A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

Day 1: Disney Springs!

After checking in, it was time for me to make my way to Disney Springs. I was planning on activating my Annual Pass, as well as, eating lunch at one of my favorite food locations on Disney property.

So, I would make my way over to the boat to Disney Springs. This would actually be my first time taking a boat to Disney Springs so I was excited!

I arrived at the boat about 5 minutes before they opened for the day. So, I decided to wait. I could have walked over there much faster, but I wanted to experience this boat ride for the first time.

I finally made it on the boat!

It was a very smooth ride over to Disney Springs.

The boat would drop-off at the Landing which is close to the Boat House and Paddlefish.

It was about 10:15 a.m. at this point, so I would enjoy a very quiet Disney Springs.

I would make my way into Guest Services at Disney Springs to activate my Annual Pass. I had some issues getting it activated. I was told I needed a certain document, but I was told when I bought the Annual Pass that I would be ok if I had “proof" of the document. Everything would get resolved eventually. However, being on 4 hours of sleep, I did get a little cranky with the Cast Member’s, but I quickly apologized to them. So, I was happy to have my Annual Pass! :)

An empty Disney Springs…

Half of the new World of Disney store would open up this morning so I would make my way there to check it out.

My first thoughts on the store was that it was very open and didn’t have very many “Disney” touches. So, I don’t think I like the new look of the store that much. I’m going to wait to see what the store is like when it is fully completed though.

I would then make my way to the other side of Disney Springs to check out some of my favorite stores. Disney Springs was still fairly empty. I was mostly trying to kill some time before my lunch location opened at 11 a.m.

It would finally be time to eat some lunch! I was starving since I had been up for quite a while. So, my lunch location for the day was D-Luxe Burger!

I would order my food and make my way to sit down. I had a private dining room for a while. Normally I like to sit outside at this location, but I wanted to take advantage of the air conditioning.

I would order the Barbecue Burger, a regular fries, andchipotle mayo sauce. This was absolutely delicious, and I get this as my meal almost every time I come here.

While I was eating, I would get a text saying that my room was now ready at Saratoga Springs! So, after a nice lunch, I would make my way to my room since it was a short walk from Disney Springs.

I would make it to the bridge that separates Saratoga Springs and Disney Springs.

I would make it to my room, and I would find out that I was in the building closest the the Disney Springs bridge. So, I guess I would be spending a lot of time at Disney Springs on this trip. :)

Stay tuned for more updates from Day 1 of my solo Walt Disney World adventure!

Am I the only one that thinks this walk is one of the longest walks ever? Disney’s Magical Express is at the very end, and I am just to excited to get there at this point. It just feels like it takes forever.
No you are definitely not alone. The walk (especially from the Southwest gates) is the longest on planet earth. But hey it's a good warm up for all the walking you get to do at the parks.

I could have walked over there much faster, but I wanted to experience this boat ride for the first time.
I love this boat ride! I took the boat from POR to DS and it was so relaxing and calm. It's such a neat way to get from place to place.

Joining in! I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna do a solo trip before my DVC points that are in holding expire. Your trip reports give me the confidence to want to give it a try!

Joining in! I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna do a solo trip before my DVC points that are in holding expire. Your trip reports give me the confidence to want to give it a try!
I can also say-solo trips are the best! You have so much freedom to do what you want and can actually accomplish a lot more than what you'd be stuck doing with someone else! And no one really cares or looks down on you at Disney for being a solo adult!

No you are definitely not alone. The walk (especially from the Southwest gates) is the longest on planet earth. But hey it's a good warm up for all the walking you get to do at the parks.

I love this boat ride! I took the boat from POR to DS and it was so relaxing and calm. It's such a neat way to get from place to place.

- I always enjoy the first ride of the trip from the Southwest Gates though. :D I think every terminal has to take the tram though.

- I wish i was staying at a resort where I could have enjoyed the boat ride for a little longer. It was definitely convenient, and I will definitely take this boat ride again if I have the chance.

Thank you for joining in! I will be honest when saying solo trips are definitely an "acquired taste." Some people really enjoy them. Some people do not. I am someone that does for the reason Lesley said. You can do what you want and when you want! :) Glad I am able to help with future trip planning. :)

- I wish i was staying at a resort where I could have enjoyed the boat ride for a little longer. It was definitely convenient, and I will definitely take this boat ride again if I have the chance.
Next trip you should head up to POFQ for some beignets! It's such a lovely, relaxing boat ride up the "river"! And you get to see the treehouses at SSR, which is also fun!

Day 1: All Four Theme Parks In One Day - Part 1!

After getting things settled in my room at Saratoga Springs, it was time to head to my first theme park of the day!

I would check the My Disney Experience App for when a bus would arrive at my part of the resort. I noticed a bus was a couple minutes away so I made my way down to the bus stop. Throughout the trip, I found the bus times to be very reliable from the app.

I have a tradition of going to Disney’s Animal Kingdom as my first park on any Walt Disney World vacation. Disney’s Animal Kingdom is my favorite of the 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World.

It is the 20th Anniversary year of Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

I finally had a view of the Tree of Life!!! There is so much detail in this tree that makes it my favorite of the 4 Walt Disney World landmarks.

I would make my way into Dinoland U.S.A. to use my first fastpass of the day.

They had Donald’s Dino-Bash going on, but I would not experience of this celebration on this trip.

My first attraction of the day would be Dinosaur! I did have a fastpass for this attraction.

My next fastpass of the day would be for Expedition Everest.

Expedition Everest hadn’t opened until bout 11 a.m. that day so the line for fastpass was all the way by the bridge separating Expedition Everest and Finding Nemo the Musical.

I guess I took a tour with the Himalayan Escapes Company!

After a great ride on Expedition Everest, I would make my way on the backside of the park where I would get a nice view of the Tree of Life.

I would stop and get a couple cups of water from a stand. I only asked for one cup of water, and cast members normally give you the small cups of water. However, this specific Cast Member decided to give me 2 cups of water with the larger size. That was a very interesting magical moment that I received.

My 3rd fastpass of the day would be for my favorite theme park show on Walt Disney World property. That is Festival of the Lion King!

After a great show, it was time for me to leave Disney’s Animal Kingdom and head to my next theme park of the day. I was on a very tight schedule and I had successfully completed everything so far.

I would take a bus to the Yacht Club where I would walk to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT!

I really enjoy this walk whenever I do it. The Boardwalk area is a very nice area.

After a 5 minute walk, I was at the entrance of EPCOT.

I found the "golf ball!!!”

I would make my way into the American Adventure to experience my first performances of the trip by the Voices of Liberty! The Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing to see or do at Walt Disney World, and I have been able to get to know many of them over the years.

After a few performances, it was time to leave EPCOT and make my way to the monorail station.

I wouldn’t have that long of a wait for the monorail before it arrived.

Hopefully the construction around the Magic Kingdom will finish soon. It looks like it is coming along nicely though.

When I got to the Ticket and Transportation Center, I would decide to walk to the Polynesian instead of take the Resort Monorail.

It really isn’t that far of a walk. It is also a nice resort to walk through.

When I got to the lobby, I had to take a picture of the tiki statue. :D

It was time for dinner, and I would make my way to one of my favorite quick service locations on property. That place is Capt. Cooks!

When I got a place outside to eat, I noticed that I would not be eating alone. It was really great to hear all of the stories that this tiki was willing to tell me while I ate a nice dinner. :D

I would order the chicken teriyaki sandwich with chips. This is usually what I get when I eat here. I really enjoy this sandwich a lot, and the chips are always very good.

After eating dinner, it was time to make my way to the Magic Kingdom. So, I made my way to the monorail station.

More in my next post!

Day 1: All Four Theme Parks In One Day - Part 2!

After a long day so far, I have finally arrived at the Magic Kingdom!

My first stop in the Magic Kingdom would be the Main Street Train Station so that I could take the train to Frontierland.

When I was young, I was a train kid. So, I always try to ride the Walt Disney World Railroad as many times as I can for that reason.

My 4th fastpass of the day would be for Big Thunder Railroad which is my favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom!

The fastpass line was VERY long.

I would then go experience Mickey’s Philharmagic. As a music person, this is one of my favorite things to see in the Magic Kingdom.

It was then time for my 10 minutes of rest on the PeopleMover!

I would walk by Cinderella’s Castle on my way to my next fastpass. I was getting a little worried because the Hub was already getting packed for that evenings performance of Happily Ever After.

My 5th fastpass of the day would be for the Jungle Cruise!

It was then time to find a spot for Happily Ever After, and I would barely find a spot in the Hub. I would have a great view of Main Street and Cinderella Castle. :)

The parks really take on “new life” at night. I almost prefer walking around Disney Theme Parks at night than during the day.

My first nighttime show of the trip, Happily Ever After, would finally begin!

I was a little disappointed in this showing. That is mostly because I noticed that disney has definitely changed the fireworks in this show. There are some parts where they replaced bigger fireworks with smaller fireworks. So, my opinion of Happily Ever After was really “up in the air” at this point. I had plans to see it at least one more time on this trip so I was hoping seeing it again might give me a better opinion of what I thought of the changes.

After the show, I would make my way to the bypass and out of the Magic Kingdom. That is because I had one more park to make it to and not a lot of time to make it there!

Stay tuned for more updates from Day 1 of my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

When I got to the Ticket and Transportation Center, I would decide to walk to the Polynesian instead of take the Resort Monorail.
Okay I'm loving this idea of getting transport to resorts then walking/monorailing to the parks. What a cool way to see some of the resorts!

I would order the chicken teriyaki sandwich with chips
Are those Maui Onion chips??

Day 1: All Four Theme Parks In One Day - My First Trip To Toy Story Land!!!

I would leave the Magic Kingdom and make my way towards the bus stop. To my luck, the bus to my final theme park of the day was there, and I was able to get on it. I was off to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!!!

I would arrive at Hollywood Studios in plenty of time before the park closed.

My first stop was to go get some of the limited edition Toy Story Land merchandise that I was really wanting. I was really happy that I was able to get all of the merchandise that I was hoping to get.

I would then make my way toward Toy Story Land. What was interesting was Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular was getting close to finishing so the entire area on the way to Toy Story Land felt like it was haunted with all of the smoke. It was definitely a neat experience. I wouldn’t get to see any of the fireworks from Toy Story Land though since the show ended by the time I got in there. I assume it would be a cool spot to see the bigger fireworks during the show.

It was then time for the moment I had been waiting for several years to experience. I would finally arrive in Toy Story Land!!! I had to mark this occasion by getting a picture with the sign.

My first impressions of the land is that I loved it. I know I was getting to see it at night first. I usually prefer to see new lands during the day before I see it at night, but I absolutely loved this land as I walked in. I am also a huge Toy Story fan.

I found the decorations to be unique. I really enjoyed seeing a life-size Pixar ball.

I would make my way over to Aliens Swirling Saucers, but I would not ride the attraction. I was mostly on a hunt to take pictures of as many decorations as I possibly could. I really enjoyed seeing this huge Buzz Lightyear with his ship on top of the attraction queue.

A very unique way to make a restroom sign.

It was close to park closing at this point, and I would make my way to get in line for Slinky Dog Dash.

I really enjoyed these green army men statues spread out around the land.

I remember I would play with these toys as a kid. So, I felt like I was reliving my childhood all over again!

It was then time to get in line for Slinky Dog Dash. The posted wait time was 145 minutes with the park closing in 5 minutes. Lets see how accurate that was.

I would then get to enjoy many of the details in the Slinky Dog Dash queue.

Here is a piece of the rollercoaster track that you can find in the queue.

The line was moving rather quickly, but I still didn’t know how much longer I had to go since this was my first time in the queue.

In one of the main areas, they have a wall that shows how to build the Slinky Dog Coaster. This was really fun to look at.

Life-size glue…I really wish I could stick myself to this land and stay there all night.

More pictures of the queue:

They have videos showing as you get closer to the actual ride. One thing that everyone should realize…At least one person in your party will be placed with a stranger if you are an odd number group. For example…A party of 3 would be placed with a party of 1 or another party of 3 or 5. This video describes that, and I would have an issue with this later on in the trip.

I finally made it to the ride!!!

One of my favorite games for a personal reason. I was happy to see it in the final stages of the queue.

It was finally time to ride Slinky Dog Dash! With the posted wait time of 145 minutes with 5 minutes until park closing, I only waited 20 minutes. I was very surprised since this land had only been open for 3 days.

The ending scene of Slinky Dog Dash is the best thing ever!!! Seeing Wheezy sing You’ve Got A Friend In Me is awesome!!!

Slinky Dog Dash is a great family coaster! My personal opinion is that I like this more than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I find it to be a better rollercoaster. Theming might beat out Slinky Dog Dash, but Slinky Dog Dash is a better ride in my opinion. The ride is great for kids that are scared of fast rollercoasters. I will say that this goes a lot faster than it looks. In knowing that Slinky Dog Dash is intended to be a family rollercoaster, it is very well done for its purpose.

Slinky Dog Dash was so much fun at night! I couldn’t wait to ride it during the day.

Since the park was closed, I would make my way out of Toy Story Land. I would take in my final look at some of the details as I made my way out though.

I would be back at Toy Story Land a lot sooner than I would think. When is that? Stay tuned to find out.

After experiencing Toy Story Land for about an hour, I really grew to like the land a lot. I really enjoyed the christmas lights that lit up the pathways at night. Seeing Slinky Dog race along the track throughout the land was really cool. Slinky Dog Dash was a great ride. I wasn’t able to get on Alien Swirling Saucers, but with watching it, I was excited to try that ride later in the trip. I still had quite a few things to check out so I couldn’t necessarily make a final opinion just yet, but I was very happy with Toy Story Land so far.

So, I would make my way towards the exit of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I might have accomplished all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks plus Disney Springs in one day, but I was absolutely exhausted. I don't know if I would ever do all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks in one day again, but it was definitely something I was happy to accomplish!

It was time to make my way to Saratoga Springs where I would get some rest, because I had a long couple days ahead of me.

Stay tuned for Day 2 updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

Day 2: One Ride At Animal Kingdom!

It was now July 3rd at Walt Disney World. This means I was very excited to see a 4th of July Fireworks Show this evening, but I would get to experience a great day in the parks before that happened. :)

My day would start by traveling to Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

I would eventually arrive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom about 30 minutes before rope drop.

I would make my way toward Pandora, but I would find something that I hadn’t seen before. Normally, I have seen he crowd going to Pandora gathered toward the bridge, but this time they had the crowd gathered before the pathway toward Tiffins and the bridge.

About 10 minutes before the park was scheduled to open, they walked us into Pandora. Then they stopped us again before they made people line up for one attraction or the other.

The Cast Members would finally let everyone make their way to line up for Na’vi River Journey or Flight of Passage. Obviously, everyone was making their way to Flight of Passage. This was a complete mess. It was probably the worst I have ever seen the rope drop crowd trying to merge into one line I have ever seen. I’m surprised they haven’t found an easier way to handle this since this attraction has been open for more than a year.

It was nice to get a great view of the floating mountains in Pandora.

I would finally make it up to the actual queue of the attraction.

I would then ride Flight of Passage within 30 minutes to the park opening. When I got off the ride, I would come across the 3 handprints of James Cameron, Joe Rohde, and Jon Landau.

I would then say farewell to Pandora and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, because I had fastpasses booked in the Magic Kingdom!

More in my next post!

Day 2: An Adventure Around The Magic Kingdom!

I would eventually arrive at the Magic Kingdom. I always forget how long of a bus ride it is since you are traveling from one side of Walt Disney World property to the other when you are going to the Magic Kingdom from Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The first thing I would do is ride the horse trolley down Main Street U.S.A. I don’t remember the last time I did this at Walt Disney World.

I definitely had a great time riding the horse trolley up to Cinderella’s Castle.

I would then make my way to the Enchanted Tiki Room.

It was recently the 55th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland. So, I had to wear the shirt that someone got me out in California when I went to the Enchanted Tiki Room on this day. :)

It was time to use my first fastpass of the day. That was for Splash Mountain!

I would then make my way to the Frontierland Train Station since I had a lunch reservation in a Castle owned by a Beast. :)

The Walt Disney World Railroad gives you a great view of one of my favorite Disney attractions, Big Thunder Railroad.

I would get off at Storybook Circus, and I would make my way to Be Our Guest Restaurant. I would have a little bit of a wait before I got in.

I would eventually order, and I was able to find a table in the Ballroom.

I would order the braised pork. This is one of my favorite dishes I have had at a Disney restaurant for lunch.

After my meal, I would enjoy the stain glass window as I exited the restaurant.

I would then decide to take a mid-day break from the Magic Kingdom crowds. So, I made my way down Main Street.

I would then walk up to the monorail station, because I was on my way to EPCOT!

I would arrive at the Ticket and Transportation Center and walk to the EPCOT Monorail.

The EPCOT Monorail loop is probably my favorite of the two monorail loops. It’s definitely a relaxing ride.

As we got closer to EPCOT, I would get a good view of the Guardians of the Galaxy Rollercoaster building being built.

I think the best view of EPCOT is right when you hit this point on the Monorail.

I would then make my way off the monorail when we got to the station and walk towards the entrance of EPCOT.

More in my next post!

Day 2: Traveling to America And Mexico!

I would eventually enter EPCOT, and it was an absolutely beautiful day in one of my favorite Disney Theme Parks!

I would make my way towards World Showcase where I would notice one of the boats was docked getting ready to sail to Morocco. So, I quickly boarded the boat to save my feet for a little bit.

I would finally make it to my destination, and that was the America Pavilion to hear a couple performances by the Voices of Liberty!

The Voices of Liberty had an interesting schedule this week. During their indoor shows, they would actually have a point where they took about an hour and fifteen minutes off. So, instead of sitting in the America Pavilion for that amount of time, I decided to go check out the new interactive exhibit at the Mexico Pavilion!

I absolutely loved the movie Coco so I was excited to check this area out.

It was time for me to try the new interactive element. I would basically get to create my own skeleton and dress the skeleton with clothes and face paint.

You go through a 5-step process before you are finished. However, I wasn’t able to get photos of each step.

After experiencing the interactive part, I would find one more display from Coco.

I would then make my way all the way back to the America Pavilion to hear a couple more performances from the Voices of Liberty.

After a nice afternoon in EPCOT, it was time to make my way to the exit and make my way back to the Magic Kingdom!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter