A Trip Around The World + An 11-Night Fantasy Trip to Paradise! June 14-28, 2017! *COMPLETED 8/24*

Thanks for sharing your report! A Disney cruise is on my bucket list and we just had our first WDW visit in June. I actually think I saw you at Disneyland this past Friday night, Aug. 11 at Fantasmic! in the RBT dining area. Will you be doing a trip report for Aulani & Disneyland? I'd be interested in reading if you do!

Hi. Thank you for sharing. I absolutely loved your trip report and pictures. I have never been on a Disney cruise but will get on really soon.
I'm glad you were able to follow along! Disney cruises are a lot of fun...even for adults! :) I was an adult by the time I started cruising Disney, and I don't really want to go back to any other cruise line.

Thanks for sharing your report! A Disney cruise is on my bucket list and we just had our first WDW visit in June. I actually think I saw you at Disneyland this past Friday night, Aug. 11 at Fantasmic! in the RBT dining area. Will you be doing a trip report for Aulani & Disneyland? I'd be interested in reading if you do!
Glad you enjoyed it! How did you like WDW?

That was probably me. That trip wasn't planned this time last week. My Dad and I had to make a sudden trip out to CA last week, so of course I had to go to my favorite Disney park. I was fortunate to get that dining package the day before. You should have said hi if you knew it was me. :) How did you like the new Fantasmic? That was the 2nd time I saw it. I saw it D23 weekend, and I also saw it Saturday night. Saturday night was better in my opinion. Murphy decided to perform that night, and Eric decided he would dance with Ariel lol.

Unfortunately, I will not be making a trip report from my D23, Aulani, Disneyland trip from July. I really didn't see the point since the Dis Unplugged covered everything from D23 so well. I also was enjoying Disneyland a lot to the point I didn't take a lot of pictures. Then when I got to Aulani, it was a lot of the same stuff for us. If you would like to know what I think of Aulani, feel free to pm me.

Details of the Disney Fantasy - Part 1!

Now that my updates for my vacation are over, I would like to give all of you a special look into the Disney Fantasy. Some of these can be found on all of the Disney ships, but some of these are unique to the Disney Fantasy.

On the final night of my cruise, I always walk around the ship and take pictures. This usually tends to be around midnight which allows me to get pictures with very few to no people in the picture.

So, lets start!

On the stairwells, you will notice that there are very nice pictures as you walk up or down. What you might not realize is the pictures distinguish where you are on the ship. For example, here is a picture of Walt Disney. This picture can be found on the stairwell right by the Walt Disney Theatre.

You can find Walt Disney’s initials in the carpet by the Walt Disney Theatre.

I really like the look of the shopping area on the Disney Fantasy. The gold really reflects the area, and it also goes all the way up to the Walt Disney Theatre.

This picture in the shopping area makes you realize that you are close to the Walt Disney Theatre. It is also one of my favorite pictures on any of the ships.

This statue of Mickey can be found near the balcony entrance to the Walt Disney Theatre. This statue was really tucked away and you would have really had to walk the entire ship to spot it.

More pictures of Walt Disney near the balcony entrance to the Walt Disney Theatre:

The next detail I would like to point out is the use of forced perspective. This area of the ship is an aisle going towards the bars/lounges which becomes an adult only area after 9 p.m. each night. So, how do you keep kids out of there? You make an aisle seem like it is longer than it actually is. As you look at this photo, I am standing toward the end of the aisle facing the adult district. The aisle actually gets smaller as you get towards the adult district. That makes it seem like the aisle is longer than it actually is. This is very similar to how Disney does Main Street U.S.A. in their parks. The CM on the ship made a joke saying that “the kids will look at the aisle and turn around because they don’t want to go down an aisle that looks longer than it looks. (so they
think)” I guess this is a unique idea to try and keep kids out of the adult area.

Europa is the adult district and it pays tribute to different areas in Europe.

I want to say this area is themed like Italy:

Irish Pub:

Wine bar. This pays tribute to France (I think), but it also has some reference to Dumbo (see all the pink).

The Tube is the night club on the ship and it is a Great Britain theme.

The ceiling of the Tube is actually the flag of Great Britain (I couldn’t get a great picture of it).

Inside the Tube, you will find a seating area with writing on it. If you notice the 31 Mar 12 on the picture below. That pays tribute to the maiden voyage of the Disney Fantasy which was March 31, 2012.

The Skyline Lounge. I believe this is the martini bar and it actually has LED walls which will change between 4 or 5 different European cities within an hour (I think). I didn’t spend a lot of time in here because I don’t drink, but I find the concept being really cool.

There will be more on my next post.

Last edited:

Details of the Disney Fantasy - Part 2!

I love this Peter Pan photo on the ship. This photo was found near Animator’s Palate in the stairwell.

This hallway is the walkway between the atrium, Royal Court Dining Room, and Animator’s Palate Dining Room. I really like this hallway because it features pictures from different Disney films. You can also see that gold is a very prominent color aboard the ship.

I love the pictures of the different castles int he atrium area.

I really like the mickey icon on the archway to the shopping district.

The food area where you can get burgers, pizza, etc. is themed after the movie Cars, so you can find a road and lanes in this area.

Cabanas is the buffet area not he ship, and it is beach themed.

Notice the pillars themed like an umbrella.

I really like this mural in Cabanas:

These clocks in Cabanas reference current time, but also the time of different Disney Parks around the world.

This wall in Cabanas pays tribute to different Disney Parks Castles around the world, but designed like it is out of sand.

I love the Finding Nemo pelican right but he elevator in the Cabanas area.

These huge windows can be found around the ship and they are fun to lay or sit in.

There will be more in my next post. (Will be posted at a later time.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the great trip report - it sounds like an amazing trip and seems like you really have it down on how to enjoy (or at least how you like to enjoy) a Disney Cruise - it is great there were some special experiences for you on it

Thanks for covering the overview and details of the ship - speaking of details, you really noticed a lot of them!

IMG_6438.jpg
<=== that is a very cool picture of Walt, not sure I have seen that one before

<==== these are some cool pictures too. I think that one top left of the middle picture is of Walt, Roy, and Margie Gay of the Alice Comodies

<==== that cool!

Thanks for the great trip report - it sounds like an amazing trip and seems like you really have it down on how to enjoy (or at least how you like to enjoy) a Disney Cruise - it is great there were some special experiences for you on it

Thanks for covering the overview and details of the ship - speaking of details, you really noticed a lot of them!

<=== that is a very cool picture of Walt, not sure I have seen that one before

<==== these are some cool pictures too. I think that one top left of the middle picture is of Walt, Roy, and Margie Gay of the Alice Comodies

<==== that cool!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Each ship actually has a theme tour for adults only offered many of the sea days during the morning (I think it was on the sea days). I think it was called "Art of the Theme Show" tour. I got a lot of my info from that tour, and I also think they went more into depth in that tour on this cruise than any of the other ships I have done the tour on. I will have one more detail report tomorrow along with my conclusion.

Details of the Disney Fantasy - Part 3!

I forgot to include a part of the Europa District of the Disney Fantasy in part 1 of my Details of the Disney Fantasy posts. So, here is an aisle way between the area designed like Italy (central location for the wine bar and the Irish Pub) and the entrance to the Tube. This aisle is designed with a Spanish feel to it, and it is also home to the nicest restrooms on the Disney Fantasy. :)

You can find a statue of Minnie in the atrium. Each ship has a different statue of a character. The Disney Magic has Mickey, the Disney Wonder has Ariel, and the Disney Dream has Donald Duck.

Here is a picture of the atrium. Now, this encompasses decks 3, 4, and 5 midship. Decks 3 and 4 have many of the shopping, entertainment, dining, and lounges. Deck 5 is home to the kids clubs and the movie theater. So, if you look at this picture, you might notice something a little different. If you look at decks 3 and 4 compared to deck 5, you will notice that the ceiling for deck 5 is shorter than decks 3 and 4. Disney did this because deck 5 is home to all of the kids activities. Disney shortened the length from the ground to the ceiling on that level to give the kids a sense of that is their floor by making them feel taller.

Between the floor in the atrium and the chandelier, it was themed very much like feathers from a peacock.

The chandelier has more than 60,000 crystal beads.

If you are wondering how they clean the chandelier, they can actually lower the chandelier to the floor. However, you probably won’t see this since this is usually done in-between sailings, and it also hasn’t been done to many times.

The atrium is absolutely beautiful.

I find this chair and the mural behind it very nice inside the atrium.

When you walk up to the Enchanted Garden Dining Room, there are flowers in the rug.

You will notice there are what looks to be two smoke stacks on the Disney Fantasy, but there is actually one. Disney wanted to design their ships like the classic ships which would have several smoke stacks. Ships today are so advanced that they only need one. So, one smoke stack has the entrance to Aquaduck and the other is home to Vibe (one of the kids clubs). The smoke stack in this picture (Aquaduck entrance) is the smoke stack of the Disney Fantasy.

My last detail of the Disney Fantasy is actually a really unique one. When designing the ships, Disney wanted to design their ships with all of the colors of Mickey Mouse. Well, that presented a problem. All ships have to be seen at night. So, how can Disney have the color black on their ships since black can’t be seen out at sea at night. Well, you might see “black” on all of the Disney ships, but it is actually a really really dark shade of blue. The way Disney found this really dark shade of blue is one day they were in a design meeting. One lady came in with a pair of pants, and everyone in the room pointed and said,”That’s it!” That’s the color!” So, they asked the lady if she would be willing to donate her pants and that would later become the color of the bottom portion of all of the Disney ships (True story). You can find the yellow on the lifeboats, but this also presented a problem. The coast guard came back to Disney saying that lifeboats have to be orange. So, Disney had to go through several tests just to prove that they can see their yellow lifeboats at night. Eventually they got the ok from the coast guard to use the yellow lifeboats, and Disney is the only cruise line to have a lifeboat color other than orange. The reason why Disney is the only cruise line that can do that is they copyrighted that coat of yellow to be named “Mickey Yellow." A lot of the upper part of the ship is white. Then the smoke stacks are the color red. So, it might have been difficult for Disney to get this color scheme on their ships, but I really appreciate the detail that Disney wanted to design their ships in the colors of Mickey Mouse.

Thanks everyone for reading these posts about the different details you can find on the Disney Fantasy! I really hope you enjoyed these special posts!

Last edited:
Conclusion & The Rest of My Summer!

This concludes my trip report! Thank you to everyone who has kept up and read my trip report! I hope all of you enjoyed it!

My summer has been a really unique one. It has consisted of two trips to Walt Disney World, a Disney Cruise, a trip to the D23 Expo/Disneyland/Aulani, and another trip to Disneyland. You can say I have had a very crazy but an unique Disney summer.

Here is a brief look into everything else I did after this trip:

So, a couple weeks after this trip, I made my way to my “home” which is Disneyland. I'll be honest when I say that I enjoy the Disneyland Resort a whole lot more than the Walt Disney World Resort. That is probably due to the fact that I lived 20 minutes away from the Disneyland Resort for most of my life. I still like Walt Disney World a lot, but it was great to walk through the gates into Disneyland and Disney California Adventure again.

This would also be the first time I was attending the D23 Expo. Lets just say I had way to many 4 and 5 a.m. mornings, but this Expo was awesome! As a huge Disney fan, I had one of the best weekends of my life.

During the Expo, I was able to get into the Parks and Resorts Presentation. During the presentation, they gave everyone a pass to see Fantasmic sometime that weekend before it opened to the general public that Monday. So, I was able to get a pass to see the first public performance of the NEW Disneyland Fantasmic! I really like this new version, but there are a couple things that I don't approve of as of now. We will see if some of the changes I'm not ok with will grow on me in the near future. It is still a really good show, and it still beats Walt Disney World's
version.

As a musician, I was very fortunate to see my favorite Disney composer, Alan Menken, perform a concert at the D23 Expo. He performed songs from a lot of my favorite Disney movies.

After this trip, my Dad and I made our way over to Aulani: A Disney Resort and Spa. This resort was very beautiful!

View from our room at Aulani:

After that trip, we would make our way back home. However, suddenly, a couple weeks later, we would find ourselves going back out to California for a personal reason. I would make it back to Disneyland during this time since the Railroad/Rivers of America had reopened. It was also the final week of my favorite Disney Parade at Disneyland, the Main Street Electrical Parade. So, I was able to say goodbye, but hopefully it returns somewhere in the near future.

So, that was a brief look into the rest of my summer for all of you.

If you have any questions about anything during this trip report, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, Walt Disney World, or Aulani, feel free to private message me.

Thank you again for reading my trip report, and I hope all of you have a fantastic time on your next Disney adventure! :)

Last edited:
Great report. Thanks for the bonus report and photos on D23/DL/Aulani. Aulani looks beautiful!

Your Disney travels this summer were fantastic!! I want to be like you someday! :worship:

Can't wait to hear what you next adventure will be.

Great report. Thanks for the bonus report and photos on D23/DL/Aulani. Aulani looks beautiful!

Your Disney travels this summer were fantastic!! I want to be like you someday! :worship:

Can't wait to hear what you next adventure will be.
Don't be like me. Just be you. :)

I might have just sent you a PM about what my next adventure will be lol. :D

Well...this is me starting to catch up to this trip report :rotfl2: sorry for being absent :o

Yes, on Disney Cruise Line, they race babies on each cruise!
Oh my! That is just too cute :) . I didn't know they did that.

we could hear the music inside the room and the music playing in the lobby.
It's irritating to me to have competing noises :sad2:

Well, I proceeded to get “Nothing” for dessert.
:rotfl2:

Since it had been raining, we saw a rainbow right after we docked!
Holy moly that is just one beautiful photo you got!

I’m not the greatest drawer, but here are my drawings of Lightning McQueen, Mater, Jackson Storm, and Cruz Ramirez
You certaintly did much better than I ever could.

Here are many pictures of our experience inside the cave
I had no idea Barbados had caves like that.

It was definitely a great dinner while having a great view of our ship sailing away from Barbados.
What pretty photos you got from the table. Sounds very relaxing watching the sunset and the ship leaving port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter