A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

Daisy was adorable but no way was Minnie going to be outdone by her! I was in love with her old-timey bathing suit which you can't see so good here but I need to post the picture of Chris hugging her in case it's the last one I ever get:

IMG_2509.JPG

And finally the big guy himself

IMG_2504.JPG

I don't recommend character meals often since we don't do them often and when we do we find the food to be close to sucking but I'd do this again if someone I was going with asked. The food was a nice surprise and the characters were on their 2nd go 'round but we hightailed it out of there because once was enough for us but the tables near us with little ones were thrilled.

At this point it was time to return to the resort for an early afternoon rest before hitting the MK for the 4th of July evening festivities! We got back around 12:30 and our room had not only been cleaned but we had a towel.......flower

IMG_2512.JPG

I took a couple more pictures from our balcony. We had a great view of the marina and all the boats coming in and out that were rented:

IMG_2514.JPG

As well as the walkway to BLT:

IMG_2515.JPG

I unpacked, we chilled and Steve and I explored the resort stores not for the last time and soon it was time to head out again!

I'm trying to find a shirt I like to wear to our first HHN so I've started to look on Etsy; you guys who have been, where do you find cool horror shirts?

I have no good advice since I am not cool and can't even recall what I wore there, but I am so excited to see what you think of HHN :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I love both my boys but as many of you know Ricky's Disney attitude is a tad........more supercalifragilistic than Chris's? So it was nice to ride with 2 people who showed some excitement while my other buddy was doing what he loves to do the most 🛌

I'm sure everyone is happier this way :-)

Now I don't LOVE that ride but I'd said it would be neat to get in all 3 headliners during EMH because - again I don't know. And Ricky had never ridden it but he's nice to me sometimes and this was one time ❤

Sweet :lovestruc

I may or may not have told Daisy that Chris LOVED her:

IMG_2451.JPG
Daisy was adorable but no way was Minnie going to be outdone by her! I was in love with her old-timey bathing suit which you can't see so good here but I need to post the picture of Chris hugging her in case it's the last one I ever get:

IMG_2509.JPG

Those pics are adorable :love: Neither one of my kids get up for the characters anymore:sad1:

What a delightful start to your first full day! How nice that both boys provided nice surprises and a pleasant morning! Also, nice work on fitting in every headliner (and LwtL) before your breakfast ADR.

Cape May Café is a restaurant I've yet to try, but I have a feeling even more character meals are in my future. Your comments about the food lineup sound delicious - blueberry pancakes AND crepes?! Sign me up!

What an awesome morning in EPCOT! I'm glad you had a good breakfast experience at Cape May Cafe! We have a reservation there on our trip that I've been on the fence about but I think we'll keep it!

I missed the start of this report but I’m here now and following along! I feel like your boys give me a preview of mine, hopefully I can keep them coming to Disney with me!

I love all the space of the CR room and the views! It sounds like a great morning at Epcot and the Cape May breakfast!

Hanging out at Jock Lindsey's with the @kastoney and @StarWarsMomofGirls! crews as well as the peppery half of @pepperandchips :stitch:Just what we needed and I think we were all happy to see each other again so soon. I hadn't seen Kari or Ariella since our May EPIC trip and it seemed like forever; I had seen Melinda on our July trip but there's really never enough Melinda time ♥
So fun!!
All of these were perfection. Notice the salad is not your traditional Caesar which I totally appreciated. Chris tried Steve's shrimp and grits and fell in love with grits; keep in mind folks we live in NY! Don't hate me but when my parents moved to Georgia way back when and my mom began eating grits - I did not follow her love so they're never in our house. There are shrimp under there too I swear! Also another note we had Kristin as our server for the 3rd time here. She remembered we were from NY, not so hard once we open our mouths but she's great! Something else we appreciated was that our entrees didn't arrive too close to our apps and this made everyone so happy I got another picture with smiles:
That Caesar salad looks great!
Anyhoo another reason this is a great place to eat is because you can watch the MK fireworks from their deck! And that's where we headed around 9 since they were scheduled for 9:15. We didn't notice people had started going out way earlier and almost the whole railing was claimed by the time we got there so we were at the farthest end from the MK basically but it still was a good spot.
I love catching the Electric Water Pageant from the deck at Narcoosees. :goodvibes
I didn't taste this since I needed all stomach room for my dessert but he loved it. Ricky isn't a cheesecake lover so he got another old favorite:

Narcoossee’s Candy Bar
Dark Chocolate-Mocha Bar with House-made Guanaja Chocolate Gelato
Yum! Ricky's dessert is my favourite....I couldn't finish it all either and I love chocolate!
Why? I don't know! I guess I was trying to get the most park time possible out of our stay and we really had little Epcot time built in since I don't like using FP's there. Three of us arrived at 7:50 for the 8am opening. Can anyone guess who did NOT come? I'll give you a hint:
Chris! At least he knew what he wanted to do.
Yeah it's going to be fun getting this kid up for school again next week after a summer of sleeping until 1 in the afternoon. He stayed back in the room which meant we all had fun with no crabbiness! We RD'd TT and unlike other parks didn't have to do a cattle call-run; it was a nice quick walk with nobody stepping on our feet or knocking over small children a la 7DMT or SDD so soon we were inside and Ricky, the newest DeVizio driver, had designed this beauty:
Haha! Stuart has been sleeping until 1 pm most days and Jamie is still in bed at 2:12 pm! Teenagers! Back to school is not going to be pretty!
Interestingly enough as we walked out of TT Chris texted that he was walking to the monorail to meet us WHAT???? Was it my birthday??? He also requested riding Soarin'. I asked Ricky if he wanted to ride it now and again with is brother and my un-birthday surprise #2 came next when he said that he would ride FEA with me if I wanted him to WHA-HAT?????? Now I don't LOVE that ride but I'd said it would be neat to get in all 3 headliners during EMH because - again I don't know. And Ricky had never ridden it but he's nice to me sometimes and this was one time ❤ So while Steve went to wait for Chris we went for Ricky's maiden voyage with the sista's and their snowman. He wasn't impressed but I was happy and then we were able to meet up with the other 2 and ride Soarin' right at 9 with like a 15 minute wait.
Sweetness! They are great boys!

How did I miss this fun report??

Love your view from the room. We wanted to stay at CR this August but the”deal” didn’t have CR rooms this year:confused3

I love the family pictures before your dinner, the shirts the guys all wore, so cute!

Great use of EMH at Epcot! I can’t get Andi back on FEA once she got her butt wet, so score Ricky rode with you! My son Jack can be super sweet like that every once and awhile! He would ride with me but not enjoy it, haha!

Sorry I paths didn’t cross last week, I ended up with a very minor cold, however, it did make me feel yuck for a few days and I did rest more during that time!

Thanks again for the recommendation on those delicious macarons from Toothsome, I loved those so much!!

Well I've been on hold with Disney's Air Dept. for just over 90 minutes now trying to change a clients' Monday flight home since no flights are going out of MCO, so why not do some replies??? :faint:

I have no good advice since I am not cool and can't even recall what I wore there, but I am so excited to see what you think of HHN :scared1::scared1::scared1:
First of all you ARE cool; second of all you were probably too terrified to remember what you wore :rotfl2:
Those pics are adorable :love: Neither one of my kids get up for the characters anymore:sad1:
Thank you, I know my days of Chris agreeing (asking even!) for a character meal are either over now or extremely limited so when he asks I oblige. And maybe a few years down the road your kids and Ricky will get up again...............I know Ricky would get up if his niece was there!
What a delightful start to your first full day! How nice that both boys provided nice surprises and a pleasant morning!
It really was a great first part of our first day and it's always a nice treat when everyone is happy and does something nice! Because that certainly doesn't happen often at home :rolleyes:
Cape May Café is a restaurant I've yet to try, but I have a feeling even more character meals are in my future.
Lol, it's definitely one of the better ones. We're planning on taking our granddaughter next Sept. and my DIL has never been either so I'm looking forward to some character meals then :goodvibes
Your comments about the food lineup sound delicious - blueberry pancakes AND crepes?! Sign me up!
Right??? I had heard about the crepes but not the blueberry pancakes and those are a favorite of mine! They were nice and hot and the blueberries were even juicy! I don't recall seeing blueberry pancakes at any other breakfast I've done on property.
I'm glad you had a good breakfast experience at Cape May Cafe! We have a reservation there on our trip that I've been on the fence about but I think we'll keep it!
Yes I think you should keep it! Besides good food the characters are so cute :-)
I missed the start of this report but I’m here now and following along!
Hi Aimee and :welcome: I'm glad you're here! I just read up on your new TR and need to go back and comment!
I feel like your boys give me a preview of mine, hopefully I can keep them coming to Disney with me!
::yes:: It's been a chore with Chris for sure lol but Ricky does still enjoy it; the key seems to have been throwing in new things as they got older. Bowling and mini golf even though I don't like taking time away from the parks, doing Universal for a day, parties, things like that. And this trip we did something new to all of us that everyone loved and we'll definitely do again!
I love all the space of the CR room and the views!
Those are definitely 2 of the best things about staying there along with walking to the MK!
That Caesar salad looks great!
Hey Sue welcome back :wave: Oh man that salad is so good; I'll get it again next time we go! I love the pancetta in it!
Chris! At least he knew what he wanted to do.
He does always know what he wants to do; pretty much the opposite of what everyone else is doing :rolleyes: But I love him!!
Haha! Stuart has been sleeping until 1 pm most days and Jamie is still in bed at 2:12 pm! Teenagers! Back to school is not going to be pretty!
I wish I could sleep that late! Chris said next week he'll start getting up early in anticipation of school starting Thursday but I doubt it'll happen. Good luck to both of us when it starts!

Glad you got some nice surprises. Cape May... I've heard good things. I'm not a character dining person, myself... but that might be one I'd try.
Love the towel flower you got. :)

we took Chris and a friend to 6 Flags New England today

How is 6 flags New England? We have passes to Great Adventure in NJ and we have been trying to decide if it's worth making a trip up there too.

where do you find cool horror shirts?

I've have luck on teepublic and in Hot topic!

nterestingly enough as we walked out of TT Chris texted that he was walking to the monorail to meet us WHAT???? Was it my birthday??? He also requested riding Soarin'. I asked Ricky if he wanted to ride it now and again with is brother and my un-birthday surprise #2 came next when he said that he would ride FEA with me if I wanted him to WHA-HAT??????

Aww 🥰 🥰

The food was a nice surprise and the characters were on their 2nd go 'round but we hightailed it out of there because once was enough for us but the tables near us with little ones were thrilled.

Cape May is one of our favorite character breakfasts! It feels more low-key than the others and the food seems to be a bit better.

First of all you ARE cool;

Who are you calling, "cool?" :rolleyes1

It was absolutely freezing down there this trip! Which carried over to us both wearing our NorthFace coats 🥶

So I really have no clue what I even wore under that, I was just trying to stay warm!

And maybe a few years down the road your kids and Ricky will get up again...............I know Ricky would get up if his niece was there!

My plan is to bring my great-niece next year and do ALL the Princess meals again :love:

my un-birthday surprise #2 came next when he said that he would ride FEA with me if I wanted him to WHA-HAT?????? Now I don't LOVE that ride but I'd said it would be neat to get in all 3 headliners during EMH because - again I don't know. And Ricky had never ridden it but he's nice to me sometimes and this was one time ❤

This is SO sweet!!! 💖

We were soon cruising by some Lapu Lapu's in the making

Okay, this is officially the way I will describe pineapples from now on. Pineapple still growing? Lapu Lapu in the making. Pineapple in the grocery store? Lapu Lapu in training. Pineapple chopped up into cubes? Lapu Lapu who didn't make the cut.

I don't recommend character meals often since we don't do them often and when we do we find the food to be close to sucking but I'd do this again if someone I was going with asked.

This meal looked so good! I'm glad you enjoyed it, since it's a meal my family wants to do but I've been hesitant to book it for logistical reasons. I'll have to put it on my must-book list!

Looks like a great morning was had by all at Epcot EMH! Can't wait to read more!

Frozen and a character meal? Your boys were in rare form that morning and I love it. It makes me happy that Chris still (nonchalantly) requests character meals, as you know I'm hoping my kiddos will do the same. I'm impressed with how much you got accomplished on that EMH morning! And I know what you mean about the Epcot FP issue. It's a struggle for me every time, as Epcot is my favorite park atmospherically so I want to plan a bunch of time there, but 2 of the 3 fastpasses are always a waste so I feel stupid for putting us in that park multiple days without hopping and using FP elsewhere. Hopefully it will improve with the new attractions coming up.

Love the towel flower you got. :)
I would have preferred a carafe of sangria wrapped in the towel flower but hey, who am I to look any fancy towel production in the mouth?
How is 6 flags New England? We have passes to Great Adventure in NJ and we have been trying to decide if it's worth making a trip up there too.
We all like it better than Great Adventure! We're about 2 hours from the one in New England and almost 3 from G.A. so first of all it's closer but it's never as crowded as NJ. NJ has some cool coasters; the ones in New England are different but just as great! I think New England is smaller?? It just feels easier to get around and not as spread out; oh and no safari in New England but since we go to Disney so often we're ok with that lol. Chris's 6th grade field trip last year was to 6 Flags New England and that was our first time back in about 6 years. Ricky went to Great Adventure for his 8th grade trip (Chris will go there next June for his) and had fun and then we went last summer with my nephew so we do go to both but our preference is New England. Depending on how far it would be for you I say it's worth going :thumbsup2
I've have luck on teepublic and in Hot topic!
Thanks! I looked in our local Hot Topic and one in another mall I was recently at but online is probably better. I've bought from TeePublic before too, Disney shirts, so I'll look there!
Cape May is one of our favorite character breakfasts! It feels more low-key than the others
::yes:: definitely more low-key and I like that. It's probably the closest to a relaxing character meal we've ever done lol:rotfl2:
Who are you calling, "cool?" :rolleyes1

Um.......I guess apparently NOT you :rotfl2::love2:
Okay, this is officially the way I will describe pineapples from now on. Pineapple still growing? Lapu Lapu in the making. Pineapple in the grocery store? Lapu Lapu in training. Pineapple chopped up into cubes? Lapu Lapu who didn't make the cut.
I laughed hysterically when I saw this :worship: Love it!!!!
This meal looked so good! I'm glad you enjoyed it, since it's a meal my family wants to do but I've been hesitant to book it for logistical reasons. I'll have to put it on my must-book list!
Yeah it's always a bit harder to do the ones like this and Boma at AK for us unless you're staying at the resort; I'd like to suggest this one to clients but it can get tricky. It worked perfectly for us doing early Epcot and the later breakfast; no need to think about transportation to breakfast, still got park time. And really if we hadn't wanted to go back to our resort after we could have easily gone back to Epcot or HS so I think it's a good plan for getting there!
Frozen and a character meal? Your boys were in rare form that morning and I love it.
They were, it was a lovely start to our first full day! Of course I know not to get too excited when this happens because it doesn't last lol
And I know what you mean about the Epcot FP issue. It's a struggle for me every time, as Epcot is my favorite park atmospherically so I want to plan a bunch of time there, but 2 of the 3 fastpasses are always a waste so I feel stupid for putting us in that park multiple days without hopping and using FP elsewhere. Hopefully it will improve with the new attractions coming up.
I hope so 😖 It was the worst until these stupid new HS tiers! Chris always wants to FP TT but this trip was shorter and I didn't want to "waste" a day but I'm with you on spending a bunch of time there, especially during the festivals. I've kind of resigned myself to just ride whatever has low waits and enjoy the atmosphere and entertainment there more than the rides. But that EMH really did work out great!

We all like it better than Great Adventure! We're about 2 hours from the one in New England and almost 3 from G.A. so first of all it's closer but it's never as crowded as NJ. NJ has some cool coasters; the ones in New England are different but just as great! I think New England is smaller?? It just feels easier to get around and not as spread out; oh and no safari in New England but since we go to Disney so often we're ok with that lol. Chris's 6th grade field trip last year was to 6 Flags New England and that was our first time back in about 6 years. Ricky went to Great Adventure for his 8th grade trip (Chris will go there next June for his) and had fun and then we went last summer with my nephew so we do go to both but our preference is New England. Depending on how far it would be for you I say it's worth going :thumbsup2

Thank you! Less spread out and less walking sounds good to me lol. We're 1 1/2 hours from Great Adventure and New England would be about 2 1/2 hours so not that much longer.

We were at Great Adventure a few weeks ago and a kid in front of us in the safari line kept telling his friends how much better this was than Disney and we were like :crazy2: :confused:🤦‍♀️ the whole time!

Only you!!!

Pretty much straight down:

IMG_2374.JPG
This causes anxiety in my nether regions like nobodies business. No way I could have stayed up that high. I would have to ask for another room.

You sure these are the Devizio boys? There are Disney shirts and smiles in this photo so it couldn't be :P

Hanging out at Jock Lindsey's with the @kastoney and @StarWarsMomofGirls! crews as well as the peppery half of @pepperandchips :stitch:
Hey that's me! Can't want to see what the chips half of @pepperandchips brought to the yard after we left :earboy2:

All of these were perfection. Notice the salad is not your traditional Caesar which I totally appreciated. Chris tried Steve's shrimp and grits and fell in love with grits; keep in mind folks we live in NY! Don't hate me but when my parents moved to Georgia way back when and my mom began eating grits - I did not follow her love so they're never in our house. There are shrimp under there too I swear!
Is it wrong or oh so right that I see why you all order at this point and I know who got exactly what???? Apps all sound good though. And you have to come to the grits dark side. It's really just southern polenta

*Just a little FYI if ya don't mind. Recently there was a thread on the restaurants forum about bad service at Narcoossee's and quite a few folks replied that they'd had bad service too. This made me sad...........it's not too often we visit WDW and DON'T eat at either Narcoossee's or Citricos and I can't remember how many times we've eaten at Narcoossee's but we've never ever ever had bad service OR a bad meal.
Sadly I'm gonna join the masses on this one after our latest visit. It wasn't all bad, but certainly not what we are used to

Two weeks and 1 day until our Food and Wine/Grand Floridian trip :thumbsup2
I cannot believe you are going back again. Insert copious amounts of food and wine jealousy here ( )

Also as a new driver Ricky was quick to design a car HIGH on power and low on efficiency because who needs that??? Steve helped him out a bit and we ended up with this: :worship:
Efficiency? What is this efficiency that you speak of!

Interestingly enough as we walked out of TT Chris texted that he was walking to the monorail to meet us WHAT???? Was it my birthday??? He also requested riding Soarin'. I asked Ricky if he wanted to ride it now and again with is brother and my un-birthday surprise #2 came next when he said that he would ride FEA with me if I wanted him to WHA-HAT??????
Ok, now I am most definitely sure your boys were taken over my aliens on the plane!!!

IMG_2444.JPG

Oh silly me, that was to keep MY character happy :drinking1 The best Disney Bloody Mary I've had so far is at Refreshment Outpost in Epcot followed by one in AK and this was almost a tie for 2nd place and went very well with all my breakfast eggs and carbs. Now for the characters:
Wouldn't it be awesome if all you could drink bloody marys were on the buffet! Now that would get me to Cape Minnies 🍹

Interestingly enough as we walked out of TT Chris texted that he was walking to the monorail to meet us WHAT???? Was it my birthday??? He also requested riding Soarin'. I asked Ricky if he wanted to ride it now and again with is brother and my un-birthday surprise #2 came next when he said that he would ride FEA with me if I wanted him to WHA-HAT??????
It is a Christmas (in July) Miracle!

I'll spare you pictures of all the buffet food but we were all fairly impressed! They had a couple different things like blueberry pancakes and crepes; it was all fresh. And I have to say the outfits the characters wear are adorable!
Wait, so is there crepes? (We cancelled our reservation when we got upgraded to CL this past trip.)

Okay so I am here but late... I really need to get back to the Dis on the regular. But, these days, if it isn't something I can read on my phone, I just don't get to it much. Anyway, I digress....

I'm excited to follow along! As you know, I was there! Hahaha. Maybe I'll make an appearance! :)

Oh you need to try it! I think Citricos is really our #1 signature but Narcoossee's is tied for 2nd for me with Tiffin's and definitely Chris's #1. There's a recent thread on the Restaurant board about bad service there but in about 9 dinners there we've never had bad service OR a bad meal.
Chad and I have a ADR for Citricos with friends, on our adults only trip. However...I'd rather do Narcossee's or Cali Grill. Not necessarily from experience but just from things I have heard. We'll be happy ether way, though, I'm sure.

Okay, I'm on page 3...let me get back to reading...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!