A Solo Trip: “I Can Only Imagine” A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! Sept. 2018!*COMPLETED 1/26/19*

All-Star Movies Overview - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to my overview of the All-Star Movies Resort! I will be giving you a look into the guest room I stayed in, as well as, different areas of the resort.

The first place you see after getting off of the Magical Express bus or your car is the check-in area.

As soon as you check-in for your resort, you might get lucky and have your guest room ready. So, it would then be time to head into the different areas of the resort to see where your Resort guest room is.

My guest room on this stay would be in the Toy Story Section of All-Star Movies.

The Toy Story Section of this resort was recently updated with a new style of guest room. That is the main reason why I wanted this area, and my request was granted.

I would enter the room and my first thought was very modern, clean, and nice.

There’s a table, chairs, and this part of the room also turns into a murphy bed. So, you can have a second bed. There are also some end tables for the murphy bed just incase you use it.

The bed in the guest room was a good size and comfortable.

One of my favorite parts about this room was the size of the television. Definitely surprising since it is an All-Star Resort. The dresser was nice, but the drawers had a hard time staying closed once you put stuff in them.

The view of the room from the bed towards the doorway.

There is a nice sized fridge in this area, as well as, an area to prepare a light breakfast if you have supplies.

I really liked the star with a movie camera on the floor of the room.

The picture above the bed was really nice. However, it was the new Disney character style which I’m not a total fan of.

Now it is time to look at the restroom!

There was a nice sink in the bathroom area. Definitely a good size as well. The counter had plenty of space to put everything.

There are some open cabinets to the left of the sink.

There is also some open cabinets below the counter to the left.

A small open closet is int his area as well.

The restroom part is nice. There is a toilet and a shower/bath.

The shower has the locked H2O products.

The T.V. was definitely a great size to watch my favorite baseball team, the LA Angels!

The room also had plenty of outlets for all of your electronic devices.

My thoughts on the new rooms…I really enjoyed this room a lot. It felt modern, but it still had small little touches of Disney in the room that made you feel like you were at a Disney Theme Park. I haven’t experienced these rooms with the murphy bed, but I thought these rooms were really open. I would definitely stay at this resort again if I was able to get a refurbished room.

Here is a look at the Toy Story Section of All Star Movies:

There is a giant Buzz Lightyear!

These blocks spell out Buzz which I thought was cute.

Larger than life checkers set.

I found Rex and Bo Peep!

There is a giant door that gives you the feeling of walking into Andy’s Room. Definitely a neat touch.

These blocks spell out Woody.

A giant Woody!!!

The sides of the buildings have clouds and space planets.

There is also an RC in the middle of the road!

The stairs in this area are are surrounded like you are in a bucket filled with soldiers.

Overall, I really liked staying in the Toy Story Section. It is very close to the main building which helped if I wanted to get a snack quickly or needed to get to a bus quickly.

I did have one negative of staying in the Toy Story Section. That is there is a smoking section in-between the main building and the Toy Story Section right on the path. So, every time I went to my room, I had to breathe in smoke or hold my breath.

More in my next post!

All-Star Movies Overview - Part 2!

Here is a look at the many other different areas of All-Star Movies!

The main pool is themed like it is from Fantasia with Sorcerer Mickey in the pool area.

With the pool being themed around Sorcerer Mickey, it is fitting that the area around the pool is themed to the movie Fantasia!

Love these statues that can be found in this area.

Another area of the resort is themed around Herbie.

Another area of this resort is themed around 101 Dalmatians! I found this area to be very cute.

Now it is time for my favorite area of this resort. As an Anaheim Ducks hockey fan, they have an area themed around the Mighty Ducks movies. This area has a hockey pool.

The main area of this resort is where they have the food court, merchandise location, and the check-in location.

There are pictures of different movies along the hallway in this building. You can also spot Walt Disney in one of the pictures.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at All-Star Movies. I think I enjoy All-Star Music a little more, but I can be a little biased since I’m a musician. The renovated room was absolutely awesome. I really like what Disney did with the rooms. I really enjoy the theming of this resort. Out of all of the All-Star Resorts, this one definitely gives you the biggest feeling of being on Disney property.

Stay tuned for my conclusion of this Trip Report coming very soon!

Conclusion!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my conclusion of this Trip Report!

This trip was filled with many highlights. There were a few negatives, but I’m happy that the positives definitely outweigh the negatives for this trip.

Let's take a look at some of the many highlights from this trip!

HIGHLIGHTS:

My first highlight of this trip was staying at All-Star Movies for the first time, as well as, having a renovated room! I really enjoyed this room a lot!

Another highlight was attending the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. I am saying this is a highlight if you attend on a weekday only.

My favorite dish at this years Food & Wine Festival was Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake. Absolutely delicious!

The highlight of every trip to Walt Disney World for me is seeing many performances of the Voices of Liberty at EPCOT.

One of the main reasons for this trip and another highlight was seeing one of my favorite bands perform at EPCOT. That band is MercyMe!

Another highlight of this trip was being able to attend one of the Annual Pass Mornings at Toy Story Land! It was so much fun getting to experience this brand new land with walk-ons for every attraction and meet & greets!

The final highlight for this trip will be attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party with seeing the parade and the awesome fireworks show!

Now that these were the highlights. Let me explain a few negatives that I had.

NEGATIVES:

Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Nine Dragons with the Eat to the Beat Dining Package. This package included dessert. The dessert that I had at this location was not good. It was practically frozen while I was eating it, and I just gave up. Do not get the Chinese Ginger Cake if you eat here!

There is only one more negative that I can think of. Even if I included this event as a highlight, I think I need to make sure that I say that the crowds at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party were insane. Even if I got everything done that I wanted to at this party, the lines for the trick-or-treat locations were the longest I have seen in the many parties I had attended. We might be close to saying that this party will only be worth it if you can attend two parties. It’s just getting that crowded.

This trip to Walt Disney World was definitely worth it, and I was happy that I really didn’t experience any negatives like I had on my previous trip.

I would like to thank all of you for following along and reading this trip report. It’s great to have so many of you telling me that I have helped you plan your future trips and helped you find things that you would not have thought about doing until reading my trip report. It really means a lot to have many dedicated readers! So, thank you very much!

If you have any questions about this trip, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and Aulani, feel free to message me at any time. I would be happy to answer any questions.

So, in the words of Mickey Mouse…
"See Ya’ Real Soon!"

VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Seize the Day!”

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing “Seize the Day” from Disney’s hit Broadway Musical, Newsies! What is actually funny about them singing this song is I was in the front row wearing a Newsies on Broadway shirt. I didn’t even request this song, and it just happened! :)

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “Seize the Day!”

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!
Hi, Zach! We were at WDW a few weeks after you last fall. I apologize for jumping in here a year later, but I'm just reliving our magic through your trip report. We also share a LOVE for musical theater and the Voices of Liberty! The first time we heard Seize the Day was about 4 years ago by the VoL, and it started our obsession with the Newsies musical. (Unrelated, but we saw Ben Tyler Cook -- who played Race -- in Mean Girls on Broadway this past spring. :love:) I work for a professional theater & I can't even tell you the number of times we saw the show during its 8-week run when we produced it last winter. There are several musicals that I love enough to watch repeatedly, but Newsies is definitely in my top favorites. When we were at WDW last fall, we watched the VoL about 6 times on various days. They are SO incredible! My daughter requested Seize the Day & told them about how it jump started our love for Newsies. She was VERY excited when they did that one for her in the next set. Also, I'm a huge MercyMe fan. I did see them in concert a few years ago, but seeing one of my favorite bands in one of my favorite places? That would be amazing! So, anyway, love your trip report. Thanks for bringing back some great fall memories from our most recent trip and now I'll be humming Newsies all day. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter