A quick album - is it possible?

BevS97

disney scrapper
my brother get's married in a couple of weeks, and I would like to make my mum a small (5x7) album for her to take to work/show her friend etc. In order for her to do this, I need to produce it in about a week.

Is this possible? I was thinking of a 5x7 size, so that it would be portable, and collecting stickers, paper etc in advance. I have read that some people go as far as to plan each page before the pictures come back - is that really feasible - I usually use the pictures for inspiration.

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Bev

Bev,
Yes it is possible! I started an 8x10 graduation album for my son Sunday night and I sorta finished last night - 26 pages! Sunday night I sorted the pictures to figure out which ones I wanted to use. Monday night I did a power layout to figure out which pictures would go on which pages. Tuesday night I started cropping and got 21 pages done. Last night I made finishing touches on the 21 pages and did five more pages. Now tonight and tomorrow night my husband and I are going to finish the journaling and we'll give it to my son on Saturday. Ta da!!

The key for me was not doing fancy pages. It was mostly borders with paper and/or stickers. I cropped most of the pictures into squares and corner rounded them and I had a few circles and ovals here and there, but not on every page. I thought the book might look boring if I kept it simple, but quite frankly I really like the way it looks!

Also, if you want to save yourself a lot of time and hassle, see your Creative Memories Consultant for a 5x7 album and a Wedding Snap Pack. The Snap Pack is only $10 and has everything you need to decorate all the pages of a 5x7 Sentiments album - paper, stickers, and examples of how to decorate every page using the supplies included. It's awesome! I put one together and it took my one hour.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Lisa

Hi, Bev:

You can do it! :)

I've done several quick albums. The most recent was for my best friend's wedding (my son and I both stood up & my dh got lots of great photos). I got the photos developed 1-hour at Walmart, and then got the whole album together in about 3 days.

I used stickers, paper and die cuts all made by Frances Meyer -- they all had the same theme and colors, so even though the pages weren't identical (I have done that, too, for a cruise dh & I took -- all the same background paper, photo corners, ink color and fonts), they all blended perfectly. I had collected what I needed ahead of time, so it came together quickly. I also didn't do any "fancy" cropping -- mostly just rounded corners.

I hope this helps -- this can be a great way to "jump-start" your scrappin', even once the small project is over. :)

I did a 5x7 album a few weeks ago as a gift for a family that was moving. It was very last minute, and I ended up only having 3 days to finish it! I did it, though. I think the album being 5x7 made it faster because the pages are so small. There's not a whole lot of room for extra stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter