A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

Love that he couldn't find the shoes because he hadn't worn them in a week. It really is fun travelling with kids! Reminds me of the time we had to go shopping on vacation because Jacob didn't bring any pants. He thought the one pair of shorts he was wearing would be fine since it was hot out when he packed his clothes. It did not occur to him that we were going to be away from home for 7 days and it can get cold out at night.

I also love that Nate has become so mature and thoughtful. Even if his thoughts aren't always what you expect.

Hey, it was summertime. I think we can all agree a week without shoes makes for a good week during summer break. :rotfl:

If Ben ever decides to visit Ireland warn him he will need at least 2 pairs of shoes/sneakers in case the first pair get soaked! We can start the day with sunshine and have everything from drizzle to torrential downpour and back to sunshine by lunchtime- even in July!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I love it! But I'm bummed, because I almost guessed shoes! Years ago, we were going to the beach about an hour away from home. We get out of the car, and I see that my daughter doesn't have shoes on. She was about 8 at the time. She said that she didn't need shoes, because we were going to the beach. The challenge was that this particular beach is only accessible via a woodchip path about a half mile long, through the woods! My poor 11 year old carried her on his back. We now bring our shoes when we leave the house.

The list of things my kids have forgotten is extensive. It's a tricky business when you let your kids do their own packing. Last fall I had to ship an entire drawer of underwear to my oldest at college. My bigger concern was that he kept saying he was just fine without them.

I thought I spied a maraschino cherry in that drink. Score! Apparently old drinks are cool again!

That is funny you had that thought. I didn't think anyone would come close. Because, C'MON!

:rotfl2: on the underwear thing. Sort of. I once went on a laundry strike with Nate- I refused to wash his clothes because he wouldn't put the dirty clothes in a hamper or laundry basket. He would just throw it on the floor. I caved when I went 3 weeks without washing any of his underwear. It bothered me than it bothered him.

:sad2:

Woo-hoo! Two points for me! That count for nothing? Are you kidding me? The way I see it that's enough for a round trip "Duber" ride. Better let @Ninja Mom know cuz I'm cashing them in this November. :eeyore:

As for missing shoes....you are being WAAAAAY too hard on yourself. It's summer. Who needs shoes? :beach:

I forgot about the fake rewards you could use for a DUber ride. Silly me!

:laughing:

Oh, Ben. And this is why I'm a Nate and always travel with multiple pairs of shoes!

Good point! Although the problem was not that Ben hadn't packed a suitcase full of shoes. It was that we couldn't find a pair of shoes for him to wear to the airport.

"That's why I'm a Nate"

:thumbsup2

Everything looks good on the outside. Patio furniture hardly moved and windows are all intact. However our friend who lives about 10 minutes away, had some water seeping in through her walls. So my DH is going down this weekend (take 2) to survey the inside and make sure we don't get mold.
I forgot to tell you the reason my DH couldn't fly down earlier than Friday was bc he and my DS were at the Pats game Thursday night. Despite them losing my DS had a blast!!

So glad to hear it.

One of the upsides to the cruise being cancelled was that I got to watch Thursday game instead of traveling to the port that night. Yeah, it was an upside until the second half, anyway.

:goodvibes

Love that he couldn't find the shoes because he hadn't worn them in a week. It really is fun travelling with kids! Reminds me of the time we had to go shopping on vacation because Jacob didn't bring any pants. He thought the one pair of shorts he was wearing would be fine since it was hot out when he packed his clothes. It did not occur to him that we were going to be away from home for 7 days and it can get cold out at night.

I also love that Nate has become so mature and thoughtful. Even if his thoughts aren't always what you expect.

I guess we all have those packing stories! That is funny about Jacob's packing fail. Looking back.

:rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Well, shoes are overrated anyway.

Right! It's not like we are going to a place that still has snow or anything!

I'm glad there was a backup pair.

Me, too!!!

:scared1:

Hey, it was summertime. I think we can all agree a week without shoes makes for a good week during summer break. :rotfl:

Good point.

It's not like I'm going to start screaming "Stop doing your summer reading! Find your shoes and get outside!

:cool2:

If Ben ever decides to visit Ireland warn him he will need at least 2 pairs of shoes/sneakers in case the first pair get soaked! We can start the day with sunshine and have everything from drizzle to torrential downpour and back to sunshine by lunchtime- even in July!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I guess Nate would be all set, but we might have an issue with Ben. Your weather sounds a lot like ours here in New England!

:umbrella: :sunny: :cold:

Friday October 21, 2017
The Last Hurrah: Magic Kingdom

This was the last day of our anniversary trip, but our flight was not until 7:30 pm, so we still had a full day of play before we needed to go on the saddest ride of the vacation: The Tragical Depress

:(

There was a notice in our room that the resort may experience some time with no hot water and no internet/tv service throughout the day, but we were leaving so the outages wouldn’t impact us.

Magic Kingdom was opening at 7 am that day. We had breakfast in the lounge and then brought our luggage to the RAC (resort airline checkin) and left a few bags with Bell Services before getting on a bus to MK. We arrived at MK at 8:16. A lot later past opening than we usually arrive, but it was still pretty slow.

DSCF1282.jpg

DSCF1283.jpg

DSCF1284.jpg

Since we changed our Fast Passes from afternoon EPCOT passes (including Frozen) to MK, we had reserved times for Splash Mountain 8:10 to 9:10 and Space Mountain. I'm not sure if we had another one in there or not.

We decided to check out the standby queue for Mine Train. It was 40 minutes. We hopped into line. I think this was my 3rd time standby for this, but it was Mark’s first time seeing the interactive activities guests could experience while waiting.

DSCF1287.jpg

DSCF1289.jpg

DSCF1290.jpg

DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1298.jpg

DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1299.jpg

Let’s Ride!

DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1314.jpg

PP7D.jpeg

PP7D2.jpeg

After the ride, we had to rush over to Splash.

We ended up in the back row.

DSCF1315.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1318.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg

DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1329.jpg

PPSplash.jpeg

Next up, a ride on our favorite (at least while Big Thunder is under construction)

DSCF1333.jpg

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1344.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

Crappy photos. AGAIN!

Continued in Next Post

Continued from Previous Post

On the way over to use our FP at Space Mountain, we crossed through the Hub. I took some pictures and I also convinced Mark to stop for photopass pictures.

DSCF1351.jpg

DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1353.jpg

DSCF1354%202.jpg

PPCastle.jpeg

Check out the Photobomb!

PPCastle2.jpeg

We rode the Peoplemover, then Space and then Peoplemover again. The second time we rode, one of the cast members made a short joke when he saw me. I don’t remember what it was, but WTH?

PPSpace.jpeg

WP_20161021_010.jpg

DSCF1357.jpg

DSCF1356.jpg

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1361.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1364.jpg

And now, it’s time to say goodbye…

But first, MORE pictures!

WP_20161021_025.jpg

WP_20161021_026.jpg

WP_20161021_029.jpg

WP_20161021_030.jpg

The Last Hurrah: EPCOT

I think this was my 3rd time standby for this, but it was Mark’s first time seeing the interactive activities guests could experience while waiting.
You know, I've been on this several times since it has opened and I've never been through the standby line yet!

The second time we rode, one of the cast members made a short joke when he saw me. I don’t remember what it was, but WTH?
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I know, a bit unexpected and unprofessional. But sometimes you just can't resist.

We decided to check out the standby queue for Mine Train. It was 40 minutes. We hopped into line. I think this was my 3rd time standby for this, but it was Mark’s first time seeing the interactive activities guests could experience while waiting.
We've never done the standby line. Do you remember if it took you the full 40 minutes?

We rode the Peoplemover, then Space and then Peoplemover again. The second time we rode, one of the cast members made a short joke when he saw me. I don’t remember what it was, but WTH?
We ride the Peoplemover at least twice each time we go to MK. No one has ever made a comment about seeing us a second time. That was strange that the CM did that. :(

You know, I've been on this several times since it has opened and I've never been through the standby line yet!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I know, a bit unexpected and unprofessional. But sometimes you just can't resist.

The first couple of times I went through the standby I was solo at the MK and not really in a rush. During my son Ben's 8th grade class trip, I was one of the chaperones who did not attend the MK class (I had done the class 3 years earlier with my older son and you had to go into the Stitch attraction, so no thanks). It was all bonus "me" time. This was the first time I waited with someone else in the 7DMT line, though.

Yeah, I can take a joke I was just very surprised at the comment.

:confused3

We've never done the standby line. Do you remember if it took you the full 40 minutes?

We ride the Peoplemover at least twice each time we go to MK. No one has ever made a comment about seeing us a second time. That was strange that the CM did that. :(

I'm thinking it didn't. I just checked the time stamps on my photos (which is not correct), but I took the picture of SW's house at 8:29 and the last picture in the wait line was 8:49. I don't think we waited an additional 20 minutes before getting to the cottage.

The CM did not make a comment about seeing us again. He made a comment about me being short. Which I am. But still.

:sad2:

You guys got some really great PP pictures this trip. You know we've never ridden standby on 7DMT either. I had no idea the regular line was so interactive.

The CM did not make a comment about seeing us again. He made a comment about me being short. Which I am. But still.
That was totally uncalled for. You are "normal" short and plenty of people are your height. I'm sorry he did that to you. :(

I guess you were leaving just in time before the lack of hot water! Yikes!!

I've never ridden 7DMT standby. I've yet to experience the interactive queue.

Fall is my absolute favorite season and I just love the décor at Disney. I never get tired of looking at those photos!

A CM making a short joke?! That's kind of strange.

I have to say, I don't love the 7DMT interactive queue. It has some cute stuff, but I don't know that it lives up to the hype. But maybe that's just because the one time I did it, there were super annoying kids in front of me who kept running from their parents to the interactive stuff and back.

I love that photobomb in your castle picture ... people are funny sometimes. I'm always amused by random photobombs.

Weird that the CM made a short joke. I don't know that I've ever had a CM say something inappropriate like that to me. It's definitely not what you expect from Disney.

I love all of your pictures of the fall decor at Magic Kingdom. They really do a good job decorating that park and making it look festive.

Wow! I'm surprised that not many of you have been through the interactive line. I guess most ride with a Fast Pass since the wait time for the Mine Train is still one of the longest in the MK.

You guys got some really great PP pictures this trip. You know we've never ridden standby on 7DMT either. I had no idea the regular line was so interactive.

Thank you! I am so happy Mark didn't put up an objection to having lots of pictures taken.

It seems like Disney is adding interactive features to a lot of ride queues- Pooh, Big Thunder (love the activities here), Mine Train, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Haunted. Nice additions, I think.

So if you don't get a FP for a ride, there's stuff to do while you wait.

:goodvibes

Ugh, tell me about it.

How can the same bus be so magical in one direction and so, NOT, in the other?

:laughing: I always wonder how many photos I accidentally photobomb that people have in their homes in perpetuity :rotfl2:

True!

Also, we all star in others' ride photos as well.

:magnify:

That was totally uncalled for. You are "normal" short and plenty of people are your height. I'm sorry he did that to you. :(

I wish I could remember what he said. It wasn't mean, but it definitely called attention to my shortcomings!

:laughing:

I guess you were leaving just in time before the lack of hot water! Yikes!!

I've never ridden 7DMT standby. I've yet to experience the interactive queue.

Fall is my absolute favorite season and I just love the décor at Disney. I never get tired of looking at those photos!

A CM making a short joke?! That's kind of strange.

Between the disruption in hot water and electricity, and a big party for a large convention that was happening on the beach that night, it was time to get out of dodge!

Yes, it was an odd thing for the CM to say.

I love how beautifully Disney decorates for fall/Halloween. This was my first time being there this time of year.

:hmghost:

I have to say, I don't love the 7DMT interactive queue. It has some cute stuff, but I don't know that it lives up to the hype. But maybe that's just because the one time I did it, there were super annoying kids in front of me who kept running from their parents to the interactive stuff and back.

I love that photobomb in your castle picture ... people are funny sometimes. I'm always amused by random photobombs.

Weird that the CM made a short joke. I don't know that I've ever had a CM say something inappropriate like that to me. It's definitely not what you expect from Disney.

I love all of your pictures of the fall decor at Magic Kingdom. They really do a good job decorating that park and making it look festive.

The first time I waited in line, there was a dad and his son, who was talking with me all through the line. They were curious about why I was in line, alone and the boy was showing me how all of the things worked.

Photobombs are like a special surprise you get when you look at your photopass pictures!

The holiday decorations are spectacular, but I think I like the fall stuff even more. Pumpkins are cool, and Disney makes them even cooler with ears.

::yes::

The Last Hurrah: EPCOT

We left the MK for the last time on this trip, *sniff* *sniff* and took the monorail to EPCOT.

WP_20161021_039.jpg

WP_20161021_041.jpg

WP_20161021_043.jpg

We stopped for pictures on the way in

WP_20161021_044.jpg

Waldo Jersey number.jpg

Originally we had a reservation for Be Our Guest for lunch, but we cancelled it. After all, it is Food & Wine time, so of course we found lunch at EPCOT… at Sunshine Seasons

:confused3

For some reason we went to The Land to get a little something for lunch- Mongolian Beef and a Crème Brulee.

WP_20161021_046.jpg

This was not spectacular. We probably should have stuck to Food & Wine offerings. That’s where we will head soon.

WP_20161021_052.jpg

But first, we took a detour in Canada. I always enjoy the Martin Short movie, so we did that.

WP_20161021_055.jpg

10 months from this trip, we would be in Victoria. I’m glad to have these pictures because we were only in port a few hours, from 7 pm to midnight, so we didn’t get to the gardens.

WP_20161021_062.jpg

WP_20161021_059.jpg

WP_20161021_061.jpg

NOW it was time for some Food & Wine snacks.

Our first stop was the only return visit we made- for the Beet Salad.

WP_20161021_063.jpg

We veered over to China to sample the Salt & Pepper Shrimp and Duck in Steamed Bun, along with a Bubble Tea.

WP_20161021_085.jpg

WP_20161021_086.jpg

WP_20161021_073.jpg

WP_20161021_072.jpg

These were both good.

We made our way around the World Showcase, but I don’t think we stopped for anything else, except for a bottle of water.

Check out the crowds!

WP_20161021_092.jpg

We still had a couple of hours before we needed to go to the airport, so we returned to the Yacht Club and made the most of our time there.

Next Up: Last Hurrah at YC/Mark’s Corner

Attachments

• waldo google.jpg
    waldo google.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts