A Princess, A Royal Room and a CRAZY Auntie EE and Uncle Goey Updated 1/12 COMPLETED

Disney Bound, but First Things First...

It was definitely an Advil morning with lots of water...:rolleyes1

Anyway, today was the day that we built this trip around. We were going to babysit Gia, so Todd and Julie could go away for 2 days. Then, I came up with the idea of taking her to Disney, to which Joe readily agreed. But, it gets better...Then a week before we were to leave, I came up with the BRILLIANT idea to head to Disney a day early...And, today was THAT day...

After some fruit and toast for breakfast, Joe and I showered and went to pick up Gia and all her stuff. We brought her back to Joe's parents for lunch, with the hopes that she would sleep a majority of the ride to Disney (since this would be her nap time)...Joe's mom made pan-fried steak, cauliflower (I did not partake in this vegetable, YUCK.), crunchy bread, pasta, and a salad. For dessert, she put out a key lime pie and tons of fresh fruit. Again, we ate like pigs...That lady can sure cook!!!! We hung around a bit, so Gia could play. Then, we loaded up the car and were on our way to WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!! Gia fell asleep almost instantly and slept until we were about 15 minutes away.

Stay tuned to find out how we spent our first night in Disney AND find out which lovely DISER we had plans to meet up with...:daisy:

50AB6EC1-E9CC-4E04-ABF6-639C2A7B899D.jpeg 70E3EAAD-5176-4688-802B-49FEEACAC10B.jpeg

Last edited:

Looks like you all had a great time in St. Pete. How lucky that both you and Joe have family in such an amazing (and close to Disney) place. And I of course am loving all the adult beverages that are flowing. Keep it up sister :drinking1

Looks like you all had a great time in St. Pete. How lucky that both you and Joe have family in such an amazing (and close to Disney) place. And I of course am loving all the adult beverages that are flowing. Keep it up sister :drinking1

It was such a great trip! Unfortunately, the one day of vacation, we wanted to walk on the beach, the Red Tide smell was so bad, that we had to quickly abandon that idea...We no sooner opened our car doors, then had to close them...

As for the adult beverages, there are definitely more to come...Joe and I were VERY diligent about snapping photos of them...:flower1:

Following. Love the TR so far...also love St. Pete. We have stayed many times there at the Don Cesar...it's a beautiful area... Agree about the bridge. Way to scary. Especially when it is windy .

I am following along. I think this is my first trip report to follow from you but I did "meet" you in @ariane37's trip report once. Ha!

know this will seem silly to most, but we wanted to pop into the new grocery store in town called Lucky Market. But, this isn't your ordinary grocery store...You can drink while you shop!!!!!!!!
This is a brilliant idea! I mean seriously, You throw a few extra items in your happy semi-tipsy state.

Anyway, today was the day that we built this trip around. We were going to babysit Gia, so Todd and Julie could go away for 2 days. Then, I came up with the idea of taking her to Disney, to which Joe readily agreed. But, it gets better...Then a week before we were to leave, I came up with the BRILLIANT idea to head to Disney a day early...And, today was THAT day...
Man! This is the ultimate babysitting! Man! Gia is one lucky little lady!

Joe's mom made pan-fried steak, cauliflower (I did not partake in this vegetable, YUCK.), crunchy bread, pasta, and a salad. For dessert, she put out a key lime pie and tons of fresh fruit. Again, we ate like pigs...That lady can sure cook!!!!
Seriously that is a lot of food for lunch!

Gia fell asleep almost instantly and slept until we were about 15 minutes away.
Good planning!

Following. Love the TR so far...also love St. Pete. We have stayed many times there at the Don Cesar...it's a beautiful area... Agree about the bridge. Way to scary. Especially when it is windy .

:welcome:

Thank you! We actually got married at the Don Cesar, so it holds very special memories for us.

What in the heck is this???
It's disgusting!!!!!!!

Red Tide-is a common name for a worldwide phenomenon known as an algae bloom when it is caused by species of dinoflagellates and other algae. The upwelling of nutrients from the sea floor from massive storms is most likely the cause of these events.

It kills the fish and they wash up on shore. The odor is disgusting.

I am following along. I think this is my first trip report to follow from you but I did "meet" you in @ariane37's trip report once. Ha!

This is a brilliant idea! I mean seriously, You throw a few extra items in your happy semi-tipsy state.

Man! This is the ultimate babysitting! Man! Gia is one lucky little lady!

Seriously that is a lot of food for lunch!

Good planning!

:welcome:

@ariane37 is AWESOME! Hee! Hee!

Now you've seen what a little alcohol can do to me...If I liquored up while grocery shopping, I'd put the whole store in my basket. LOL!

We love watching Gia. Plus, it's an excuse to take her to Disney since we are visiting Florida anyway...

Joe's mom cooks like this for every meal...All the time...

Any time I can squeeze in an extra day at Disney the better.

OUR FIRST EVENING IN DISNEY:

So, we arrived at The Hilton in DS about 3:30 or so, checked in and were happy to discover that our room was ready. So, we had bell services valet the car, and bring said luggage up to our 7th-floor room...We got settled, freshened up (I changed my outfit) and we made the short walk over the bridge to DS.
C92B17CE-ABBF-4201-95BA-BF296EEA9E2A.jpeg
FB6329F0-51CF-42FC-901B-8570677B8BEC.jpeg
The first order of business was dinner...Where to eat??? We didn't make reservations for this night, because there were so many CS places we wanted to try. We settled on the Polite Pig and what an AWESOME choice it turned out to be. Gia and I found a table and Joe placed our order. After you order, a server brings you your food. I think Joe brought us our beverages (minus the Whiskey Flight that Joe insisted he HAD TO HAVE). Joe and I shared the BBQ Sausage Hoagie - ipa mustard, peppers and onions, cheddar sauce, pickle relish $11. This was delicious!!!! It was a huge portion and the BBQ sauce had just the right amount tangy and kick. We also shared a side of the mac and cheese, which was creamy, cheesy goodness in a bowl. Gia had the kids chicken tenders and fries. We didn't hear any complaints, so I'm assuming she liked hers too. To drink, I had a Coke and like I said earlier, Joe had the Polite Flight - three 1 oz whiskey pours: Woodford Reserve, Basil Hayden, Four Roses Single Barrel $21. He loved this and said all 3 went down smooth...
AB54ED48-A1FE-4787-8E8B-FBD728158DB2.jpeg

AC79D377-DF54-4808-B54A-F011102A4BC0.jpeg 844B1CF5-0699-43D8-A57D-D4C144FD9432.jpeg AD5EC56B-9C09-4120-A496-854438D00F7E.jpeg

Up Next, Find out how we spent the rest of our evening in Disney Springs, and which beautiful DISER we met up with...

Last edited:
Looks like a wonderful start to your Disney trip. I have heard really good things about the Polite Pig! Need to put this on the list.

Gia has such an awesome smile, so sweet!

ks like a wonderful start to your Disney trip. I have heard really good things about the Polite Pig! Need to put this on the list.

Gia has such an awesome smile, so sweet!

We were very impressed with the Polite Pig and I can't wait to go back...
Gia is a doll, but I may be a little biased.:P

Red Tide-is a common name for a worldwide phenomenon known as an algae bloom when it is caused by species of dinoflagellates and other algae. The upwelling of nutrients from the sea floor from massive storms is most likely the cause of these events.
YUCK :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

c92b17ce-abbf-4201-95ba-bf296eea9e2a-jpeg.360114
Gia is beyond adorable!

We settled on the Polite Pig and what an AWESOME choice it turned out to be.
Glad it was such a good meal. We almost ate here on our trip but ended up at Deluxe Burger instead. Definitely lots of good counter service options there these days.

Jason would be all over this! Love, love, love the pig holder too!

After Dinner...

After our bellies were full, we walked around DS. Gia took her picture with a few princesses, we did a lot of retail damage and decided it was time for dessert. The obvious choice was Sprinkles. We were all craving sugar, sugar, and more sugar. Joe and I shared a mini vanilla and Gia ate an original mini sprinkle cupcake. They were soooo good!

0DB087C2-6498-4AA5-8958-7A296C530970.jpeg 8E0242E8-4164-4B32-9353-BF6B8C837A77.jpeg D9EF5727-E407-485C-B18B-B045AF1B0C03.jpeg 93CF1454-0CD6-442F-BA04-DEDC1CC7CCE3.jpeg C0099CBA-6FB1-4FE0-83AD-CA64854B5A2C.jpeg 67A38252-C4D7-47DB-811C-D448439D9CB4.jpeg

Full of sugary goodness, we took Gia over to ride the carousel. This is a tradition we just started with her back in March. She loves riding it and it puts a smile on our faces, so it’s a win/win.

During all of our business in DS I had been texting a wonderful Diser, @pepperandchips. We were making plans to meet up, since we were going to be in the same place at the same time. It was an awesome opportunity to say hi before our Epic Girl’s Trip in May...We settled on a spot, and finally got to meet. Melinda is wonderful and came with beautiful, handmade Mickey Ears for Gia and I in lovely fall colors for us to wear at MNSSHP. She’s such a sweetie and I’m so glad we got to meet her, her husband and Mom. So, Melinda, when you read this (and I know you will), it was lovely hooking up and can’t wait for all the fun we will have in May...

E1786E03-F8E3-48AA-A4DE-C5BE36FB58C6.jpeg

EB22165E-D304-4D96-A20F-3FE9A2633C74.jpeg

Next Up...We Check out of The Hilton and Check Into...But Wait!!! First, Brunch...At the Top!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!