A Sept 2018 TR...or that trip where nothing went as planned Completed 11/9

That's kind of a bummer about Miles' haircut! I bet if you go like very first thing in the morning it's better. I imagine that that woman that came in while you were there wasn't the only tornado they dealt with that day (and I also imagine that multiple tornadoes of a similar sort are experienced every day!) If you try for it again next year, try and go right when they open and see if the experience is better. And I definitely don't think that it being later in the day is a justification for "barely above hostile!" That's a shame too, because he looks friendly (and cute!) in the pics!

Also, while I'm thinking about - and this goes back a few posts - thank you for sharing pictures of Emma with us. My cousin's best friend passed away two years ago this September, and she was only 24. They knew each other since they were 2 years old so she was part of our family and it's just an awful to go through. :hug: I love the idea of making a lanyard for Emma that Ashlyn gets to be in charge of - that is such a beautiful way to remember her. If you're ever looking for something creative to do with the pins, besides keeping them on a lanyard, you can always get a picture of Emma and attach the pins to a photo mat around it, then frame it. We used to keep all of our pins on lanyards and that got really overwhelming (plus they kept falling off), but they look awesome in a frame with a picture!

Ugh and poor Ashlyn! I broke my arm in 3 places when I was in 3rd grade - my brother pushed me face first off of a top bunk bed and I hit the floor square on my arm. I literally feel her pain! Tell her I hope she gets better soon!

I was so bummed to hear about the Backyard BBQ! I was going to book it for me and my husband for next year but I guess not! I always look forward to trying new things but then Disney makes NEW new things before I can get to the OLD new things! :rotfl2:

Poor Ashlyn. I hope she heals quickly.
Miles is adorable. I love his first haircut, bummer it wasn't as special as it should be...
Love all the pics with Mickey and the gang!

Thank you for sharing your review of the BBQ, it's actually the first one I've ever read! The character costumes (and your pictures) are adorable. Definitely a shame they're doing away with this because it is popular; I will say that in a couple years when Miles is older you should try the HDDR; it's awesome!

It was 4PM, and people were lining up to enter for the MNSSHP that night. The costumes were AMAZING! Seriously, some people are so clever (and I am not).
I am shocked every time we go at how creative people get! I've never done more than a Hallween t-shirt lol, that's the limit of my imagination :laughing:

There was a guy at the table next to us who drank 12 beers just in the short amount of time while we waited for the characters. We were seriously cracking up. He was laughing, too, making a big deal about it. He said he was getting his money's worth. (For the record, I'm not sure that's the wisest thing to do in public, but whatever! hee hee)
Um, I appreciate the all you care to drink option and support taking advantage of it, but 12? I would never make it! Nor would I attempt it at Disney!! But hey if he had fun and was still standing :dancer:

That's kind of a bummer about Miles' haircut! I bet if you go like very first thing in the morning it's better. I imagine that that woman that came in while you were there wasn't the only tornado they dealt with that day (and I also imagine that multiple tornadoes of a similar sort are experienced every day!) If you try for it again next year, try and go right when they open and see if the experience is better. And I definitely don't think that it being later in the day is a justification for "barely above hostile!" That's a shame too, because he looks friendly (and cute!) in the pics!

Also, while I'm thinking about - and this goes back a few posts - thank you for sharing pictures of Emma with us. My cousin's best friend passed away two years ago this September, and she was only 24. They knew each other since they were 2 years old so she was part of our family and it's just an awful to go through. :hug: I love the idea of making a lanyard for Emma that Ashlyn gets to be in charge of - that is such a beautiful way to remember her. If you're ever looking for something creative to do with the pins, besides keeping them on a lanyard, you can always get a picture of Emma and attach the pins to a photo mat around it, then frame it. We used to keep all of our pins on lanyards and that got really overwhelming (plus they kept falling off), but they look awesome in a frame with a picture!

Ugh and poor Ashlyn! I broke my arm in 3 places when I was in 3rd grade - my brother pushed me face first off of a top bunk bed and I hit the floor square on my arm. I literally feel her pain! Tell her I hope she gets better soon!

I was so bummed to hear about the Backyard BBQ! I was going to book it for me and my husband for next year but I guess not! I always look forward to trying new things but then Disney makes NEW new things before I can get to the OLD new things! :rotfl2:

You're right, a morning appointment would probably be better. I agree--I bet they have to put up with all kinds of crazy!

Poor Ashlyn. I hope she heals quickly.
Miles is adorable. I love his first haircut, bummer it wasn't as special as it should be...
Love all the pics with Mickey and the gang!

Thank you! Ashlyn is finally in a cast and doing good :).

Thank you for sharing your review of the BBQ, it's actually the first one I've ever read! The character costumes (and your pictures) are adorable. Definitely a shame they're doing away with this because it is popular; I will say that in a couple years when Miles is older you should try the HDDR; it's awesome!

I am shocked every time we go at how creative people get! I've never done more than a Hallween t-shirt lol, that's the limit of my imagination :laughing:

Um, I appreciate the all you care to drink option and support taking advantage of it, but 12? I would never make it! Nor would I attempt it at Disney!! But hey if he had fun and was still standing :dancer:

He was definitely still standing at the end of the night, and not disruptive at all, so... :rotfl:

Man, I have been wanting to do the Backyard Bar B Que. Looked so fun!!!

It really was fun!

I am not either. I always see awsome ideas and jsut htink, why didn't I think of that.

It's the best! It's right there. It is fantastic!

I mean I get getting your money's worth but that is a lot of beer! I am surprised they served him that many.

Coordinating tshirts is hard enough for me, I don't think I could put together such elaborate costumes!

Oh no! That's the worst, when you find something you love and then it goes away. :(

I *loved* seeing all the costumes--you're so right about some people being so clever. Way more clever than me. But I loved watching them :)

LOL hopefully he was good for the rest of the time!

aw! Cute!

What a great interaction! That's awesome :)

:rotfl2: a girl after my own heart!!

Oh my gosh that's adorable! How sweet!:tinker: even if you can't upload the videos, but that's so great that you got them on video. All your pictures--even without video--are so cute! You guys look like you're just having the time of your lives. Love it.

YAY! What a fantastic day--especially the BBQ with all those cute interactions. I'm so glad it was amazing!

It is our best memory from the trip. Definitely glad we picked that one!

We are staying at The Wilderness Lodge next September for our anniversary trip. It's one of my dream resorts.

I was sad to hear they are cancelling this show. We never did it but was considering it for this time.

I hope to stay at WL someday!

I read they are possibly going to bring the backyard BBQ back at another location after the new River Country resort is built, but that could be years of course.

Well, I hope they do bring it back. If they do, we would do it again :).

Our Last Day
Epcot
I've fallen off the face of the earth! At least, that's how it feels. It's been soooo busy the last few weeks, I've been finishing up my latest novel, Ashlyn's arm injury has meant extra doctor visits, and she had a school science fair this week. But mostly, I think I've been avoiding writing about our last day because it makes me sad :guilty:.

On our last morning, we took our time getting ready and getting our stuff down to airline check in. In spite of reports I'd seen on these boards, we did not have any Mousekeeping CM's knocking on our door to see when we'd be leaving. We went down at 9:45'ish, I think? My sister and her family came down just a few minutes after us, and there was a bit of a wait to check in. Once we finished that, my sister and her family hopped on a bus to Disney Springs.

Honestly, Micheal didn't want to go anywhere. If it would have just been the two of us and Ashlyn, we probably would have hung around hte Boardwalk. But, with Miles we really need to stay kind of active. So (much to my delight) we headed into Epcot. There was absolutely no wait at the IG, and Micheal was hungry so we went to the France pavillion. He got breakfast and Ashlyn and I took some PP pictures.

EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_20180908_413240847427.jpg

We looked for pressed penny machines which we did not find, but we did find the Agent P clue thing. We had wanted to do the Agent P World Showcase Adventure, but we never did get the time.

At 11, we went in to see Impressions de France, which we had never seen. This worked out well because Miles fell asleep just as it was starting, and since it's air conditioned in there it is a prime napping place. We enjoyed the film, even Ashlyn (mostly because she thought the screen was cool). I've always wanted to go to France.

When we came out I went through all the shops in France, and I wanted ALL THE THINGS. I didn't buy any of it, though. Ashlyn did get a "Dreaming of Paris" cap. We started talking about a future trip, and Micheal said he didn't want to come back for at least 3 years. Then he said he actually thought we should take a trip to France. I guess the film inspired him? But hey, I'm all about some Disneyland Paris. :rotfl2:

Next we made our way over to the UK pavillion. We found the pressed penny machines there, and met Mary Poppins. We wanted to meet Alice in Wonderland, but Ashlyn was feeling tired so we didn't hang around for her.

26285_1536586583123_resized.jpeg

Instead, we headed back toward France and made our way to Morocco for more pressed pennies. Again, I wanted all the things. Next, we went to the Japan pavillion to finish up Ashlyn's bag of change on pressed pennies. The drummers were playing in the Japan pavillion, and that was neat.

We decided to get one last family picture, and the only PP photographer we found was back in Morocco. It's not the best picture, but I'm glad we go it. I also took some other pictures while we were stopped there.

EPCOT_WSCMOROCCOICON_20180908_413242795618.jpg 20180908_111628 r.jpg

At this point we were nearing the time to head back to the BW. I wanted to eat from the F&W booths for lunch first, because, well, F&W. But guys, I was tired. Miles had awoken, and Ashlyn was getting crabby tired. It was a Saturday and the F&W crowds were picking up and I said forget it.

We went back to the BW. I got a sandwhich from the Bakery (it wasn't good). Micheal stopped at the photo booth with Miles.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBBDWALK2_20180908_8264863404.jpg

We went to the arcade, but the machine to get a card wasn't working so we didn't get to play anything. Instead, we headed up to the lobby to hang out until our bus came. My sister and her family arrived back from Disney Springs shortly thereafter, and soon we were on the ME back to the airport.

We took this picture of Miles on the drive.

IMG_4944~photo.jpg

Our flights were easy, except we did end up having a several-hour delay in Atlanta. But still, we arrived home safe and sound.

We don't have a future trip planned at this point. I would like to take Ashlyn for a mother/daughter trip maybe next year, but that will have to be decided later. Sometimes I do get discouraged about Disney when I read of price hikes and things like that. It makes me sigh and want to give my money to someone else. But then thirty seconds passes and I go back to dreaming of Mainstreet USA :mickeyjum.

Overall, this trip really didn't go how I'd planned out. Because of Miles and Micheal, things had to be postponed or changed around. We didn't get to do nearly as much as I'd planned. But that was OK, because the trip was still wonderful. I can't wait to go back!

I've fallen off the face of the earth! At least, that's how it feels. It's been soooo busy the last few weeks, I've been finishing up my latest novel, Ashlyn's arm injury has meant extra doctor visits, and she had a school science fair this week. But mostly, I think I've been avoiding writing about our last day because it makes me sad :guilty:.
What, you mean the Dis isn't your top priority all the time?! /sarcasm :rotfl2: But I can definitely empathize--it's like writing the last day means the trip is definitely officially over.

He got breakfast and Ashlyn and I took some PP pictures.
Cute! I love the PP pictures with Remy.

At 11, we went in to see Impressions de France, which we had never seen. This worked out well because Miles fell asleep just as it was starting, and since it's air conditioned in there it is a prime napping place. We enjoyed the film, even Ashlyn (mostly because she thought the screen was cool). I've always wanted to go to France.
Ooh, I've never seen that one! is there seating? or is it like the China video where you have to lean against a rail but can't sit?

Micheal stopped at the photo booth with Miles.
this photo *cracked* me up :)

Overall, this trip really didn't go how I'd planned out. Because of Miles and Micheal, things had to be postponed or changed around. We didn't get to do nearly as much as I'd planned. But that was OK, because the trip was still wonderful. I can't wait to go back!
Glad you had a wonderful time! it was fun to read about :) Hopefully you get to go back soon!

The BBQ sounds great. Great trip report

If you do ever go to Disneyland Paris my one tip would be go with an open mind. It will not be the same as WDW. We've been there 5 times and it's hit and miss with the magical feel. If you go at the wrong time of year it can be full of very rude guests which could spoil the trip a little if you let them but it's still a great place to visit for a Disney fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter