A short sad story for you......

Missec

Mouseketeer
Back in 1999 my mother was super ill, there was no Doctor in the United States or Mexico or Canada that knew what was wrong with her. All of her mucles stopped working (started in her feet and worked its way up.) A friend of the Family gave mom and dad a van so that she could go see the doctors that didnt know what was wrong. Another friend gave her a motorized wheelchair. When she got this chair the first thing out of her mouth was I want to go to Animal Kingdom and ride the Safari.

That very weekend we took her. The CM's said there is no room for that chair on this ride and if she still wants to ride she will have to get into the truck. Well Dad and I picked her up and put her into it, She was smiling for the first time in almost 2 years. She was having the time of her life. We saw everything that Animal Kingdom had to offer. Two days after this, She passed away. I miss her.

Everyone at the Animal Kingdom made her feel special even though you could tell she was in pain. Disney went above and beond to make her happy and I am glad they did. Cause now I can look back at the pictures and smile myself.

Found out 6 months after she passed that she had the rarest form of Parkens.

Bless you. I am so happy that your family and this special experience with your mom before her passing :grouphug: My prayers are with you...

It is a very sad story, I am so sorry you lost your Mom, but knowing that you cared loved her so much to take her to the place she wanted to go made it happy.

I'm glad she enjoyed those moments at DAK and on the Safari :)

That made me tear up. Im glad you guys were able to share that moment and she was able to be in the best place on earth with her loved ones.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Mother. you will always be glad you took the extra steps to give her the wish she wanted before she died.

I am sooo sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing though, it is so touching how good friends and even strangers can be to each other in their time of need! It is rare to hear nowadays.

Thank you so much for sharing your very touching story. My Mom has PD also with virtually no mobility. I wish to take her to Epcot one more time, but have to figure out my plan first. Thanks again for sharing! :grouphug:

That is such a touchng story...I am so gald she was able to experience something that made her so very happy. Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter