A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! Sept. 2018!*COMPLETED 1/26/19*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World!

Introduction!

Hello everyone and welcome to my next Walt Disney World Trip Report! I will be embarking on another solo adventure to the most Magical Place on Earth! :)

There were a couple reasons why I booked this trip to Walt Disney World. Those reasons were that one of my favorite bands is performing at the Food & Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party would be happening, and I was able to get into one of the Toy Story Land AP Events! So, you can say that I’m very excited about this trip! :)

Picture taken on a previous trip to Walt Disney World.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate? :confused3 So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

• A Trip Around The World + A Fantasy Trip to Paradise! *COMPLETED 8/24/17*
  • A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me! *COMPLETED 10/1/17*
  • A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! *COMPLETED 12/20/17*
  • A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 1/26/18*
  • Taking A First Time to Walt Disney World! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*
  • A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? *COMPLETED 6/9/18*
  • When Pixar Invades the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*
  • A Solo Trip: The Heartbeat of Freedom! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*
  • A Solo Trip: Mickey Has A Cousin? *CURRENTLY UPDATING*

Picture taken on a previous trip to Walt Disney World.

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

I will be staying 5 nights/6 days at All-Star Movies. I’m really excited to stay here since this will be completing my All-Star Resort Trio! I’m really hoping to get a refurbished room in the Toy Story section of the resort. What was also able to convince me to book this trip was I found one of the cheapest room rates I have ever seen to stay on Disney property!

I’m not usually someone who likes the Food & Wine Festival anymore due to the nature of the guests that I have seen in the park. However, having one of my favorite bands perform has definitely made it easier to visit during this time of the year again. I’m really excited to also trick-or-treat in the Magic Kingdom for the 4th time even if I am someone who doesn’t celebrate Halloween anymore. There is a lot to look forward to on this trip, and I can’t wait to share it with all of you!

I hope that you enjoy…
A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World!

Last edited:
Table of Contents:

1. Introduction!
2. Live Updates! (Pages 1-3)
Day 1: Travel Day!
4. Day 1: First Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!
5. Day 1: First Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!
6. Day 2: A Morning in the Animal Kingdom!
7. Day 2: My First Day of the Food & Wine Festival!
8. VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Seize the Day!”
9. Day 2: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Part 1!
10. Day 2: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Part 2!
11. VIDEO: Mad Tea Party Halloween Party Lighting!
12. Day 2: MNSSHP - Boo To You Halloween Parade - Part 1!
13. Day 2: MNSSHP - Boo To You Halloween Parade - Part 2!
14. Day 2: MNSSHP - HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular - Part 1!
15. Day 2: MNSSHP - HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular - Part 2!
16. VIDEO: HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular Finale!
17. Day 2: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Part 3!
18. VIDEO: Headless Horseman!!!
19. VIDEO: Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade Highlights!
20. Day 2: Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Stage Show!
21. VIDEO: Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Finale!
22. Day 3: Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event!
23. Day 3: An Adventure Through Hollywood!
24. Day 3: A Trip to England, America, Norway, and Italy!
25. VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!
26. Day 3: MercyMe Concert At EPCOT!
27. VIDEO: MercyMe At EPCOT - “I Can Only Imagine!"
28. VIDEOS: MercyMe At EPCOT!
29. Day 3: An Evening in EPCOT!
30. Day 4: A Busy Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!
31. VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Battle Hymn of the Republic!”
32. VIDEO: MercyMe At EPCOT - “Flawless!”
33. Day 4: A Busy Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!
34. Day 5: A Phenomenal Day At Walt Disney World!
35. VIDEOS: Best Voices of Liberty Day Ever - Part 1!
36. VIDEOS: Best Voices of Liberty Day Ever - Part 2!
37. Day 5: An Evening At The Magic Kingdom!
38. VIDEO: Happily Ever After Finale - Great View of Tinker Bell!
39. Day 6: Final Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!
40. Day 6: Final Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!
41. VIDEO: Festival of the Lion King Highlights!
42. Day 6: Travel Back To The Midwest!
43. All-Star Movies Overview - Part 1!
44. All-Star Movies Overview - Part 2!
45. Conclusion!

Last edited:

I’ll be 2nd! Sounds like an awesome trip you’ve got planned. When do we find out what band you’ll be checking out? Keep on travelin’......

I am first!!!! Finally!
Thank you for joining in! Hmm...I wonder how you were first? :D

I’ll be 2nd! Sounds like an awesome trip you’ve got planned. When do we find out what band you’ll be checking out? Keep on travelin’......
@GAN Great to hear from you! Thank you for joining in! ... I left a HUGE hint in the title of this trip report if you are interested in which band I will be hearing.

Awesome! Another trip report. Can't wait to hear more.
Thank you for joining in! :) I'm looking forward to this trip! Hopefully it is better than my last one to WDW... :D

Here ! Hoping there aren’t as many “stories” this trip . You had a lot of interesting incidents last trip

We'll be there at the same time! I'll be staying at All Star Movies for my first night and then switching over to the Boardwalk! Are you going to the party on the 3rd or the 7th? Hope you have a great trip!

Here ! Hoping there aren’t as many “stories” this trip . You had a lot of interesting incidents last trip
Glad to see you have joined in! :) I did have a lot of incidents on my last trip, and hopefully this trip won't have any. I will have a magical time either way. :)

We'll be there at the same time! I'll be staying at All Star Movies for my first night and then switching over to the Boardwalk! Are you going to the party on the 3rd or the 7th? Hope you have a great trip!
Thank you for joining in! It sounds like I will miss you at All-Star Movies by a day, but have a great time at the Boardwalk! :)

I will be at the party on the 3rd.

I hope you have a great trip as well! Make sure you say hi if you see me! :)

I'll be at the party on the 3rd also and will say hi if I see you!
Awesome! I will probably be all over the place trying to do as much as I can. I have a "doable" list, but I'm worried with all of the reports of the parties being more crowded than normal.

Looking forward to possibly meeting you! :)

Awesome! I will probably be all over the place trying to do as much as I can. I have a "doable" list, but I'm worried with all of the reports of the parties being more crowded than normal.

Looking forward to possibly meeting you! :)

I don't do character meets so I'm not too worried... I'm definitely feeling concerned about the weather forecast for next week though. It's looking pretty rainy, especially for Tuesday. :(

I am planning my first ever solo trip, so I am looking forward to reading about your trip. I always feel like I am the one and only person alive who doesn’t love F&W!

Wow! You have been super busy with these trips!!

I love that band as well. Have you seen the movie inspired by the song...or rather vice versa...the movie based on real life events that inspired the song?

I fly in on the 5th and am trying to decide if I should upgrade my hoppers to AP so I can go to Epcot and hear them! I wasn’t planning a park visit on my arrival day.

How fun! Live, I love it! I wandered over from the News thread. We are also doing the party on the 3rd, dressing in Newsies costumes :)

We'll be at Movies our first night (31st) then moving on to Pop for a few nights.

I don't do character meets so I'm not too worried... I'm definitely feeling concerned about the weather forecast for next week though. It's looking pretty rainy, especially for Tuesday. :(
My guess...It will probably not rain the whole time. I have never experienced a party that it has rained the whole time.

Joining in!
Glad to see you have joined in for another one of my adventures! :)

I am planning my first ever solo trip, so I am looking forward to reading about your trip. I always feel like I am the one and only person alive who doesn’t love F&W!
Thank you for joining in! Solo trips are so much fun! At least...For me...I prefer going solo over going with other people. I enjoy the Food & Wine Festival, but the people at the festival last year really made begin to dislike it. Flower & Garden is definitely my favorite festival, but I still need to check out Festival of the Arts.

Wow! You have been super busy with these trips!!

I love that band as well. Have you seen the movie inspired by the song...or rather vice versa...the movie based on real life events that inspired the song?

I fly in on the 5th and am trying to decide if I should upgrade my hoppers to AP so I can go to Epcot and hear them! I wasn’t planning a park visit on my arrival day.
Thank you for joining in!

I have seen the movie...I have watched it several times now that I own it. Definitely a great movie! It is inspired by the true story of the lead singer of the band.

I'm currently scheduled to see the 5:30 p.m. show on the 5th. I have dining packages for both days.

How fun! Live, I love it! I wandered over from the News thread. We are also doing the party on the 3rd, dressing in Newsies costumes :)

We'll be at Movies our first night (31st) then moving on to Pop for a few nights.
Thank you for joining in!

Newsies costumes...That's awesome! Newsies is one of my favorite Disney musicals! :) I watch the Broadway Musical movie all the time!

Have a great trip! If you see me, make sure you say hi! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts