A Solo Trip: It's the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! Dec. 1-7, 2017! *COMPLETE 1/26*

A Christmas Fantasy Parade has always been one of my favorite Disney parades!

Can anyone guess my favorite part of the parade based on my Disboards username?

yeah, they just redid the one at DLR but would like to see some upgrades to the DHS one ... maybe they will address it after the other construction is down - can't see them taking something else "off line" right now though. I still love the one at DHS so hop they don't get rid of it for something completely new though

Glad you got to see the Candlelight Procession - it does look amazing
Yeah. You’re probably right that they won’t touch it until most of the park is not under construction. I once heard on one of my tours at WDW that WDW is afraid to close anything because it’s more of a “vacation” destination. That was to referenced to our guide being asked if Haunted Mansion Holiday would ever come to WDW.

Candlelight Processional was an amazing experience. Even though the WDW version is still special, there was just something about seeing it in the park where Walt Disney started the tradition. The last time I had seen it in Disneyland was 2012 when they decided to run it the whole month.

It is certainly glorious to see it on Main Street, but I wonder if maybe eventually they will move it to Fantasyland Theatre. Especially once SWGE opens; the congestion on main street was already difficult this weekend, don't even want to think about it in 2 years!

If they did move it though I could see it switching over to more like Epcot, with more dates in December (maybe just weekends though).

It is certainly glorious to see it on Main Street, but I wonder if maybe eventually they will move it to Fantasyland Theatre. Especially once SWGE opens; the congestion on main street was already difficult this weekend, don't even want to think about it in 2 years!

If they did move it though I could see it switching over to more like Epcot, with more dates in December (maybe just weekends though).
I’m a Disneyland traditionalist...at least that is what I like to call myself lol...For that reason, I hope they don’t. To my knowledge, it has always been on the train station since 1958 when it started. I also hope they don’t move it to an EPCOT type format. I actually like how secretive they are about the show. Many Disneyland locals have no idea this event exists.

I really don’t know how much SWGE will effect the crowds. It was also only congested because they didn’t open Main Street at all from close to the first show to the end of the second show.

Good morning from the Disneyland Esplanade where it looks like everyone got up at 6 a.m. for the early entry day at Disneyland! I don’t know if this was worth it anymore.

If you buy a 3+ day ticket to Disneyland, it guarantees you one early morning magic entry into Disneyland Park. It doesn’t work for early entry into Disney California Adventure.

So, my final evening at Disneyland is being spent with high and fast winds. I had a ticket to World of Color, but unfortunately that was canceled due to the speed of the winds in the area. So, no nighttime show the last two evenings while I’ve been at Disneyland.

I’m not going to let that ruin my trip though! I was able to get in line for Radiator Springs Racers before Disney California Adventure closed. Therefore, I was able to get a nighttime ride in!

I’m ready to head across the Esplanade to Disneyland right now! :)

So, I decided to go on It’s A Small World Holiday again. That was a very bad idea. I had a fastpass and got in line at 9:45 p.m. Due to them getting rid of some boats for the night, 45 minutes later I finally got on the ride. That’s not all...I got to enjoy the ride for a record (for me) of 23 minutes!!! I had to endure that song for 23 minutes straight!!! It would have been longer, but our boat got towed at the end.

Time to enjoy a 1 1/2 circle tour on the Disneyland Railroad at night before I leave for the night. I’m excited to see the new route at night (if there is anything to see).

So, I decided to go on It’s A Small World Holiday again. That was a very bad idea. I had a fastpass and got in line at 9:45 p.m. Due to them getting rid of some boats for the night, 45 minutes later I finally got on the ride. That’s not all...I got to enjoy the ride for a record (for me) of 23 minutes!!! I had to endure that song for 23 minutes straight!!! It would have been longer, but our boat got towed at the end.

Time to enjoy a 1 1/2 circle tour on the Disneyland Railroad at night before I leave for the night. I’m excited to see the new route at night (if there is anything to see).
Have fun getting that song out of your head :rolleyes1

Good morning from the Disneyland Resort! This is my final morning/afternoon at the park before I say goodbye until the next time I’m here. :(

I’m going to another Southern California location tonight so stay tuned. :)

Bummer about the winds impacting the night time shows ... and while I enjoy It's a Small world 23 minutes is a bit much!

So cool you got to be in Disneyland on Walt's Birthday .... did they do anything special? I know they gave out a pin for Mickey's birthday but would make sense to celebrate Walt's as well!

I see the fires are still north/northwest of Anaheim. Safe travels to your next destination!

Bummer about the winds impacting the night time shows ... and while I enjoy It's a Small world 23 minutes is a bit much!

So cool you got to be in Disneyland on Walt's Birthday .... did they do anything special? I know they gave out a pin for Mickey's birthday but would make sense to celebrate Walt's as well!
Unfortunately, they did nothing for his birthday. They had a special limited edition pin you could buy. Many of the CM’s had no idea it was his Birthday.

I’m currently experiencing what will probably be my last walk on Paradise Pier before it becomes Pixar Pier. :guilty::sad:

Also, my final ride on California Screamin before it is rethemed. :(

Unfortunately, they did nothing for his birthday. They had a special limited edition pin you could buy. Many of the CM’s had no idea it was his Birthday.
Yeah, one year we wanted to get "Happy Birthday" buttons and write Walt on them, but they didn't let us. In retrospect we should have gotten I'm Celebrating... buttons.

It does feel a bit wrong how they do all these special things for Mickey's birthday-buttons, merchandise, a mini-parade, and nothing for the guy who actually took a risk and made this whole Disney dream a reality!

Goodbye Disneyland Resort! I’ll see you next time I’m in Southern California! :sad:

If you ever have the chance to come to Walt Disney’s ORIGINAL Magic Kingdom, I highly recommend it. It is my favorite Disney Theme Park!

I am off to more Southern California adventures! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts