A real life “Frozen” adventure. A very chilly dining report, Dec’17-Jan'18 COMPLETED 6/15

Great report...sorry to hear about your mom! The crowds around parade times can be so frustrating. We usually scoot through the stores to avoid some of that!

Yes, we usually do that as well but the scooter does not get around the store displays very well! Thanks for reading!

Just started reading your reviews. Your Mum sounds very much like my MIL. She doesn't have allergies but is a picky eater and, consequently, ends up with grilled salmon 90% of the time. I have sworn I will never travel with her again (but that has more to do with her looking at her watch if I dare to order a drink before 5pm lol)

I love your face in the umbrella picture! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you! My husband refused to travel with my mom for a period of time but has relented. He is usually a great sport about it, God bless him! The kids and I take some smaller trips with my mom without him along, which suits him just fine!

Chapter 6 - Part 2
A little family disunity to keep it interesting

After FoP, it was time to get my AK Starbucks mug so we got a few coffees and the mug. This location was about empty! I was really surprised because the park was busy and it was COLD. But I wasn’t about to complain. I had my usual non-fat with whip mocha and it was tasty as usual. We shopped a bit and the girls bought a few gifts for their friends while Andrew explored the surroundings.

lt-qZfPNiICpEpkVwcjxGV_vVP_MSBM_yQ0kMwNrqzgpX92IB.jpg

See how happy my mom is! Happy happy joy joy!!! We Safaried, Whirled, explored Everest some more and headed over to use our newly acquired FP’s for Lion King. On the way, we refilled our popcorn bucket and Natalie and Anabelle got frozen lemonades. We went to have the PhotoPass photographer take our pictures with the Tree of Life in the background and while we were waiting, Natalie put her lemonade on a rock and quickly proceeded to knock it off. She was sad, but had already drunk quite a bit so it was OK. Anabelle requested some cinnamon nuts since she loves them and had been wanting them all day. She asked if anyone else wanted any and no one did so she just got one pack of pecans. Well then my mom asked for some and took about half so I went back to get more. Anabelle was upset and thought I was mad at her because she had complained about sharing. I texted her that I was not upset at her at all, I knew she wanted her own and should have assumed my mom would decide she wanted some. The second batch was fresher, we must have just gotten the last of the other batch before. They were quickly eaten up.

Gi12FFvKWERxPa3qJCwrogZkENzJdnRxK0AMRYLMoaopX92IB.jpg

Natlie had on at least 4 layers!

After the show, we watched the monkeys for a while since we had just missed getting on the trail to see the baby tigers (they close it at 5). One of the keepers waded across the monkey lagoon with a pail of food, that was pretty interesting. The monkeys were super active and fun to watch!

EbTDa2v06IfVmpBGknvvsj-q07rjnxDRGqmQzm8RWHgpX92IB.jpg

7fblYFDykJ9XJjwC17cGUAPG3fsrGqUhuoSwo01YAscpX92IB.jpg

Mom decided that now was when she wanted her make up latte so I got her one from the Joffrey’s cart, she said it was very good. Anabelle wanted some Falafel from Mr. Kamals and Rebecca wanted some too so we stopped and got two orders. They were very spicy for falafel! No pita bread, just served on top of some tzatziki sauce. Anabelle finished hers and I had one of Rebecca’s since they were a little beyond her spicy tolerance. No pictures, sorry! It was too cold to take off my gloves!

We had some time before sunset, we wanted to stay to see Pandora at night. So I suggested trying the Nomad Lounge for some drinks and snacks. We found two table next to each other in the lounge. The waiter asked us not to move them together so we were a little spread out. I left one of the chairs with a back for my mom and the waiter showed her a good place to park the scooter and plug it in. She was not interested in ordering anything from the drink or starter menus.

qu4X6ezxs5EQIw3yDtSKfoO6O8QWtxI9ZN9RG8QE7BMpX92IB.jpg

This was our seating arrangement, Anabelle and I were in backless chairs opposite from John, Natalie, and Andrew. My mom was in a comfy chair just to the right of Rebecca. This comes into play later......

gu7JBheX-b07_iljqp8BcDGZXPSdP2DHPNNIsU4Kk64pX92IB.jpg

Andrew and Natalie said they were hungry so Andrew ordered the Beef Sliders. The waiter said the pad Thai wasn’t super spicy so we ordered that mostly for Natalie. We also ordered the bread service and the cheese tray.

S1LRHIzI96XYQpapK_32UZF-gqx9nw_Byy5thV9_TdopX92IB.jpg

African-Spiced Wagyu Beef Sliders - vinegared potatoes $15

Andrew didn’t share a single taste and left not a crumb so I will say they passed inspection!

Selection of Artisanal Cheeses - chef's selection of accoutrements $16

There was a type of feta, a Brie like cheese coated with herbs, a mild Parmesan like cheese, and a bleu with a piece of wild honey comb on top. There were some flatbread like crackers with a sweet jam on them, some Marcona almonds and some unidentifiable jelly cubes on the tray. The kids liked it all but the bleu, I enjoyed all four.

Vegetarian Pad Thai - spicy peanut sauce $11

I was surprised at what a nice size this was! Natalie got her fill and was happy to share. It was not super spicy and had a nice amount of tofu in it.

zjAyPB_-xXKJ2LqSPDMxaGzaKuaLkGTwEu10LAT1SospX92IB.jpg

Tiffins Bread Service - Tadka, black-eyed pea hummus, zhough yogurt $10

Our dips were different, we had a baba ghanoush, an apricot chutney, and chickpea chutney. I have no idea what the Tadka would be, that is a cooking technique not really a dish? Any way, the baba ghanoush was most popular with our group. The breads were a tender Naan, a pomegranate bread that was similar in consistency to banana bread, and a crispy poppadom type cracker. The kids did not care for the pomegranate bread, I thought it was OK but the Naan and poppadom were big hits.

Rebecca just had water but the other kids ordered specialty drinks.

Anabelle was not crazy about hers. It was not very sweet and tasted like a weak berry tea. I liked the taste I had but as she is not really an iced tea fan, I’m not surprise that she really didn’t enjoy it very much.

Balinese Breeze - Indonesia; a non-alcoholic version of the Dalang's Delight; mountain berry tea, simple syrup, lemon juice $4.5

Natalie said the watermelon flavor tasted weird. Tasted like fake watermelon to me? Not sure what she was expecting.

Kiama Mamma - America; watermelon and Sprite $5.5

Andrew had no complaints and drained his quickly!

Lilly Gorill-ie - America; strawberry and Sprite $4.5

I had the Boto-Rita, I’ve recently decided that I am a Mezcal fan so wanted to try this. The waiter did warn me about the cracked pink peppercorns on top when he served it. They added a nice dimension to a very tasty cocktail! The grapefruit and guava were a good combination with the smoky Mezcal. Yum!!!

Boto-Rita - Central and South America; Zignum Reposado Mezcal, Combier grapefruit liqueur, guava puree, and lime juice $11.25

John went with the Tempting Tigress, also very delicious. We would both love to come back here and try some more of the drink offerings, not the typical Pina-colava like on the rest of property. (Not that I don’t love the Pina-colava, I do!)

Tempting Tigress - Indonesia; Russell's Reserve 10yr bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind syrup, and lime juice $13

VlgKH0Eh9Ufkzx9SdX1g8aEUJhINcjBspeUkStZINxQpX92IB.jpg

Our total was $94.95 after our $18.40 TiW discount.

When the food was served, my mom came over and looked at it all and asked the waiter what everything was. She then declared there was nothing on the table she could eat and went to sit back down at the other table with Rebecca. Now keep in mind that she told me that she didn’t want anything to eat here and did not ask about any accommodations they could make for her. The server also asked her several times if he could get her anything and she declined each time. I had told her this was going to be an early dinner/heavy snack as we didn't have any ADR's for the evening. As we were leaving, she rushed out and sat outside with her arms crossed and looking very hostile. I asked her if there was anything wrong and she said she was pissed. I asked why and she said that I kept excluding her, making her sit away from everyone, and there was nothing there that she could eat. Sigh. She gets this way at least once or twice on most trips we take together. I told her that we could have gotten her something to eat there and she said the only thing they had that she could eat was dry bread and she didn’t want that. Ok then. I asked her if she wanted me to go get her something somewhere else and that we would probably get something else later since this was really just a snack for most of us. She didn’t want anything and said she would just eat a frozen waffle in the room later. She ended up pouting for the next half hour or so as we went through Pandora at night, she didn't even want to look at the Satuli Canteen menu. She then decided she wanted to leave so I walked with her to where she could find the exit (since she pulled the "if I can even find my way out, I guess I will just ride around and eventually find the exit"). I then went to find the rest of the gang in Dinoland where they had gone to ride Primeval Whirl again. We ended up not getting anything else at the park and just had some snacks back in the room after the park closed at 8. I guess mom had a waffle? Not really sure. She was in bed by the time we got back. Overall, it wasn't the worst day we have ever had with her (oh the stories I could tell!!!!), but it was definitely the low point of this trip with her. The kids just rolled their eyes and asked how I lived with her for so long (as if I had a choice!), they gave her ample space for the next few days just in case!!!!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry but your story is just bringing back so many memories. On a positive note, I am glad you enjoyed Nomad Lounge. We tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it. A real oasis of calm in the sea of madness that is Pandora. We had the poutine and the ribs, which were absolutely wonderful. Those breads look good though.

Following along! Thanks for the great food reviews! Sorry about your mom. Those scooters require a lot of patience in crowds and it sounds like she was just not going to make the effort. At least your kids can now appreciate how awesome you are, right?

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry but your story is just bringing back so many memories. On a positive note, I am glad you enjoyed Nomad Lounge. We tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it. A real oasis of calm in the sea of madness that is Pandora. We had the poutine and the ribs, which were absolutely wonderful. Those breads look good though.

I am so glad we got to try it too, definitely a must do for future trips. It was too cold to sit outside, but it looked like a great place to relax in warmer weather. Inside was nice and cozy! On a side note, a good friend of mine growing up’s parents were actually named Fred and Wilma! You can imagine the hilarity that caused in our preteen group of friends!

Following along! Thanks for the great food reviews! Sorry about your mom. Those scooters require a lot of patience in crowds and it sounds like she was just not going to make the effort. At least your kids can now appreciate how awesome you are, right?

Indeed they do! I do love my mom but patience with others had never been her strong suit!

The more you tell of your mom's exploits the more i see my Grandma (not that she would be caught dead in Disney). The heavy snacks sound scrumptious!!!

I can't believe the weather you all are experience. Certainly does look like the Florida I know.

Glad to hear you all enjoyed Tusker House, its the one and only character dining experience that we've come to enjoy. Though blasphemy for not bringing you a drink menu. The African Bloody Mary is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of beauty, so excited you got to try Nomad's. Its one of our favorite spots in the park and never disappoints in the drinks of food department. Sorry we can't say the same about your Mom. Poor lady you wouldn't even let her eat :P

Bless your heart, you have so much patience!

Years of practice! LOL!

My goodness! Hoping the trip got better from that point.

The weather did thankfully improve, although it never really did get warm!

The more you tell of your mom's exploits the more i see my Grandma (not that she would be caught dead in Disney). The heavy snacks sound scrumptious!!!

I'm finding lots of families have a similar grandma! They were delicious, wish I had some right now!

I can't believe the weather you all are experience. Certainly does look like the Florida I know.

Glad to hear you all enjoyed Tusker House, its the one and only character dining experience that we've come to enjoy. Though blasphemy for not bringing you a drink menu. The African Bloody Mary is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of beauty, so excited you got to try Nomad's. Its one of our favorite spots in the park and never disappoints in the drinks of food department. Sorry we can't say the same about your Mom. Poor lady you wouldn't even let her eat :P

I am still a little put out about not getting the cocktail menu, I would have asked at the time but didn't even think about it until it was too late! At least the Nomad Lounge somewhat made up for it! Even if they had NOTHING my mom could eat! :rolleyes1

Chapter 7 - Part 1
Where Did Your iPhone Go?

Another fine breakfast in the room, although today my mom decided that she cannot actually eat any of the breakfast stuff she bought at Publix because she can't eat until 90 minutes after she takes her medicine. Not quite sure a) how she forgot that, seeing as she takes the same meds everyday, b) why she can't get up a few minutes earlier to have enough time to eat before we leave, or c) why that should be anyone's issue other than hers. So after a bit of a fuss, she put some cereal in a cup to eat at the busstop. When the bus arrived, she backed up superfast to get to the door and hit the trashcan and turned her scooter over AGAIN. Not quite as dramatic as at MK, no paramedics this time. She decided she still wanted to go to the park so we went ahead on the bus.

We made it to DHS in time for opening and did the few rides available before our 11:20 ADR at SciFi. It was still chilly, but at least the rain had left. I'll take just cold over cold and wet any day!

81DlZO0F8z8Gfujza_3bQHvr3RzUQgDKkgsa7_R8KnkpX92IB.jpg

Natalie was worried about her first ride on RnRC, but she loved it!!! It was Andrew's first ride as well since last trip it was closed for refurbishement. He was impressed by the guitar, he knew just what kind it was (I have no idea).

Z9yaN6y3k3Am5qECbiyVC4U6E-uxyu3bB4MfDZm6LmQpX92IB.jpg

We were about 15 minutes late to check in at Sci-Fi as it took a lot longer at TSMM that we had anticipated since we had to use the handicapped loading area and even though we got right up there since we had FP’s, we had to wait for the second handicapped vehicle to go through the ride since the first one that came only sat 6 because it had the spot for a person who can’t transfer from their chair. And the quickest way from there to SciFi is now a dead end because of the construction. Anyway, it wasn’t a problem and we were seated right away. I felt the need for some hard liquor, it had been a long week already! So I got the Magical Star, complete with glowing ice cube. Hit the spot and was very tropically! The temperature was in the 50’s so it was time to live it up!

HByzDzGakGZlaHEMC0y2ionHYy80gZD00AaSE0fQw68pX92IB.jpg

Magical Star Cocktail - X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Multicolored Glow Cube $12.5

John had the specialty shake, which was mocha. Andrew had a cookies-n-cream shake, Anabelle had a Vanilla Coke, and I don’t know what Nat and Rebecca had to drink since they were in the way back and I was in the front seat!

M_RDygX-Oz7ZPBGAyL72j7wB-eHiAPnEeDvhVybRoSQpX92IB.jpg

The chef came out to speak to my mom and she ended up with the turkey sandwich, the chef said it was all safe for her.

Oven-Roasted Turkey Sandwich - house-brined herb-roasted turkey served on a fresh-baked multigrain croissant with bacon, lettuce, vine-ripened marinated tomatoes, and cilantro-avocado aioli $15

She enjoyed it but said it was a little dry so had them bring extra mayo. She had plain, lightly salted fries with it.

We had the fried pickles and Spinach-Artichoke dip for a appetizers. Neither was safe for mom (the chef did ask if she wanted an appetizer but she declined). Both were good, pretty standard. The pickles were hot and crisp. I prefer when they are coins, but the spears were fine. The dip was the same as at every other place that serves it in the country. I enjoyed the few bites I had.

Y7WaSA5gjffTdcw8F4zCvfuv4fhvPwgthuJ6drlphn0pX92IB.jpg

Spinach and Artichoke Dip - A blend of Monterey Jack and Parmesan, Spinach, and Artichokes served with Corn Tortilla Chips $8.5

Fried Dill Pickles - served with Ranch Dipping Sauce $9

John and I both had the “Specialty Burger” which was the Southern Burger. I thought it was pretty good. The pimento cheese was a little weak. We live in the Deep South where pimento cheese is taken very seriously and this would not have cut it in most homes. It was fine, just nothing spectacular. The fried green tomato was good, crisp and two nice sized slices. As you can tell from the picture, I had to reassemble the burger. It was a slippery proposition to eat so I wimped out and used my fork. John thought it was pretty good as well. The fries were hot and tasty and just the right amount.

0pR779BnewGEifPME9JTPf0wYXo3qgh5s3ztwjoBkbMpX92IB.jpg

Southern Burger - our signature blend of beef on a brioche roll, topped with a fried green tomato, house-made pimento cheese, bacon and lettuce $19

Rebecca had the steak and ate every last bit of it so it had to be good. She said the macaroni was delicious as well.

Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak - with red wine demi glace, creamy-four cheese macaroni and cheese with bacon-panko crust and seasonal vegetables topped with onion straws $32

Andrew had the chicken pasta and Anabelle had the shrimp. They were both huge portions, neither finished them. Andrew gave me a few of his okra to try and they were nice and crispy, well executed. Not sure they really worked with the pasta dish but I give them points for originality.

j_Vs1DZC92nBqpLSUcEBpia-NC2aFlkYP-r72vB4QDcpX92IB.jpg

Blackened Shrimp or Chicken Pasta - penne pasta tossed in a four-cheese sauce topped with asparagus, fried okra, red bell pepper, onions, tomato, and served with garlic bread and parmesan, also available with whole-wheat penne pasta; with chicken $24; with shrimp $25

From the receipt it appears that Natalie had the kids’ cheeseburger. Didn’t hear much about it so it must have been fine.

As we were getting ready to leave, Rebecca couldn’t find her phone. She had it during the meal so we knew it had to be close by. Well it had fallen in the seat and actually underneath the bench. There was not room to reach down to get it so we quickly took the bench seat off and Natalie scuttled underneath to rescue it. It’s handy having a small one around!

c6UnzZAyelx1UJc5sJ7jn7uGIACsY0RraJA3AyhuBDMpX92IB.jpg

I rounded up the tip so it was exactly $200, after our $38.34 TiW discount. We had a Star Tours FP+, so we finished up lunch and headed out to save the galaxy! (I didn't get a pic, but Andrew was the Rebel Spy!!!!)

Attachments

• aKn7bFCT5HvK7zG15ei7J2ru5i3TBpWLcGmsDSBFpdApX92IB.jpg
    aKn7bFCT5HvK7zG15ei7J2ru5i3TBpWLcGmsDSBFpdApX92IB.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
  • j_Vs1DZC92nBqpLSUcEBpia-NC2aFlkYP-r72vB4QDcpX92IB.jpg
    j_Vs1DZC92nBqpLSUcEBpia-NC2aFlkYP-r72vB4QDcpX92IB.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
Loving your report! You are a very witty story teller! Your mom, oh my! I have to say she rivals mine, so I feel for you. Sorry the weather was so yucky. We were there December 8th-16th, and it was cold, but at least sunny most days, and no rain. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Loving your report! You are a very witty story teller! Your mom, oh my! I have to say she rivals mine, so I feel for you. Sorry the weather was so yucky. We were there December 8th-16th, and it was cold, but at least sunny most days, and no rain. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Thank you! I guess I'll feel sorry for you too! :goodvibes She keeps life interesting in any case!!! Welcome aboard!!!!

Chapter 7 - Part 2
Time to Kick Back for a Bit

After Star Tours and looked over the model in One Man’s Dream for the new Toy Story Land. It looks pretty promising! It was finally warm enough for me to get a Mickey bar to eat without having to wear my gloves!

vq7AcJ4Fks-lV0KpTDFZ0w0ECa1_rqXFWdQ_LUh0TMUpX92IB.jpg

Natalie had one too, but kept her gloves on!

OGYDGgLOty-DfLiD1OyJP30Z7kdnB4z-yj-6NvE3hrkpX92IB.jpg

The rest of the crew opted for coffee and I needed my DHS Starbucks mug so we headed to the Trolley Car Cafe and got in another long line, par for the course at DHS these days! My mom had misunderstood where we were going and was clear over by Star Tours but she came back over by the time I was getting to the front of the line. I asked her if she wanted anything and she said she needed to look at the menu, as if she hasn’t been to Starbucks 1,000 times and doesn’t always order one of two things. She decided she wanted something out of the bakery case so had Andrew bring her just about everything in there for her to look at before she decided on a Napoleon and her normal grande decaf non-fat no foam latte. :rolleyes: Total, including my mug (which I was able to use my 20% DVC discount on!) $40.18. I earned 5 free menu items this trip on my Starbucks app, one of our days was even double points! Wish I had bought some Starbucks stock years ago.....

Mug and coffees in hand, we headed to the buses and were back in the room by 3pm. On the bus back I tried to book an ADR at the Turf Club on My Disney Experience. Like when we were at Epcot, I got an error when I got to the screen to secure the reservation with the card I have on file. I ended up just calling 407-WDW-DINE and doing it the old fashioned way even though it took about 15 minutes between the hold time and all the rigmarole you have to go through when you book on the phone. But we got dinner for 7 at 5:05pm which worked out perfectly.

Back at the room we relaxed. I finished of the tiny bit of Champagne that was left from the other night.

5Sz3jenENVXYLntUnq6ZhzT46xOKp21Wyc-_KHiN7MspX92IB.jpg

The big girls ran to the hot tub for a bit, Natalie and Andrew played on their devices and my mom rested in her room. We walked over to the carriage house and checked in at the Turf Club. We had never eaten here but it has consistently good reviews.

First on the agenda, drinks!!!

I ordered a Walk the Plank (Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye Whisky, Orange Juice, Orgeat (almond), and fresh Lemon Juice garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries-$12) and John had a Smoked Turkey (Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine, and Odwalla Lemonade with a hint of Hickory Smoke, garnished with Luxardo Maraschino Cherries-$12). Both were amazing, the Smoked Turkey had a great smoky flavor and the Orgeat really brought a nice dimension to the Walk the Plank. My mom had a sparkling dry white, not sure of the name but it was $9.

Our server was desperately trying to sell the $58 Prix Fixe dinner that included a salad, onion soup, a 16 oz T-bone, and and apple something for dessert. No one really wanted that much beef so we passed on it. The chef came out to discuss my mom’s choices. She settled on the prime rib with asparagus and mashed potatoes.

WGhbdBzFFWbZkZ6vfd8PSiV4ja-AiiMd_ktKZMfQuPkpX92IB.jpg

While my kids are definitely phone-addicted, they did not stay on them the whole time! Just liked this picture of my girls! Two bread baskets of roasted garlic/rosemary rolls were brought out along with butter topped with pink salt. The rolls were OK. We all agreed that they sounded better than they tasted. It would have helped it they were warm but they were quite chilly. Somewhat disappointing, but the rest of the meal picked up!

5We8MgUC9IMp8Gg0ATx65XZTxs5ZYpwsy_AY5cnhVwopX92IB.jpg

My mom’s prime rib was rare as ordered. She said it was actually pretty tough, she ate about half and had the rest boxed up. As you can see, it was a huge serving of asparagus! The potatoes were under the meat. Natalie went with the kids’ prime rib which I don’t see on any posted menus. It was served with broccolini and roasted potatoes. As you might be able to tell from her expression in the picture, she was disappointed when she noticed she had roasted potatoes and not mashed like my mom, which are her favorite. Our server noticed and quickly brought Natalie out her own bowl of mashed potatoes!

yzZc9PxguWj1SR9C8KW0jiUM-f7s1I2vi1vglb0fKKEpX92IB.jpg

Rancher's Reserve Prime Rib - Yukon gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, and au jus $32

Rebecca wasn’t feeling up to a big meal so she ordered the mushroom soup for her meal. This was SO thick, it was really like a chopped mushroom stew. I tried a bite of it with my fork and none even dripped off! It was very earthy and delicious with a little pool of the herb oil on top. The picture is actually of John's soup, the cocktail is his, not our 16 year old's!

uQIAIv_alglR_xslZ-7Gld8FGXMJOggcO-HEOy6xhjgpX92IB.jpg

Creamy Forest Mushroom Soup - herb oil and crispy shiitake mushrooms $8

John and Anabelle both had the sustainable fish special. It was cobia served on a lemon risotto. Anabelle also ordered a side of asparagus. This was delicious! I had a few bites of Anabelle’s and pretty much all of the tomato/garlic relish that was on top of hers. The fish was light and perfectly seasoned and the lemony risotto was the perfect accompaniment. Both Anabelle and John gave it high marks.

G-tX9sX7KkjZk-oUjam3-o-dGj6F9gAqnM6brPLhmyQpX92IB.jpg

Today's Sustainable Fish - chef's selection of accompaniments $Market Price

Andrew went with the fried chicken, subbing asparagus for the green beans. He liked it although he said the chicken was a bit bland. He was impressed with the macaroni (even though it was really orecchiette), it was very rich and flavorful. I did notice that they did NOT upcharge us for the asparagus which was nice, most places like to tack another $3-4 for that substitution.

squ8L2nvEGsinXQUK6HPHMffJU0CIw6ldhOQHJhZvkQpX92IB.jpg

Honestly, why do I bother with pictures of him? What is it about teenage boys and the need to look like idiots in pictures? :confused3

Crispy Fried Chicken - house-made garlic-herb mac & cheese, haricot vert almandine $25

I had the pan seared scallops. These were phenomenal! I love scallops but they are easy to over cook. These were tender and flavorful and a good sized portion. The succotash was also excellent, creamy corn with zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and fresh herbs. I about licked the bowl clean! Our server told me when I ordered the scallops that another runner would be serving and clearing my plate as she had a severe shellfish allergy and couldn’t even touch my plate! That was a first for me!

yBDL-39ZZror3hp7l9YEDkX1a9rZOQVRbOh5ydCliRspX92IB.jpg

Pan-seared Sea Scallops - Creamy Sweet Corn-Vegetable Succotash - $28.00

Overall we were all very pleased with our meals. We were too stuffed for dessert. Total $215, including drinks, after $40.90 TiW discount)

We took the boat over to Disney Springs, it was a crazy chilly boat ride! Did some shopping and walked back to the resort and hit the hay! Only two days left!
:guilty:

Last edited:
What an awesome meal at Turf's Club. It's never been on my radar at all, but it looks like they have great food and drink at even better prices. I love scallops and fish, so those dishes look exceptionally good.

Just found your report. Loving your writing style. And the mom situation - I feel your pain! Luckily, after my mom had a falling out with my brother ( that isn’t the lucky part ) , she isn’t as bad as she used to be. Used to be all about her and if it wasn’t - she would make everyone else miserable . Looking forward to the rest .

We are thinking of trying Turf CLub for the first time in November. I can't really tell, from your review, whether it will be wroth it or not. I like the fact that they were happy to make subs and not upcharge you.

loving your reviews and commentary! :)

Thank you!!!

What an awesome meal at Turf's Club. It's never been on my radar at all, but it looks like they have great food and drink at even better prices. I love scallops and fish, so those dishes look exceptionally good.

I am also a sucker for scallops and these were SO good! The cobia was also very tasty, I'm not sure I had had it before that night. I've since ordered it at Bonefish here at home and it was good there too. Nice and meaty but not dry or fishy.

Just found your report. Loving your writing style. And the mom situation - I feel your pain! Luckily, after my mom had a falling out with my brother ( that isn’t the lucky part ) , she isn’t as bad as she used to be. Used to be all about her and if it wasn’t - she would make everyone else miserable . Looking forward to the rest .

Thanks! Yes, she has good and bad days. I'm an only child so I get all the good and the bad. Is it is.

Just found your report and am loving it.

Thank you! Welcome!

We are thinking of trying Turf CLub for the first time in November. I can't really tell, from your review, whether it will be wroth it or not. I like the fact that they were happy to make subs and not upcharge you.

We enjoyed it and will likely do it again when staying at SSR. Not sure if I would make a special trip to the resort for it or not.

SO sorry it has been so long since my last update! Life and all that you know! It is softball season here now and Natalie has practice or a game 5 days a week. Doesn't leave much time to do anything else it seems like sometimes! But I do have the last of the trip written up so I should be wrapping it up soon!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!