A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

Well, I am back from my errands. Morgan had a sleepover last night, so she is dead to the world in her room. And Gwen is busy repainting squishies, so we are all kind of chill. SO, I am going to get another post in before I have to start dinner.

Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 4)

We headed towards Spaceship Earth to use our first fastpass of the trip!

Gwen's teacher told Gwen that she needed to take a picture of a palm tree for her. So, Gwen wanted me to take this photo. I kind of like it!

The fastpass line was longer than I would have liked it to be but it moved fairly well. And we really only waited 5 minutes. And before long we were passing Space Jesus.

The girls sat in front of us, so I gave Morgan my phone to take a family selfie...

I think she might need to work on her selfie skills a little...

We took our time travel seriously and paid close attention!

I always think this animitronic looks like Aziz Ansari from Parks and Rec. And I always try to get a good pic but htey are always blurry.

And then this guys always reminds me of Ron Swanson...

But in all seriousness, we all actually love riding this ride. I am always surprised that the girls like it so much.

After our ride it was about 5:30, so we had just missed the next class. So, we took our time walking back over that way. We ended up stopping at the Pin Trader Booth and buying the Figment Painting search thing.

I thought the girls would really like doing it as we walked around and I knew the prize was coloring books and I thought they would like those as well. And I got to use our AP discount for the first time! Woo Hoo!

After we checked out the living statues and some chalk art on the way back.

We were back inside around 5:45 and got in line for the next class. This class had just done the Orange Bird!!! Man, I was a little bummed that we didn't get to do that one! But it was what it was.

Morgan was practically giddy waiting to do this. She was beyond excitied. She has a few how to draw books and pulls them out periotically and has gotten much better at drawing. Back on one of our trips a long time ago, probably our second trip maybe. We waited to do the Animation drawing class when it was in Hollywood Studios. And Morgan started crying histerically because her drawing didn't look like the professional animators... Oye! So, she was ready to redeem herself!

We were let into the area once the last class left and the CM set up new paper and pencils. They had a nice drawing table set up on the stage. Since we were first in line, we got front row seats! A bunch of folks finished the last class and just got right back in line.

Waiting for the class to start!

The animator started right on the half hour. They had a camera on drawing he was doing and screens on each side for everyone to see what he was drawing.

Our character this time was Meeko! Which Morgan was also super excitied about drawing. I was a little more meh on the character. The animator took you step by step through drawing the character, so, it wasn't "hard" to draw just hard to make it look good!

Here is Morgan and her final product. She loved doing the class!

This was Gwen's Meeko. She said it looked more like Talouse the cat from Aristocats than Meeko. Which I kind of agree but still cute!

Andy's version. But he is probably the best drawer in the family even if he is a copywriter by trade.

And mine...

I hung up the drawings we did on the stairway from the last trip. And plan to replace them with these. Because we some how lost Gwen's from that first trip. :( .

It was def worth the effort for us to do. It did kind of strew up our evening, as I didn't think we would still be in Future World basically so late in the evening. But it def made Morgan happy!

We headed to redeem our "prize" for figment, as I wanted to make sure we did that this trip. So, we headed to the Disney Traders, I think that is what it was called. (one of those 2 pagaoda like stands right as you enter into the World Showcase.

The CM that helped us was really nice but kind of slow. And at that point, we needed food. She took the time to show the girls all 4 options and some of the pages. It was really nice but I was just be impatient.. She also kept going on and on about how the books were on ebay for like $30 a piece and we should take good care of them.

This is what they choose. And I was a little disapointed as I thought they were going to be a little more of complicated coloring. But it makes sense that they weren't.

With those in hand, we headed into the World Showcase! We needed to head towards Norway as we had a fast pass for Frozen Ever After that was coming up quickly.

As we passed through Mexico, we checked out the food booth for FoAs. Andy decided he wanted to try the Scallops. And I decided I wanted a margarita. So we split up to wait in the two lines.

I do NOT like scallops but he convinced Morgan and Gwen to try a small bite. Gwen said, it was ok but wouldn't ask for it again. But Morgan actually really liked it!

Andy said that the puree that they were on was really good as well.

The line for the outdoor margarita stand was fairly long. It was National Margarita Day. So, I ended up getting out of line, as I wasn't sure I would have time to drink it all before we needed to ride Frozen. We needed to use our fastpass by 7:00 and it was 6:40 at the time.

So, we ate our little snack and then headed on towards Norway!

Last edited:
The girls sat in front of us, so I gave Morgan my phone to take a family selfie...
Untitled
I think she might need to work on her selfie skills a little...

Christmas card photo!!

She took the time to show the girls all 4 options and some of the pages. It was really nice but I was just be impatient.

I get so mad at myself when someone is trying to go above and beyond to give me that extra level of service and I'm just watching the clock. But, really, sometimes you just need to get moving.

I had asked Andy like a million times what time he wanted to leave and he kept saying 8:30. Now we do live close to the airport but I never like cutting it close. It just stresses me out. I would rather kill time at the airport and have a nice meal than rush and worry about security lines and whatever.
I am the same way!!! I hate flying anyway, so I'd rather just be there already and not add worry about being late to the mix!

Andy gave them a line that he forgot his phone and needed to come back. They pulled in, and Andy opened the mini-van door.

This is such a cute way to surprise them!!! I agree with Gwen--so sneaky! :)

Even Andy!
Best ever! :)

Spaceship Earth_Aziz
I always think this animitronic looks like Aziz Ansari from Parks and Rec. And I always try to get a good pic but htey are always blurry
Jimmy always says this is the 3 wise men!! LOL

But in all seriousness, we all actually love riding this ride. I am always surprised that the girls like it so much.

I was also really surprised that DS called it his second favorite ride of our trip. Although he was disappointed there was no Pompeii. I had to re-explain that it was more about inventions rather than events. When we passed the Sistine Chapel scene, he asked "Is that Michelangelo?" so apparently his school is doing more art than he talks about at home.

Wahoo! I'm here...finally....

Next is my DH, Andy.
Okay, what does the rest of his shirt say? If it says wife, I need it for my husband.

I remember our first trip it seemed like an eternity to find it. It is a long walk down to the end there.
We will be doing this in May. I am a little nervous about the whole flying process because I haven't flown since 2007. It was to Disney but I don't remember much of that part!

He also, spotted the girls with there Perry plush. And said hold on a second. He ran off and came back with 2 gray magic bands. He asked the girls to come over. And he said that everyone in our party needs magic bands. And gave the plush each there own. The girls thought this was great!
This is so cool! I love the good CMs! We love to do #castcompliments on Twitter for the standouts!

We got to see the new Rivera Hotel being built. It is HUGE!!!!
We saw it also because we were at Pop. It is huge. I love that we will be able to try it one day. Yes, I love my DVC.

And the Skyliner!
Yes, when we walked over to AoA from Pop there is astation on the bridge. Should be fun to try it out.

it was hot today! Hotter than we were expecting and I didn't change at the airport, so I was still in leggings and sweating!!!
OMG, so hot when we were there. I am so glad I brought a variety of clothes because I had thought I would need capri leggings and I didn't at all.

The girls of course wanted to swim, but I didn't have there suits, as they were in the suitcases and that wasn't the plan. So, I had to convince them to head out to EPCOT for some food!
See, I think I may have this same problem because we always swim on arrival day and we aren't in June. Because we will be official passholders by then, I decided to take advantage so we are doing dinner and a few rides in Epcot. Maybe we can do a late night swim when we come back though we have to be up for an 8am BOG the next day.

Our first line of business was to get our Annual Passes activated. So, we went over to the Customer Service window. The girls didn't understand why we had to do this, as this was a first for us. But thankfully, there was no line and we were able to walk right up to the window.

The gentleman got us all set with our passes, I had bought them online a month at a time, so we just need to activate them. And then I also purchased a Tables in Wonderland card for us to use.

We were finally ready to head into the park!
So how long do you think the process took? I have the option of activating them in May and then just not using them til June. Supposedly they won't start counting down until we actually enter a park, but I have serious concerns about this, especially since I would probably do it at DS before we go to Epcot the next day and then we would have to make sure they used our one day tickets....hmmm, after typing all that out I think I might just wait til June.

Lines were that bad at this time of day (4:24) but we wanted to use the Annual Pass line, because I mean we could!
Cannot wait to use this. It's the little things!

The girls wanted there own Painted Brush Churro Bites.
Painters Brush Churros_Gwen

These look good. I don't think I have ever had a churro but seems like they are like a cronut (one of my fave snacks) just in a different shape: friend dough and cinnamon sugar?

Andy and I decided to split the Lobster Bacon Mac n Cheese Cone.
Bacon Lobster Mac n Cheese Cone

This was really good. Although, we were really hungry, soooo I am not sure we were the best judges at that point. There was big chunks of lobster in it, for sure which is good.
This looks really good. Yum!

And before long we were passing Space Jesus.
Space Jesus
:rotfl2:I'm not sure I have ever noticed this!

I really think AJ will like it a lot this trip. He is super into history and communication history specifically. I've been talking to him about the ride lately.
It has been since June 2017 since we visited Epcot so I think he is really going to like it so much more than he did before.

I get so mad at myself when someone is trying to go above and beyond to give me that extra level of service and I'm just watching the clock. But, really, sometimes you just need to get moving.
I know! I was polite but inside I was screaming! Ha. And I did appriciate her taking the time to let them pick, because sometimes, my girls just can not make decisions...

Super cute drawings and what a fun way to spend time in Epcot!
It was fun, and if we are there again for FoA, I am sure we will be doing it again!

We will be doing this in May. I am a little nervous about the whole flying process because I haven't flown since 2007. It was to Disney but I don't remember much of that part!
I didn't even think about the fact that you guys normally drive! You will be fine! When you get off the pho-monorail, just go to the left and all the way to the bottom floor!

Okay, what does the rest of his shirt say? If it says wife, I need it for my husband.
It does say Wife!!! And it was HIS idea!!! I have one that say home with a castle. It has somehow become our EPCOT shirts... not sure why

I love the girls' version! So cute. And when did Morgan become a teenager?!
I really don't know. It kind of happened overnight.

See, I think I may have this same problem because we always swim on arrival day and we aren't in June. Because we will be official passholders by then, I decided to take advantage so we are doing dinner and a few rides in Epcot. Maybe we can do a late night swim when we come back though we have to be up for an 8am BOG the next day.
Do you know how late the pools are typically open over the summer? 8:00 PM was rough for us this trip. We totally wanted to swim a couple nights but 8PM came fast. I assume it was because it was winter.

So how long do you think the process took? I have the option of activating them in May and then just not using them til June. Supposedly they won't start counting down until we actually enter a park, but I have serious concerns about this, especially since I would probably do it at DS before we go to Epcot the next day and then we would have to make sure they used our one day tickets....hmmm, after typing all that out I think I might just wait til June.
It really didn't take long. The longest part would have been waiting in line for your turn. And then getting the table in wonderland card, cause we had to shift down to the next lady, as she had the special printer for the cards. But it really wasn't that long at all.

Cannot wait to use this. It's the little things!
It was a HUGE time saver a couple mornings!

These look good. I don't think I have ever had a churro but seems like they are like a cronut (one of my fave snacks) just in a different shape: friend dough and cinnamon sugar?
Pretty much! The girls kind of just discovered them. I think the Churro ice cream sandwich might be on the must try list for Morgan's birthday!

I really think AJ will like it a lot this trip. He is super into history and communication history specifically. I've been talking to him about the ride lately.
It has been since June 2017 since we visited Epcot so I think he is really going to like it so much more than he did before.
I bet he will. And if nothing else the "Movie" at the end is entertaining.

Those are all so great! So much better than if I did it!
Thanks! Sometimes I think the girls are too hard on themselves because Andy can draw so well.

Meh... The location was one of the farthest rooms in the perferred rooms area from the lobby. It was fine but he was really selling it as a great location. T

I think they get paid extra to talk up room location, LOL!! When we stayed at Kidani we were only four rooms from the farthest point from the lobby, and the check in guy said, "Oh, it's just right down this hall", and gestured to the right :rotfl::rotfl: According to my watch it was .4 miles away!!

We got to see the new Rivera Hotel being built. It is HUGE!!!!

Wow, I can really see how big it is from the perspective of your photo!! It's a lot bigger than I thought seeing it elsewhere or in artist renderings

32402665197_7fc7320d91_z.jpg
P

That's just too cute!

The girls were very excitied about the jumbo sized treats

Um, so am I!! I've never seen the jumbo ones, only the regular sized ones. I might need the Minnie macaron pillow!!

yum! i want them to have something like this at food and wine!!

I am always surprised that the girls like it so much.

My boys have always loved it too!! It just means you're raising them right ::yes::::yes::

All your drawings came out so good! If Morgan really enjoyed it you should get over to AOA sometime to do the class there. Of course not as good as the original or as cool as the set up at the festival, but fun nonetheless. I'm glad you got to do it!

Steve had those scallops and thought they were good but not as good as his F&G shrimp lol.

Joining in!!

Yay the surprise went off pretty well! Cute pics of the girls reactions!

Glad you made it to the airport without any issues!

Aww I love reading the girls journal entries! So sweet!

That was nice of the CM to give the stuffies their own magic bands!

Glad you guys got to do the animation class. Meeko is a different character to draw than I normally see!

Sounds like a great time at Epcot!

Do you know how late the pools are typically open over the summer? 8:00 PM was rough for us this trip. We totally wanted to swim a couple nights but 8PM came fast. I assume it was because it was winter.
I can't really remember for sure but we were in the pools when HEA was going off and it was at 9 I believe. So they were definitely open past 9pm.

It really didn't take long. The longest part would have been waiting in line for your turn. And then getting the table in wonderland card, cause we had to shift down to the next lady, as she had the special printer for the cards. But it really wasn't that long at all.
Good to hear. We will get our TiW card in May so that will save time. Our APs won't be activated but we can get them because of our DVC.

It does say Wife!!! And it was HIS idea!!!
Yay! Now, where did you get it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter