A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

(Update from last night)

So, I would take the boat from Wilderness Lodge after my dinner at Geyser Point to the Magic Kingdom. This was actually my first time taking the boat to Magic Kingdom. I have taken the boat to the Contemporary before.

When I arrived at the Magic Kingdom, I would check-in for the Disney After Hours Event. It was very easy to find the check-in location.

When I got into the Magic Kingdom, I would go and ride the PeopleMover, see Happily Ever After, and ride It’s A Small World before the Disney After Hours Event actually started.

Not every attraction is open during the event but most of them are.

In 3 hours, I rode a total of 17 different attractions, but got to go on 20 total rides since I repeated a couple of them. To find out what I did, stay tuned to my official updates. :)

I would take my time leaving Main Street once the event was over. I found myself still in the park about 30 minutes after the event ended to a fairly empty Main Street. Eventually, the guests cleared, and I was able to get some amazing pictures of an empty Main Street at night! :)

I would get on a bus for Saratoga Springs at 2 a.m, and I would finally get into my room at 2:25 a.m.

Stay tuned for Day 7 live-updates! :)

Day 7 Live Update:

Hi everyone! I am sorry for being quiet for most of the day. So, here is what I ended up doing today.

Well, since I had an amazing time not getting to bed until 3 a.m. last night, I might have over slept this morning. That means that I missed the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour. Even if I rushed to Magic Kingdom to try and enter it late, they could not accommodate me. So, Disney was gracious enough to refund the price of the tour.

So, my day did not start that well.

I would then make my way to EPCOT where I would ride Soarin and Living with the Land!

I would then head back to my resort since with me being in a rush, I forgot some things in my room.

Then I would make my way to Disney Springs to eat at Cookes of Dublin. I actually liked this place, but I am not sure where I rank it yet among Disney Springs Quick Service Dining that I have tried.

I would then hop onto a Boardwalk bus, because I was heading back to EPCOT to listen to several performances of the Voices of Liberty.

After hearing my favorite singing group, I would make my way to the Contemporary where I would have a nice dinner at California Grill. This was my first time trying this restaurant, and I will give a full review in my official trip report updates.

I would then walk to Magic Kingdom where I would ride Big Thunder Railroad and see the Hall of Presidents before walking back to the Contemporary to view Happily Ever After from the California Grill observation deck.

I am now in my room getting ready to go swim and relax some more since this is my final evening in Florida. :(

Stay tuned for my final day of live-updates coming tomorrow!

I got busy over the weekend and am playing catch up on your last few days. I'm sorry you've experienced some weird stuff through out this trip but at least it will make for some interesting reading once you start the TR!

I'm sorry you missed the MTMK tour, another time perhaps? Have a safe trip home, looking forward to the TR.:earsboy:

I got busy over the weekend and am playing catch up on your last few days. I'm sorry you've experienced some weird stuff through out this trip but at least it will make for some interesting reading once you start the TR!
That’s ok. Catch up at your own pace. :)

I'm sorry you missed the MTMK tour, another time perhaps? Have a safe trip home, looking forward to the TR.:earsboy:
At least I have something for my next trip to do. :) Thanks!

Looking forward to reading all about your trip!
Can’t wait to tell you about it! :)

Okay- all of these "something interesting happened but I'm not going to say what"- has been intrigued. I'm following along. Can't wait for updates and food reviews!
I have to keep some things for my official updates. This is definitely going to be a fun trip to write about. :D

Hello everyone! Welcome to Day 8 of my live updates! This is also my final day of my vacation.

My day started slow like most days on this trip. I didn’t get out of my room until about 9:30 in the morning.

I would go to Bell Services and airline check-in before making my way to Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

When I got to Animal Kingdom, I used a fastpass for Flight of Passage, had lunch at Satuli Canteen, and bought a 20th Anniversary mug! :)

I would then make my way to EPCOT where I would see a few performances of the Voices of Liberty. The Voices of Liberty would also send me off by singing one of my favorite songs that they sing.

I would then make my way to Saratoga Springs where I had a Disney’s Magical Express to catch.

I would arrive at MCO, and the security line was fairly easy.

I am now on my flight back home! :(

Safe travels, I'm waiting on the magical Express ready to start my adventure.
It's been wonderful hearing your live updates and can't wait for the full report. ✈️

Looking forward to reading all about your trip! Safe travels!
Thank you. I can't wait to tell you about it! :)

Safe travels, I'm waiting on the magical Express ready to start my adventure.
It's been wonderful hearing your live updates and can't wait for the full report. ✈️
Thank you. Sorry I missed you at the airport, but I hope you have a great vacation! The crowds have been really low. Drink lots of water, because the humidity was dreadful on some days.

I really enjoyed reading your live updates and will be joining in when you start your trip report!
Thank you! Can't wait to tell you about my trip!

Hi everyone!

I would have a great flight back home to the Mid-West! Probably had one of the smoothest landings I've ever had flying into my area.

It was a very crazy process to get my luggage since there were about 7 flights that came in at the same time and there are only two luggage carousels in the terminal I would be at. So, I waited about 30 minutes to get my luggage.

I have finally arrived back at home after a long day. I still wish I was at Walt Disney World, and I'm really trying to figure out when I can get back to my favorite place.

Thank you to all of you who have followed along on my live-updates! Stay tuned for my official updates starting very soon! :)

Last edited:
I've been seeing your posts on here for awhile and was wondering if I'd ever run into you at the red circle. I was two people over from you on the 4th. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :) It was such a great day.

Can't wait to read about the trip!
Can't wait to tell you about it. My official updates should start at some point today or tomorrow. :)

I've been seeing your posts on here for awhile and was wondering if I'd ever run into you at the red circle. I was two people over from you on the 4th. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :) It was such a great day.
Hello! :) Now I'm trying to think of who you were? Were you to the left of me which means you were the person that walked faster than me lol? :D OR were you the person to the right of me? The 4th of July with the Voices of Liberty is probably the best way to spend that patriotic holiday at Walt Disney World. Yes, the fireworks are great. However, the concerts that they put on are incredible. I don't think I left the America Pavilion until 7:30 p.m. that day if I remember correctly. I never saw their last outdoor show (which I heard was later cut right before the Star-Spangled Banner due to that wonderful storm that rolled in), but I saw the first two.

You should have said something! I have never had the opportunity to meet someone from Disboards that actually knew who I was. :D Hopefully we will meet again at some point around the red circle! :)

Can't wait to tell you about it. My official updates should start at some point today or tomorrow. :)

Hello! :) Now I'm trying to think of who you were? Were you to the left of me which means you were the person that walked faster than me lol? :D OR were you the person to the right of me? The 4th of July with the Voices of Liberty is probably the best way to spend that patriotic holiday at Walt Disney World. Yes, the fireworks are great. However, the concerts that they put on are incredible. I don't think I left the America Pavilion until 7:30 p.m. that day if I remember correctly. I never saw their last outdoor show (which I heard was later cut right before the Star-Spangled Banner due to that wonderful storm that rolled in), but I saw the first two.

You should have said something! I have never had the opportunity to meet someone from Disboards that actually knew who I was. :D Hopefully we will meet again at some point around the red circle! :)

Haha yes, I was the one that ran ahead We saw all 3 and yeah, they cut right before star spangled banner. We hid in Mitsukoshi for awhile until the storm subsided. The day was such a whirlwind that I didn’t even think of it while I was there. I’m sure we will cross paths again sometime!

Haha yes, I was the one that ran ahead We saw all 3 and yeah, they cut right before star spangled banner. We hid in Mitsukoshi for awhile until the storm subsided. The day was such a whirlwind that I didn’t even think of it while I was there. I’m sure we will cross paths again sometime!
I am sure we will cross paths at the "red circle" again. :)

That storm was crazy. I stood outside in it, because I was not losing my spot for the fireworks even if I was in the fastpass viewing area lol.

Day 1: Travel Day!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of my official updates!!! This trip ended up being a very strange trip for me, so lets get right into it!

I am starting the official updates with everyones favorite post. It’s my travel day!!! :D

I would end up getting about 3 hours of sleep before I would have to wake up and head to the airport. Even though I woke up in plenty of time, there was an issue when I got to the airport. Security was taking a lot longer than it normally does. I was thankful to make it to my flight before they started boarding though! :)

The sun was beginning to rise, and I had the opening african chant from the Lion King humming in my mind.

I was off to Florida!

I would fly on the opening day of Wimbledon which is my favorite tennis Grand Slam tournament. So, I am thankful for Southwest having ESPN on their T.V. service. Therefore, I was able to watch some of the opening day of Wimbledon when I was actually awake.

I would finally arrive in Orlando. That means it was time for my first ride of the day…the Airport Train! :D

It felt good seeing this airport again. That means I was getting closer to Walt Disney World!!

I would finally arrive on the level for Disney’s Magical Express. Am I the only one that thinks this walk is one of the longest walks ever? Disney’s Magical Express is at the very end, and I am just to excited to get there at this point. It just feels like it takes forever.

I would finally make it to Disney’s Magical Express!

So, I would check-in for the bus, get my row, and immediately walk on to a bus. I didn’t have to wait for a bus!!! :)

About 3 minutes after I boarded the bus, I was on my way to Walt Disney World! That means it was time to see the bus driver, Gus!

About 20 minutes later, I was seeing the sign welcoming me back to Walt Disney World!!! :)

My bus would stop at Old Key West before heading to my resort for the trip, and my
bus ride would take a total of about 45 minutes before I arrived at my resort.

I was finally “home” at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa! This would be my first time staying at Saratoga Springs, and I was excited to check it out!

I would check-in at the resort, but I didn’t have a room available yet. I was a little disappointed, but that is expected at a Disney Vacation Club Resort. It was also about 10:00 a.m. at this point.

I would decide to stay true to my plan for the day. I needed to activate an Annual Pass, and I had plans to eat lunch at Disney Springs. So, that is where I would be off to next!

Stay tuned for more updates from Day 1 of my solo Walt Disney World adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter