FB and Stacey!

20130905_155740.jpg

We headed out again at about 5 and the sky was looking ominous. We made it to BATB with enough time to grab a couple golden margaritas first!

20130905_172614.jpg

These really hit the spot, they were so refreshing! It was nice to have a slushy drink that wasn't super sweet like most non-alcoholic ones are.

I didn't get too many pics, I just had my phone out and not my camera.

20130905_173220.jpg

20130905_173923.jpg

Love the giant spoons, I want one, but where would I put it? Haha.

20130905_174018.jpg

20130905_174701.jpg

It was my first time seeing it, and I loved it. It was so funny, even if it wasn't always meant to be, and so campy! The dancers were amazing and their acting was fabulous. Gaston was great too, but Belle was just okay to me. She looked great, but her voice was a bit whiny and fake. But it was still a fun change to the Little Mermaid show.

We decided to grab some dinner after this. I didn't really have anywhere picked out because none of the QS seemed very good, and also most close at 5! So we looked around at the stands by BATB, but couldn't settle on anything, so we went to ABC Commissary. On the way, surprise surprise, it began to rain.

I got the Quinoa, Couscous and Arugula Salad with Chicken.

20130905_181817.jpg

This was ok only. It had way too much dressing which kind of ruined it.

DH had the fish and shrimp and chips.

20130905_181825.jpg

This was a good portion, and I stole a shrimp and it was hot and crunchy. I was a bit jealous actually!

For dessert we got one chocolate mousse and one strawberry parfait. These were both just okay too. This meal was probably our least favourite of our whole trip. It wasn't inedible, just nothing special.

20130905_182251.jpg

It was nice to be inside and out of the rain though! We relaxed for awhile and tried to wait for the rain to let up, but it wouldn't. We had two umbrellas between the four of us, so we decided to get cozy and head for The Great Movie Ride. The wait said 15 minutes, but we decided to stick it out, just like everyone else, so I think it actually ended up being longer than that. It was okay, we were all still digesting and happy to be dry.

Movie time!

IMG_1439.jpg

This seemed apt. Could have used a coat like that.

IMG_1441.jpg

Blurry, but beautiful.

IMG_1442.jpg

I know already, it's raining!

IMG_1443.jpg

One of my favourite childhood movies!

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

We had another great ride through the movies. I actually really like this ride, even though it gets a bad rap. It's cheesy, but fun!

After this ride, it was still raining, so R wanted to check out the Legend of Jack Sparrow. I didn't get any pics, but there was a rainbow!

IMG_1447.jpg

This was kind of alright actually. I liked the effects and it was cute for the kids who got to participate, they were super excited. There was also a cute baby right in front of me, and he really liked it, so that says something! And it stopped raining while we were inside, yay!

I had a bit of a tummyache after this, so I decided to sit one out while R&K went back to ToT. DH was sweet and decided to hang out with me and we shopped through all of the stores along Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard.

We were considering watching Fantasmic tonight, but the weather had been so crummy, that we decided we'd try to get back on another night. It took R&K a long time to ride and catch up with us, and I was wondering why it seemed like all of a sudden so many people were leaving, but Fantasmic ended up being cancelled anyway! Sadly, we never made it back here and I love Fantasmic! At least we did it last trip. Regret #1!!!

We ended up waiting around here for quite awhile.

20130905_202037.jpg

Haha, Jason's facial expression:

20130905_202052.jpg

Final pic in this park!

IMG_1448.jpg

Can you tell it's been raining? Yikes, me!

We decided to end our night at Downtown Disney (again). Jason really wanted to have a cigar at Fuegos, so that's what we did! We hopped on the Art of Animation bus because it was there, and transferred fairly quickly.

There was what is now referred to as "the incident" while we were waiting. Jason went to throw out an empty water bottle while we were waiting in the bus line, so as he goes to step over the chain, he kicks the bottom of my purse and my phone jumps out and lands on the ground. Sad face. Thankfully it just busted up a corner of it and not the screen, but it was REALLY random and actually quite funny... to everyone else! it was so random, I have no idea how physics allowed it to happen! But now I have a beefier case, so all of my edges are protected (and covered since now it looks ugly).

So we made it to DTD and we sat outside Fuego's for a drink and a cigar. He's full of strange faces tonight:

20130905_223557.jpg

We saw a bridal party!

20130905_224325.jpg

The little girl with her parents next to us was so excited, haha. They were Italian, so she was talking in Italian, but I still could figure out what she was talking about! It was cute.

And we got to listen to the music from the Raglan Road patio, so that was nice too. It was a nice relaxing end to our first full day!

20130905_233003.jpg

Next up is our day at Epcot!

All right, let the comments commence!

Awww, I love that Minnie tote bag! It's so cute!

Hey! You stopped at my favorite airport! We always try to fly out of Milwaukee, because we like it so much more than the airports in Chicago. Smaller, more convenient. Cheese. What's not to love? :rotfl2:

Off topic, but I'm loving your nail polish color. ;) It looks kinda like You Don't Know Jacques from OPI.

WPE is the best QS value on property, hands down. Whenever I'm on the QSDP, I make multiple trips.

Mmmmmm, Guinness......:hyper:

Best...Star Wars shirt.....ever. :thumbsup2

I agree, the costumes in Oz the Great and Powerful were really great.

No worries on not knowing the terminology. I'm a huge dork, so I can advise you that you went to Hoth. :rotfl:

Agreed. DHS food is the worst.

Based on your food pictures, I'm definitely gonna have to check out the Boardwalk Bakery for lunch. Looks very good.

Golden margaritas?! That looks absolutely scrumptious.

Completely agree on ABC Commissary. It's just meh.

Yay for the TR! I'm so excited to hear about it!

Glad to hear you loved the Magicbands! We really liked them too-- much more convenient than digging through a bag for KTTK cards constantly!

Your WPE meals look delicious. Definitely good values for a QS credit and tasty too!

Ah I'm totally with you about going with their opinion when they offer it! 95% of the time all I get is "Ummmm... I dunno we can do whatever"! :rotfl:

We still didn't do the Backlot Tour this trip! :confused3 I'll live vicariously through your pictures and pretend we did I guess!

I loved the Power Rangers! Seeing those outfits definitely brought back memories. True Story: I named my little sister Kimberly after the pink ranger :offtopic:

I love the consistency for your ride photos! You're reacting and he's just chillin' there. :lmao:

The MU topiaries were SO cute!

AH we saw SO many of those little gecko creatures! They were really everywhere!

The Boardwalk pictures are so beautiful and the food from the Boardwalk Bakery sounds amazing!

So glad you got to see BATB and enjoyed it!

Sounds like a great way to end the night at DTD! I wanted to make it back there during our trip but we never got the chance!

That margarita looks delicious, and I usually don't like slushy margaritas!
I also love BATB, but have never really been impressed by any of the Belles I've seen. :confused3
Oh no, your poor phone!! I'm glad it wasn't too damaged!

All right, let the comments commence!

Awww, I love that Minnie tote bag! It's so cute!

Hey! You stopped at my favorite airport! We always try to fly out of Milwaukee, because we like it so much more than the airports in Chicago. Smaller, more convenient. Cheese. What's not to love? :rotfl2:

Off topic, but I'm loving your nail polish color. ;) It looks kinda like You Don't Know Jacques from OPI.

WPE is the best QS value on property, hands down. Whenever I'm on the QSDP, I make multiple trips.

Mmmmmm, Guinness......:hyper:

Best...Star Wars shirt.....ever. :thumbsup2

I agree, the costumes in Oz the Great and Powerful were really great.

No worries on not knowing the terminology. I'm a huge dork, so I can advise you that you went to Hoth. :rotfl:

Agreed. DHS food is the worst.

Based on your food pictures, I'm definitely gonna have to check out the Boardwalk Bakery for lunch. Looks very good.

Golden margaritas?! That looks absolutely scrumptious.

Completely agree on ABC Commissary. It's just meh.

Thanks for all the comments! Milwaukee was a lovely airport, and we actually had some pretty good food there too.

Yes, it's definitely a dupe for you don't know jacques. I like it because it's neutral and goes with everything!

I'm dorky, just have an awful memory, to the point that I don't even know if I've seen movies before when people ask and I need to ask DH if I have :rotfl2:

Definitely head to Boardwalk Bakery sometime! It was amazing!!! and I think it's a hidden gem, since it was so quiet when we were there.

Boo ABC, Yay Margarita! It was scrumptious indeed.

Yay for the TR! I'm so excited to hear about it!

Glad to hear you loved the Magicbands! We really liked them too-- much more convenient than digging through a bag for KTTK cards constantly!

Your WPE meals look delicious. Definitely good values for a QS credit and tasty too!

Ah I'm totally with you about going with their opinion when they offer it! 95% of the time all I get is "Ummmm... I dunno we can do whatever"! :rotfl:

We still didn't do the Backlot Tour this trip! :confused3 I'll live vicariously through your pictures and pretend we did I guess!

I loved the Power Rangers! Seeing those outfits definitely brought back memories. True Story: I named my little sister Kimberly after the pink ranger :offtopic:

I love the consistency for your ride photos! You're reacting and he's just chillin' there. :lmao:

The MU topiaries were SO cute!

AH we saw SO many of those little gecko creatures! They were really everywhere!

The Boardwalk pictures are so beautiful and the food from the Boardwalk Bakery sounds amazing!

So glad you got to see BATB and enjoyed it!

Sounds like a great way to end the night at DTD! I wanted to make it back there during our trip but we never got the chance!

Welcome home!

Yeah, so when DH wanted WPE again, I allowed it ;) We just happened to walk by the Backlot Tour and R&K suggested it. I was feeling antsy like there was other, better stuff to do, but I was trying to be agreeable. It wasn't bad really!

That's so cool about your sister's name and Power Rangers! I loved them too and used to watch them with my little brother, haha.

I think it's just that DH maybe didn't realize where the cameras were? We got a great photo on our last trip from RnRC, so maybe I will dig it out and post it. Proof that he can look happy :rotfl2:

Yup, Boardwalk Bakery is a hidden gem!

We went to DTD a few nights because the parks mostly closed pretty early while we were there.

That margarita looks delicious, and I usually don't like slushy margaritas!
I also love BATB, but have never really been impressed by any of the Belles I've seen. :confused3
Oh no, your poor phone!! I'm glad it wasn't too damaged!

I agree about slushy margaritas, but this one wasn't too sweet and it was still fairly strong. And extra refreshing. I almost felt cold for a second while drinking it.

She wasn't that bad, I just didn't love her, ya know? I should want to be Belle's friend, and I didn't leave feeling that way!

Thanks for the phone pity :goodvibes

We decided that for breakfast this morning we would head over to Art of Animation!

It was humid already at 8ish.

IMG_1449.jpg

My phone was less foggy, so I managed to capture some of this amazingly cute area even though I was still half asleep! I'm not a morning person, and I'm also used to being alone in the mornings because DH leaves before I even get up. So I'm not used to even talking to anyone for at least the first hour of my day. So some mornings were challenging for me and I just sat there like a sack of potatoes eating my brekkie!

Fabulous colours and landscaping! Wow, much nicer plants than Pop I thought. Especially in this area, it really fit the theming.

20130906_085819.jpg

There's a sign saying not to climb on this coral, but it looks so tempting, haha.

20130906_085839.jpg

Dude!

20130906_085853.jpg

Totally.

I can't believe these actually 'mine'! Very cool.

20130906_090032.jpg

Cars! Thanks for the perfectly placed cloud!

20130906_090014.jpg

20130906_090022.jpg

I wish we could have explored more and checked out the cozy cones.

The guys got way ahead, and we couldn't find them, so I took some more pics. The lobby is really cool, but it seems a bit bare or something.

IMG_1451.jpg

This wall was awesome!

IMG_1452.jpg

And I kind of want a mini version of this over my dining table.

IMG_1453.jpg

Landscapes of Flavor was similar to Pop, but a bit newer and cuter.

I really wanted a smoothie because it was already hot and I needed something refreshing. I got the tropical one, and it was delish! Came with a big chunk of pineapple on top too :)

DH got the chocolate chip pancakes which he thought were just okay. Too many chocolate chips, he said. :rolleyes2 I told him he should have tried one of the meals he couldn't get at Pop, but apparently he wasn't into that. He had trusted me so far with food, he should have one more time! He thought the sausages were especially gross. It kind of gets an F for presentation too. But he also got a coffee for us to share since we didn't lug our mugs over to AoA, so all was well.

20130906_090905.jpg

I could go for a smoothie right about now, but I guess I will have some orange juice instead.

We headed out front to catch a bus to Epcot and one was loading as we got to the stop. Hurrah! This happened a LOT on our whole trip. I guess we were lucky for busses. But I think it was just because of me and Jason. When R&K split up with us in the afternoons they had a few times where they walked up just as it was leaving. So, I give us all the credit ;) We may or may not have unnecessarily ran for busses almost every time though :p

Just a short update for now, I have to work on croceting a baby quilt for a mama who's at the hospital as I type, so I better get that finished first. It's a miserable day out today, so I may have time for another update later.

Things to look forward to: matching shirts, finding out our future, an educational trip through a garden and MORE (margaritas)!

Ah AoA is gorgeous! I'm glad you guys got to check it out.

I'm totally with you in wanting a version of that light fixture and the sketch progressions in the lobby are great too! :goodvibes

Disney really did a great job with AoA, huh?? Love your pics!

Yes! I don't really care for the looks of the Little Mermaid rooms, they're a bit gaudy, but I'd probably stay there anyway because the rest is cute! Maybe one day when I have a bunch of kids and need a suite, hahaha. Although I do really like that Pop's pool is deep in the middle, since I think most new Disney pools aren't.

Ah AoA is gorgeous! I'm glad you guys got to check it out.

I'm totally with you in wanting a version of that light fixture and the sketch progressions in the lobby are great too! :goodvibes

I'm glad we got a few minutes at least to take some walking pics. That whole pool area is amazing!

They should sell home-versions in the gift shop there. I guarantee people would buy them!

Going to check out your TR now, yay.

So we arrived here:

IMG_1456.jpg

For some reason on this trip the bag check lines were always longest and most thorough at Epcot! DH had a long conversation with a guy while he waited for me "So, is this the husband wait bench?" the guy asked :haha:

If I see palm tree, I must click:

IMG_1457.jpg

I decided we needed to jump right into Spaceship Earth because I have never done it before! Check off one new thing, tick. There are about as many things I did do as things I didn't do that were on my 'haven't done before' list, but that's okay, one can never do everything at Disney anyway.

So we waited a bit and took some pics

IMG_1458.jpg

I was the only one in a photo taking mood.

IMG_1459.jpg

Is this the real life? is this just fantasy? haha, what a painting, but it certainly sums up the ride perfectly.

IMG_1460.jpg

I wonder how long this guy has been working this ride?

IMG_1461.jpg

This was so educational... and yet I forget it all. It really felt like 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?' and I think I wasn't.

IMG_1463.jpg

I'm sure that guy had something important to say, he looks like it at least!

And then we got stuck going backwards into the stars... it was a cool view though. I probably could have fallen back asleep!

But, we were forced to find out our future, who needs a psychic?

IMG_1465.jpg

Apparently it includes swiss cheese head.

IMG_1466.jpg

So... I loved the ride! Obviously! But then they suck you in with all of those lame games etc. and R&K and DH wanted to look at everything and I was getting umm, not annoyed, let's say impatient.

I kept trailing towards the door, but no one was following so I had to lure them... You guuuuuys, our future is waiting! It's right out there!

It worked. R had to pee. Sigh.

We got back on track after that and headed over to another educational ride, Living with the Land. (FYI - we had a FP+ for Test Track, don't worry!)

Past the fountain who's very always so camera shy, but it's decorative tent is a real show off.

IMG_1468.jpg

Another detour already... but who can say no to

IMG_1470.jpg

Unfortunately no Costa Rica today, but there was Japan on another station, blech.

IMG_1471.jpg

I still always try the Beverley, and she really sneaks up on you. The first few seconds you think 'hey, maybe it's not as bad as I remember it', and then, it is. Blech again. Ginger ale for the win, thank you China!

IMG_1473.jpg

I really like this mosaic

IMG_1474.jpg

Not the right time of day for a nice bright photo of these

IMG_1475.jpg

Here we are! I love this ride, but it's totally information overload. I bet it's on youtube, I can listen to everything again and absorb it all. What a nerd.

IMG_1478.jpg

Look at these big... guys... anyone?

IMG_1479.jpg

Foreshadowing for an amazing coconut treat later in the trip.

IMG_1480.jpg

Dragon fruit are so pretty

IMG_1481.jpg

But bananas are more of an every day snack

IMG_1483.jpg

Look at those lil chompers! I always hope that it'll be feeding time when we go by... no luck!

IMG_1484.jpg

Hops... foreshadowing of beer of course!

IMG_1485.jpg

I took this photo because I've finally made my peace with cilantro. I used to absolutely hate it, but I can tolerate it now, and even appreciate it with Mexican food.

IMG_1488.jpg

I'm so jealous of this garden. I'm too afraid to grow vegetables because I'm pretty sure I'll suck at it, and then next year I'll just have a square of dirt in my backyard :( I want LwtL in my backyard!

Okay, thanks for tagging along on my very slow trip across future world (seriously, it took an hour to get here!) and you still haven't seen our matching shirts yet! Next update - Test Track (nope, we didn't go on Soarin'!) and straight on to World Showcase!

Seriously, five Disney days is nowhere near enough! All the trip report is reminding me of is how we didn't have nearly enough time to stop and smell the roses. Literally, there were probably roses to smell, and we missed them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter