A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! Sept. 2018!*COMPLETED 1/26/19*

I would decide to get off at the Yacht and Beach Club and walk the rest of the way since I could walk faster than the boat getting to EPCOT. That is since the boat would still go over to the Boardwalk before making its way to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT.
Better get used to this method for December!

I would try the Mezzi Rigatoni for $7. This was very good and a nice portion size. There is just one thing I can’t figure out. Why is the Italy Pavilion’s Food & Wine Booth always the most expensive? At least for me that is the case.
I think because they know it's a safer, more familiar option for most people. So even if they charge more, they will still get takers. I am somewhat interested in some of the Christmas options, but don't know if I will pay out for it! It will depend on the reviews!

How awesome to ride SDD so many times and enjoy TSL with so few people in there.

I’m glad you had a wonderful lunch at R&C and time to listen to the VoL.

Better get used to this method for December!

I think because they know it's a safer, more familiar option for most people. So even if they charge more, they will still get takers. I am somewhat interested in some of the Christmas options, but don't know if I will pay out for it! It will depend on the reviews!
- Don't remind me, but I'm glad that the latest rumor is that the boats will operate from the hotels to DHS. Just not to EPCOT.

- Yeah. I have never tried any of the Festival of Holidays dishes. I'm not sure if I'm going to try any of them yet.

How awesome to ride SDD so many times and enjoy TSL with so few people in there.

I’m glad you had a wonderful lunch at R&C and time to listen to the VoL.
Having TSL practically to myself was a lot of fun! :)

Rose & Crown is my Dad's favorite restaurant at WDW. So, I usually try to go there when I go with him. It's just rare for me to go there when I'm on a solo trip. The fish & chips must have been calling my name! :D I always make time for the Voices of Liberty whenever I can.

Day 3: MercyMe Concert At EPCOT!

It was time for me to get in line to see one of my favorite bands. That is MercyMe!!!

I would get in line a couple minutes before the 5:30 p.m. show, but I had a dining package ticket for the 6:45 p.m. show. I would end up being 2nd in line for the 6:45 p.m. show, but I got to enjoy hearing their songs from the 5:30 p.m. show as well! :)

After hearing a great first concert from just outside the theater, it was finally time for me to enter the theater. I was able to get one of my favorite spots inside the America Gardens Theater.

The theater filled up really quickly. A Cast Member told me a couple days earlier that the dining packages for MercyMe were completely sold out. So, I was expecting a big crowd.

Eventually, MercyMe would come on the stage and the concert would begin!!! :)

Bart Millard, the main singer, is awesome! There was a movie that came out about his life earlier this year and how his life inspired their popular song titled “I Can Only Imagine!”

More pictures from the concert:

The 40-minute concert would go by really quickly! MercyMe put on an awesome concert, and I was excited to hear them again the following day! :)

More in my next post!

VIDEO: MercyMe At EPCOT - “I Can Only Imagine!"

Here is a video of MercyMe singing what is probably their most popular song called “I Can Only Imagine!” There was a movie that was made earlier this year about the inspiration behind writing the song.

You have also probably figured out that the title of this song helped inspire the title of this Trip Report.

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

MercyME At EPCOT - “I Can Only Imagine!”

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEOS: MercyMe At EPCOT!

Here are some more videos of the MercyMe Concert at EPCOT!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

MercyMe At EPCOT: “Even If!”

MercyME At EPCOT: “Greater!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

Day 3: An Evening in EPCOT!

After the concert, I decided to make my way around World Showcase and try a couple Food & Wine Booths.

I would decide to make my way to the Germany Booth. I would order the Apple Strudel for $4.

I did enjoy this dessert, but there are other dishes I would try around World Showcase before getting this.

I would then make my way to the Booth that is home to my favorite type of cuisine. That is the China Booth. I would order the Black Pepper Shrimp for $6.75 and the Chicken Dumplings for $4.95.

The Black Pepper Shrimp was really good. Probably one of my favorite dishes that I had. I wasn’t expecting how much spice was in the noodles though.

The Chicken Dumplings were…basic chicken dumplings. Still good, but I would maybe experience some unique offerings that you can’t get anywhere before trying this.

After trying some dishes from the Food & Wine Festival, I decided to head to Canada and walk around the pavilion.

After a trip through Canada, how about make my way into the Future. So, I made my way to Future World.

I would then decide to ride Test Track via single rider. I would have a 0 minute wait.

It was then time to get a spot for Illuminations. So, I would find a spot right by the Mexico Pavilion.

It was now time for my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World, and I am really sad that it is going away next year!

After a nice evening in EPCOT, it was time for me to leave and make my way towards the bus stops.

I would take a bus to All-Star Movies where I would get ready for another exciting day at Walt Disney World the next day! :)

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World! :)

One day I will get to an Eat to the Beat concert - preferably Hanson. And that day I will probably have 3 dining packages, so I get to see all 3 shows!

Yeah. I have never tried any of the Festival of Holidays dishes. I'm not sure if I'm going to try any of them yet.
Oh I already have a huge list of what I'm going to eat! I loved so many of the holiday dishes at DCA's version, I can't wait to try the ones at Epcot! And I'm definitely doing the "cookie stroll"

One day I will get to an Eat to the Beat concert - preferably Hanson. And that day I will probably have 3 dining packages, so I get to see all 3 shows!

Oh I already have a huge list of what I'm going to eat! I loved so many of the holiday dishes at DCA's version, I can't wait to try the ones at Epcot! And I'm definitely doing the "cookie stroll"
- It was really fun to see a concert there for a band I actually wanted to see. I just wish they put on a little bit of a longer concert.

- I need to take a look at the menu still to see if there is anything that is "calling my name."

Day 4: A Busy Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of my solo adventure to Walt Disney World! :)

My day would start by heading to the All-Star Movies bus stop!

I would make my way to my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park which is Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

I would make my way into Pandora where I would have a fastness for Flight of Passage!

After riding a banshee, I would make my way to encounter the Yeti on Expedition Everest! I would have a fastpass for this attraction.

I would then make my way to Maharajah Jungle Trek to see my favorite baby tiger cubs! I would also see some other animals at the same time.

My favorite Theme Park landmark at Walt Disney World is the Tree of Life!

I would then have a fastpass to see my favorite show which is the Festival of the Lion King!

Enjoy some pictures of the show:

I caught a picture right when it look liked a Tumble Monkey was kicking
Timon in the head. Thankfully, I just caught the picture at a good angle and Timon didn't get hurt in this picture.

After a great show, I would then make my way back into Pandora where I was lucky enough to get another fastpass for Flight of Passage.

It was then time for me to head to EPCOT. So, I would take a bus to the Boardwalk Resort.

I would enter the International Gateway entrance to EPCOT.

I would then have lunch reservations at Nine Dragons with an Eat to the Beat Dining Package.

Here is the menu for Nine Dragons:

The Eat to the Beat Dining Package comes with an appetizer, entree, dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage.

I would get the Treasure Spring Rolls which were actually really good!

I would order the Honey Sesame Chicken as my entree which was really good.

I would get the Chinese Ginger Cake. I actually didn’t like this. It came out to me frozen which I do not like frozen cake.

After lunch, I would make my way to the American Adventure to listen to a few performances by the Voices of Liberty.

Since having an Eat to the Beat Dining Package, I had a ticket to the 5:00 p.m. show for MercyMe! I really enjoyed seeing them in concert again!

The MercyMe Concert was a great way to start my evening at Walt Disney World and I would make my way out of EPCOT after the concert.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Battle Hymn of the Republic!”

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing one of my favorite songs that they sing. That song is “Battle Hymn of the Republic!”

Voices of Liberty - “Battle Hymn of the Republic!”

More in my next post!

VIDEO: MercyMe At EPCOT - “Flawless!”

Here is a video of MercyMe performing their song called “Flawless” at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.

MercyMe At EPCOT - “Flawless!”

More in my next post!

Day 4: A Busy Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!

I would make the 20-minute walk to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the evening.

My first stop would be the Tower of Terror since I had a fastpass for this attraction.

I was lucky to get a fastpass for Rock N’ Rollercoaster after I checked in for Tower of Terror.

I would then make my way to Fantasmic since I try to see as many nighttime shows as I can while at Walt Disney World. I don’t really like this show, but I still try to see it when I can.

Enjoy some pictures of the finale of the show:

After Fantasmic, I would make my way to the Chinese Theater to see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. I would actually leave Fantasmic slightly early to get ahead of the crowd so I can make it to the viewing area.

Enjoy pictures of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular:

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is one of my favorite shows at Walt Disney World.

After the show, it was time to head out of Disney’s Hollywood Studios since the park was closed.

I would decide to head to Disney Springs for dinner since there was a new restaurant I wanted to try.

The restaurant I would decide to go to is Chicken Guy! I was really excited to try this new quick service restaurant!

Here is a look at the menu:

I would get a chicken sandwich with the fries. Honestly, I didn’t find this any special. I actually prefer Chick-Fil-A. It was definitely a great option for a cheaper quick service location at Disney Springs.

After dinner, I would walk around Disney Springs and check out the different shops like World of Disney.

I would then head to Ghirardelli and get dessert. I would order a chocolate shake! :)

After a long day, I would make my way to the Disney Springs bus stop and head back to All-Star Movies for a good night sleep!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

Just found this report. Thanks for the videos of Voices of Liberty. That is now on a must do list for our next trip. My boys are in band/choir and would love it.

Just found this report. Thanks for the videos of Voices of Liberty. That is now on a must do list for our next trip. My boys are in band/choir and would love it.
Thank you very much for joining in! As a person who grew up with musical instruments in my hand and singing, your boys will not be disappointed! They are amazing live! I'm sure you will enjoy them as well. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading my Trip Report! Thank you very much for following along on this Trip Report! I hope you have a great day with friends and/or family!
:dogdance: :cool1: party:

Just so everyone knows, I will be starting up my official updates from this Trip Report tonight or tomorrow. So, stay tuned! :-)

Day 5: A Phenomenal Day At Walt Disney World!

Welcome to Day 5 of my Walt Disney World vacation!

On this day, I would make my way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With the bus stops being quite a bit away now, I figured I would get pictures of the construction of the new bus loop and Skyliner stations (both construction projects are a lot farther along now).

I would finally arrive at the entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

My first attraction of the day would be Tower of Terror, and I would have a fastness for this attraction.

After a scary adventure on an elevator, I would make my way to fly into a Galaxy, far, far, away at Star Tours! I would also have a fastpass for this attraction.

After I rode Star Tours, I would go through Star Traders with a lot of construction walls. This store might be back to normal now. I haven’t been back since.

I would then make my way to Toy Story Land to have lunch at Woody’s Lunchbox!

I really love the brisket sandwich at this location!

I would then leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios, because I would make my way to EPCOT for a very awesome afternoon!

I would decide to walk to EPCOT.

I would eventually make it into EPCOT after a 20 minute walk.

I would be off to the American Adventure Pavilion where I would experience one of the best Voices of Liberty days I have ever had! This day was amazing!

I’ll have many videos of this amazing day posted below in my next updates.

I would like to say thank you to @PrincessP who spotted me inside the American Adventure on this day and coming up to say hi. It was really nice meeting you!!!

After a phenomenal day, I would make my way to the Food & Wine Festival Center, because I could finally get my cutting board!

I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do at this point. So, I decided to head to the Land Pavilion and ride Living With the Land!

After the ride, I would decide to get dinner at Sunshine Seasons.

I believe I ordered the salmon and the grits. This was honestly ok. I wouldn’t order it again.

I would order a cheesecake for dessert that was delicious.

I was then contemplating staying in EPCOT and seeing Illuminations or going to Magic Kingdom to see Happily Ever After. I would decide to leave EPCOT and board the monorail toward the Magic Kingdom.

More in my next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!