A quandary. What to do?

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
I got through my travel papers from Leger today to confirm my booking for my November Trip :yay: :yay: However I was hoping to see the Bonfire Spectacular on November 10th but of course they have managed to book me in for Buffalo Bills for the 6:30 performance and I gather the fireworks start at 8ish. What are my chances of missing the fireworks? I don't want to ring up and get them to change my booking for Buffalo Bills - after my last trip I'm sure they've got me marked down as a real moaner :stir: :stir: But obviously if I've booked for the 'Bonfire Spectacular' it does seem a bit daft to book another show to cross over with the fireworks.

What does everyone think? Should I change my Buffalo Bill [assuming I can of course] or should I just bite the bullet and hope that I get out of the show in time to see at least some of the fireworks.

I'm fairly certain that last year, the Bonfire Spectacular didn't start until 8.30 - so I think you would be out of Buffalo Bills in time. Bear in mind it might well be very crowded in the Village by then - it might be worth catching the bus back to SL at that point.

But if I were you, I would try and change your evening for BBs - otherwise you've going to be squashing two events into one evening, whereas it might be nicer to spread them out. JMHO. :) And, if you do change, don't worry about Leger might think - it's your holiday.

Bexx said:
But if I were you, I would try and change your evening for BBs - otherwise you've going to be squashing two events into one evening, whereas it might be nicer to spread them out. JMHO. :) And, if you do change, don't worry about Leger might think - it's your holiday.

I agree :)

Nik I agree with others enjoy two nights of entertainment. It is your choice :thumbsup2

This would be cutting it way too close for comfort.

Woody

sorry have never been at Firework time, but as I've just wriiten in another post. Have never been able to justify the cost of the wild west show.

If I had a choice it would def be the fireworks

Thanks Guys. I've just been looking at another thread I've posted on which has just made the problem worse! :confused3 :confused3 One of the main reasons I wanted to go at that particular time was so that I would get to see Fantillusion which previous research had led me to believe would be on for at least one of the days I was there. [I hadn't even thought about the Bonfire Spectacular until my confirmation arrived!] So I think I am going to have to sacrifice some of the fireworks for the sake of the Parade and Buffalo Bills which I have already forked out for. A shame really but you never know - I might just get lucky :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

I'm sure that the Bonfire Spectacular starts late enough, so that people can also see Fantillusion beforehand. Is the 10th your last night - how many nights are you there for? If you "schedule" Fanillusion for your last night, then that gives you the best chance of it being on. Why not still arrange BBs for an earlier night - because if Fantillusion starts on the 10th and you're sitting in BBs you might be a bit peeved!!

Does that make any sense at all?!!!!

My holiday actually is from 9th November for 3 nights - I can't book or be certain of anything for the first night because I'm traveling by coach and I've no idea what time we are going to arrive. There's a good chance that we might get there in time to see the fireworks on the first night - assuming fireworks are happening on November 9th of course. But judging from what I've read Fantillusion starts on the 11th November which is my last night there - will be my only chance to see it if all I've read is correct. I'm keeping everything crossed - my intention was to see Fantillusion and to have a look at Buffalo Bills because I've never done either of those before. The fireworks are really an added extra - perhaps I'm just being greedy!

Okay, so it sounds like you're best to stick with the original itinerary. :goodvibes If Fantillusion is on on the 11th then you have at least one "event" each evening. :thumbsup2 I'm sure you will be able to get back to your hotel after BBs, in time to see the fireworks. As you say, it will be an added bonus. And you're not being greedy - you just picked a good time to go! :)

woody73 said:
This would be cutting it way too close for comfort.

Woody

I agree - it would be a mad rush to get there and get a decent spot. I would change.

FAO: anyone who's been to the fireworks in November,

How busy do the parks get in the daytime? Do the locals just come for the fireworks or are they in the parks all day too?

Hi Nik,

The Wild West show lasts an hour and a half (official time) allow an extra 10 -15 mins to leave the building, as you'll already be in the Village you might just have enough time to get to the lake bearing in mind the rest of the crowds will probably be heading that way too. Myself I would prefer and also given what you've previously mentioned about your medical history to get to the lake early and secure a decent spot.

You could try and change the booking for one of the 9.30 shows.

I assume the park will be closing at 8.00 then, so you could perhaps watch Fantillusion on the 11th and then go to the later BB show. I think this is probably what I would do and it would be something to look forward to on the last night and keep the holiday going as long as possible.

I wouldn't worry about Leger too much - it's your holiday and your money and I'm in complete agreement - you booked the break as the "Bonfire Spectacular" so why on earth would you want to miss it?

It's a thought, I suppose. Certainly going to the later show on the 11th would save a huge amount of rushing around. I'll give them a ring and see what we can do. I'll let you know what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter