A Princess, A Royal Room and a CRAZY Auntie EE and Uncle Goey Updated 1/12 COMPLETED

Our First Full Day in St Pete Part 1: And, Yes, I Did remember to Take Lots of Food Pics This Trip!!!!8-)

I think we got to my In-Laws house around 10:30 (It's a 15-minute drive from the airport). We unpacked the car, hugs, and kisses all around, and then we sat around for a bit. We had plans to meet Joe's sister, Christina for lunch at an awesome Thai restaurant on the beach called Thai Star. This is a tradition for us every trip to St Pete (Our kids love it too). It's a small, family-owned restaurant with excellent food and they have awesome lunch specials. And, believe me, we were HUNGRY!!!! A Dunkin coffee and apple juice weren't doing it for these two Chicagoans...

We left for lunch about 11:30 (again, another quick drive). We drove with Joe's parents and met Chris there. I ordered the Broccoli with Shrimp. It was served with a ginger salad, white rice, and 2 spring rolls. Joe ordered a Curry dish and his too came with a ginger salad, white rice, and 2 spring rolls. Both our dishes were AMAZING!!!! I'm not going to bore you with what everyone else ordered, but I will include a pic of all of us at the restaurant.:P

After lunch, we ran some errands with Joe's family. Then we went home and rested a bit because we had plans to pick up a certain little lady for dinner that night...Do you have any idea who that could be???:D

404B127A-D6DD-4E7B-B1F3-AA1FBC4B26B4.jpeg

7C5E5B62-B0D9-45B1-9CA8-487F890A35B2.jpeg 0675AFF6-F70E-449D-8718-7CD5990A779C.jpeg

A nice start to your trip! Always good when the plane is on time. We fly from our city in Minnesota to Chicago then Orlando, so I am familiar with OHare airport.

It’s great to start off with a yummy lunch and with family!

A nice start to your trip! Always good when the plane is on time. We fly from our city in Minnesota to Chicago then Orlando, so I am familiar with OHare airport.

It’s great to start off with a yummy lunch and with family!

Thank you! We actually flew out of Midway this time. O'Hare is such a cluster...But, Midway isn't any better...:sad2:
Lunch was sooooooo good!!!! Thai Star has become one of our favorite places to eat in St Pete.

Joining in!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Sorry we ran into you at such a weird time, there was no real opportunity to stop and chat!

Joining in!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Sorry we ran into you at such a weird time, there was no real opportunity to stop and chat!

:welcome:

YAY!!! I actually saw you at your table, but I didn't want to intrude...o_O I hope you had a good trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Our First Day in St Pete Continued:

After our pre-dawn flight, we got a bite to eat at our favorite Thai joint, ran a few errands and caught up on some much-needed rest. Feeling a lot more human now, it was time to pick up a little someone at daycare. Yep, we had plans to pick Gia up, and then take her to dinner (Jimmy John's, her pick) and then out for ice cream at Larry's (our pick).

F44B15B4-ED1A-4CA5-806C-BBE2FA54C272.jpeg

3A11070B-2D27-4E81-B24B-2BB66E8F9EC3.jpeg

After our excursion with Gia, we took her home, visited with my sister and Todd, and then had our own dinner with Joe's family. Hey, Joe's family is 100% Sicilian, and darn can his mom cook!!!! She made homemade tortellini soup, and it was out of this world. Sorry, I was so hungry, I forgot to take a picture...:sad:

DAY 2 in ST Pete:

After a good night's sleep, Joe and I had a mission...I know this will seem silly to most, but we wanted to pop into the new grocery store in town called Lucky Market. But, this isn't your ordinary grocery store...You can drink while you shop!!!!!!!! I decided to NOT partake in an alcoholic beverage at this point. Instead, I chose a freshly squeezed glass of OJ, but Joe sure did! He had some kind of beer that had a hint of coffee in it, and boy did he LOVE this...

Up next, BIG evening plans with Julie and Todd...And the big question...Who drank the most during this evening out on the town???

61B86345-7C71-4463-8C55-0C3FE7B71E19.jpeg

0CCC1130-EC4F-4611-99C1-D3BFE361FA99.jpeg

Our Second Evening in St Pete, and Oh What an Evening it was...8-)

Joe and I started with prom pics in front of his parent's house. Hey, I figured we were dressed up, looking our finest, so why not make a photo session out of it...Besides, it was a beautiful evening without a cloud in the sky. Ok, I lied, I do see some clouds...

98EEE214-39AF-4808-9A9C-28F53DB9A5F9.jpeg

7A30379A-EA3A-4FF9-8F78-3DB1A2DB12C1.jpeg
B4B5F1F6-9F80-4147-86C0-CEEADF8A9391.jpeg
After our Vogue contract (HAHA) we went over to my sister's house (they live in the same area as Joe's parents). We left Gia with her grandparents and made our way over to Gulf Blvd. The 4 of us started with drinks at a very cool rooftop bar called Level 11. You could see views of the Gulf of Mexico, the Intercoastal, Downtown St Pete, The Sunshine Skyway (a very scary bridge that I have to close my eyes on every time we have to go over it), and all the hotels along Gulf Blvd. We also had a bit of a photo session here too, but this time Julie and Todd joined in the fun.

F3E3C933-3CFB-46CC-9807-29EAA66375C7.jpeg 873C4073-C433-4A61-B2EB-D2592A2457A1.jpeg 0439156D-9F9E-44AC-AFEA-164B9ABEE9CB.jpeg C17F1574-A319-4C10-8D7E-E02EB19E89F2.jpeg 03DF9B20-5192-4414-A4A9-A4465C3BF1B9.jpeg 522474D3-C179-4D2D-8F28-999E2481A67D.jpeg CFF96A32-B659-4AC7-BBBB-A54986BDE22F.jpeg

Last edited:
After all our picture and selfie takings, it was time to start with some cocktails...I had a Mango Bellini and Joe had some fruity sunset drink of sorts.

AB8564AF-1E4E-46E5-8031-3AC8305CB333.jpeg

99ED156E-693D-4E49-B891-D74A098D1B0C.jpeg

For our second round, I had another Bellini, but I can't remember for the life of me what kind it was....Joe had some kind of alcoholic beverage that had a big sprig of Rosemary in it. Remember the Rosemary...You see, I'm a lightweight when it comes to partaking in adult beverages, and this Rosemary came in handy a little bit later in the evening...

AD812BCC-7A8A-4D1B-A93F-4B80C91C7FEA.jpeg 829E874B-DB07-4D9D-96E6-C2062E32E901.jpeg 1355E309-2B1B-40D4-B77F-DC0FFB9E2FF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice pre-Disney beginning to your trip! It's amazing how much Gia has grown since Steve and I got to meet her last year :goodvibes She's so adorable!

I know this will seem silly to most, but we wanted to pop into the new grocery store in town called Lucky Market. But, this isn't your ordinary grocery store...You can drink while you shop!!!!!!!!
No no, not silly at all, I would put this on my itinerary too :laughing: If I had a grocery store like this by me I'd have to take an Uber there and back lmao!

After drinks at Level 11 Continued...

After drinks, my sober sister drove us to dinner. We ate at the same Italian restaurant we ate at last November in St Pete, but I can't remember the name of it. The drinking continued for me and Joe. I had a glass of moscato and Joe had another fruity foo foo drink. I know we liked them, because we finished every last drop. I failed to take pictures of our delicious meal (probably because I wasn't focused). But, I did manage a picture of our beverages as well as a bathroom selfie (get your minds out of the gutter, it's totally appropriate-Hee! Hee!). You know, too much alcohol, not enough food in my belly). Anyway, we skipped dessert, because we were all full. Then, we headed back to Julie and Todds.

Tomorrow, we leave for Disney (Where the real fun begins)...Stay tuned to find out how we spend our first day...

76517056-EE05-4F3A-8663-6629B30034D9.jpeg F5D24448-9E4F-45F3-92BA-8810CE645BB7.jpeg 43019064-ED7E-44E2-AB20-A65F57BEA9AA.jpeg

Sorry, the first pic is a little blurry. Remember the circumstances for which it was taken...LOL!:P

Last edited:
No no, not silly at all, I would put this on my itinerary too :laughing: If I had a grocery store like this by me I'd have to take an Uber there and back lmao!

Had I known we weren't going to be drinking that night, I totally would have partaken in the beverage offerings...LOL!!!

Very nice pre-Disney beginning to your trip! It's amazing how much Gia has grown since Steve and I got to meet her last year :goodvibes She's so adorable!

Right? Remember how you came with me to change her diaper, literally minutes after we met???? That's true friendship!!!!!:P

Yep, we had plans to pick Gia up, and then take her to dinner (Jimmy John's, her pick) and then out for ice cream at Larry's (our pick).

Solid picks - Love a good sandwich and can't go wrong with ice cream.

Who drank the most during this evening out on the town???

I'm guessing you.....and the rosemary sprig photo confirms. :rotfl2: Great photos and looks like you all had a great time.

I'm guessing you.....and the rosemary sprig photo confirms. :rotfl2: Great photos and looks like you all had a great time.

We had such an awesome night! LOL!!! My sister and I tend to have a blast when we're together, as you can surely see. Hee! Hee!

After our excursion with Gia, we took her home, visited with my sister and Todd, and then had our own dinner with Joe's family. Hey, Joe's family is 100% Sicilian, and darn can his mom cook!!!! She made homemade tortellini soup, and it was out of this world. Sorry, I was so hungry, I forgot to take a picture...:sad:
Your pictures are so cute! You look like you are having a wonderful time already!

For our second round, I had another Bellini, but I can't remember for the life of me what kind it was....Joe had some kind of alcoholic beverage that had a big sprig of Rosemary in it. Remember the Rosemary...You see, I'm a lightweight when it comes to partaking in adult beverages, and this Rosemary came in handy a little bit later in the evening...
This is hilarious!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter