Corona virus ended my trip 2020 PTR over at 16 days away**

Omg, you guys. I stink at these! I have booked dining! My days are looking like this::::

March 28th, arrive and TREX dinner @ 8:00 pm
March 29th, Magic Kingdom with no ADR's
March 30th, Epcot with an Akershus breakfast at 8:40
March 31st, no park day, 1900 Park Fare breakfast at 10:20. I also have 'Ohana scheduled but it's a late dinner and just really hoping for an earlier opening than the 9:35. I plan to hang by the pool all day with Maizy and super relax.
April 1st, Hollywood Studios with a Sci Fi Diner at 11:35. Right now I'm really struggling figuring out how I want to tackle HS. I really want to kind of spend the morning either at Galaxy's Edge and have breakfast there, or at Toy Story Land and have breakfast there. But, I want to rope drop Smuggler's Run if I can. Ugh.
April 2nd, Animal Kingdom with ADR Y&Y at 1:30
April 3rd, MK with no ADR

April 4th, leave and have Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno

What does every one think about these? And does any one have tips on how to spend my day at HS? I'm obsessed with Star Wars, and Maizy not so much but she knows how much I love it and I'm sure she will have fun. Honestly, being in Galaxy's Edge will be enough for me, but is grabbing a quick breakfast there feasible while still trying to rope drop Smuggler's Run?

I am home with the flu which has been awful. But, I woke up to wonderful news this morning. I have a deposit date on my refund and it’s before Disney balance is due. It was cutting it close and I was stressing and obsessing. But everything is going as planned! So to proceed with all the planning I’ve done so far and catch anyone up:

March 27th - rental car pick up. Leave home between midnight and 1:00AM. I am giving us 12 hours to drive.

March 28th - arrive and go to Disney Springs and walk around until check in. Question, can we drop off our bags at the hotel before check in and leave or is that a no no? Either way, no big since we’re driving. We will check in @ 3:30, freshen up, go back to Disney Springs for dinner with the family at Planet Hollywood @ 6:15. Then hit the hay as soon as we get back, early morning at MK!

March 29th - I snagged FP
10AM Big Thunder
11AM Splash Mountain
12:25AM Haunted Mansion

Plans are early park arrival to rope drop PPF or it’s a small world. We’ve ridden and love both, and basically just killing time between park opening and my nephews haircut he has scheduled. After the rides we are meeting at Sleepy Hollow (hence why we picked rides near that area) for breakfast and then doing our fast passes together because we got all the same ones! I can’t believe how great this has all worked out. Then:
Lunch @ Harbour House
Parade @ 3:00PM
Try and snag FP for any of the three princesses / Ariel, Cindy, or Tink with Tink being priority for 4-6 window. We’re trying to meet and greet all 3 after parade. And get a snack somewhere between.
Jungle cruise
Magic Carpets/Meet Aladdin and Jasmine
Get a dole whip and walk towards plaza and wait for fireworks. Or ice cream at plaza. I want to watch fireworks near that area just because I saw it shown as a good spot. But my main desire is to watch them with my family so idc where. They have dinner reservations at Diamond Horseshoe so we will see.

March 30th - Epcot
10:10AM Frozen ever after
11:30AM Nemo and friends
12:55AM spaceship earth

We have Akershaus breakfast reservations so perfect to eat, head to meet Anna and Elsa, then do our frozen fast pass.
Going to do the seas fast pass, then the seas main tank. Then head to lunch around 1:00 at La Cantina.
meet Ralph and venelope
SE fast pass
Try and get a soarin FP
Living with the land
Turtle talk
The Flower & Garden festival is going on and the food looks so yummy so I’m hoping to take it easy after lunch and kind of just enjoy snacks with my sister!

March 31st -Animal Kingdom
10:15AM expedition Everest
11:35 FOP
2:45 safari

Rope drop Navi
Use EE FP
Lunch at Satu’li canteen
FOP
Lion king show 1:00PM
Discovery trails/walk around see animals
It’s tough to be a bug
Safari
Check out Zuri’s sweet shop
Nemo show 4:30
Kali river rapids
Snacks/dinner and Festival of Lights Singapore sling at drink cart near the area
Maybe Navi river at night again
Must have night blossom

April 1st - Hollywood Studios
9:40AM Toy Story Mania
10:55AM Mickey’s Railway
12:30AM Star Tours
Early park day to snag boarding pass

Rope drop SDD
Use TSS FP
Alien Swirling Saucers
Mickey’s railway FP
Sci fi at 11:35
Star Tours
Beauty and the Beast 2:00*
Disney Junior Dance Party 2:30 might not do idk
Voyage of Little Mermaid 3:00*
Meet Chewy*
Try and snag 2nd round fast passes for smugglers run
Frozen sing along 5:30

I * what is more important because honestly I feel what we can do will be less around this time depending on boarding pass. God I hope we get one. I don’t have dinner worked out here but idc to have a pizza back at hotel.

April 2nd - Magic Kingdom
9:50AM Space Mountain
11:10AM Buzz’s space spin
12:30AM 7DMT

I don’t have this day planned much since it’s a second day and it all depends how first day goes. I want to meet some princesses, do tea cups and Winnie the pooh again for sure! Meet jasmine and Tink if we didn’t get to first day. Lunch at Casey’s corner and idc about dinner again, will do a little more searching to figure that out.

we have no rest days between because my sisters AP ends the day before our trip when we originally planned MK so she would of had to pay more to do a park day that day and I was happy to change. So April 3rd is chill pool day and breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. April4th is departure day and breakfast at trattoria.

I am feeling so blessed and grateful and cannot wait time get this trip started. THIRTY FIVE DAYS!!!!

Hello! I jumped over to read about your plans!!! They sound great.

So, I think you plan for Hollywood Studios sounds good, hitting Toy Story Land first is probably your best bet. You might be able to hit Toy Story Mania in the morning as well. It handles large crowds best in that area, so the wait doesn't get too high quiet as fast.

Tips/ Tricks for getting your Rise of Resistance Boarding Group...
  • Make sure you are all in the park before opening and ready to get a group.
  • Have everyone who has a phone try and get a boarding group. That way whoever gets it first gets it first, everyone else will just get a message that they got one already.
  • Have someone use the wifi and someone use your cell service. There is debate as to which is best.
  • Once you are all in the park, fully close your app and reopen it 5 mintues before so it is fresh.
  • And last, which I don't know if this actually worked but wait like a hot second before submitting for a group when it opens up. I think everyone starts mashing and if you do it just before it opens and you get behind.
It is so stressful, I will tell you that! We did it twice this trip and got a group both times, first time we were a back up group and the second time group 11! I do think as long as you do all of the things above you "should" get a group it is just random what group you get. Also, once they start calling groups, it's seems to have been about 10 groups an hour. (As long as the ride doesn't go down)

But it is TOTALLY worth it!!!! Is your daughter tall enough to ride it?

Also, since you are rope dropping Slinky Dog, I would try and get there a full hour early to be more in the front of the rope drop crowd than the back. Our trip was right before Presidents Weekend and busy but EVERYONE is getting to the park early to get those boarding groups, so the rope drop crowd has been MUCH larger. And the 3 big rides are getting hour waits almost immediatly as the park opens. We ended up waiting 2 hours for Rock n' Rollercoaster.

And get breakfast BEFORE you get to Hollywood Studios or bring it with you. They only have Starbucks, Woody's Lunchbox and Ronto Roasters open. And they get long waits!

I am not sure what your luck will be on getting a MF Fast Pass. With only 3 Tier Ones, it doesn't seem like a lot of spaces to have extras, but who knows. If the wait is 60 minutes or less, it isn't that bad of a wait. It keeps moving fairly well, so it doesn't feel too bad. And the Disney Parks app has some games to do.

Good Luck!!!

Hello! I jumped over to read about your plans!!! They sound great.

So, I think you plan for Hollywood Studios sounds good, hitting Toy Story Land first is probably your best bet. You might be able to hit Toy Story Mania in the morning as well. It handles large crowds best in that area, so the wait doesn't get too high quiet as fast.

Tips/ Tricks for getting your Rise of Resistance Boarding Group...
  • Make sure you are all in the park before opening and ready to get a group.
  • Have everyone who has a phone try and get a boarding group. That way whoever gets it first gets it first, everyone else will just get a message that they got one already.
  • Have someone use the wifi and someone use your cell service. There is debate as to which is best.
  • Once you are all in the park, fully close your app and reopen it 5 mintues before so it is fresh.
  • And last, which I don't know if this actually worked but wait like a hot second before submitting for a group when it opens up. I think everyone starts mashing and if you do it just before it opens and you get behind.
It is so stressful, I will tell you that! We did it twice this trip and got a group both times, first time we were a back up group and the second time group 11! I do think as long as you do all of the things above you "should" get a group it is just random what group you get. Also, once they start calling groups, it's seems to have been about 10 groups an hour. (As long as the ride doesn't go down)

But it is TOTALLY worth it!!!! Is your daughter tall enough to ride it?

Also, since you are rope dropping Slinky Dog, I would try and get there a full hour early to be more in the front of the rope drop crowd than the back. Our trip was right before Presidents Weekend and busy but EVERYONE is getting to the park early to get those boarding groups, so the rope drop crowd has been MUCH larger. And the 3 big rides are getting hour waits almost immediatly as the park opens. We ended up waiting 2 hours for Rock n' Rollercoaster.

And get breakfast BEFORE you get to Hollywood Studios or bring it with you. They only have Starbucks, Woody's Lunchbox and Ronto Roasters open. And they get long waits!

I am not sure what your luck will be on getting a MF Fast Pass. With only 3 Tier Ones, it doesn't seem like a lot of spaces to have extras, but who knows. If the wait is 60 minutes or less, it isn't that bad of a wait. It keeps moving fairly well, so it doesn't feel too bad. And the Disney Parks app has some games to do.

Good Luck!!!

Those tips are wonderful, and I appreciate it so much!!! I appreciate when people can tell me if something is even doable or not, like a second fast pass for MF because I enjoy going into things with realistic standards. Thanks so much for reading and giving advice !!!

My dad called me yesterday and has decided that he is going to go to Disney World with us. We are SO EXCITED. I was able to change all my ADR's besides Sci Fi Lunch, and the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast. My sister is going to try and change the dinner reservation for Planet Hollywood from 7 to 8. If they can't change it, do they sometimes allow same day add ons like if he walked in with us and we just tried to see if they could fit him? Just curious.

Also, I was informed when I called Disney that I would add my dad on as a "day guest" to our room and wouldn't have to purchase the same amount of park tickets. My dad has SI problems, and worries if he bought 5 park tickets he might not manage to do a park every day and wind up wasting money. Has anyone done this? The cast member said they would provide my dad with a plastic key since he would have no magic band.

I have paid for my stroller rental through Kingdom Strollers, and got a Mini GT Single. Hope it helps at the parks for Maizy. She's 7, but short and under 60 pounds. I now do not have to rent a car and this is awesome and saves me money!!! I am driving my grandma's Honda Accord. We are leaving Friday after work and actually renting a hotel in Macon, GA.

Also, I was informed when I called Disney that I would add my dad on as a "day guest" to our room and wouldn't have to purchase the same amount of park tickets. My dad has SI problems, and worries if he bought 5 park tickets he might not manage to do a park every day and wind up wasting money. Has anyone done this? The cast member said they would provide my dad with a plastic key since he would have no magic band.
So, you could do a handful of things... You could also get an extra magic band, the front desk would probably even give you a plain gray one. But either way, link the extra magic band under your name, it should open the door. And you could just give it to your dad. Or you can open the rooms now with the app. If you Dad has a smart phone, download the app on his phone and log him under you. He "should" be able to open the door that way as well.

I have paid for my stroller rental through Kingdom Strollers, and got a Mini GT Single. Hope it helps at the parks for Maizy. She's 7, but short and under 60 pounds.
It totally will! It is ALOT of walking for kids. And Iiked it when the girls were little for crowds. I knew where they were.

So, you could do a handful of things... You could also get an extra magic band, the front desk would probably even give you a plain gray one. But either way, link the extra magic band under your name, it should open the door. And you could just give it to your dad. Or you can open the rooms now with the app. If you Dad has a smart phone, download the app on his phone and log him under you. He "should" be able to open the door that way as well.

It totally will! It is ALOT of walking for kids. And Iiked it when the girls were little for crowds. I knew where they were.
I appreciate your help!!!! Can’t wait! 21 days.

17 days and this corona virus thing has everyone around me freaking out. Friends saying I should go etc. I am going....I am paying attention the next days coming obviously but...I’m just feeling hopeful and like I’m not cancelling. Am I crazy

I truly cannot imagine. I am so, so sorry.

I feel so dramatic, but I really am so sad. My poor daughter just cried. I cried, too! We are looking forward to a reschedule but wow....the count down was SOOOOOO CLOSE! I had our bags packed wahhhh. BUT, I am feeling confident that we will be safe among the chaos and healthy, hopefully.

I really feel for you. Hopefully Disney will work with everyone in your situation.

Yes, it seems we can reschedule with no fees. So I am going to call them on my lunch break. Shooting for end of October to first week of November, my daughter's 8th birthday is November 5th!

Sorry that you got caught up in the mess but a November visit sounds really good. We have only been in the Summer because of work/school. Maybe you can save up a few more bucks and do something you normally wouldn't have done to treat yourselves to something extra special.

Sorry that you got caught up in the mess but a November visit sounds really good. We have only been in the Summer because of work/school. Maybe you can save up a few more bucks and do something you normally wouldn't have done to treat yourselves to something extra special.
How have summer trips gone for you? Maizy wants to go for her graduation lol. Graduation from 1st grade! She says she doesn't want to wait till november. But, that's a really good idea!!! Maybe we can do a dinner party or the MNSSHP

How have summer trips gone for you? Maizy wants to go for her graduation lol. Graduation from 1st grade! She says she doesn't want to wait till november. But, that's a really good idea!!! Maybe we can do a dinner party or the MNSSHP
Definitely hot and humid but we come from hot and humid so we are ok. We take a mid afternoon break to rest or swim. Overall, I like Summer trips but want to experience a different season at WDW to compare the two. I wouldn't want to wait until November either if I were a soon to be 2nd grader.

I’m honestly trying not to be angry, sad, and upset all day but I can’t help it. Our trip is ruined.
So sorry to hear about your trip!! These are crazy times right now.

I feel so dramatic, but I really am so sad. My poor daughter just cried. I cried, too! We are looking forward to a reschedule but wow....the count down was SOOOOOO CLOSE! I had our bags packed wahhhh. BUT, I am feeling confident that we will be safe among the chaos and healthy, hopefully.
It fair to be upset. But it will be for the best.

I agree, try saving a few extra bucks, and plan an extra magic morning event or something. Find an silver linning and something extra special to look forward to.

Again, so sorry that your trip had to be cancelled.

So sorry to hear about your trip!! These are crazy times right now.

It fair to be upset. But it will be for the best.

I agree, try saving a few extra bucks, and plan an extra magic morning event or something. Find an silver linning and something extra special to look forward to.

Again, so sorry that your trip had to be cancelled.

thanks dear. After two days of thinking I’m certainly morehappy they’re being safe. And appreciate how accommodating they have been for people rescheduling. We are going to try for May at the advice of my sister so that we can still salvage a trip together. If not I’m thinking first week of November. I’m on hold with Disney now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!