A question for the Budget Board

Should we add a Community Sub Forum to the Budget Board?

• Yes, I want a community sub-forum

• No, I like the Budget Board the way it is now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact of the matter is this board is assigned a moderator/host (aka-mad4themouse) who has not been heard from since 11-09-2009, which is more than 2 years ago (but still listed as someone who actively hosts/moderates the BB). For whatever reasons only known to aka-mad4themouse, that person has (obviously) not been present on The DIS in a long, long time. Fix this oversight, and a majority of your problems will be solved.
How do you know who moderates, or is assigned to moderate this board or any of the boards?

The reason very few threads are locked on the budget board is because there is no moderator.
None of the boards show a moderator/s.

Hi everyone,

In taking a look over this board the last few weeks I see a wide variety of posts here, and while many of them deal with 'budget' related topics, there are some that don't. Since this is what we consider a 'very busy' board (lots of traffic), I was wondering if we should set up a separate community sub-forum here for posts that don't necessarily fall into the budget category. We've done this on some of our other large forums and its worked out well. Rather than just make a unilateral decision, I thought I'd post a poll to see what all of you thought. If you're happy with the board the way it is, that's fine and we can leave it alone. If you think a community sub-forum is a good idea, we can do that pretty easily. Just figured I'd ask for opinions :)

Thanks,
Pete
Truthfully I would like 2 sub forums...
The main topic imho should be DISNEY budget, then generalized budget subforum, then community...

A bit confused here and I have been on the Disboards for years. I don't think I post or start threads too often here but I have a question, was the Budget Thread intended only for Disney budget related discussions? I thought it was for all Budget related discussions. Or are people just discussing other "general"/non budget related discussions? I usually browse so fast, don't take notice. No biggie to me either way. Whatever the moderators decide, is fine with me and appreciate your work and efforts.

this is what I'm looking for so I can plan my trip budget

WebmasterPete - I KNOW! I GOT iT!! The DisBoard needs a new board called Check Your Dis Price. In the summary of the board it could say, Lay out the costs of your trip. Is you pricing too low or too high? Find tip, that others have find useful.

For years this forum has moved from Disney trip financial to financial in general and then to completely :offtopic: discussions. Possibly the forum moderators should be more aggressive in moving the OT threads into the CB instead of having a Budget CB.

I think that keeping it to allow any financial-related discussions is a good idea.
I agree!

I came to this board looking for Disney related budget discussions and the first bunch of threads had nothing to do with Disney - how do I get did of cable. Some looked like they were just made to provoke other people - Dept free except for mortgage.

I think I should avoid this forum!

The description for this board is "Learn the 'in and outs' of smart earning, saving, and spending your money. Our motto: 'Any dollar saved or earned is another dollar for Disney!' Be sure to visit our DIScounts Pagefor more Disney money saving tips! Cutting cable, for example, is a good way to save money for Disney. Or anything.

Hi everyone,

In taking a look over this board the last few weeks I see a wide variety of posts here, and while many of them deal with 'budget' related topics, there are some that don't. Since this is what we consider a 'very busy' board (lots of traffic), I was wondering if we should set up a separate community sub-forum here for posts that don't necessarily fall into the budget category. We've done this on some of our other large forums and its worked out well. Rather than just make a unilateral decision, I thought I'd post a poll to see what all of you thought. If you're happy with the board the way it is, that's fine and we can leave it alone. If you think a community sub-forum is a good idea, we can do that pretty easily. Just figured I'd ask for opinions :)

Thanks,
Pete
Cool

I believe this board should be used for Disney trip related budget topics only.
Again, the actual board description:
The description for this board is "Learn the 'in and outs' of smart earning, saving, and spending your money. Our motto: 'Any dollar saved or earned is another dollar for Disney!' Be sure to visit our DIScounts Pagefor more Disney money saving tips! Cutting cable, for example, is a good way to save money for Disney. Or anything.

A subforum for saving money at Disney would be most appreciated here. Then use the standard forum for misc budgeting discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!