• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Quick Question for Kevin

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
...say that ten times fast. ;)

After looking at a map, I can see it is very easy to get to the Doctor Phillips area of Orlando where you mentioned that good pizza place is located. However, I can't quite remember the name of the restaurant. I think I'm going to do Disney quite differently this June. I don't think I'm going to remain as loyal to Disney eating establishments and head off-property for a few meals. I'm a bit ticked about the recent price increases that seems to hit the little guy right in the pocket.

I'll be in Spring Hill, FL for about a week before driving to WDW and there's not a good pizza joint to be found there. So, by the time I get to WDW, I'll be jonesing for a good pizza!

Many thanks in advance
Sam

They mentioned two...

The one they discussed in the Dr. Phillips area was Cariera's Cucina:

www.carieras.com

7600 Dr Phillips Blvd # 12
Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 351-1187

and the one in the other direction was NYPD Pizza:

www.nypdpizza.net

2589 S Hiawassee Rd
Orlando, FL 32835
(407) 472-9894

The address here is (I believe) the downtown Orlando location. But the website should have all of the locations listed.

Hope this helps!

In our house, we share Pete's view when it comes to pizza. It is a sacred experience! :lmao:

And I was so thrilled a couple of weeks ago when they discussed this...we have tried and failed SO MANY times to get decent pizza when on our Disney vacations, so I ran right home and wrote down both locations and filed it with my Disney stuff. Granted, I am a native New Yorker, so I am sure that this will not be "real" pizza, but I have been living away from NY for long enough now that I have learned to settle for "decent." At least we are still in New England, though, where people know what pizza is...and that it does NOT include BBQ chicken! :lmao:

Yes, I'm from Chicago and a good pizza ranks right up there with a religious experience too! I know of which you speak. Also, I've learned that there is a Giordanos on 535 just off Hotel Plaza Blvd! As a Chicagoan, I can state that Giordanos has some really good pie! However, it is Chicago style and I know the New York folks don't think of Chicago style pizza the same way they think of NY style.

I'm from upstate NY and John is from NJ.

Pizza is just different and not so great in FL. We hear it it has something to do with the water and humidity.

It's even hard to find good crusty bread....and bagels....we wont even talk about bagels.

We went to NJ last summer and ate bagels and pizza until I thought we'd be ill.

3DisneyKids did my job for me . Thanks 3DK

THe NYPD pizza is at the intersection of SR 5353 and Highway 192 in the Publix plaza.

Carieras Cucina is in the DR. Phillips area which runs along Sand Lake Road. This is now known as Restaurant Row. There are numerous restaurants along this stretch of SLR.

To get there...exit Disney property via Hotel Plaza Blvd. At SR 535 (across from the Crossroads) take a left.

Your next major inetrsection will be Palm Parkway. The Orlando Ale House is on the far left corner.

Keep going on SR 535. You will travel through a very nice residential area known as Bay Hill. A lot of the professional golfers have homes in Bay Hill.

There will be a redlight ar Sand Lake Road. Take a right. You are now in the section known as Restaurant Row.

There is a great Publix here (great fried chicken and chicken fingers to go). There is a Branes and Noble. There's a Walgreens and a CVS drugstore.

This is all just minutes from Disney and I Drive.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin and again, thanks to 3DK! I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of Orlando on this next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter