A Princess's First Trip to Disney - a PTR

bwhitlatch81

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I'm relatively new to the DIS, and this is my first PTR. I’ve read through a bunch of others, and I know that this one will be nowhere near as good, but I’m willing to give it a shot anyway!

First off, I just want to say how happy I am to be a part of this group, and how I wish I had known about it a few years back when we were planning our Disneymoon! It would have made things much easier! Regardless, we still had a great trip then!

A little background about this trip:

We were originally supposed to go over my birthday this October with a couple that we had considered very good friends, but after they cancelled once, rescheduled for this week (with us) and then decided to show us their true side 2 days before my daughter’s birthday party, well, my husband and I quickly realized that we didn’t need people like them constantly bringing us down and subjecting our daughter to less than kind thinking about people and we parted ways. We were going to keep our trip, but then my in-laws offered to pay for our niece’s part, if we took her with us, so we rescheduled.

WHO: Myself, DH, DD2 and Niece 13, as well as my mom.

WHEN: March 29th through April 3rd 2014 (during my niece’s Spring Break)

WHERE: Port Orleans Riverside (2 rooms)

WHAT: My dd’s first trip to Disney!:jumping1:

The Cast:

First off, there’s me. My name is Brooke, and I’m a 31 year old mom of a rambunctious 2 year old. I’ve been married for 4 years, am a WAHM, and I’m proud to say that I LOVE my job and the people I work for. In my spare time (when I’m not taking care of the house and child, or playing in the yard or running errands) I love to knit and crochet, and if I’m not doing that, you’ll find my nose buried in a book, or in my Nook. I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd (and proud of it!) but read all sorts of other books too.

(This pic was from about a year ago, but one of my favorites of me. I’m usually behind the camera, and not in front of it, so pics of me are few and far between! Hoping to change that on this trip though)
I’m looking forward to seeing Disney through my daughter’s eyes, as well as getting to go on Space Mountain for the first time in a decade (they were refurbishing in on our honeymoon) and all kinds of other thrill rides I haven’t gone on yet, as well as trying out quite a few new restaurants. My favorite Disney character is Eeyore, but I’m more like Stitch when it comes to personality. Favorite ride is BTMR, and favorite park is EPCOT.

Next up, we have DH, Michael. He’s 8 years older than me, and works at home. He has his own web company, and has proven to be quite good at what he does. This is his 2nd trip to Disney (the first being our Disneymoon) and he’s looking forward to it possibly more than myself. He’s not a thrill ride person at all, so I’ll have to drag my niece on all the fun stuff

He’s not a huge Disney nut like me, but enjoys acting like a kid with me once we pass through the gate. His favorite park is DHS, and his favorite thing at Disney is the Illuminations fireworks at EPCOT.
Next up is my darling daughter, Amelia. She just turned 2 at the beginning of August, so she’ll be a little of 2 ½ on the trip, which I think is the perfect age. She’ll mind a little better (I hope) and her language skills should be better also (she already has a very large vocabulary and is speaking in sentences that you can actually understand, but I know she’ll just get better with that!)

Her favorite Princess is definitely Ariel (although she hasn’t seen the movie yet) and LOVES watching “Mouf” on tv. Oh, and she must dance every time she hears music, so that’ll be fun! Better yet, she’s not scared of people dressed up in costumes, so it’ll be an awesome trip. She should be tall enough for Barnstormer and a couple others by the time we go, so that’ll be a lot of fun.

Next on the cast we have my niece, Annabel. She’ll be 13 in January, and this is her 2nd trip to Disney. The first trip she took with her mom just a few months before she passed away of cystic fibrosis when Annabel was only 7, so it may be a little harder for her when all the memories resurface. She’s SUPER excited to be going back, and will be my partner on all the thrill rides. She’s also Amelia’s favorite person, so that’s a huge added bonus as well!

Annabel is in 7th grade, and AMAZING singer, and is one of the most mature, grounded individuals I know because of all she’s been through. She lives with my in-laws, and we see her a couple times a week (we live very close to them and to my mother). She’s thrilled to ride all the rides, since she was too short for most of them on her last trip. She’s all about doing the character meals and trying to do and see as much as possible, and is also a huge Harry Potter fan (not nearly as much as me, but she’s young yet). Her favorite Disney character is Merida, and has played a huge part in helping me plan everything.

Last on our cast list is my mom, Linda. She finally booked her room today, after much debating as to whether or not she was going, and I’m super excited she’ll share this with us! She wants her own room, and I think that will work out better for everyone. Pretty sure I’ll be sending the little one to her for a couple nights lol! I don’t know what trip number this is for her, but I think it may be #5. Last time she was there was the year AK opened. She’s not a big fan of thrill rides, but will probably ride some of them, and will definitely help with Amelia too.

This pic (though not a very good one, I’ll admit) was from Amelia’s 2nd birthday lunch at American Girl Place in Alpharetta, GA. Amelia wouldn’t hold still long enough for a good picture; they had just brought out her ice cream sundae lol!

My mom’s favorite park is Magic Kingdom, and her favorite ride is It’s a Small World or Kilimanjaro Safari.

That’s all for now! I’ll post our tentative itinerary next! Only 4 more days until I can make our ADRs!:coffee:

Welcome everyone!

Tomorrow is our ADR day (finally!) so I'm going to try and post our tentative itinerary in a couple of hours. Of course, I'll post the full one later on!

Have to go pick up my cohort in this journey (my niece) in a little bit. Have to get her final approval on our ADR plans!

Hello everyone!

Thanks for following my first-ever PTR!

Today was our ADR day, so I woke up super early and raced to my computer to secure everything I wanted, including the oh-so-hard-to-get Be Our Guest. I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to secure everything I wanted and for some awesome times too!

This is what our itinerary is currently looking like. I'd love feedback from everyone, especially your thoughts on the plans for the 31st. (of course, we still have plenty of time to make changes to everything, since our trip is 180 days away!)
Here’s what we have so far:

Saturday 3/29:

Park: Epcot

Reservations: Akershus 6:55pm

Plan of Action: Leave Atlanta about 6 am, get to Disney about 2 or 3 (stopping for lunch halfway down). Check in to resort, head to Epcot. Do as much as we can before dinner around World Showcase. After dinner, catch Illuminations.

Sunday 3/30:

Park: MK

Reservations: 1900 Park Faire 620pm

Plan of Action: Have breakfast in the room/at the hotel, then head to MK. Not really designating a time. Do as much as we can in the morning, grab lunch @ Cosmic Rays, then head back to the hotel for nap/pool time. After we rest up, head back to MK (around 4ish maybe?) do a few things then catch monorail to GF for dinner. Take monorail back to the park and hit some more rides, catch Wishes.

Monday 3/31: ***This is the day I really need your advice!

Park: AK in the morning, HS in the evening

Reservations: Hollywood & Vine 120pm, Mama Melrose 6:45pm

Plan of Action: Breakfast same as before (and every day we’re there), head to Animal Kingdom. Catch Kilimanjaro Safari, Boneyard, Lion King show, character meet & greets.

And here’s where I don’t know what to do.

Option 1: We plan on taking afternoons off, primarily because of the heat and because we have a toddler with us, but the latest I was able to book lunch at Hollywood and Vine is 120. So that means we would either only have a few hours at AK and head back for a short break before going to HS for our lunch reservation, or going to lunch, taking a break at the hotel and then heading back to HS. I really wanted to do the Hollywood & Vine Disney Jr show for my dd, but need feedback: is it worth it? What are the character interactions like? How’s the food? What’s the latest time for the lunch character meal?

I made a backup reservation for Mama Melrose for dinner this morning while I was making my ADRs in case I changed our plans.

Option 2: Animal Kingdom in the morning, grab lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ, then head back to the resort for break. HS in the evening, do what we can before 6:45 Mama Melrose dinner. Fantasmic show afterwards. Oh, and ToT with my niece when dark.

Tuesday 4/1:

Park: HS in the morning, Epcot in the evening

Reservations: 6:50 Coral Reef

Plan of Action: Breakfast then head to HS. Ride Star Tours, ToT, and whatever else we can. Back to resort for break, head to Epcot. Ride what we can before dinner, and whatever we can after. Turtle Tack and the Seas with Nemo a must while we’re in this area, even if we already did them. Must also to Journey into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, etc. Probably watch Illuminations again.

Wednesday 4/2:

Park: IoA in the morning, MK evening.

Reservations: Be Our Guest 6:45pm

Plan of Action: Breakfast then head to IoA (really just Wizarding Wold of Harry Potter). Head straight for the castle. Then attack the shops, purchase wand (yes, I’m 32 and will be getting a wand.:wizard:) Lunch at 3 Broomsticks. If there’s time head to Suessland. ***There is a very good possibility that it will just be myself, my niece(13) and DH at IoA. I think my mom is going to take dd that day and do whatever they want (probably MK all day). We will still head back to the resort late afternoon for a short break and to meet back up with my mom, then head to dinner. This is our last day so we’re going to try and do all the last minute things we want to do at MK before/after dinner, and one last night of fireworks. We were originally planning on doing BOG our first full day, but I thought it would be better to end our trip with something super special!

Thursday 4/3:

Park: None :worried:

Reservations: none :(

Plan of Action: pack up everything, catch one last breakfast at the resort then check out and head to Downtown Disney. Shop as much as we can then grab a qs lunch somewhere (any ideas?) and pile in the car to drive home.

So….what does everyone think? All input is welcome!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter