A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Casey's snack modelling in this update is very impressive! She could make a career out of this.

For reasons I do not know she’d insisted on wearing her hair in pig tails today so she’d look like a “sassy youtuber. “ If I don’t even understand millennial’s no chance with me and the youtube generation I’m supposedly “raising.”

:laughing: What a kid! But the pigtails look cute, and very functional, so I say she had the right idea.

Unthankfully for the people in the boat with us they had to hear Casey and I sing pretty good show us your bone (which we insist are the lyrics) for most of the voyage!

:rotfl:

Look at that model smize. Tyra would be proud :D
W

:laughing: Perfect smize!

377621251.jpeg

This is wonderful. I think Jason is my favourite in this one.

Omg! :rotfl2:Glad to see I have company!
Who knew there were two babybel lovin people in WDW :confused3

If they ever get rid of that, my Nicholas would revolt. That’s been one of his favorite places since his first trip!
This was our first time in there. The parks were so crowded this day we figured it was a good way to kill some time. No pun intended of course :earboy2:

I am seriously having FOMO of all things cauliflower :sad1:
Just wait, we have more coming up in a few days. Its a redo but still just as good.

That’s sad, it looks so yummy. How the heck can they mess up M&M’s?!
I can't describe them well, but they just tasted like fake chocolate. Like the cheap no name brand stuff they sell around Easter. No bueno!

Umm, this is ALMOST better than the SM pic!!!
Almost. If only we had some shower caps we would have been set.

DUH! Why is there such a need to be politically correct for some things and a hypocrite for others???? Disney has some decision making to do in my opinion...
Or stop making decisions and actually think about what you are doing!!!! They are clearly acting hastily in the vein of political correctness.

Umm, it doesn't. If it's fried it's fried, and if it's a potato, it's a potato. YUM!
You said it sister wife!

Oh these girls and the youtubers.....
I just do not get it. But she probably wouldn't get Brady Bunch reruns either.

I wouldn't say this is the best cinnamon roll. We never had the one that was at Main Street Bakery. Was it the same, basically?
I don't think we ever had the main street one. You're right it certainly isnt the best one in the world, but it does hit the cinammony and yeasty spot.

Casey seems happy with it. I wish they had some flavored ones like Disneyland.
Me too! How can Disneyland have 512 flavors and we get 1

We should have done that, on that busy day! Good thinking.
It was crazy this day!!!! Hopefully August treats us much better crowd wise. Figure its the least they can do if they are gonna lay that heat down upon us.

Oh it matters!!!! But I wouldn't argue with the cashier about it! Actually, we got Chik-Fil-a after the swim meet today, and were literally talking about how waffle fries are way better than regular fries!
Oh I'm not sayin some aren't better than others (I'm a steak fry fan myself) but to not eat a waffle shaped fry. Blasphemy!!!

Oh dear God how I love me some Kastoney family photos on a Sunday morning! :rotfl: Eijits the lotta ya but absolutely priceless pics!:rotfl2::rotfl:
I don’t care how tall she is , Casey definitely has a career in modelling. Brilliant food gifs with your own wee supermodel!::yes::
Glad we could brighten your Sunday up! I'll be sure to tell Casey someone in Ireland is ready to book her modeling skills. She'll be ready on a moments notice.

Casey's snack modelling in this update is very impressive! She could make a career out of this.
She's available for rent if you'd like. We can just leave her waiting for you in WDW when our ships pass in the night and you can drop her off on your way back home.

:laughing: What a kid! But the pigtails look cute, and very functional, so I say she had the right idea.
At least it is something I can do. I have zero hair skills so pony tail, pig tails, and a bun is the extend of what Casey can get.

This is wonderful. I think Jason is my favourite in this one.
He's always my favourite too :earboy2:

Love a good round of tipsy notes!! Jiko is absolutely one of my favorites - such a great experience every time. I'm signed up to do the wine tasting in October followed by dinner later in the evening and I can't wait! Kudos to your well-mannered mini gourmet/sassy you-tuber. Perhaps she'll have her own channel and do food reviews when she gets older? :D Fun day in MK. I had no idea the shooting gallery was still there - tells you how much time I spend in Frontierland.

Thanks to everyone for indulging my tipsy game and sticking through what I think is the real translation. And major props to Susan aka @suse66 for being able to discern just as much from my tipsy notes as me!
Thanks Kari! Discerning meaning from tipsy notes is the best game ever!
:worship: to @suse66
Thanks Tracy!
We were off for another day in Magic Kingdom and stopped on the way in for Casey to grab a picture with the inspiration for her outfit.
Perfect! Stitch was also Stuart's favourite at that age!
In case you can’t tell from our clothes it was a little chilly this day, so clearly the perfect time to get our Splash Mountain on.
All I want to know is where is your shower cap?????
While I recognize fried cauliflower is pretty hard to mess up, these were one of the best savory snacks we’ve had in the Kingdom. They were fresh out of the fryer and were crispy and piping hot. Thankfully someone actually meant spicy this time around and they had a great buffalo flavor to them that was cooled off by the ranch. Sadly it appears this is now off the menu. RIP Cauliflower.
No!! I had great hopes of trying that this trip. :(
Casey and Jason decided to “share” the Adventure is Out There Cone, which of course translates to Casey ate 95% of this. It had mango ice cream which we liked, but the “balloons” which I think were made up of generic m and m’s and white chocolate was horrible. Pretty, but horrible.
Definitely an Instagram cone....

For reasons I do not know she’d insisted on wearing her hair in pig tails today so she’d look like a “sassy youtuber. “ If I don’t even understand millennial’s no chance with me and the youtube generation I’m supposedly “raising.

We had a really fun meet with Stitch last visit! Hope you and your Sassy Youtuber did as well... i mean whatever that is... Dillon would 100% say the same thing!

After about 20 minutes I finally ordered. As I was leaving the check-out area I heard the lady behind me, who had also waited 20 minutes, order apples and a babybel cheese. I first had to make sure it wasn’t @buzzrelly but then wondered who in the heck waits 20 minutes for apples and cheese!!! Now a gargantuan cinnamon roll, yes! But cheese and apples that could be procured elsewhere in the park, um no!

HAHA! Amazing.... poor lady wasted all that time for an apple, which if i was guessing was half spoiled...

Yes in the politically correct world that has Disney removing the gun scene from Haunted Mansion and no longer auctioning off a very lovely red head, there is a shooting gallery. Makes perfect sense :confused3

Was thinking the same thing!

We started with the Churro, which sadly at noon had already been sitting a bit too long, but at least we had fancy gifs to keep us entertained.

Well this is depressing... can you ever just get a good timed Churro? I am going with no!

We got both a cheeseburger one, as well as a special buffalo chicken one they had. Both of these were crispy, but beyond that they were nothing special. The cheeseburger one had some pickles in it which was different, but otherwise just tasted like rolled up fried ground beef. The buffalo one was the better of the two, but was nowhere close to “buffalo” flavor. At $7.50 for the two of them this was a one and done.

Again disappointing... these sound very good in theory, but i love these Rib eggrolls that i get in Deerfield beach they are amazing! So maybe i would be disapointed no matter what i was served.

Look at that model smize. Tyra would be proud :D
While I recognize fried cauliflower is pretty hard to mess up, these were one of the best savory snacks we’ve had in the Kingdom. They were fresh out of the fryer and were crispy and piping hot. Thankfully someone actually meant spicy this time around and they had a great buffalo flavor to them that was cooled off by the ranch. Sadly it appears this is now off the menu. RIP Cauliflower.

Again with selling me on a food i CAN NOT HAVE! thank you very much!

Ordering side note #2 the lady in front of me got into an argument with the cashier because she wanted fries, but not the waffle kind as her kids will not eat those, and she has upset they didn’t have "regular" fries. I mean really? In what world does the shape of a fry matter? Ok, back to my awesome kid.

I mean this is toddler life! However I would assume she knows this and read the menu... so just go elsewhere lady!

Casey and Jason decided to “share” the Adventure is Out There Cone, which of course translates to Casey ate 95% of this. It had mango ice cream which we liked, but the “balloons” which I think were made up of generic m and m’s and white chocolate was horrible. Pretty, but horrible.
Disappointing...

So result of this post mostly disappointing in the food department, i either cant get it or it wont be good!

She's available for rent if you'd like. We can just leave her waiting for you in WDW when our ships pass in the night and you can drop her off on your way back home.

Not sure how Nathan will feel about picking up an extra child for a couple weeks, but she's pretty awesome, so that works for me! 😊

It was crazy this day!!!! Hopefully August treats us much better crowd wise. Figure its the least they can do if they are gonna lay that heat down upon us.
RIGHT!?!? Touring Plan has mostly 3 - 5 for crowds... I hope they are right!!!!

Oh I'm not sayin some aren't better than others (I'm a steak fry fan myself) but to not eat a waffle shaped fry. Blasphemy!!!
True! No french fry should go to waste!

Glad we could brighten your Sunday up! I'll be sure to tell Casey someone in Ireland is ready to book her modeling skills. She'll be ready on a moments notice.
Absolutely! Send her over anytime and she can try her hand at showing the world ( or at least Raglan Road) what an adult fish supper looks like :rotfl2:
I have zero hair skills so pony tail, pig tails, and a bun is the extend of what Casey can get.
You’re still more skilled than me. My poor daughter could only have pigtails or ponytails. No way could I do a bun!:laughing:

Love a good round of tipsy notes!! Jiko is absolutely one of my favorites - such a great experience every time. I'm signed up to do the wine tasting in October followed by dinner later in the evening
Oh I so want to do the wine tasting, but alas no place to put the kiddo. Hope you have an awesome time in October. I can't wait to hear about it ALL!!!

Kudos to your well-mannered mini gourmet/sassy you-tuber. Perhaps she'll have her own channel and do food reviews when she gets older? :D
She would love that. Occasionally she makes videos now, but to say she needs to work on her content is a bit of an understatement :earboy2:

Fun day in MK. I had no idea the shooting gallery was still there - tells you how much time I spend in Frontierland.
Me either. We completely just happened upon it. Who knew it had always been there :confused3

Thanks Kari! Discerning meaning from tipsy notes is the best game ever!
And you are a pro in it. Maybe I'll start contracting out reading my notes to you. I think you are better than me :love:

Perfect! Stitch was also Stuart's favourite at that age!
I mean who doesn't love Stich? He's naughty but sweet, kinda like us all :stitch2:

All I want to know is where is your shower cap?????
Alas, no shower caps at ye ole Shades o Green. Military cut backs and all :earboy2:

That sounded like an official statement from the White House. Hee! Hee!
Shhhh, you'll blow my cover :P

We had a really fun meet with Stitch last visit! Hope you and your Sassy Youtuber did as well... i mean whatever that is... Dillon would 100% say the same thing!
Two peas in a pod!

HAHA! Amazing.... poor lady wasted all that time for an apple, which if i was guessing was half spoiled...
And I'm guessing was just cut up and in a bag. Sucker!

Well this is depressing... can you ever just get a good timed Churro? I am going with no!
Yes you can and we'll have them coming up. Two words. Nomads. Lounge.

Again disappointing... these sound very good in theory, but i love these Rib eggrolls that i get in Deerfield beach they are amazing! So maybe i would be disapointed no matter what i was served.
I'm gonna go with no chance you would like these. Stick to what you can get at home. I'm sure its infinitely better.

So result of this post mostly disappointing in the food department, i either cant get it or it wont be good!
Yup! You're welcome :P

Not sure how Nathan will feel about picking up an extra child for a couple weeks, but she's pretty awesome, so that works for me! 😊
An extra child? Does that imply you'll have one along already :earboy2:

RIGHT!?!? Touring Plan has mostly 3 - 5 for crowds... I hope they are right!!!!
Me too! Its a little more crowded the week we are there, but fingers crossed.

Absolutely! Send her over anytime and she can try her hand at showing the world ( or at least Raglan Road) what an adult fish supper looks like
She would love that. She was asking to go to London today (she wants to go to Harrods) so you'd just be a hop, skip and jump from there

You’re still more skilled than me. My poor daughter could only have pigtails or ponytails. No way could I do a bun!:laughing:
Oh me either. They totally have a device you can use that I do her buns with. Only thing that saves me, otherwise we'd just have tails for days.

20 minutes for an apple? Crazy!

Yummy snacks at MK. Waffle fries are the best as they have the best crispy to soft ratio.

The cauliflower seems so unique - shame they got rid of that!

If I don’t even understand millennial’s no chance with me and the youtube generation I’m supposedly “raising.”
:rotfl: Meanwhile, Casey's modeling pictures are on point. Oh, wait. Kids these days probably no longer say that, do they? And just as I caught on... :rolleyes2 :laughing:

but then wondered who in the heck waits 20 minutes for apples and cheese!!! Now a gargantuan cinnamon roll, yes! But cheese and apples that could be procured elsewhere in the park, um no!
A gargantua cinnamon roll? YES! As for the cheese and apples... thank you but I'll save room in my stomach for proper Disney food, like things covered in icing and/or fried ::yes:: :laughing:

Up next we have our model showing us the often discussed, but new to us, egg rolls from none other than the Egg Roll Cart in Adventure land.
Uhhh... there's an egg roll cart in Adventureland? I swear I can be downright oblivious sometimes... :sad2: At least from this review, I won't be running around looking for it!

One of these days I’m going to have to give eating cauliflower another go! It was one of those foods growing up that I hated ( mind you it was simply boiled and put on my plate ). My dad spent many many dinnertimes trying to persuade my to eat it, as he grew them in our garden “especially “ for me, but he had no luck! I haven’t been persuaded to try it but that fried buffalo cauliflower looks so good it makes me think I should go get some now. :)

20 minutes for an apple? Crazy!
And don't forget the cheese too :P

Yummy snacks at MK. Waffle fries are the best as they have the best crispy to soft ratio.

The cauliflower seems so unique - shame they got rid of that!
The cauliflower was definitely different and so good. But guessing from the they won't even eat waffle fries masses down there I'm guessing they aren't selling very well.

I guess I am an eggroll purist because it just doesn't seem right to fill them with cheeseburgers and pickles or with buffalo chicken.
I think you may be onto something with the whole purity thing. They should stick to Yak N Yeti's version and call it a day.

:rotfl: Meanwhile, Casey's modeling pictures are on point. Oh, wait. Kids these days probably no longer say that, do they? And just as I caught on... :rolleyes2 :laughing:
Casey's not too down with the cool lingo yet so I have no idea what the kids are really saying. But I did teach her 80's speak over the weekend and grody and gag me with a spoon are her new favorites, so there is that.

A gargantua cinnamon roll? YES! As for the cheese and apples... thank you but I'll save room in my stomach for proper Disney food, like things covered in icing and/or fried ::yes:: :laughing:
Like icing covered apples. Or fried cheese. Or even fried apples and cheese with icing. Anything would have been better than what that lady ordered.

Uhhh... there's an egg roll cart in Adventureland? I swear I can be downright oblivious sometimes... :sad2: At least from this review, I won't be running around looking for it!
Yup! I've heard about it for years but its not always open and you have to know to look for it. Its just to the right of the stairs that lead you to Jungle Cruise next to a popcorn park. So no running, but you can at least casually walk by it and throw it a quick hello.

One of these days I’m going to have to give eating cauliflower another go! It was one of those foods growing up that I hated ( mind you it was simply boiled and put on my plate ). My dad spent many many dinnertimes trying to persuade my to eat it, as he grew them in our garden “especially “ for me, but he had no luck! I haven’t been persuaded to try it but that fried buffalo cauliflower looks so good it makes me think I should go get some now. :)
I think we all have that vegetable story as a kid. Our parents cooked the heck out of something and then forced us to eat them. It was cabbage for me. Thankfully we roast most of our veggies at home (we love them burnt and crispy) so Casey has come to love them.

All of that to say you should give poor cauli another try. I love it mashed like potatoes and of course fried. It's also easy just to bread and roast. So good!

Umm, I LOVE your new avatar!!!!!! HAHAHA!
Hey Jenny! It's your friend Terry. Can I have a bite of your dinner? :earboy2:

I was wondering how long till it got noticed. But I should have known you'd have the Terry spotting power.

I'm so unobservant sometimes I had to go back and check it out!
Weirdo, food-finishing, party-crashing , photobombing guy :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I've been reading along on your trip report too Jenny and loving it but haven't commented but I guess I just outed myself so hi

:wave2:
Weirdo, food-finishing, party-crashing , photobombing guy = Terry. He has a name. We should all embrace it and use it as much as possible.

It was cabbage for me
Who doesn’t love the smell of cabbage drifting through the house as it boils, for hours...,,and hours:sick::rotfl:( oh yes we got that’s pleasure too. Aren’t we lucky to have these childhood memories to hang on to:laughing::thumbsup2).
Thankfully we roast most of our veggies at home (we love them burnt and crispy) so Casey has come to love them.
I roast most things too ( sometimes unintentionally- like toast :lmao:)
Definitely the best way to cook veg though :)

All of that to say you should give poor cauli another try. I love it mashed like potatoes and of course fried. It's also easy just to bread and roast. So good!
Ok you’ve convinced me! My father would be proud of you!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!