A question for anyone who has stayed in a travelodge

gracieclaire

Mouseketeer
Hi we are a group of eight looking for somewhere to stay overnight before traveling to dlp. The cheapest is coming up as travelodge but we would have 2 rooms set up as

room 1 - 2a and 2c aged 14 and 12
room 2 - 2a and 2c aged 16 and 5

according to the website the 16yr old is an adult so my question is do you think they would check the age of 16yr old has anyone else done this and had problems or not :confused3

many thanks :lovestruc

I wouldn't worry about it tbh, booking two family rooms will work. They tend to be a double bed, a sofabed and a pull out bed - all of which are decent sized. I don't think that we had to put birth dates or anything in when we booked there and if you are really worried that someone will say something, go and get the room keys alone and then let the rest of the party in! Chances are that on the reception, they won't even notice (90% of the time that we stay in them there is no-one there anyway, you have to buzz for someone!)

we checked ourselvs in at the machine at the waterloo travel lodge they are so busy my DD is 14 and looks older but no one checked as they charge per room not per person i dont think it really matters .... of track but a few years ago at a stargate convention:confused3 (sad i know) we had a room four 4 and 8 of us stayed in it (naughty i know:rotfl2::lmao:)

Yes, all the budget hotels work on a 'per room' basis, rather than per person, and nobody ever checks who is actually staying in the room. The older children may not get decent sleep (if sleeping on a sofabed or pull out bed, because they tend to be a bit smaller), but as long as you realise that, it isn't an issue.

Breakfast may be a problem if you stay somewhere like Premier Inn though (children get a free breakfast, but each adult has to pay extra, so difficult to conceal extra older kids if you intend breakfast as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter