A sea world question on tours????

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
Hi guys, know this is a non-disney question and have it posted on the sea world site too, but haven't goten a reply from anyone yet. Was just wondering if anyone has done the "Adventure Express Tour' and if it was worth it. The one where you can touch a penguin?? ANy help would be great. Figure more people look at these sites. Thanks.

I think the Adventure Express tour is the 5 hour tour. I haven't done this, but I have done the one hour behind the scenes tours.

I did the penguin tour with my daughter, it was great and worth it. I'll give the detailed version since someone asked about it.

When you arrive in the morning, go into the park, past the photographers trying to get your pic, to the people giving out maps. To the left of this is where you sign up. We have season passes, so we got 2 for 1. Even if you don't have the 2 for 1, it's worth it. Gotta sign up in the morning or else they sell out.
At about 2pm we met the tour guide at the polor bear statue next to the polar bear exhibit.
He introduced himself and asked everyone where they are from.
Then we showed him our tickets and went thru a fence door to the back area of the polar bear exhibit. There we saw holding tanks for baby seals, some we're there and came up out of the water looking for food, they're so cute.
Saw how they feed the polar bears. They shoot the food thru holes in the tank at various times. Showed us the toys they give to the polar bears to play with. They destroy anything that goes into the tank. The bears never know when they will be fed or which hole the food will come out of. Showed us the food preperation rooms. Then we walked past the filters and equipment that keeps the water clean, big operation, lots of pumps, chemical tanks... Next it was to a holding area for polar bears. They may or may not be there depending on the time, we saw one, he was sleeping. They sleep alot and are only awake a few hours in the day. More education talk in a room with some exhibits showing just how big a polar bear's foot is.
Took a bus to another building where the penguins are. Walked into the room that was chilled to freezing. This room has snow in it, many penguins walking around, making alot of noise. Not scared of people, they're right there to see, take lots of pictures. The handler sits with a penguin, and each person gets to pet it, take pictures, talk to the trainer. Their fur is soft, feels like velvet when you touch it. Stayed in the room for about 10 minutes, then everyone was ready to leave, more like thaw out. Walk back to the park and re-enter thru a fench on the other side of the play ground, behind Shamu Stadium.
I think it lasted about an hour and a half.
Do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter