A question for the moms or dads...

ibleedblue

DIS Veteran
I don't know if this belongs on the disABILITIES board or not, but here goes. My DW is 6 months pregnant and we have a week long trip coming up in a week and a half with her family. At our ultrasound last week, the doctor noted a heart arrythmia...nothing major or uncommon at 26 weeks, but he wants her checked at least once a week to make sure our baby's heart rate doesn't become elevated and stay elevated. Today at her regular OB appointment (the first since the ultrasound...no sign of arrythmia today), she was told that she was going to have to see someone while we're at WDW to have the baby's heart rate checked. We're in NC and have no clue if there is a place close by that would check this for us. Can anyone offer some assistance as to a place close to WDW where we can have this done? We're staying off site at Windsor Palms and we're driving down, so getting around isn't a problem, but, naturally, we'd prefer something relatively close. Thanks!

Greg

I would first ask the Dr's office if they know of a place close.

if they don't, I would check the walk in clinic that I have heard is near DTD. I have read on another thread somewhere that there is a clinic that is like an urgent cared. I am assuming your wife is being hooked up to a fetal heart monitor.
I had to do that when i was pregnant with my now 9 yr old twins. I had to do it 3 times a week for 2 months. That was the only thing that kept me out of the hospital on total bed rest.

I would call the clinic beforehand and see if they have the right equipment. if not, ask Dr office to recommend a clinic near and make the appt for you. that way you know where and when.

if you can't get an answer from dr office or the walk in clinic, the other option is the ER. that is the last resort and EXPENSIVE option.

depending upon what type of insurance you have, you might also be able to check with your insurance carrier. often you can give them the zip code and they can tell you who's nearest that's in their network.

Thanks for the replys. DW called several places today and no one was willing to accept a 'walk in' from out of state. That leaves us going to the ER, and we're not sitting around 6 hours to have the heartrate checked for 1 minute. DW is a cardiac nurse, so we're renting a doppler to take with us so she can listen to the heartbeat each day. If it gets out of whack, then we can go to the ER.

Good luck on your trip. It sounds like you have worked everything out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter