A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? Feb. 25-Mar. 3, 2018! *COMPLETED 6/9/18*

Hi everyone! Sorry about not giving you as many live updates today. I wanted to put away my phone as much as I could and just enjoy being at Disney.

Flower and Garden this year is amazing. I really wish there was a festival center, but it was fine. All of the topiaries look very nice, as well as, many of the flowers/gardens.

I tried several different food options from the booths. I am happy to say that I didn't experience a bad dish. This was my only day so I was very selective in what I wanted to have. My highlights from the items I tried were the teriyaki salmon (Japan) and the Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake (The Honey Bee-stro).

I saw many performances of the Voices of Liberty which always happens when I'm in EPCOT.

I would make my way to the Magic Kingdom in the early evening where I would ride It's A Small World, see Mickey's Philharmagic, and ride the Peoplemover before seeing Happily Ever After.

I would then test my luck again by trying to go back to EPCOT to see Illuminations. I would arrive in EPCOT 5 minutes before it closed and rushed to World Showcase. I would make it to World Showcase in time for Illuminations but just barely.

It is now time for bed after a very long day.

Good morning from Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

I got started a little late this morning. I got to AK 30 minutes after Extra Magic Hours and went straight to Flight of Passage. I was off the ride shortly after 9 a.m.

I would then use a FastPass for Kilimanjaro Safari, and I was unable to see the baby hippo on this trip. :(

I then went to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and did the new 30-minute free tour that they are offering. I went to the invertebrate building, as well as, the vet hospital.

I am currently eating at Satuli Canteen before using a FastPass for Expedition Everest and Festival of the Lion King.

I’ll be traveling to EPCOT in s little bit where I’ll end my trip by seeing the Voices of Liberty.

I fly home tonight. :(

Well, I enjoyed a nice late afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty. It was great to see many of them again especially since I’ve gotten to know a lot of them over the years.

I made it back to my resort in time to take Disney’s Magical Express to MCO. I still call it Disney’s Magical Express instead of Disney’s Tragical Express, because I am still using a Disney service. Also, the service is FREE! Anything that is free, I think is magical especially if it is Disney (even though I’m probably secretly paying for it in my hotel rate).

I’m now sitting at MCO waiting for my delayed flight home.

This is where I’m going to stop my live updates. Thank you to everyone who followed this solo traveler on his trip to Walt Disney World. This was seriously one of the best DISNEY trips I have ever taken.

My official updates will start within the next week.

I then went to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and did the new 30-minute free tour that they are offering. I went to the invertebrate building, as well as, the vet hospital.
Oh! I haven't heard about this yet!?!? How was it, and how do you do it? Thanks so much for the live reports, I'm going to be there in 17 days and I'm enjoying reading about your trip! Wishing you safe travels home and looking forward to more updates!!!

Safe flight home!
Thank you! I got home safely. :)

Oh! I haven't heard about this yet!?!? How was it, and how do you do it? Thanks so much for the live reports, I'm going to be there in 17 days and I'm enjoying reading about your trip! Wishing you safe travels home and looking forward to more updates!!!
Thank you...The free tour at Rafiki's Planet Watch is a test where they take you to two of four backstage areas around there. The CM said the test is lasting through the end of this month at least (subject to change). I got to go backstage to the Invertebrate room (I think that's insects) and the Vet Hospital. There are two other options, but I can't remember. You might not go to the same places as me if you do it. The tours leave on the :45 and last around 30 minutes. I believe there are only 6 tours a day.

To sign up for a tour, you take the train from Africa to Rafiki's Planet Watch. There is a counter inside the building that has a CM and info about the tour. If you can't find it, any of the CM's inside the building should know where it is.

I would recommend it if you are interested in that sort of thing. AK is my favorite park, so I was excited to try something new.

Thank you for sharing your adventures! I can't wait to hear about Caring For Giants as I booked that for my daughter and I for our June visit.
Thank you! I should get started with my live updates sometime this week. I'm really busy, and I am also behind on another trip report. So, hopefully I will get to Caring For Giants a lot faster this time around than how long my other trip report is taking.

Day 1: Travel Day!

Hello everyone, and welcome to the start of my updates from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World! This was a solo trip for me, and it was honestly one of the best Disney trips I have ever taken! So, lets get started!

The first day is always interesting, because you really want to get to the parks, but you have to travel first.

So, I would wake up early, and make my to the airport where I would get ready to fly to Orlando. I would have two flights today. My first flight would stop in Atlanta before I had a connecting flight to Orlando.

I would arrive at the airport in plenty of time for my flight, and I would be on my first flight of the day in no time. I originally had a front row seat, but 10-15 minutes after I boarded, I heard a flight attendant talking to someone saying that they didn’t have two front row seats. The couple sounded elderly, and it really seemed like they couldn’t go that far down the airplane. I quickly chimed in to the flight attendant saying that I was willing to move since I still had the middle seat next to me. All I needed was an aisle seat and I would be ok. So, it’s always great to do something nice when you know someone else would need something more than you do. That was a nice way to start this trip.

My first flight consisted of me watching Coco.

I would soon arrive at the busiest airport in the United State of America which is Atlanta. The good news is that i didn’t have to go far for my connecting flight.

I had about a 45 minute layover so I would soon be on the next flight to Orlando.

I was able to get the front row on this flight. :) My chosen entertainment for this flight was an episode of Band of Brothers.

We would finally arrive in Orlando! There was something that happened though once we landed that I have never experienced before. We would land, I turned my phone off airplane mode, and I had a text from Disney saying my room was ready! Now, this was about 12 p.m. in Orlando so I was surprised that my room was already ready. Make that another reason why this trip was off to a great start!

So, it was time for the first ride of the trip! That is the tram to the main terminal.

The last time I was in this terminal, I saw a Christmas Tree.

It was then time for the walk that seems like it will never end to Disney’s Magical Express.

I noticed the line for Disney’s Magical Express was the longest I have ever seen it. I was expecting it to take at least two busses before I could board an All-Star Resort Bus. Well, they eventually had two busses for the All-Stars come up at the same time so I didn’t have to wait at all. What was also nice was the bus I got on wasn’t even full before the bus pulled away.

I’M GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! :D

I would a seat as close to the front as I could.

I can see the sign!!!

So, we would eventually get to my All-Star Resort which was Music on this trip.

Since my room was ready, I went straight to my room. Now, I finally got to see the brand new room occupied signs when I got there. Honestly, I don’t care much about this since I’m never in the room anyways.

So, after dropping off my bags and unpacking my carry-on, it was time to head to the bus stops.

I was off to my first Walt Disney World Theme Park of the day! :)

Last edited:
Day 1: A Busy First Day At Walt Disney World!

Normally, my tradition is to go to Disney’s Animal Kingdom first since that is my favorite park. However, I would break my tradition on this trip.

I was off to EPCOT!!!

The golf ball never gets old. Oh, I mean Spaceship Earth. :D

With how great my day had already started, going and seeing the Voices of Liberty as my first thing at Walt Disney World was a great option. :) So, I walked all the way to the American Adventure.

The Voices of Liberty were the only thing I would do in EPCOT before making my way back to the entrance of the park. I would be taking the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

So, by this time I was starving. I didn’t eat lunch. So, I would stop at Captain Cooks at the Polynesian to get some dinner. This is where I am not a good Trip Reporter…I forgot to take pictures of my time at the Poly. Captain Cooks is one of my favorite quick service locations on property. It is also a great place to go and take a break from the Magic Kingdom.

So, I would then get on the Resort Monorail at the Polynesian, because I was going to the Magic Kingdom!!!

I would arrive!

My first fastpass of the day was on Splash Mountain!

“It’s truth, it’s actual…everything is satis-factual…Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah!!!”

I would not go quite on this train yet, but I was on my way to another train.

My 2nd fastpass of the day was for Big Thunder Railroad!

I would then decide to take a grand circle tour on the Walt Disney World Railroad before doing something very special.

I would arrive back at the Frontierland Station where I would make my way to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Now, this was the final day Pirates of the Caribbean was going to be open at the Magic Kingdom before going down for a refurbishment. The rumors were that this is when the original Auction Scene was going to be changed out to something different. So, I knew I had to get on this ride today to say farewell to the Auction Scene.

I would arrive at Pirates of the Caribbean and the ride was closed. Of course, the cast members were saying they don’t know when it is going to be open, etc. So, I decided to wait. ow, my plan was to see Happily Ever After and this was within an hour of the show beginning. So, I was getting a little nervous that I wouldn’t see it.

Most people would leave the attraction, but I decided to stay and wait. This ended up being awesome because the crowd gathered in front waiting would chant, “WE WANTS THE REDHEAD!” and would start singing the famous tune. It was definitely a great atmosphere for the final night of the Auction Scene.

So, with about 20 minutes before Happily Ever After was to begin, the ride would open! I would use my final fastpass of the night.

This would mean that my final time seeing the Auction Scene (at Walt Disney World :D *hint hint* ) was about to happen.

Farewell Auction Scene! WE WANTS THE REDHEAD! :(

After saying goodbye to the Auction Scene, I would make my way to the Hub to get a spot for Happily Ever After.

Last edited:
Day 1: Two Parks AND Nighttime Shows In One Hour!

Get ready to feel very tired after reading this update. :D

I would find a great spot for the show about 10 minutes before it started. Going solo, you can usually find a spot along the ropes very close to show time.

The show would begin! :)

Enjoy pictures of the show:

So, it was time to try something that I have never done before. Happily Ever After was at 8 p.m, and Illuminations was scheduled for 9 p.m. I decided that I wanted to try and see if I could make it to EPCOT in 45 minutes to see Illuminations (my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World). So, I accepted the challenge, and I was off in a hurry!

I would exit the Magic Kingdom from the Hub in less than 5 minutes. So, I still had 40 minutes to go. The task seemed like it could honestly happen.

I decided I would take the ferry across since the monorail didn’t look like it would be quick.

Well, 15 minutes went by and I was still docked at the Magic Kingdom. There was no way I could turn around now since the line for the monorail looked really long.

Finally, a couple minutes later, we would begin sailing across Seven Seas Lagoon.

I would get across to the Ticket and Transportation Center with 20 minutes to go before EPCOT closed.

With 12 minutes to go, the EPCOT Monorail would arrive.

I could see Spaceship Earth on the monorail! I’m close!!!

With 5 minutes to go before EPCOT closed, the monorail pulled into the station. I would bolt out of the monorail, and rush to the security entrance and then into the park. I got into the park with 3 minutes to spare.

Now, it was time to speed walk to World Showcase!

I would arrive at World Showcase as the first firework went off.

I DID IT!!! I succeeded, but I was exhausted!!!

So, I would then enjoy Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

Enjoy some of the pictures of the show:

That challenge was worth it in the end, but this only worked because Happily Ever After was an hour before Illuminations. I was cutting it close though. I would attempt this challenge again later in the trip. Would I make it again? Wait and find out. :D

After a great show, it was time to make my way out of EPCOT and to the All-Star Music bus. I had a long day so I was ready to get some sleep.

Last edited:
VIDEO: Farewell to the Pirates of the Caribbean Auction Scene (Final Day)!

Here is a video that I filmed on the final day of the Pirates of the Caribbean Auction Scene. I am really going to miss this scene a lot. :(

WE WANTS THE RED HEAD!!!

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Magic Kingdom: Final Night of the Pirates of the Caribbean Auction Scene!

I hope that you enjoyed the video.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter