A question about shares!

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
We have already booked our holiday, bought half board etc. etc.

What I am thinking is, would it be worth buying the minimum number of shares in time for this trip for discount on Auberge, lunches etc?

How much would buying the minimum shares cost me and what is the discounts available?

Thank you

if you've already bought a half board plan, then no, theres no point getting shares for this trip - shareholders discount can't be combined with using a half board voucher.

for future trips though :) - yes, get shares, become a shareholder, and benefit from a straight 15% discount on your bill at all table/buffet service restaurants, compared to no discount/maybe 5% discount for using half board vouchers.

Auberge and lunches won't be included in our half board plan so 15% on that would be maybe 30e saving, and do you get discount off things like princess makeover and purchases/ride photos too?

Auberge and lunches won't be included in our half board plan so 15% on that would be maybe 30e saving, and do you get discount off things like princess makeover and purchases/ride photos too?

You can use your vouchers towards the cost of the meal - though they won't cover it fully you will not have to add more on top :)

You will not get a discount on the Princess make over or face painting in WDS, only on in store purchases (even though the face painting is paid for in store, you will not qualify for a discount)

You will get a discount on your ride photos and as mentioned, in store purchases :)

"Lunches" you will probably not get a discount on as it's only table service restaurants and buffets for a discount with shareholders card - though you will find that the restaurants are open only in the day from now on and counter service (NO discount) will be evening so if you count "lunch" as a proper meal, then your vouchers will cover that anyway.

You can use your vouchers towards the cost of the meal - though they won't cover it fully you will not have to add more on top :)

You will not get a discount on the Princess make over or face painting in WDS, only on in store purchases (even though the face painting is paid for in store, you will not qualify for a discount)

You will get a discount on your ride photos and as mentioned, in store purchases :)

"Lunches" you will probably not get a discount on as it's only table service restaurants and buffets for a discount with shareholders card - though you will find that the restaurants are open only in the day from now on and counter service (NO discount) will be evening so if you count "lunch" as a proper meal, then your vouchers will cover that anyway.

You can't get discount on ride photos. I have tried several times to be told no you can't use it:goodvibes

Also remembering that you get 10% discount in Disney Stores when you are back in the UK, assuming you are in the UK. I assume this also applies in other European countries - can anyone confirm or deny?

Also remembering that you get 10% discount in Disney Stores when you are back in the UK, assuming you are in the UK. I assume this also applies in other European countries - can anyone confirm or deny?

I remember reading it is across Europe:thumbsup2

I've had discount on ride photos in the past but haven't bought any in a long time so maybe they've stopped it?

No problem getting 10% discount in the Disney Store in Rome - I was disappointed that they didn't sell any pins but I got a lovely snowglobe, mug and coaster set, notebook and pen, and tote bag.

I've had discount on ride photos in the past but haven't bought any in a long time so maybe they've stopped it?

No problem getting 10% discount in the Disney Store in Rome - I was disappointed that they didn't sell any pins but I got a lovely snowglobe, mug and coaster set, notebook and pen, and tote bag.

I'm sure I have a some point but last year when I asked they all said no, so it may have stopped:confused3

The discounts & benefits of guests holding the shareholders club member card are :
(valid on the day of publication / some benefits or discounts may be cancelled or amended with no prior notice)

a) Discounts :

-> 15 % off on park tickets (1 day, 2 or 3 days, 1 park or hopper option) limited to 5 tickets per day per member.
-> 15 % off on annual passes. Not to be combined with any other offer except the family discount (for a single family, same address in agreement with annual pass brochure).
-> 10% off on Disney's hotels rooms. According to availability. Max of 2 consecutive nights and 2 rooms per stay. Can't be combined with any other offer.
-> 15% discount on table service and buffet restaurants in our Parks, Disney Hotels, Disney® Village and Golf Disneyland ( excludes Rainforest Café®, King Ludwig's Castle®, Planet Hollywood®, McDonald's™, and does not apply to meal vouchers, bars, or themed meals such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve and Dinner shows. Cannot be combined with any other promotional or special offers, including the Annual Passport offers or discounts)
-> 10% discount at Earl of Sandwich, in Disney Village. Valid for the shareholder plus 4 guests maximum.
-> BBWWS : Shareholders Club special rates:

First category seating: €61 per adult and €49 per child

Second category seating: €49 per adult and €37 per child

Valid for card holder + four guests per day.
-> Up to 15% off in some boutiques (Certain articles indicated in individual boutiques may be excluded and some items may be limited to 10% such as collectibles -snow globe, glasses,...- and limited editions.
-> 10% reduction off the already discounted items at La Vallée Village on 6 boutiques of your choice
-> 10% discount for Shareholders Club members at Disney Stores allover Europe
-> 15% discount on green fees at Golf Disneyland
-> 10% discount on tickets for flights on Panoramagique (4 guests + shareholder)
-> Discounted rates on guided Tours of the Disney® Parks
-> 10% discount on your beauty treatments at the Celestia Spa for the shareholder exclusively -Indoor pool, Whirlpool bath, Sauna, Steam bath, Fitness room are reserved for Disneyland Hotel residents-.

Please note that you must hold a proper shareholder club member card to get any of these benefits. Some shops, restaurants or partner or offer might accept another proof but are not obliged to.

b) benefits :

-> Light coffee Break at Salon Mickey, at the entrance of the Disneyland® Park from 9:00 a.m. to noon each morning (access granted according to room space) for the member plus 5 family members or 4 friends.
-> Special events organized for members only of the Shareholders Club (avant premiere of films, attractions, season)

I can confirm that we got a discount on the ride photo's 9 days ago when we were there. :cool1: Just a quick heads up to anybody buying anything from the starwars shop by star tours, in there the manager told us we couldnt get the discount, anybody else had that in that particular store

Please note that you must hold a proper shareholder club member card to get any of these benefits. Some shops, restaurants or partner or offer might accept another proof but are not obliged to.

Dont worry if you have less than 6 weeks before you go and havent got your card through, just email the shareholder members website and ask them to send you a temporary membership letter, they responded within a few hours and the letter was with me within 2 days. The letter states that you are a shareholder and quotes your membership number and authorises staff to accept the letter as proof of membership. We had no problem with this being accepted throughout the time we were there 10 days ago, no further ID was requested.

I can confirm that we got a discount on the ride photo's 9 days ago when we were there. :cool1: Just a quick heads up to anybody buying anything from the starwars shop by star tours, in there the manager told us we couldnt get the discount, anybody else had that in that particular store

I think the photos are hit & miss with the discount. I've had no problem with using my discount in the Star Tours shop. I know there are certain exclusions such as Limited Edition stuff though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter