A Ticket Dilema

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
Hello all~ :wave:

Well, as some of you know, I'm planning for our first ever Disney trip in March for DD's bday. We get our tax refund check next week and we were going to get our park tickets. Here's where the dilema comes into play......We're DC members but the discounts that they have out right now end in Dec of 2001. Do I wait until Jan to see what types of discounts they have for 2002 or should I get something like the Passport Plus Pass for a few more $$ and get the 5 day hopper like we wanted? I'm so confused about this ticket thing. There will be 4 adults and our 2 year old (who is turning 3 on this trip). Is it worth the extra $$$ for the passports just for the early entry? We would be able to access 4 days of EE. Also it says that these tickets need to be purchased via a travel agent. I've never used a travel agent before. Do they charge a seperate fee as well? Sorry for all the questions. I look forward to reading your answers. Thanks guys!!!! :wave:

There is what happened to us in July - We booked through a travel agent - one of the very best and she found a great deal for us. We purchased 4 day hoppers and when we got our package they had up graded them to 5 day hoppers. Because the package was purchased through WDWTravel the tickets had unlimited EE (if avaiable). The other thing that happened is Disney started the kids go free deal and we were refunded the price of the kids hoppers in Disney Dollars -- Got some cool sovignours. If you would like to contact my travel person - just e-mail me and I will give you her website and e-mail.

I am unsure if Disney will still be doing this kind of thing in March or not. I am too a member of DC.

I think it's hard to predict what kind of deals they'll be having past December. Historically, ticket prices don't go down, and DC discounts don't go up, though they do have promos, like the one Betsy Ann mentioned about adding a day free, kids go free, etc.

Maybe you could check with Disney Store or Disney.com and ask what would happen if you purchase your tickets now, but a promo comes up (i.e. credit your ticket towards promo, reimbursement, etc.)?

I'm going through DU for my DL vacation and they've been great as well. They were able to upgrade my ticket with the free day even though I booked before the promo started, and I was able to change my package to a fall getaway (buy 3 nights, 1 night free) from resort magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter