A Polynesian Birthday: March 6th - 12th! *Updated and completed 6/10*

Hi Kara! I hate that I’m so late to the party that I missed ALL of your updates as you wrote them and then you had an entire trip afterward! Better late than never I suppose and I’m LOVING all your photos. Only caught up through page one so far.... :D

So after getting settled we were on the search for some food (I think Dad was on the search for a drink, travel days are stressful to him). I was pretty excited about how close our hotel room was to everything. There it is just between the palm trees. Super convenient!
Haha! Your dad has his priorities right! And he definitely earned the beer after the stress of travels.

The server was so nice and made the water special with a glow cube and bendy straw!
That’s so cute and sweet of them!

I thought it was a little weird that the CM just used the slider on my MagicBand as verification that I had an AP, but easier for me!
I wish more CMs would do this. I know why there is a process for verification but really it’s no harm to Disney or the CM just to take your word for it... then I wouldn’t need to carry so much stuff!

Soon enough we had made it to Everest, and we tapped MagicBands at 10:21, 9 minutes before our window was over.
Like a pro!

Oh, wow, I really took a lot of pictures. Sorry guys, it's not over yet!
Do not apologize, I LOVE your gorgeous pandora photos! :cloud9:

Oh, how I loathe the preshow and that man's um-ing.
Ugh me too. Why did they do this with the script?! So... it’s... ummm, like... totally obnoxious! Now move around :laughing:

Festival of the Lion King is my number one show at Disney World. I'm not exactly a show person, but if it's good enough I'll definitely make time to watch i
100% with you on this. So not a show person but this one is especially worthwhile. I love it!

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. I hate mango flavor and frozen margaritas are usually way too sugary. The CM was kind and offered to remake it without mango, but it was my stupidity so I kept it. At least it's photogenic! In the end, I couldn't finish it all.
Even as someone who loves mango, I hate this drink. How it manages to be both too sour and too sweet at once, I will never understand. Hard pass!

26415518947_36dac84d7f_z.jpg

Potjie Inspired: Butter Chicken & Paneer Tikka
What is that silly glob of vegetable “garnish” on your rice?! Come on Sanaa, that’s just sad. Everything else looks so tasty though!!! We rarely make it to entrees after that bread service, which I can never resist!

I considered trying the Bloody Mary flight but decided against it because I'm old and they sometimes give me heartburn.
Me too, lady. Grandma solidarity in this regard!:rotfl:

I look ridiculous
I think you meant adorable, like you were obviously having fun in SDMT!:thumbsup2

We didn't actually sit through the Hall of Presidents - not interested in that torture
:rotfl2: I’ve seen it once since the refurb and that was enough.

I think we wanted to ride Peter Pan, but the line was still pretty substantial so we jumped on it's a small world instead. I'm one of the weirdos who likes the song
I do too, in appropriately small doses. Is there anything more “Disney” than small world?!

To pass the time until Dad arrived I grabbed some Starbucks and got a new name.
:rotfl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!

Once again, I was not the rebel spy. Didn't they know it was my birthday?!
How rude!

Unfortunately, it was more of a love and shove situation. It was one of my worst interactions with Chewie. Guess he didn't know it was my birthday either. Maybe he was mad at me for not bringing the Porg.
Even more rude! Maybe he had a chess game coming up soon?

I liked this little detail on what's left of Streets of America
:sad:

Unable to meet Max Goof and Goofy I noticed a PhotoPass photographer standing around doing nothing, so I decided to give her something to do
At least you got some photos with C3PO and R2D2 after all! :chewy:

I had some entertainment in line because a little boy noticed my button and told me happy birthday and then said, "by the way, he's single" referring to his older brother. The older brother was mortified, and it was very amusing
:rotfl2: Omg please tell me the brother was like 15

Gotta make use of those monorail resort perks, right?
::yes::

And the speakers weren't that great on the beach, and of course everyone there was talking and whatnot, which was fine.
Ugh I hate that! Looks like a lovely view though. Too bad about the audio.

Hi Kara! I hate that I’m so late to the party that I missed ALL of your updates as you wrote them and then you had an entire trip afterward! Better late than never I suppose and I’m LOVING all your photos. Only caught up through page one so far.... :D

:wave2: Hi, welcome! There's no such thing as late, it just helps me relive the trip again! Plus, I personally like to read TRs at the end so there's no cliffhangers. And thanks so much!

Haha! Your dad has his priorities right! And he definitely earned the beer after the stress of travels.

He would definitely agree with that!

That’s so cute and sweet of them!

It really was such a special little thing for them to do

I wish more CMs would do this. I know why there is a process for verification but really it’s no harm to Disney or the CM just to take your word for it... then I wouldn’t need to carry so much stuff!

It would be really wonderful! It's such a hassle to dig out the pass and an ID. Or what if they put photos on the passes like Disneyland!

Like a pro!

There's an iPhone emoji I want to use here, the one of a lady with her palm out! Can't find an equivalent in the board emojis :rotfl:

Do not apologize, I LOVE your gorgeous pandora photos! :cloud9:

Thanks!! Spoiler alert: there will be MANY more in this TR, and the one I've yet to write

Ugh me too. Why did they do this with the script?! So... it’s... ummm, like... totally obnoxious! Now move around :laughing:

And, uh, FLY! Maybe he's just a really bad actor and couldn't remember his lines and they just went with it

100% with you on this. So not a show person but this one is especially worthwhile. I love it!

Yessss! The only show I see every time!

Even as someone who loves mango, I hate this drink. How it manages to be both too sour and too sweet at once, I will never understand. Hard pass!

It seems so promising too! I had just the lime part on this trip, and it was pretty good on a hot day

What is that silly glob of vegetable “garnish” on your rice?! Come on Sanaa, that’s just sad. Everything else looks so tasty though!!! We rarely make it to entrees after that bread service, which I can never resist!

I honestly couldn't tell you. I definitely ignored it completely :laughing:

Me too, lady. Grandma solidarity in this regard!:rotfl:

It's such a sad fate since I find Bloody Marys delicious. Maybe it's time to take heartburn prevention medication regularly like the grandma I really am.

I think you meant adorable, like you were obviously having fun in SDMT!:thumbsup2

:flower:

:rotfl2: I’ve seen it once since the refurb and that was enough.

I actually can't remember the last time I saw it... It has to be at least a decade

I do too, in appropriately small doses. Is there anything more “Disney” than small world?!

Not in my opinion!

:rotfl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!

Thank you! Always fun to rebrand yourself :rotfl:

How rude!

I know!

Even more rude! Maybe he had a chess game coming up soon?

He must have, or a galaxy to save. He's a very important Wookiee

RIP

At least you got some photos with C3PO and R2D2 after all! :chewy:

Oh man I'd love to actually meet R2! He's the best

:rotfl2: Omg please tell me the brother was like 15

That would be my rough estimate of his age. Definitely way too young for me, but the perfect age to mortify!

Ugh I hate that! Looks like a lovely view though. Too bad about the audio.

It was a decent view, and for an experiment I really wasn't disappointed!

When we left we stumbled upon the Flower and Garden merchandise area. I really missed the Wonders of Life pavilion as the festival center; but I was able to find the ears I wanted and quickly purchased them. Now I see that they have lace ears with flowers that I like a little more, but oh well.
Those are fun! Glad you found some you liked then, even if the new options are tempting!

We were on the way to the World Showcase since our next FP was at Frozen Ever After. The orchid trail next to the Mexico pavilion is one of my favorite parts of the Flower and Garden festival
Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about this and now I realize that I haven't seen it in probably a couple of years. Guess I have to go back next year :rolleyes1 darn...

It was fine with me because I knew I wanted La Cantina de San Angel anyway. I know it doesn't always get high praise, but their nachos definitely hit the spot when that's what you're craving. Dad was skeptical but he agreed they were much better than he was imagining!
I love these nachos! They're just basic theme park nachos but they always satisfy the nacho craving!

We were sadly misled by the initial positive reviews. The cheese wasn't melty, it was hard and unappetizing. Dad ate it all, but he wasn't impressed.
I agree. I shared this with a friend and liked it so much less than I was hoping to. One bite and I was done.

I've recently realized that I really enjoy tiramisu so when I saw this dessert I couldn't pass it up. I imagined it'd be like regular tiramisu in a pop form, because my reading comprehension skills are lacking. If yours aren't, you'll see that it says it's tiramisu gelato. It was fine, but not what I was expecting. I did like the ladyfingers part, though. Probably wouldn't repeat this treat
Wow that looks really good and I had no idea such a thing existed! Seems like maybe it would be hard to eat since you're having to push it up but presumably trying to get a bite with all the flavors together? :confused3 Good idea, bad execution maybe.

I was dying to try the macaron ice cream sandwich!
I just recently found this too and looooved it! But I agree it would have been more enjoyable if all components had been a little less frozen. By the time mine warmed up a bit it became a huge mess, so maybe that's why they serve them rock hard.

The Bloody Mary was really good - like a meal in a cup! Classic Disney nuggets, and they were hot and fresh. It seems they changed the drink now to include jerky and jumbo shrimp instead
I never hate a Disney nugget! I don't "get" the trend of putting shrimp and bacon and whatever you can imagine on/in Bloody Marys - I'm good with celery, olives, or pickled okra but I don't need shrimp on there! I guess it's kinda cool that they're changing it up over time though.

But, enjoy it, I did not. I'm a fan of pineapple, and I love ice cream, but this tasted incredibly artificial to me. It seemed to coat my mouth with chemical ickiness. Man, I really wanted to like this dessert, but I disliked it so much I couldn't even finish i
Oh no :sad1: I feel like people are very firmly in two camps on dole whip. That's too bad that it was so disappointing!

I did spot this rose gold unicorn cupcake. Disney was over the top with the rose gold!

That's so cute!!!

I somehow wasn't ready for the end. I love your throwback photos especially the flamingos at Epcot! What a lovely stay at the Poly. It was so much fun to follow along and I am looking forward to more Porg adventures!!

Those are fun! Glad you found some you liked then, even if the new options are tempting!

I got a lot of compliments on them this trip, and never saw the lace ones so I'm glad I bought them!

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about this and now I realize that I haven't seen it in probably a couple of years. Guess I have to go back next year :rolleyes1 darn...

Darn, that is such a shame you have to return!

Actually there were still quite a few orchids up in June, which surprised me.

I love these nachos! They're just basic theme park nachos but they always satisfy the nacho craving!

Agreed! They're especially good if you drink around the world

I agree. I shared this with a friend and liked it so much less than I was hoping to. One bite and I was done.

It SHOULD have been a fantastic dish.

Wow that looks really good and I had no idea such a thing existed! Seems like maybe it would be hard to eat since you're having to push it up but presumably trying to get a bite with all the flavors together? :confused3 Good idea, bad execution maybe.

If I recall I used a spoon so I think I was able to get most of the flavors together, but somehow the gelato was off putting to me. But worth a try if you enjoy tiramisu!

I just recently found this too and looooved it! But I agree it would have been more enjoyable if all components had been a little less frozen. By the time mine warmed up a bit it became a huge mess, so maybe that's why they serve them rock hard.

Have you had the brioche? That's my next goal that I didn't get around to this time!

I never hate a Disney nugget! I don't "get" the trend of putting shrimp and bacon and whatever you can imagine on/in Bloody Marys - I'm good with celery, olives, or pickled okra but I don't need shrimp on there! I guess it's kinda cool that they're changing it up over time though.

I can get behind bacon, but not candied bacon. Olives and celery are really the best garnishes though!

Oh no :sad1: I feel like people are very firmly in two camps on dole whip. That's too bad that it was so disappointing!

I'm going to give it another try; maybe get the float. I didn't like Chipotle the first time I tried it and it's now one of my favorite restaurants. SO maybe there's hope!

That's so cute!!!

It was super cute, but the rose gold hysteria was super amusing

I somehow wasn't ready for the end. I love your throwback photos especially the flamingos at Epcot! What a lovely stay at the Poly. It was so much fun to follow along and I am looking forward to more Porg adventures!!

Aw thanks! I had never noticed the flamingos until I posted the picture here, so that was fun.

Enjoyed your trip report. :thumbsup2 Especially the Disney After Dark Party.

We are going in October and plan to do MNSSHP, but I would love to do this party as well. Some day.

We are DVC owners and our home resort is Kidani. We absolutely love staying at AKV, and waking up to animals in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter