A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

Hello all! Just back about an hour ago from our Disney trip and I wanted to say first, thank you for all the "have a good trip" wishes - we did :thumbsup2 We got to spend lots of quality time with my good friend Billie @Elevationist and also got to see Lindsey @LindseyJo22 a couple times, who we met briefly on our EPIC trip in May but didn't really get to talk to that much so it was great to hang with her a bit! We also ran in to Liesa @Steppesister ❤ AND my old eyes did NOT deceive me when I thought I spied Cloe @Cloe Colton and her DH getting off the monorail in front of us at Epcot so we got to meet them for the first time! Such a sweet couple and I'm glad my contacts still work for distance vision 👓 Finally in what normal people would find weird but us DIS'ers certainly do not, as Steve and I stood in a scare zone during HHN I heard "Hi" "Hi!" and realized Samantha @xlsm recognized my sweaty disheveled self and was standing in front of me :hippie: I love that so many of us can recognize others just from spending time here. After a few years of "knowing" each other on the DIS it was nice to meet in person even just for a couple minutes and even better that she was with the adorable @Raeven whom I've had the pleasure of meeting already a few times.

Second I want to say I'll be back soon with another July update and also to share pics of those DISMeets along with our first HHN adventure!

I've heard good things about this place. Need to go there and see. :)
Maybe you were able to try it this trip?? So bummed we didn't get to meet up :(
Have a great trip!!
We did and I hope you did too!!
I love seeing old Disney pics! Thanks for sharing. 🥰 🥰
Welcome! I enjoy looking at them and keep saying I'm going to make my mom find ones from when I was little :goodvibes
I hope you love it! I look forward to it all year- can't wait to get there!
We had a great time and will definitely do it again. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be though - I'll be writing about it here!
Great picture! But so many boys!!!!!
Lol now you know why I enjoy Hayden so much. And why I enjoy a clean bathroom so much........
You really must. Not sure we would have met had I known this :P
😂
It's almost like 2 generations of Disers...
Aw you're right :love:
:cool1:Have an amazing time! Can't wait to read about all your adventures!
:tigger: My vote is 🛩:fish:

Terri
Thank you!! It was another really good trip :) I'll share a little about it and I will definitely tell you you if you're right about 🛩:fish:lol

I'm finally here..on page 8...pathetic DISing, I know!!
Aw I'm just glad you're here so a big loving :welcome: to you Jackie!
Loving this TR so far, and it's really making me think about how many more trips we have with Jimmy before he turns into a "big boy"...I will be soaking in all the magical-ness of this trip in December for sure because it really does all go by too quickly!!!
Do that for sure because it goes way to quick. Luckily I get bits and pieces of it occasionally but it's nothing like it was when they were little 😢 Still love it; but different.
I love your Loser's Club shirt!! Last summer I finally read It because my Goddaughter (who is 13!) decided to read it. I need to get to the theater to see Chapter Two!
He's been my favorite author since 7th grade! The shirt was a a little hot but perfect 🎈 I still need to see Chapter 2!
Noooooooooo! It must be in a cooper cup.
He hates when it isn't in a copper cup but luckily Nomad's is still good without it
So happy we ran into each other!! Hope the rest of your trip was amazing!
I am too ❤❤❤ We had another really great trip and it was a pleasure meeting you guys finally!!
Welcome home!
Yup just in time for you to leave! I hope you guys are having a great trip and I'm counting the days till our January trip xoxo

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! Very cool that you had so many DIS meets, even improptu ones. I can't wait to hear how HHN went for you. We've only done it by doing the houses on the RIP Tour so waiting in lines is foreign to us...as of now. We have intentions of going back next month where we'll most likely be forced to do the "regular" lines so we'll see how that goes.

Also I caught up on your July 4th stuff here and have to say I absolutely LOVED Disney during July 4th. We've been twice now and I would definitely go again. Sure it's hot...but it's Disney.

OK I'm like sooooo far behind but finally caught up on your TR!! Glad you had a great few trips with a bunch of DISmeets!
Sad we did not get to meet up in August but it was such a short trip for all of us and I know we will have plenty of opportunity in the future. :)

Happy Friday night! Just watched the first episode of AHS 1984 and it's GENIUS! I hope the rest of the season doesn't disappoint!

As I said before I go back to July I want to share a bit of our quick Sept. trip :teacher: Let's begin with a quick picture run through of all my Sept. DISMeets since that's one of the best parts of trips after being on the boards all these years :goodvibes I know some of you don't remember Billie @Elevationist as it's been a couple years since she's graced the DIS with her presence on a regular basis but her reports used to be HI-larious! And she still is ::yes:: So Steve and I were lucky enough to spend almost half our trip with her!!

billiehm.jpeg

Yes I was #protectingthebangs and also pointing out Billie's freshness in front of us!

billiesplash.jpeg

I despise how I look in all the pictures here but LOVE this M&G! Too bad it's going away soon................

billiemm.jpeg

And we cannot forget our good-bye photo with Lindsey @LindseyJo22 the night before Billie left 😿

6EE7B319-F1B7-4BF3-BE9D-250221BCC808.jpeg

Speaking of Lindsey besides spending time with her in AK that night we got to see her and meet her DH on our arrival day along with saying hello to Liesa @Steppesister ! This was a quick meet (although Liesa caught up with us again for a minute later in France) but so nice to see her again:

3268F2B1-D3C4-40CC-A14F-3CC223E02F59.jpeg

And then there was my "I spy" moment when I recognized Cloe @Cloe Colton getting off the monorail at Epcot! It's not hard to spot her and my short self went up and said hello. So happy I did because it was a great pleasure getting to meet and chat with her and her husband Dan :)

cloe2.jpeg

cloe.jpeg

I did miss a couple DIS'ers who were there like @pkondz and I'm not happy about it but it's so hard to catch up with everyone on a Disney trip. I'm sure there will be a meet up in our future! Next I'm going to share my thoughts on Halloween Horror Nights - our first but probably not our last. If you are a wuss and scare easily like someone I know but won't mention names (but she was part of the EPIC trip and her a name rhymes with smelly 😘 ) you may want to skip that part because I will not skimp on the pictures 😨 For now I'll fill this post up with a couple more fun shots:

E9800331-72AE-404B-9166-76AD5594A973.jpeg

Sorry it’s sideways but can any of you SW fans explain the kegger in the SM queue 🍻

Oh and here’s our 2019 Christmas card:

D14DA1B5-BA61-4EE0-A861-38D64E8B5B84.jpeg

And finally my beloved BM, sideways view:

EEB1068A-3AF2-4BE2-8C62-01D5A0DD3959.jpeg

The garnishes change with every festival/season but the drink itself remains the same thank goodness! Enjoy your weekend all!

I can't wait to hear how HHN went for you. We've only done it by doing the houses on the RIP Tour so waiting in lines is foreign to us...as of now.
We had EP so we were ok! No way at all would we have waited in those lines, I mean at the beginning some were like 20 minutes but they grew quickly and the majority were around 60-80 most of the night. And it's HOT.
Also I caught up on your July 4th stuff here and have to say I absolutely LOVED Disney during July 4th. We've been twice now and I would definitely go again. Sure it's hot...but it's Disney.
I want to go again! Yup hot but having gone July-Aug-Sept all this year I feel July was the best; the least humid and most bearable with August slightly worse than Sept. I can tell by how many days and how long I can keep my hair down 🤣
OK I'm like sooooo far behind but finally caught up on your TR!
Please Su-Lynn I need to read like 40 pages of your current TR! I'm just glad to see you here :hug:
Sad we did not get to meet up in August but it was such a short trip for all of us and I know we will have plenty of opportunity in the future. :)
I know it is hard; sometimes it's easy to switch plans and sometimes not and unless you're solo there's others to consider. But I know we'll meet again!!
Leaving for the airport in an hour. This trip came VERY close to not happening, but that's a story for another time...
Uh-oh I need to text you................
Sorry for falling behind, your pre-trip plans look great and I hope you had the best time!

Looks like a lovely afternoon at Nomad Lounge!
We did!! It was a nice final trip to our summer Disney vacation trifecta lol. And now I still get to go back in a month even though it'll be really different since it's for work 🖨
I always enjoy Nomad Lounge and we were able to do so again this week! It's so relaxing + great food + great drinks :goodvibes

Looks like you had another fun trip! At the rate you're going, you'll soon run out of new DIS-people to meet!

Next I'm going to share my thoughts on Halloween Horror Nights - our first but probably not our last. If you are a wuss and scare easily like someone I know but won't mention names (but she was part of the EPIC trip and her a name rhymes with smelly 😘 )

:blush:

Yea...definitely not for me! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I knew you'd love it though!

Perfection! :rotfl:

I know some of you don't remember Billie @Elevationist as it's been a couple years since she's graced the DIS with her presence on a regular basis but her reports used to be HI-larious!
OMG of course I remember Billie! I miss her TRs so much. She is one hilarious lady!!!

:rotfl2: Charming :lmao:

Sounds like a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

As I said before I go back to July I want to share a bit of our quick Sept. trip :teacher:
All this time traveling is really getting me dizzy!

So Steve and I were lucky enough to spend almost half our trip with her!!

billiehm.jpeg
I can't wait for you to share all the behind the scenes with Billie stories. I can only fathom!!!

Next I'm going to share my thoughts on Halloween Horror Nights - our first but probably not our last. If you are a wuss and scare easily like someone I know but won't mention names (but she was part of the EPIC trip and her a name rhymes with smelly 😘 )
Smelly = Jenny. No that's not right. Smelly = Steve. No not either. Smelly = Kari nope not me. Hmmm have no idea who you could be referencing :earboy2:

And finally my beloved BM, sideways view:

EEB1068A-3AF2-4BE2-8C62-01D5A0DD3959.jpeg
Nothing beats a sideways BM especially when its got a bit of celery sticking out the side pooh:

We literally ran into Billie at MK two years ago. I recognized her and jumped in front of her ECV to stop her. ::yes:: She is great.

It sounds like your September trip was a lot of fun. Are you planning to write a trip report for that one?

Great meet ups on your latest trip!

Sorry it’s sideways but can any of you SW fans explain the kegger in the SM queue 🍻
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Star Wars...but I got nuthin'.
I thought at first it might be the container they used in Solo for coaxium but it's not (yes, I know my geek is showing)
Hey, I guess they like to party in a galaxy far far away, too.

:rotfl2:

So happy you had a great trip with lots of Dis meets. When I first joined Dis boards, I read all of Billies trip reports. She seems like such a fun person to hang out with.

Awesome pictures and Dis meets! I love it. Those HM pictures are really priceless!!
Yes the meets were great as always, and I look forward to them every trip! LOL I'm starting to enjoy the the HM shots now that I remember it's coming!
Yea...definitely not for me! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I knew you'd love it though!
I have to say it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be but if you hate jump scares I completely understand not enjoying it. And after a couple houses it gets a bit redundant. How many houses did you do before you chickened out 😂
OMG of course I remember Billie! I miss her TRs so much. She is one hilarious lady!!!
So do I and I keep telling her how much she's missed here! But she's in school now so between that and work she just doesn't have the time sadly :( Maybe one day she'll come back to us.....................
All this time traveling is really getting me dizzy!
:crazy: sorry! I know I'm bad with that here and in my dining report. I promise after HNN it'll be all July all the time!
I can't wait for you to share all the behind the scenes with Billie stories. I can only fathom!!!
She's so hysterical and something I love the most about her (and you, Jenny, Kelly etc) is that I don't have to watch what I say around her because she certainly doesn't watch what she says around me :rotfl:
We literally ran into Billie at MK two years ago. I recognized her and jumped in front of her ECV to stop her. ::yes:: She is great.
That's funny! Besides being hysterical she's just plain sweet and fun to be with; very glad we've been able to spend time with her on 2 trips now :goodvibes
It sounds like your September trip was a lot of fun. Are you planning to write a trip report for that one?
Ugh I don't know! Just finished the dining report from ages ago lol and by the time I finish this July one I'll probably have also been on my October work trip.....................time gets away from me lately! I'd love to but I have to see. By the way how are you enjoying retired life?
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Star Wars...but I got nuthin'.
I thought at first it might be the container they used in Solo for coaxium but it's not (yes, I know my geek is showing)
Hey, I guess they like to party in a galaxy far far away, too.
Ha ha I only know the word coaxium from riding Smuggler's Run! But thanks for playing :P We were taking everything in line in when Steve goes, "um, that's a keg". I guess our increased ticket and resort fees didn't go to that area of SWGE!:goodvibes
So happy you had a great trip with lots of Dis meets. When I first joined Dis boards, I read all of Billies trip reports. She seems like such a fun person to hang out with.
DISmeets are so fun especially when you end up becoming good friends, and lucky for me that's happened with quite a few folks here now :goodvibes And it's just always neat to put a real face to the people you learn so much about here! OMG Billie is so fun and her reports were the best, I wish she still had time to write them and we keep begging her to but her schedule is just so full now! I have to tell her how many people remember her reports and enjoyed them and may we'll coerce her lol.
I love your Haunted Mansion pic LOL:(
:hmghost: It's funny because we'd tried this in August and the picture never showed up; then when we did this it took hours to show up so we thought maybe they saw it as violent rather than funny and weren't allowing it. I'm glad the CM's who watch these things (or the computer as it probably is now) have a sense of humor!
Can't wait to hear about HHN. I really like watching horror movies, but I'm thinking I might be with @buzzrelly on actually doing HHN myself!
Hopefully I get to that today or tomorrow! If you like horror movies and don't get scared you probably would like it; honestly it wasn't as scary as I thought or as people make it sound when they talk about it - other than @buzzrelly lmao! The jump scares can get to you though. The atmosphere is super cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter