• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Totally Worthless Trip Report

bom_noite

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:
Hiya Fellow DVC'rs! Long Time - No Post! Well, I have spent the better part of two years in Europe working! About 225 days a year - so - leaves me no time for posting. But, I need to do a better job of checking in from time to time!

Me and the Family just got back from a wonderful 5 days at OKW. Not your standard trip report - just the weird things I seem to notice as I travel through life:

:eek: Wow, lots of visible security at WDW! More then I can ever remember - it seems like they add more each year. One night the light at the intersection north of OKW and POR was out and they had like 5 Security guys there! Also lots of Orange County Sheriff's around the grounds ticketing drivers!

:laundy: Was on the OKW deck at 6 AM looking out over the resort. Saw three bright flashes of light on 3 separate decks which was followed by the red glow of a ciggie. Guess that policy aint working!

:cool1: They have a new store at Downtown Disney which deals in Memorobilia - lots of cool stuff! Cant remember the name - but - worth a look!

:guilty: We walked through the Lobby of GF one day and I noticed I was the only person wearing a T-Shirt!

:scared1: NO FREE VALET at AKL??????

:cheer2: I bought a SunPass this year! This little gizmo get's you through Florida's 476 Toll Booths without stopping! Kind of like a Fast Pass for your car! It is now tops of my "Favorite Possessions" list!

:scared: I opted for the Elevator to get to our third floor room on numerous occassions - was wasted from the parks. 4 Times I saw the same Mousekeeper on it when the doors opened! I finally deduced this was a hobby of hers!

:dance3: You just gotta love the Gurgling Suitcase! I work hard now so that in 10 years I can be a DVC bartender serving all of my friends!

:thumbsup2 We all love to stop at Virgin records. They give a 10% DVC discount on all stuff not on sale. The trouble is everything in the store is on sale!

:flower3: We saw people moving around on the top floors of the Canadian Exhibit at Epcot! Wonder what they do up there? Hockey season started - so it was definately not Wayne Gretzky!

:headache: Every year I discover that finding the member Trash Can at OKW gives me fits. I am constantly wandering all over looking for it. And, I never seem to remember were it is and lose it when I go looking the 2nd time. Last year my family found me in Downtown Disney with a flashlight looking for it! If you saw an extremely good looking guy with a confused look and a trash bag in his hands - guess who!

:mad: 35+ years and Corporate America still has not found a practical application for the Wedway People Mover.

:rotfl2: Was wasting time while my family shopped at WL - so I sat down and chatted up a DVC guide. I asked him about the size of the AKL lodge rooms. He told me "Our research found that people value larger Accomodations!" I certainly hope they did not spend alot of money researching this!

:hippie: 3 of the 4 members of the British Invasion looked older then me. And, I just turned 45!

:wizard: Rock N Roller Coaster was down for service. Major Bumber!

:goodvibes The Monorail between TTC and Epcot travels at exactly 35 MPH! I shadowed it on 3 different occassions to find out this interesting factoid so I could share it with you all! Thank me later!

:snooty: I went back to the Hall of Presidents 3 times in one day to verify something I saw on my first visit of the day: I am positive that President Filmore is thinking of somewhere else he would rather be!

:confused3 Went to the Hess station by Boardwalk and the Krispy Kremes were extremely well picked through. They had less then a dozen left - and they were all losers! Whether there is a correlation between this and the increased Security presence is debatable.

Enjoy and happy vacationing ALL!

:rotfl: that was good!

Now you have me curious about a couple of things. I will be staying at OKW with my kids and mother in March. So what is the Gurgling Suitcase? What is a member trashcan?

Oh and thank you for tracking the speed of the monorail! :teeth:

tara

So what is the Gurgling Suitcase? The Local Watering Hole located at Conch Flats!

What is a member trashcan? The place where you dump your trash bags. They hide it in a closet (which is clearly marked) - regardless - I can never find it.

Oh and thank you for tracking the speed of the monorail! :teeth: I try and post things that are pertinent and useful!

You will love OKW! I have travelled the world 10 times over and it is the one place I would always rather be!

Have fun!

:eek: ...Also lots of Orange County Sheriff's around the grounds ticketing drivers!

They need to do this because....

:goodvibes The Monorail between TTC and Epcot travels exactly at 35 MPH! I shadowed it on 3 different occassions to find out this interesting factoid so I could share it with you all! Thank me later!

Too many doing this :rotfl2:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHhh, So you are the good looking guy who tried to pick up this good looking gal at DTD after she got lost looking for the trash room at SSR. :dance3:
I must really be getting old because I could swear that monorail was going at least 45mph:lmao:
Krispy Kreme and security who would have figured:eek:
I also find the need for those elevator's:laughing:
Virgin discount. DD also figured out it's a scam:rolleyes1
T-Shirts at the GF:mad: :mad: Susan

There is free valet parking for DVC members at AKL. Just used it all last week. Top notch group and great fun.

Yup, we used free valet at AKL too! :thumbsup2

Great report! I will be at OKW soon and i hope that I cvan find the trash room. Thanks also, for clocking the monorail. I will share that info with all my friends!

So what is the Gurgling Suitcase? The Local Watering Hole located at Conch Flats!

What is a member trashcan? The place where you dump your trash bags. They hide it in a closet (which is clearly marked) - regardless - I can never find it.

Oh and thank you for tracking the speed of the monorail! :teeth: I try and post things that are pertinent and useful!

You will love OKW! I have travelled the world 10 times over and it is the one place I would always rather be!

Have fun!

Sorry but the GURGLING SUITCASE is what happens to your luggage if you overstay your check-out time. ( the luggage is put in the pool):rotfl2:

Also the TRASHCAN THING as I've seen it (not done it) is usually just outside your rooms doorway:lmao:
:eek:

Great trippie!

About security...

My DBIL went with us to BWV last April and swore that the boardwalk was crawling with security cameras. He said that there were so many security cameras that it gave him the willies. I reminded DBIL that boardwalk doubles as an entertainment district.

Of course as a good SIL, I had to wonder what he would be up to that would make him always look for security cameras. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I admit that I concentrate on having a good time, and don't think I've ever noticed the security cameras, so can someone tell me: Does the boardwalk have lots and lots of security cameras? :surfweb:

What a fun report! Thanks for sharing with us!

The trash bin is on the first floor to the right as you are leaving the stairs.

yes security has increased, because crime has increased. I think many would seriously be alarmed at what goes on during a typical day at WDW as to crime.

Disney does a very good job of hiding it, which concerns me when it comes to guests and the freedoms they allow their children.

Just suffice it to say, if you would not allow your child that much freedom in a large city, don't allow them that much freedom at Disney. As with much in this world, it is not the Disney World of the past. :sad2:

As to the new smoking policy, it is working pretty well, with most abiding by it. Of course you always have those that think rules do not apply to them. You can ignore them or report them.

That was great! I was :lmao:

I agree with Pooh's Pal, Security was setting up a road block to search for who bought all the Krispy Kremes.

Great report! Now I know why I always think the monorail is a slow boat to China!

Sad to hear they aren't enforcing the No Smoking policy. I suspect reporting it would have netted nothing anyway. It has always gone unpunished in the past, so why would they start now just because they made a "policy" about it???

Trash rooms....I never have any trouble finding them at OKW, but some of the other DVC resorts have been a problem for me!

I enjoyed your report, thanks! Glad you showed up here again!

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter