A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! Sept. 2018!*COMPLETED 1/26/19*

Despite me warning Zach about 5 times he would be confused he has watched the following Marvel movies in this order: Avengers, Guardians Vol 1, Captain America Civil War. I told him over and over-don’t watch Civil War yet, you’ll get confused! 30 minutes into him watching it, he texts me: You were right, I’m confused! :rolleyes2
Hey! You can add Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to the list! :D

It didn't help my friend only had a few DVD's that I could borrow and those happened to be the ones.

I loved the picture of Everest! The clouds look like they are mimicking the mountain, so cool. I saw your tip about F&W and I unfortunately will be going there on a Saturday (only day we could go on our trip and still have a chance for the top FPs) and I am praying its not as bad as I am expecting it to be!

Day 2: A Morning in the Animal Kingdom!

Hello everyone and welcome to day 2 of my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

I was ready for a great morning at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I would show up at the entrance at about 7:20 a.m. I was surprised that the line to get into the park wasn’t that bad. It was also an Extra Magic Hour morning.

A beautiful morning with the pack of humans getting ready to storm Pandora.

They would start walking us from the entrance of the park to inside Pandora at about 7:30 a.m. I found this strange since the park wasn’t supposed to open for 30 more minutes.

I would ask a Cast Member why they were opening Pandora so soon. The Cast member replied, “That is because we need to for safety reasons.” That basically means due to the mob of people rushing into the land each morning.

I was approx. within the first 30 people to get into the Flight of Passage queue.

I would be number 8 in the room. There is one question I have. That question is…Why am I always linked to a girl Avatar?

I would get off of Flight of Passage at 8:05 a.m.

I would then make my way to Expedition Everest!

I would get in the front row of Expedition Everest. This allowed me to get some great views at the top of the mountain before heading backwards towards an encounter with the Yeti.

After riding Expedition Everest, I would decide to leave Disney’s Animal Kingdom and head to EPCOT.

More in my next post!

Day 2: My First Day of the Food & Wine Festival!

It was time to experience my first day of the 2018 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival!

I would arrive at EPCOT and immediately get a picture of Spaceship Earth with the Festival decorations.

I would make my way towards the Land Pavilion along with a lot of people. It was time for me to take a flight on Soarin: Around the World!

I really miss the California version. I feel like I would enjoy Soarin: Around the World a lot more if there wasn’t a leaning Eiffel Tower and not as much CGI.

After taking a trip around the world, I would then sail through some green houses on Living With the Land!

I would then leave the Land Pavilion and make my way across Future World to use my first fastpass of the day at Mission Space! I would go on the green mission.

The EPCOT fountain is one of my favorite parts of this park.

It was time to try my first food items of the Food & Wine Festival!

I would make my way to the Next Eats area.

My first stop would be the Earth Eats Booth. This is where I would get the Smokehouse Blended Burger and the IMPOSSIBLE Burger Slider. Both of these cost $5.

The Smokehouse Blended Burger was very good. Definitely had the taste of the mushroom in the burger. I really enjoyed all of the ingredients put together. I definitely recommend getting this food item.

It was then time for my first IMPOSSIBLE Burger experience. It was definitely interesting. It definitely had a kick to it. Would I get this again? Yes I would. Now that I know what to expect in an IMPOSSIBLE Burger, I think I will enjoy it more the second time. I was actually nervous to try it the first time.

I would then make my way to Active Eats where I would get the Loaded Mac ’n’ Cheese for $5. This was one of my favorite food items at last years festival.

Still the same Mac ’n’ Cheese that I remember from last year, but I didn’t like it as much as the previous year. I can’t pinpoint why, but it just seemed like something was off. Maybe I had to much of one ingredient. This food item is definitely a must have at this festival though.

I would then go to Coastal Eats where I would get the Lump Crab Cake for $5.25.

The crab cake was just a basic crab cake. Definitely not worth the $5.25 in my opinion. It was still good, but I would have probably ended up getting a different food item if I had to choose between this or something else on that menu.

I would then make a short walk to the Cheese Studio. This is where I would try to food item I was looking forward to trying the most at this festival. That food item is the Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake for $4.50.

Out of all of the food items I got at this years festival, this is the best food item I had. It definitely didn’t disappoint! The cheesecake was great, and I could definitely taste the maple. This food item is a must at this years festival! Well worth the money!

It was then time for me to use my second fastpass of the day at Spaceship Earth!

Going to the future was fun! Even if I was alone…

I would then have a fastpass for Test Track, but a storm was getting close. So, the ride would close while I was in line. I decided to leave the line and make my way around World Showcase before the storm approached. I would get a recovery fastpass that I would end up not using.

Here are some of the Food & Wine Festival decorations.

I would make my way to the Almond Orchard Booth to get the Almond Breeze Strawberry Smoothie for $4.50. I don’t drink alcohol so this was one of the non-alcoholic drink options. I remember this option from last years festival, and I really enjoyed this drink a lot then.

This is definitely a great non-alcoholic beverage. However, I didn’t like it as much this year, because I couldn’t drink it with a straw since Disney isn’t giving out straws anymore.

I would make my way into the American Adventure Pavilion to listen to several performances by the Voices of Liberty.

In the middle of the afternoon, it was time for leave EPCOT and make my way to the Magic Kingdom. I had a ticket for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! As you can see in this picture, it was raining. Out of the 3 previous Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties I have been to, it has rained for several hours. Did it rain during the party this evening, stay tuned to find out. :)

I would board the EPCOT Monorail and the Express Monorail.

I was off to the Magic Kingdom!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Seize the Day!”

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing “Seize the Day” from Disney’s hit Broadway Musical, Newsies! What is actually funny about them singing this song is I was in the front row wearing a Newsies on Broadway shirt. I didn’t even request this song, and it just happened! :)

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “Seize the Day!”

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

I loved the picture of Everest! The clouds look like they are mimicking the mountain, so cool. I saw your tip about F&W and I unfortunately will be going there on a Saturday (only day we could go on our trip and still have a chance for the top FPs) and I am praying its not as bad as I am expecting it to be!
Thank you! It's always interesting how the clouds sometimes gives a picture that you've taken several times a different perspective.

I posted my experience, but you might have a totally different experience. Don't go in thinking that it's going to be bad. If you don't go in thinking that, you might not even notice it. I hope that you enjoy this years Food & Wine Festival! There are definitely some great options! :)

I love the banter between you long time disboard friends. And who has time for Marvel movies when he’s at a Disney park every other week?!:thumbsup2

If you have followed me on previous trip reports, you know that I always like to go to my favorite Disney Theme Park first. That is Disney’s Animal Kingdom!!!

my first fastpass.... Na’vi River Journey about 5 seconds past the 15 minute grace period mark. The Cast Member told me, “You barely missed it. Go ahead.” I was very grateful.

It was time for lunch at Satuli Canteen!

After a quick lunch, I would make my way toward Africa!

It was time to see my favorite Theme Park show which is Festival of the Lion King!!! :)

It was time for my third fastpass of the day. That was for Expedition Everest which is my favorite rollercoaster on Walt Disney World property!

Ghirardelli exhibit to see the displays they made out of chocolate.

Toy Story display:

I want to say this is a Black Panther display (Haven’t seen the movie. Please tell me if I’m right or wrong):

Headless Horseman Display:

Coco Display:

Polynesian Display:

Cheetah Display:

All of these displays were made with chocolate, but they did have some “actual” things in some of them to help decorate it.

It was then time to leave EPCOT and grab dinner at one of my favorite Disney Resorts!

More in my next post!

Great start to the trip! You made Na’vi just in time! Whew. A little Disney pixie dust. I got to try Satu’li on my solo trip. Delicious!

AK has become my kids’ favorite park the last couple of trips. I was sooo glad you had mentioned FotLK in your last trip report b/c I made a point to see it on my recent trip. I forgot how fabulous it was!!! Soooo glad I carved out time due to reading your report. :goodvibes

I missed Everest, though. Just ran out of time on my very short trip.

And...How did I miss those chocolate displays at F&W?! Marvelous! Now I will just have to schedule another trip next year to take in details like that.

Thanks again for sharing!

I love the banter between you long time disboard friends. And who has time for Marvel movies when he’s at a Disney park every other week?!:thumbsup2

Great start to the trip! You made Na’vi just in time! Whew. A little Disney pixie dust. I got to try Satu’li on my solo trip. Delicious!

AK has become my kids’ favorite park the last couple of trips. I was sooo glad you had mentioned FotLK in your last trip report b/c I made a point to see it on my recent trip. I forgot how fabulous it was!!! Soooo glad I carved out time due to reading your report. :goodvibes

I missed Everest, though. Just ran out of time on my very short trip.

And...How did I miss those chocolate displays at F&W?! Marvelous! Now I will just have to schedule another trip next year to take in details like that.

Thanks again for sharing!

- LOL! I have made some awesome friends through this community! :) ...About the trips...I have a much bigger reason for going back so soon that will be shared at a later time.

- Definitely a close call at Na'vi...A little too close for comfort though.

- Satuli Canteen is arguably my favorite Disney Theme Park QS location on property.

- Festival of the Lion King > any other Theme Park show in the world in my opinion! :) I absolutely love that show!

- Aww...You missed the best rollercoaster on property (again...my opinion lol).

- The chocolate displays are definitely "hidden" inside the Festival Center. They are really cool to see.

Reactions: GAN
Great morning at AK! They routinely open Pandora early. I’m also pretty sure the avatar linking it random. So you are just unlucky maybe?

I am very excited for my first food and wine experience. I have heard a lot about the impossible burger so I think I’ll have to give it a try.

Great morning at AK! They routinely open Pandora early. I’m also pretty sure the avatar linking it random. So you are just unlucky maybe?

I am very excited for my first food and wine experience. I have heard a lot about the impossible burger so I think I’ll have to give it a try.
- Yeah. I've been to Animal Kingdom early on many occasions to find Pandora already open. I just never really knew why. I just figured it was to get a head start on the popular attractions of the park.

- Well, I have started asking for seats 8 or 9 to make the screen in the center. As a solo traveler, I would usually always be placed at 1 or 16 which made the screen look off-center with the movements from where I was sitting. It definitely bothers me. Ever since I have been standing in spots 8 or 9, I have always gotten the same Avatar. So, I think it is "random" because most people wouldn't stand in the same spot every time. Also, I noticed the Avatar faces are the same on both sides from each other. So, 8 and 9 have the same Avatar face, etc.

- The Impossible Burger is definitely good especially if you like a little bit of heat.

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing “Seize the Day” from Disney’s hit Broadway Musical, Newsies! What is actually funny about them singing this song is I was in the front row wearing a Newsies on Broadway shirt. I didn’t even request this song, and it just happened!
Love Newsies! I still love the original movie and every time I hear the Broadway versions it's a bit weird because they are slightly different! So it's like, I'm getting ready for one thing and then another thing happens!

It might be difficult to see, but in the center of this photo is the Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort, and Grand Floridian Resort
Ah I love it when you can see the World from a plane :D

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing “Seize the Day” from Disney’s hit Broadway Musical, Newsies!
Oh man I can't wait to listen to this after work! I love Newsies!

I'm a few days late but I'm excited to read about your trip!

Thanks for posting the video - my daughter is a big fan of both Newsies and Voices of Liberty.
You are welcome! :) I'm also a big fan of both of them. Stay tuned for more Voices of Liberty videos! :)

Love Newsies! I still love the original movie and every time I hear the Broadway versions it's a bit weird because they are slightly different! So it's like, I'm getting ready for one thing and then another thing happens!
I like the movie, but my first introduction to Newsies was the Broadway show. So, I feel like I enjoy the Broadway show a little more. It doesn't help that Jeremy Jordan's "Santa Fe" rif is my text tone and "Seize the Day" is my ringtone lol. :D I understand how the versions are different though.

Ah I love it when you can see the World from a plane :D

Oh man I can't wait to listen to this after work! I love Newsies!

I'm a few days late but I'm excited to read about your trip!
- It was really cool to pinpoint one of my favorite places on this planet from the plane. :)

- This is a great arrangement, and the soloist was awesome! :)

Day 2: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of my updates from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! I didn’t plan it this way, but I have 13 separate updates coming to you from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

I would attend the Halloween Party on September 3rd (Labor Day).

It wasn’t quite 4 p.m. yet, and I had some things to do. So, I elected to enter the Magic Kingdom (I have an annual pass) and not wait in the Halloween Party ticket crowds.

I love the pumpkin Mickey heads.

I’m assuming due to the weather that rolled through a little earlier, a lot of people left the Magic Kingdom. It was really easy to walk down Main Street.

I would make my way into Tomorrowland.

I would have a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear so I made my way to that attraction.

I prefer the Disneyland version over the Walt Disney World version mostly because I can get a much higher score at Disneyland. I blame it on not being able to hold the “gun.” I just can’t aim right with the gun bolted to the car.

I was then able to get a fastpass for Space Mountain pretty soon after my Buzz Lightyear fastpass. So, I decided to ride that attraction so I can compare the normal ride pretty well to the “overlay” that happens when the Halloween Party begins.

After riding Space Mountain, I would make my way through the exit where I would wait to get a good picture of the Walt Disney World Railroad!

It was then past 4 p.m. so I made my way to the Tomorrowland wristband distribution for the Halloween Party.

After getting my wristband, I would ride the PeopleMover! :)

After my “10 minutes of rest,” I would then make my way to Peter Pan which is an attraction I was able to get a fastpass for.

I decided to make my way to Storybook Circus. That is because I wanted to pick up some of the Halloween Party merchandise. There was no line when I was there, and I would pick up 2 of the Halloween Party pins. I am a huge pin collector.

After picking up some merchandise, I would catch the Walt Disney World Railroad and take the train to Frontierland!

My final fastpass that I was able to get for the evening was for Big Thunder Railroad!

At this point, it was now after 6 p.m. The park closed to park guests at 6 p.m, but would remain open to those with party wristbands. The Party wouldn’t officially begin until 7 p.m.

So, I would decide to have dinner at Columbia Harbor House which is my favorite quick service location in the Magic Kingdom.

More in my next post!

Day 2: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Part 2!

After dinner, I was able to spend some time on Main Street getting pictures of the decorations. I also got to take a picture with a very special mouse. :)

I would make my way to the Main Street Theater and take a picture with Mickey Mouse in his Halloween Outfit. I would wait about 20 minutes for this photo.

After getting a nice picture with Mickey, I was now able to take pictures of Town Square decorations.

Main Street Train Station decorations:

City Hall decorations:

It was now about 6:50 p.m, and I decided I would make my way to one of the meet & greet photos that I was wanting to get.

I would make my way to Adventureland and get a picture with Jafar right when the party began at 7 p.m. I was 3rd in line.

It was then time to start making my way around the park and getting some candy at the treat locations. I would start at the Jungle Cruise location.

It was now time to see the new aspects of the Pirates of the Caribbean queue and attraction. That is they added 2 live actors to the queue, as well as, a live actor inside the attraction.

I miss the old Auction scene. :(

I would find Gunpowder Pete!

I would find the live actors to be interesting but odd at the same time. It just felt strange to have a live actor amongst a bunch of animatronics.

It was then time to explorer some more candy locations. I would find it interesting that Disney was setting off smoke from Tom Sawyer Island. I wish I saw this more in the evening though.

I would eventually find myself in Fantasyland and at the Mickey’s Philharmagic Trick-or-Treat location. I really like this location because they show Halloween Disney movies throughout the evening.

I would then have more trick-or-treat locations to go to before making my way to experience the new lighting effects on the Mad Tea Party!

I found the new lighting effects to be really cool. I wish they did this lighting every night instead of just the party.

It was then time to hit another trick-or-treat location before making my way to Space Mountain. It was time to ride this attraction with the entire attraction in complete darkness!

I thought this was really cool! I don’t like the Walt Disney World Space Mountain and this was a lot scarier than the normal attraction. It was scarier to the point that made me begin to like it. I actually wanted to ride it again, but I never made my way back to Space Mountain.
Definitely the best overlay of the Halloween Party!

There was a trick-or-treat location in the exit of Space Mountain which was surprising.

I would hit the Tomorrowland trick-or-treat locations before making my way to Main Street to catch a spot for the parade.

At this point, I had hit every trick-or-treat location and every ride overlay before the first parade. I was booking it during the evening, but it made it nice to take the rest of the evening at a slower pace.

As I was on Main Street looking for a spot, I heard that the Headless Horseman was on its way. So, I stopped to see him before making my way further down Main Street

I really like the lighting on Main Street during the Halloween Party!

I would find a spot on Main Street and would have a 10 minute wait before the parade arrived.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Mad Tea Party Halloween Party Lighting!

Here is a video of the new lighting for the Mad Tea Party attraction during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

MNSSHP - Mad Tea Party Lighting!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

I really like the lighting on Main Street during the Halloween Party!

You seriously need to get out to the Disneyland Halloween Party one day. The whole Rivers of America is full of smoke and the Cadaver Dans float by on the rafts. Then a continuous projection/music show on the castle, plus the Main Street facades. And IMHO, Halloween Screams completely beats Hallowishes!

Though I guess now that they are probably going to move over to DCA, you lost your chance!

You seriously need to get out to the Disneyland Halloween Party one day. The whole Rivers of America is full of smoke and the Cadaver Dans float by on the rafts. Then a continuous projection/music show on the castle, plus the Main Street facades. And IMHO, Halloween Screams completely beats Hallowishes!

Though I guess now that they are probably going to move over to DCA, you lost your chance!
I really want to. I remember attending Disneyland on Halloween years ago when they didn't have the parties and seeing Halloween Screams. I agree that it's a better show, but the 180-degree finale from HalloWishes is amazing. There is nothing like seeing Zero fly though.

Maybe with the party going to DCA, maybe Halloween Screams becomes the nightly firework show like Believe...In Holiday Magic.

We really liked the lights and smoke on the tea party! I was to scared to try Space Mountain!
You got quite a few things done before the first parade. I love this parade, it is my favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter