A Short Trip to WDW - UPDATE - DVC Decision Made (May, 2012)

Thank you, nickspace, ccigliano, Leitadala, and DizBub. It was nice of you to comment.

Everything is going smoothly with our process so far. It's been sent to ROFR, and the sellers responded quickly to our request to bank the 2011 points - which hopefully bodes well for all of us wrt quick paperwork as we move through the process. It's now in the hands of Disney.

The contract we are working on is Dec UY, 160 pts with 24 2010 banked points, 160 x 2011 points (to be banked by seller), and all 160 pts going forward. We are paying $65 /pt, and all closing costs and MF.

DH thinks we will lose the 24 2010 pts - but I somehow think I'll be able to convince him a short November trip is in order, even if I go by myself ;)

Great trip report. I glad you bought DVC, and I totally agree with your decision to go resale. We've love VWL too so I understand the attraction there. Hope your contract goes through ROFR quickly, so we can welcome you home soon. And good luck finding the perfect BCV contract too.

I enjoyed your trip report and beautiful pictures so much! Congrats on finding a contract that works so well for you-hopefully a BCV resale will catch your eye soon. As far as using points to cruise-the advice from many on these boards has been to rent your points (either yourself or through a broker) and pay cash. We had points to burn in 2010 so booked a cruise with points for this past November. I don't regret it-but would like to take our DD, her husband and our grandson on a cruise when DGs is a little older and we'll try going that route.

Great trip report. I glad you bought DVC, and I totally agree with your decision to go resale. We've love VWL too so I understand the attraction there. Hope your contract goes through ROFR quickly, so we can welcome you home soon. And good luck finding the perfect BCV contract too.

I enjoyed your trip report and beautiful pictures so much! Congrats on finding a contract that works so well for you-hopefully a BCV resale will catch your eye soon. As far as using points to cruise-the advice from many on these boards has been to rent your points (either yourself or through a broker) and pay cash. We had points to burn in 2010 so booked a cruise with points for this past November. I don't regret it-but would like to take our DD, her husband and our grandson on a cruise when DGs is a little older and we'll try going that route.

Thanks for your comments on my little TR. Hoping to get a chance to get back to Disney and take some more photos once we are DVC owners.

Things seem to be progressing well with our VWL contract, but another few weeks for ROFR and then we'll go from there. I did want to report a discussion with my husband this evening. His question, "Did you buy the points at Beach Club Yet?". He then went on to outline all the reasons it made sense to have points at VWL and BCV. This is very funny, since I really thought he agreed to the purchase just to shut me up. He then added, "And, we are doing this for our enjoyment - if the kids can come when we want to go, fine - but don't rearrange our plans for them!". :rotfl2: note - he's very generous with the kids, just not wanting to wait around for them to commit ;)

You really worked some magic with those photos! I have neither the skill nor the patience to take those kinds of pics so good for you.

Your DH sounds like mine - he never really lets on about his enjoyment of things until he hits you with a whammy, like let's buy DVC ;)

Seems like he has been bitten by the bug. I'm glad for you.

Terri

Sharon, your pictures of the Boardwalk are what I would have wanted mine to look like - they are absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations on your new VWL contract! I'm a brand new owner, too and can't wait for a visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts