A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Casey did love it!!! As an only child this was a family vacation with my extended family so she had a week of fun, sun, and sand with her cousins and loved every minute of it.
Looks like she had a fabulous time indeed!

We even sprinkled in a little bit of history at the Wright Brothers Memorial.
Oh cool!

When you get a chance let me know your plans for the 18th. We'll be in MK with Ariella and Caroline and would love to see you!!!
It just so happens I'll be in MK that morning :rolleyes1 Will you be there all day? Would love to meet you all!!!

We were at Nags Head in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Casey did love it!!!
Beach trips are so much fun!
And I can’t remember if I replied to your Satuli and Nomad Lounge report, I tried looking back but I’m too lazy to go back another page. But I seriously can’t believe that someone would think it’s okay to change a diaper in a restaurant? WTH is wrong with people?
And I hope that server isn’t there when you back next month!
M

While we were waiting for the rain to stop we saw a woman change her kids diaper right on the table in the restaurant with no changing pad or anything :scared1: I mean it was bad enough we saw a kid peeing in this park a few days ago, but inside a restaurant this was downright disgusting.

disgusted oh hell no GIF

I am sorry, but this is Disney EVERY bathroom has a changing spot, EVERY SINGLE ONE including the mens, plus baby centers this is not okay, nope nope nope. What is wrong with people, honestly!

He came by and threw some menus down and didn’t say anything. Then when he returned to take our order he literally just said “Decide?” and when we apparently didn’t respond quick enough for him he said “well is someone going to say it.” Disney customer service at its best :earboy2:

Well he just sounds lovely, and please who go there just so there kids can run around, they do realize they are in an amusement park right?

I’m pretty sure there was a duck pate of some sort on the charcuterie plate that we enjoyed. And some ham and salami of some sort? Beyond that I’ve got nothing so we’ll just stick to the menu and say we ate the Chef's selection of Cured and Smoked Meats.

HAHA! last time we were at Tiffins, we got 3 of these 3! for 6 people one of said people being Dillon, she likes her cured meats!

It just so happens I'll be in MK that morning :rolleyes1 Will you be there all day? Would love to meet you all!!!
Awesome!!!! I'll shoot you a message with our plans and my cell!!!! This is gonna be AWESOME!

Yay an update! Actually like 3 for me....Where the heck have I been???
Yes, where have you been? :earboy2:

And I can’t remember if I replied to your Satuli and Nomad Lounge report, I tried looking back but I’m too lazy to go back another page. But I seriously can’t believe that someone would think it’s okay to change a diaper in a restaurant? WTH is wrong with people?
I have absolutely no idea, but they need to stop doing all of these nasty things in front of me!

And I hope that server isn’t there when you back next month!
Is it weird that I hope he is? I want to see if it was a one off night or if he is truly miserable and if its the ladder complain away!

I am sorry, but this is Disney EVERY bathroom has a changing spot, EVERY SINGLE ONE including the mens, plus baby centers this is not okay, nope nope nope. What is wrong with people, honestly!
Heck I would have even been ok with on top of a trashcan, but a table. Beyond disgusting!

Well he just sounds lovely, and please who go there just so there kids can run around, they do realize they are in an amusement park right?
Amusement what? What is this amusement thing you speak of :P

HAHA! last time we were at Tiffins, we got 3 of these 3! for 6 people one of said people being Dillon, she likes her cured meats!
She's a girl after my own cured meat heart!!!

I was a bit disappointed that medium was the lowest temperature they will cook a burger (my mantra is the bloodier the better) but the paddy was juicy and delicious. The blue cheese went great with the onion jam, which added some nice sweetness. It was however missing a little bit of moisture so I ended up adding some ketchup. Blasphemy with blue cheese but it made it perfect.
When you come to Canada, you are not going to want to order burgers as there is a federal law that all ground meat must be cooked to 160 F. No bloody burgers here, only medium well.
I love thee naked in all your gloriousness. I love thee just the right amount of salt. I love thee perfect boardwalk flavor. I love thee amazing dipping choices.
Those look amazzing!!
Overall we were very happy with our meal. D-Luxe has great burgers and fries and is the perfect spot for lunch. And what do you know our entire meal didn’t cost much more than my paltry entrée the night before (still bitter).
Yum! Putting it on my list for December!
We eventually got back to the hotel and in our traditional form Jason napped while I took Casey to the pool. I ended up talking to a couple for a while and it turns out he works for my same Agency just in a different location. It was funny that we knew a lot of the same people, just had never met.
It's a small world! (couldn't resist that one, lol)
First up we did a little shopping at you’ll never guess whose request, but thankfully she was wearing her “gift” of the day that she’d picked out earlier so it was just shopping of the window varietal for us.
She is the shopping queen!
We couldn’t have exited any faster to get away from this dude, but happened upon some rain as soon as we left. So what is one to do when it's raining in Pandora? Hit up Satuli Canteen for some beers and dessert of course.
Yum!
While we were waiting for the rain to stop we saw a woman change her kids diaper right on the table in the restaurant with no changing pad or anything :scared1: I mean it was bad enough we saw a kid peeing in this park a few days ago, but inside a restaurant this was downright disgusting.
What is wrong with some people?????? So, so disgusting!!
We ended up on the best safari we have ever taken. There were animals all over the road in the elephant area so we ended up taking another route through the savanna to try and get around it. Instead we found ourselves right in the middle of the action and I don’t think we’ve ever been this close to the animals before.
Awesome!
He came by and threw some menus down and didn’t say anything. Then when he returned to take our order he literally just said “Decide?” and when we apparently didn’t respond quick enough for him he said “well is someone going to say it.” Disney customer service at its best :earboy2:
Seriously.....so unpleasant!
After D-Luxe burger we weren’t all that hungry and decided to share a few appetizers for dinner. We of course had to get the Gobi Manchurian from Tiffins that is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion.
I almost ordered that cauliflower last week but the chicken skewers were calling my name.
We were at Nags Head in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Casey did love it!!! As an only child this was a family vacation with my extended family so she had a week of fun, sun, and sand with her cousins and loved every minute of it. We even sprinkled in a little bit of history at the Wright Brothers Memorial.
Sounds like a wonderful vacay! Lucky Casey to have two great summer vacations! :)

When you come to Canada, you are not going to want to order burgers as there is a federal law that all ground meat must be cooked to 160 F. No bloody burgers here, only medium well.
Now that is just a travesty. Do they do they same thing with steak or just the ground stuff?

It's a small world! (couldn't resist that one, lol)
:D

I almost ordered that cauliflower last week but the chicken skewers were calling my name.
I've never had the chicken there (I'm allergic to peanuts) but that cauliflower was the best thing we ate all week

Sounds like a wonderful vacay! Lucky Casey to have two great summer vacations! :)
We are all very lucky. In fact we're basically getting three as we are driving to Savannah for a few days after Disney.

Now that is just a travesty. Do they do they same thing with steak or just the ground stuff?
No, just ground meat. We are so accustomed to it we all feel surprised when we're asked how we want our burgers cooked when we're in the States. Steaks can be any way you want.
We are all very lucky. In fact we're basically getting three as we are driving to Savannah for a few days after Disney.
So nice!! I would love to go to Savannah one day!

Commonwealth of Crowds

Greetings from 110 degree Washington, DC! Since I was longing for the amazing February weather we had I figured a new post would be just the cure!

Today was probably one of the worst days of our trip crowd wise. It was a Thursday in Magic Kingdom, but apparently the entire population of Florida had decided to descend upon the park. It was so crowded that we had to wait through one cycle of the tiki room to even get in and the Swiss Family Treehouse had a line!

Casey even contemplated ending it all.

But thankfully we decided the best way to avoid the crowds was lunch.

We’d had a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern and were soon sitting down to get our colonial on. Casey however was disappointed that they did not announce us as they usually do when you are seated so just for Casey…

…Introducing Casey's Family from the Commonwealth of Virginia…

Keeping on brand Jason went with the Sam Adams IPA and I went a bit newer school with a Michelob Ultra.

Casey went with some sort of slushy drink that she was disappointed didn’t come with smoosh berries (aka boba balls).

For our entrees Jason had the Lobster Roll which is Creamy Lobster Salad, Fried Clams, and Lemon-Caper Aïoli.

While I’m sure the New England based crowd would shudder at this, we thought it was delicious. There was a surprising amount of lobster in this (though definitely not the premium parts) and the lemon and capers added great flavor without overshadowing everything else. I hate celery in any kind of seafood or chicken salad and thankfully there was none of that nasty green stuff going on in there. The roll was nicely buttered and while the clams seems an odd addition they did add some nice crunch. I had some serious order envy.

Casey and I shared the Tavern Battered Fish and Chips (so glad they clarified it had been battered in their actual tavern).

It appeared they took a page from Raglan Road as we got just once piece of fish, but it was large and delicious. The chips were decent, though nothing special, so I asked for some malt vinegar to douse them with. Unfortunately I didn’t see that the vinegar didn’t have a cap so I ended up with about a cup of it on my plate.

We also got a very pathetic looking side of broccoli to share so we could get some semblance of something healthy in us.

For $5 this was totally unnecessary.

I was angling for my favorite Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, but I was overruled by the revolutionists angling for a hei hei cone. We always enjoy Liberty Tree as it’s a great laid back place to get out of the heat and away from the crowds and chill for a nice meal. They aren’t lighting the world on fire with their food, but I gather neither was Martha Washington. I have noticed the prices have gone up pretty significantly here over the past few years. Most lunch entrees used to be under $20 and now most everything is above that price point. At least with our tables in wonderland card we saved $13.35.

Sadly while we were eating everyone in the park got in line at Aloha Isle so they drained their sorrows in some Popcorn instead.

From there we visited one of old soul Casey’s favorite attractions…

And then I missed the memo that mine train was now a boat :confused3

But at least was able to get into the mix on Splash.

Speaking of Splash, Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and her family got to MK while we were riding and were able to wave to us while we were on splash.

With crowds so bad we decided to explore Tom Sawyer Island and the girls had a great time together.

We then decided to “brave” the Aloha Isle line – which wasn’t as bad as it looked – so these two could try the Hei Hei cone.

After all Jason had dressed for the occasion.

Ariella introduced us to their hidden officially unofficial dole whip eating spot and we chatted for a while. As far as Hei Hei goes I thought the raspberry flavor was pretty good, but slightly artificial tasting (cause you know its real pineapple in the dole whip). I can’t comment on the eyes or comb cause someone was not sharing.

We eventually said our goodbyes and headed out the park and even got a look Hei Hei’s cousin on the way.

Next up, another round of tipsy adventures

Greetings from real feel 106 degree South Jersey.
Hope you enjoyed your beach vacation. I have finally caught up on laundry from our week at the Jersey shore (there was a washer and dryer but I am on vacation). If we ever go to Nags Head I will know who to ask for recommendations.
Your lunch at Liberty Tree looks good ( other than the broccoli:sad2:). IMO, as a non-New Englander , Jason's lobster roll looks pretty tasty. Except for the fried clams it seems pretty similar to the ones we enjoyed at the old Captain's Grille. I am ok with one piece of fish in my fish n chips as long as it is a good size ( and tastes good). We have never done Liberty Tree but with those options for lunch ,including the Sam Adams :drinking1, I will have to keep it in mind.
But I will be careful when using the malt vinegar.

Today was probably one of the worst days of our trip crowd wise. It was a Thursday in Magic Kingdom, but apparently the entire population of Florida had decided to descend upon the park. It was so crowded that we had to wait through one cycle of the tiki room to even get in and the Swiss Family Treehouse had a line!
What a wait for the Tiki Room :guilty: . Except due to weather conditions I didn't think that happen since the George HW Bush Presidency

We only have a real feel of 103 degrees in the Chicago suburbs. I feel like a slacker. ;)

I was angling for my favorite Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, but I was overruled by the revolutionists angling for a hei hei cone. We always enjoy Liberty Tree as it’s a great laid back place to get out of the heat and away from the crowds and chill for a nice meal.
We used to eat there all the time before they changed the lunch menu. The Ooey Goey Toffee Cake was the best part. :) But I missed the turkey dinner and we stopped going there.
It appeared they took a page from Raglan Road as we got just once piece of fish, but it was large and delicious.
My husband used to order the fish and chips all the time and it always had at least two pieces of fish.
We then decided to “brave” the Aloha Isle line – which wasn’t as bad as it looked – so these two could try the Hei Hei cone.

After all Jason had dressed for the occasion.
I've never heard of the Hei Hei cone but I think the shirt looks good. :)

You all are having a heatwave wow! We have 80 today and very little humidity so it is gorgeous here!

I have noticed portions at Disney are getting smaller and prices are sadly going way up! I almost choked on my drink when I priced the Candlelight Processional dining packages, It was 70.00 a person for Rose and Crown, yikes!

I liked the raspberry part of the Hei Hei cone the most.
Leslie and I had dinner at LTT in May and it was just okay in my opinion.

It was so crowded that we had to wait through one cycle of the tiki room to even get in and the Swiss Family Treehouse had a line!
That's a bit crowded!
I was angling for my favorite Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake
I enjoy LTT for what it is but the rest of the family is always a no - which stinks because I don't feel there are many worthy options in the MK for sit down. We all agree on the Plaza and while the kids haven't been to Skipper's I'm willing to go back; I don't know that I could do LTT without my Ooey Gooey though (as long as it's after 10:30 am ::yes:: )
But at least was able to get into the mix on Splash
Where is your shower cap woman??????

No bloody burgers here, only medium well.
No, just ground meat. We are so accustomed to it we all feel surprised when we're asked how we want our burgers cooked when we're in the States. Steaks can be any way you want.
Same here. No “death by burger” allowed on my tiny green isle :crazy2: :rotfl:

I’m slightly jealous of all your “feels like” temperature ratings. Where I am it’s more of a case of “no rain falling, weird yellow ball in sky- right get the washing out on the line, get the legs out in shorts, run like a bat outta hell to the butchers before all the burgers ( soon to be incinerated on bbq) are gone!!!
We don’t have burger police so you can cook them how you like them at home:thumbsup2:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Love the photos and the dole whip looks great but wow can’t believe there was a queue for Swiss family treehouse! Busy day indeed!

Greetings from real feel 106 degree South Jersey.
I'm sure the 4 degree difference is making all the difference in the world :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Hope you enjoyed your beach vacation. I have finally caught up on laundry from our week at the Jersey shore (there was a washer and dryer but I am on vacation).
Hope you all had a great vacay too. Yep no laundry for me either till we got home. Though I think I'm going to have to break the rule on our next Disney trip because we are going to be gone so long. I'll at least have to take some beer with me while I do it.

We have never done Liberty Tree but with those options for lunch ,including the Sam Adams :drinking1, I will have to keep it in mind.
We always enjoy it. We aren't big quick service fans so liberty tree is a good place to grab a drink and have some decent food.

What a wait for the Tiki Room :guilty: . Except due to weather conditions I didn't think that happen since the George HW Bush Presidency
Yep! They were just starting to let people in when we walked up, but by a few people in front of us they said filled so we just chilled and waited for the next one knowing it would be worse elsewhere.

We only have a real feel of 103 degrees in the Chicago suburbs. I feel like a slacker. ;)
Definite slacker. Need me to send a winter jacket your way :P

We used to eat there all the time before they changed the lunch menu. The Ooey Goey Toffee Cake was the best part. :) But I missed the turkey dinner and we stopped going there.
Yeah we stopped for a while too when they significantly curtailed the menu, but its back to a full lunch menu again. Complete with turkey dinner just for you 🦃

I've never heard of the Hei Hei cone but I think the shirt looks good. :)
It came out a day or two before we got it and the instgrammers were going wild hence the lines. I'm pretty sure it was a limited time thing and no longer available though.

You all are having a heatwave wow! We have 80 today and very little humidity so it is gorgeous here!
Tell Andi to make room. We're moving in!!!

I have noticed portions at Disney are getting smaller and prices are sadly going way up! I almost choked on my drink when I priced the Candlelight Processional dining packages, It was 70.00 a person for Rose and Crown, yikes!
$70 fo Rose and Crown!!! That is insane. I think you could order the most expensive things on the menu and still probably not even spend $50.

SO that means she only gets 1 sip of each of your drinks.
Don't I wish. This kid is such a rule follower my guess is she won't let alcohol touch her lips until she is 21 to the day.

I enjoy LTT for what it is but the rest of the family is always a no - which stinks because I don't feel there are many worthy options in the MK for sit down. We all agree on the Plaza and while the kids haven't been to Skipper's I'm willing to go back; I don't know that I could do LTT without my Ooey Gooey though (as long as it's after 10:30 am ::yes:: )
I used to think MK options were decent, but now its down there with MGM these days and may even be below it in the table service department. We like Skippers too but generally order the same things (we just split apps) so it gets a bit boring. With it being so hot this summer think we may leave the park and try The Wave this time around.

Where is your shower cap woman??????
Only for your woman, only for you :P

I’m slightly jealous of all your “feels like” temperature ratings. Where I am it’s more of a case of “no rain falling, weird yellow ball in sky- right get the washing out on the line, get the legs out in shorts, run like a bat outta hell to the butchers before all the burgers ( soon to be incinerated on bbq) are gone!!!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm not even sure you would appreciate this. Said big yellow ball is fierce today too but thankfully it should start to break tomorrow.

Love the photos and the dole whip looks great but wow can’t believe there was a queue for Swiss family treehouse! Busy day indeed!
It was crazy! Crowds look much better for our trip next month thankfully

Awesome!!!! I'll shoot you a message with our plans and my cell!!!! This is gonna be AWESOME!
AWESOME indeed! I'm so excited!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Keeping on brand Jason went with the Sam Adams IPA
:rotfl:

They aren’t lighting the world on fire with their food, but I gather neither was Martha Washington.
Keeping on brand here too I see? :laughing:

The girls all seem to hit it off so well! How fun that you'll all be meeting up again in just a few short weeks!

Yeah we stopped for a while too when they significantly curtailed the menu, but its back to a full lunch menu again. Complete with turkey dinner just for you 🦃
Thanks for the heads up about LTT. Now I need to make a reservation for our upcoming trip. :)

Update: It was really easy to get an ADR for lunch in August. LTT used to be a very difficult ADR to get. They must have lost a lot of customers when they changed their menu.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter