A short vent by my family's official planner AKA me

Yikes you win, while they whine and fight the whole time, I found our they do go home and brag about what an incredible time they had.

My family mostly says thank you after our trips too. Although sometimes my husband tries to offer "helpful feedback" on what I can do differently the next time I am planning trip with no help from anyone including him. At least he doesn't perform a play about it, I guess.

My family mostly says thank you after our trips too. Although sometimes my husband tries to offer "helpful feedback" on what I can do differently the next time I am planning trip with no help from anyone including him. At least he doesn't perform a play about it, I guess.
You might try my new strategy. I inform everyone of the restaurants at about 210 days out. If I hear nothing I make ADR's at 180. My daughters relatives all like to sleep in late while we are rope drop to park close people. I make all fast passes for 11:00 or later (and I give them a chance to pick rides). They know when the fast passes are and where the meals are. If you show up for the rides fine, if you want to sleep fine. The same goes for meals if you show up I pay, if you don't your on your own. Now even with all this planning ahead of time and giving everyone printed copies of everything at 50 days out I got some whining (but a whole lot less).

I, too, feel your pain. I no longer plan trips for others unless those others are under age and in my control. I remember one trip where a family member was hesitant to go and would only go if I promised he would have a great time. In my exuberance I told him I promised. The whole trip he would taunt me saying "I'm not having fun right now. Do something." I was really over him and after a couple of days I let him have it. Unfortunately, it soured our relationship and we have never really recovered from it. I decided then and there I would never put myself in the position of being responsible for another adult's happiness. They can choose to have a good time..... or not. Its up to them. I have also had occasions where the idea of Disney sounds good, but the reality is a totally different thing. We had a trip with friends who swore they wanted to do rope drop every morning and hang with us the whole day. I believe their intentions were right. The reality was that their entire family needed a LOT more sleep and had a lot less stamina than mine. By the 3rd day they were sleeping in until 10am and going back to the hotel right after dinner. Later the Mom told me that Disney was absolutely overwhelming for them and they had no idea how tiring it would be. They were used to beach vacations where they just sat around all day.

I planned a trip with my mom, sister, and her kids. My husband ended up going off on my sister and now we will never stay together in a 2BR. She was complaining about passes. When I planned everything, they saw WAY more than they thought, plus we also had a DAS so they got to utilize that with us. Ungrateful ...

HOpe it works out with your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter