A Princess, A Royal Room and a CRAZY Auntie EE and Uncle Goey Updated 1/12 COMPLETED

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
83FE89CC-FD4F-4A59-B182-6702CC9302D5.jpeg 7265A91D-638A-40D1-B5B9-FF84DEDE7C2C.jpeg Hi everyone!!!! My name is Jenny, and some of you may recognize me from my NEVERENDING PTR entitled: 10-Trips-in-27-Months-Woo-Hoo (Nope, I haven't figured out how to link them). It just seemed to go on and on and on, and I thought it was time to retire it and start anew...So, if you care to join in, I'd love to have you. This TR will cover our magical vacation in WDW from October 7-10, with time spent in St Pete before and after. It was myself, my wonderful husband, Joe and our adorable niece, Gia. It was a trip to celebrate her upcoming 3rd birthday, and just really an excuse to visit Disney again...So, hang tight, grab a cocktail or 2 (any time of day). Yep, I'm talking to you @kastoney and @ariane37. Prepare yourself for another awesome vaca with me and my family...

Up next...The Introductions...

Last edited:
C7E56A67-F64B-4791-8D73-A7DA9F64C340.jpeg

I'm Jenny (Also known as Auntie EE), as I mentioned earlier, and I will be your tour guide on this amazing adventure. Please feel free to follow along, say hi, and leave comments. I'd love to hear from you...Now, some things about me and the crazy people who joined me on this trip:

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Rides: Peter Pan's Flight, The Jungle Cruise, and The Haunted Mansion
Favorite Character: Robin Hood
Favorite WDW Restaurant: California Grill

Last edited:

3E8C3ACD-C18F-46EA-BFB0-3C55176440B9.jpeg
This is my awesome husband, Joe (Also known as Uncle Goey). He is one of a kind, and I have to give him a HUGE shout out for agreeing to all the Disney trips we have taken together. He never says no, and is always willing to change plans, upgrade accommodations and NEVER disagrees with the schedules I put together for us...

Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion
Favorite Character: Snow White (Without a doubt)
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Olivia's

Last edited:
D2298733-851F-4F91-8545-E1D348E1A658.jpeg
Finally, this is our niece, Gia. She is an amazing kid, exceptionally smart (takes after me-Hee! Hee!) and we absolutely love her to pieces...

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Rides: The Carousel and It's a Small World
Favorite Character: Any and all princesses, especially Cinderella and Ariel
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Anywhere that serves dessert

Next Up: The When and The Where...

Last edited:
Joining in to hear about all the fun you had with your adorable sweet pea! I am sure it was an amazing trip!!

I'm here!!!! Got my wine poured and am all ready to here about everything. Especially Gia. She is beyond precious and getting so big.

I'm here!!!! Got my wine poured and am all ready to here about everything. Especially Gia. She is beyond precious and getting so big.
:welcome:
Kari!!! I'm so happy you've joined the party! Gia had an awesome vacation!!!!! She looked at Joe and one point and said,"Goey, you are my champion. You are the best Goey." Our hearts exploded. Needless to say, she got every overpriced souvenir she asked for...

The When and the Where:

Hi everybody! This trip was scheduled from October 4-11, but we ended up staying until the 12th because our flight home was canceled due to a hurricane named Michael. :yay:We were in such an awesome state of vacation mode (you know, too much alcohol, not enough sleep) that we had NO idea this storm was brewing...Anyway, that's a story for later...

We were starting our trip in St Petersburg from the 4th to 6th, spending time in Disney from the 6th to the 10th, and then flying home from St Pete on the 11th, which got moved to the 12th...:flower1: So, if you have no interest in the St Pete portion of this trip, I totally understand. After all this site is called the DIS Forum for a reason...

So, here we go...Our flight from Chicago was scheduled to leave at the unGodly hour of 5:50 am. Which meant that Joe and I had to set the alarm at 2:00 to leave the house by 3:00. Joe and I are NOT morning people, especially before dawn people so this was extremely difficult for us. But, we did it, and I believe we even got out the door before 3:00. The drive to the airport was a breeze, parking the car was a snap and taking the shuttle over to check in/security was a sinch.

We checked our bags, went thru security and found we had over an hour until our flight departed. Joe grabbed a coffee at Dunkin and I settled on an apple juice. Then, we sat and waited. I think we both played on our phones.

We were in Boarding Group A (flying Southwest), so we boarded first, got settled in our seats and started the 2 hour and 15 minute flight to Tampa...The flight was smooth and uneventful (just how I like them). We even entertained each other by taking selfies...

We landed a bit early in Tampa, got to the gate, deplaned, and went down to claim our bags. That's when things slowed down...We waited almost 30 minutes for our luggage. I was getting totally frustrated because if you've ever flown into Tampa, you know this is not the norm. Well, our suitcases FINALLY made it out and we were on our way to pick up the rental car. This process went smoothly. We always rent from National, so we never have to wait in any lines. We just pick our car from the aisle and go. This case was no different. We picked out a Nissan SUV, and loaded up the car. We were then on our way to Joe's parent's house.

Up Next...How do we spend our first day in St Pete??????

But first, some entertaining flight selfies...:crazy:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!