A Sibling Trip- 5 days at Disney!

ashmarie06

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone! Ashley Here! I just returned from The MOST Magical Place on earth Tuesday 6/23/15, and I figured now is a great time to do a quick trip report!:)

The Who:
This Trip was a 16th Birthday gift from me to my Little brother Aaron. His Birthday was in November, but June was the earliest we were able to go!

When:
A Short Trip- Thursday June 18th- Tuesday June 23rd

Where:
All Star Sports Resort

Attachments

• disney 1.jpg
    disney 1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
Travel Day!

I had originally took this day off of work- but our flight didn't leave Cincinnati until 5:50pm- So I worked from home most of the morning. I was cat-sitting for a family friend- so I finally left my apartment around 1:00pm to go check on the cats and head to my parents house. Once there, our mom whisked us away to the Cincinnati Airport way early. She was a nervous wreck about the two of us going alone (mind you, i'm 27) and said getting us to the airport early would help her anxiety!

So we were checked in and ready to go at 2:30pm for our 5:50 Flight. We decided to get some food at the airport at a place called Sam Adams. I had the Mushroom Chicken Sandwich, no bread and my brother had the BBQ Chicken and Mashed Potatoes. (Side Note: I am 3 months Post op Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy and i'm down 60 lbs so if anyone has any questions regarding that or how I managed to eat in Disney just let me know)

We were waiting at our terminal, and boarded our flight at 5:25pm!

We touched down in Orlando about 7:45 PM and made our way to the DME. We were on the DME for 45 minutes before it finally left. We got to our resort around 9:25pm, and were able to go straight to our room without checking in, we were nowhere near the spot we requested, but our room ended up being awesome anyways!

Magic Kingdom was open until 12am this night, so we debated going there for a couple of hours. But by the time we made it to our resort, we were pooped! We headed down to the Food Court for dinner. I had the Angus burger no bun, with cheese and mushrooms and Aaron had the Salmon and mashed potato dinner- which he said was awesome!

We were both in bed by midnight ready for our first full day in the Parks!

Next up:
DHS, Pizza Planet , and 50's Prime time!

I apologize in advance, this won't have many pictures! :)

Attachments

• Disney 2.jpg
    Disney 2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter