A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

We left the MK for the last time on this trip, *sniff* *sniff* and took the monorail to EPCOT.
Sniff, sniff is right. I've never actually spent time in the parks on my last day, I usually have an early-ish departure home. But it's gotta be nice to have a last hurrah, as you said, so I might need to rethink my strategy in the future ::yes::

But first, we took a detour in Canada. I always enjoy the Martin Short movie, so we did that.
I love this, too!!! :thumbsup2

10 months from this trip, we would be in Victoria. I’m glad to have these pictures because we were only in port a few hours, from 7 pm to midnight, so we didn’t get to the gardens.
The first time we went to the Flower and Garden Show we were blown away by how gorgeous this garden was that year. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to see the garden in Victoria, BC. I bet it is lovely.

Last edited:
We left the MK for the last time on this trip, *sniff* *sniff* and took the monorail to EPCOT.
Always rough leaving MK, but that monorail ride through Future World is a great way to lift your spirits!

WP_20161021_044.jpg
That is awesome!!!!!

Sniff, sniff is right. I've never actually spent time in the parks on my last day, I usually have an early-ish departure home. But it's gotta be nice to have a last hurrah, as you said, so I might need to rethink my strategy in the future ::yes::

I love this, too!!! :thumbsup2

I think this was the first time Mark had been at a Disney park on a departure day. We got into the habit of getting a late flight during a couple of Universal trips.

The movie in Canada is really good. I think it is the only one we have taken the boys to see.

:goodvibes

The first time we went to the Flower and Garden Show we were blown away by how gorgeous this garden was that year. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to see the garden in Victoria, BC. I bet it is lovely.

I think they did have a night tour to the gardens but the boys were not interested in that excursion. Go figure!

:flower1:

Always rough leaving MK, but that monorail ride through Future World is a great way to lift your spirits!

That is awesome!!!!!

I really do love that monorail ride between MK and EPCOT!

monorail.jpg

The Waldos were hilarious, but I had to point them out to Mark because he couldn't find them.

:magnify:

The last day already? I'm a little bummed this report is almost finished; I really enjoyed reading about your anniversary trip. I guess I'm lucky you decided to write a cruise report! :thumbsup2

Love your photos of the castle and train station on your way out of the park. They scream fall to me.

Sorry Sunshine Seasons was sub par. I usually enjoy their meals.

More Food and Wine goodies. It was probably nice getting to sneak in a few more dishes before you had to leave.

I just re-read this comment and it occurred to me that this is the same boy we left home alone for 6 days because he is so responsible!

:sad2:
At least Ben lost his shoes because he was reading books :)
Many years ago, when I was a nurse in a busy Belfast hospital, I met a patient whose mum hid his shoes every evening so he couldn't go out and get caught up in any trouble! He managed to get into plenty of trouble regardless of his poor mum but it taught me never to judge parents by their children's mistakes. I always remember thinking how desperate/worried she must have been to go to such lengths :eek:

Oh and by the way Waldo is called Wally here :confused3

The last day already? I'm a little bummed this report is almost finished; I really enjoyed reading about your anniversary trip. I guess I'm lucky you decided to write a cruise report! :thumbsup2

Love your photos of the castle and train station on your way out of the park. They scream fall to me.

Sorry Sunshine Seasons was sub par. I usually enjoy their meals.

More Food and Wine goodies. It was probably nice getting to sneak in a few more dishes before you had to leave.

Awww!!! Thank you so much.

Yes, even when this is over (very soon...), there will be more to read. I have the Alaska Cruise report in progress, on Friday I leave for my first Disney cruise with my dear friend Teena and then at the end of October I am going to Disney for a few days with a bunch of my gal pals.

There will be plenty to read about - and write about- YIKES!!!

Those last couple of pictures really do represent fall.

That may have been the only time Sunshine Seasons has been a disappointment. I usually love it, too. But I am reading more and more about favorite menu items being discontinued. Not cool, Disney!!!

We had a few rounds of Food & Wine snacks/meals, but it is always hard for me to pass up the restaurant favorites when we are at Disney.

:goodvibes

At least Ben lost his shoes because he was reading books :)
Many years ago, when I was a nurse in a busy Belfast hospital, I met a patient whose mum hid his shoes every evening so he couldn't go out and get caught up in any trouble! He managed to get into plenty of trouble regardless of his poor mum but it taught me never to judge parents by their children's mistakes. I always remember thinking how desperate/worried she must have been to go to such lengths :eek:

Oh and by the way Waldo is called Wally here :confused3

That is funny about your patient.

When I was young and visiting my cousins' house, when it was time to leave I would hide my shoes so we couldn't leave. Always in the clothes hamper. So I guess the lost shoes thing is genetic.

For all the teasing about Ben, I am so incredibly proud of him. He is an amazing student and a great kid. Shoes or no shoes.

I didn't know that about Wally!

Waldo.jpg

I love the view of Epcot from the monorail as you enter. More beautiful pictures Dee.

Thank you so much!

I love that EPCOT loop on the monorail, too.

::yes::

The Home Strech: Last Hurrah at YC/Mark’s Corner, Small World After All- Airport Edition

We left EPCOT and returned to the Yacht Club, but since we were leaving that night, we no longer had a room to go back to. However, since our stay was club level, we were able to use the lounge for the rest of that day. We went up and had some snacks and drinks.

Earlier that morning we had used the Resort Airline Checkin, so our bags were on the way to the airport. I had stashed a bathing suit in my carry-on, along with a plastic bag for wet clothing so I was all set for a final dip in Stormalong Bay.

Mark didn’t want to swim, so he decided to take advantage of my absence to catch up on some email. But where?

I had an idea. There is a hallway on the second floor of the Yacht Club with comfortable chairs that looks like it doesn’t get much traffic. We went to check it out and there was an outlet next to the chair, convenient for Mark to plug in his Surface laptop and to charge my phone while I was swimming.

I now present… “Mark’s Corner”

WP_20161021_101.jpg

WP_20161021_102.jpg

WP_20161021_099.jpg

Meanwhile, at the pool…

I took a few spins around the lazy river. On a previous trip, I had timed how long it took to do one lap around using only the pools propulsion (no paddling except if I got stuck on the side)- 7 minutes. I asked one of the lifeguards to guess how long it would take. He said “5 minutes”. He checked his watch, I started floating and 7 ½ minutes later I passed by.

Mission accomplished, I took a ride on the slide.

When it was time to meet back up with Mark, I realized the dry clothes I needed were with him. I threw my (only pair of) shorts over my swim suit.

The bad news: My shorts got wet and even when I changed out of my swimsuit, there was a bit of an embarrassing spot remaining, as you can kind of see in this shot of me steering the ship

WP_20161021_103.jpg

The good news- this gave me a reason to check out the laundry room at the quiet pool.

WP_20161021_123.jpg

WP_20161021_129.jpg

Once that fun was over, and my shorts had run through a cycle in the dryer, it was time to leave

:sad1:

Total Steps on this 6 day trip: 121,602 (=58 miles, I believe)

Tragical Depress.jpg

It’s A Small World After All- Airport Addition

While sitting at the gate waiting to board our plane home, I heard someone call my name.

It was a woman who is in a local walking group with me. She had been in Florida for several weeks, some of the time at her son’s home and some at Old Key West as she is a DVC owner.

Mark and I had paid for the early boarding privilege on our flight.

Apparently, when after we found seats near the front of the plane, my fellow travelers annoyed me. So much so that I drew this seating chart:

Row in front of us:

There was one woman who took the middle seat and kept telling everyone that the window seat next to her was taken. Finally a woman came onto the plane and the woman let her in. We had seen both of them while waiting at the gate- they met there. Pretty sure you are not supposed to be saving seats (that is the whole thing about Southwest) and to have someone do it for a stranger, disregarding other strangers passing by, rubbed me the wrong way.

The woman who EVENTUALLY sat on the aisle in front of us was blocking the aisle for an EXTREMELY long time. Part of it was her carryon, I don’t remember why else it was taking so long but it got so bad that a flight attendant had to ask her to sit down. Then, for the rest of the time pre-take off she was speaking loudly on her cell phone to her son, complaining about her bad back and complaining that we were going to be late returning home. (We were delayed due to a very bad storm, I believe.

Our row:

We are the two hearts, obviously.

Next to us was a “bottle cruncher”

Behind us was a “squeaky-voiced narrator”

I have no recollection what “annoying sandwich” meant.

ETA: annie170 figured it out!!! Mark and I were the filling in an annoying sandwich. Everyone around us was getting on our nerves.

We survived the flight and landed in Manchester NH around 10:30 pm.

On our way out of the airport, we ended up getting lost and the GPS on Mark’s phone was not really helpful. We were probably off track for 30-40 minutes on the backroads of NH and at one point a large animal even crossed in front of my van.

This was not the return home I had hoped for.

At some point, we got back on track and made our way home.

But the bumps on the road did not diminish our amazing experiences from this trip.

Our pride and trust in Ben were confirmed as he held down the fort admirably while we were away.

We had some much-needed alone time AND

We spent some time with an awesome group of friends throughout the week.

At the end of the trip, Mark told me “Now I understand why you want to spend time with these people”

:grouphug:

I’m glad that he appreciates the importance of my Disney friends. In fact, a few months later he suggested that I get away from the daily grind by going on a trip my friends. Little did he know that would result in a cruise with my buddy Teena and a Food & Wine trip with my gal pals- both within a few weeks’ time.

Thank you so much for being a part of our anniversary trip, which is soon approaching its own anniversary!

I hope to see you on the next adventure which I am sure will involve antics, capers and stories worth telling!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Two important truths from your wrap-up:

At the end of the trip, Mark told me “Now I understand why you want to spend time with these people”
::yes::

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! :hug: It's so much fun to vicariously live through each other's trips. Not only do we all get to know each other, but it somewhat holds us over until our next trip. :thumbsup2

Aw I'm sad your trip is over but I'm glad that you and Mark both have matching "corners" in the World's Happiest Place :goodvibes
Your map of airplane offenders made me laugh- sorry-I think it was the labels you'd given people ( particularly "squeaky narrator "). :rotfl:
I'm excited for your new trip reports so please make sure to send us all a link to get to them. That husband of yours is definitely a keeper. You both "get" each other perfectly :goodvibes

Love Marrks Corner perfect and it had a plug :thumbsup2
Ok I almost spit out my coffee after seeing your note on the plane :rotfl::rotfl2:
Dee I just love your story telling and your sense of humor comes through.
Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful anniversary trip :grouphug:

I feel for you with the wet shorts. We generally fly out in the evening so we can have almost a full day in a park. My husband is so paranoid about missing the ME that he has us coming back to the resort an hour and a half to two hours before the departure time. I've gone for a quick swim or used the pool area's shower and freshened up before we left. A couple of times I've had to stand under a hand dryer in the restroom to dry off clothes that have accidentally gotten wet.

I think you guys were the filling in the "annoying sandwich!" Annoying people in front of you and annoying people behind you!

Another great trip report, Dee! Enjoy your upcoming vacations!

I LOVE your notes and descriptions of your fellow airplane riders. It reminds me of "Harriet the Spy", my favorite book growing up.

58 MILES! :worship: :tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:

Awesome trip as always Dee! Love the new Mark's Corner! Your descriptions of the airplane people is hilarious! Can't wait until the next TR!

Waldo was waaaay to easy to find in that picture!

Yay for Mark having his own corner now! Dee's Corner is better because it's actually inside a park, but Mark's Corner looks pretty nice too!

Aww, leaving is always so sad. It's especially bad when the people around you on the plane are super annoying. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! It's always fun to read about your fun adventures, and I'm looking forward to the next trip report!

His corner looks more comfortable than yours!

The bad news: My shorts got wet and even when I changed out of my swimsuit, there was a bit of an embarrassing spot remaining, as you can kind of see in this shot of me steering the ship
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Apparently, when after we found seats near the front of the plane, my fellow travelers annoyed me. So much so that I drew this seating chart:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

ETA: annie170 figured it out!!! Mark and I were the filling in an annoying sandwich. Everyone around us was getting on our nerves.
But what did you do to annoy all of them? :rolleyes1

Our pride and trust in Ben were confirmed as he held down the fort admirably while we were away.
:thumbsup2

That's great! I'm glad that he was able to see how well you get along with and appreciate your Disney friends.

Thank you so much for being a part of our anniversary trip, which is soon approaching its own anniversary!

I hope to see you on the next adventure which I am sure will involve antics, capers and stories worth telling!
Thanks for taking us along for the ride!

I had an idea. There is a hallway on the second floor of the Yacht Club with comfortable chairs that looks like it doesn’t get much traffic. We went to check it out and there was an outlet next to the chair, convenient for Mark to plug in his Surface laptop and to charge my phone while I was swimming.

I've seen that sitting area from the lobby but never went up to investigate. It looks like a lovely place to hang out. I bet no one bothered him, either. :)

The good news- this gave me a reason to check out the laundry room at the quiet pool.
That's funny about having to dry your shorts. At least you had time. :) Dana and I hung out at the Yacht Club quiet pool on our departure day after the August 2015 Dis meet trip. It's a nice pool.

Pretty sure you are not supposed to be saving seats (that is the whole thing about Southwest)
There was a lady saving five seats on our last flight. I would have loved to have taken one of those seats, just because she shouldn't have been able to get away with it. But I knew she would be miserable to be around the entire flight, so I moved on.

On our way out of the airport, we ended up getting lost and the GPS on Mark’s phone was not really helpful. We were probably off track for 30-40 minutes on the backroads of NH and at one point a large animal even crossed in front of my van.
Is this an airport that you seldom use?

That was nice. Did he eat the food that you left for him?

That's so sweet. :)

I can't wait. :)

Mark's corner is really nice! Man, I might have to visit Mark's corner one day. :rotfl2:

Ugh, sorry about all the annoying passengers on your flight. I find you tend to get either a really easy group of people around you or a terrible bunch. :confused3

Can't wait to read more reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter