A Point Transfer Question

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
Background: My brother has booked 2 TVHs for a big family trip in the fall. My husband and I plus my sister and brother-in-law are thinking of flying in the night before instead of very early on the morning of check in for that reservation.

I have enough points to book a THV for one night but my brother doesn't. There's availability for that one night. The points are all from my Dec 2017 UY, so they do not need to be banked in order to use them for the fall reservation. However, while they are both under the same membership they are from 2 different contracts under that membership.

My Question: Can I transfer the number of points needed for that reservation to my brother so that he can add a night to one of his THV reservations? If I were to make the reservation myself, I know that they cannot be linked to the one that he made. If I cannot transfer the points, what can I do to improve the chances that we would not have to pack up and move after the first night in the villa?

You can transfer once, in or out per year. You can transfer out and he can transfer in.

:earsboy: Bill

You can transfer once, in or out per year. You can transfer out and he can transfer in.

Yes, I understand that. Let's say that I have 23 points under one contract and 16 points under the other contract. Same membership number, same home resort, same UY. Can I transfer out all 39 points or only 23?

But he can't transfer in twice, so you may have to book it and as MS to link it and hope for the best.

Edited to add: if it's one membership number on your side, I think it should work... but I'm not 100 percent sure.

If I have two contracts - different resorts and UY - can I transfer once or twice?
It's one in OR one out per UY. So if the OP were in this situation and needed points from 2 different masters transferred to get enough points to do the reservation, technically it wouldn't have been allowed. DVC might have made an exception. They'll need to transfer and CALL, they will not be able to book online unless they are both the same home resort AND same UY for all of the points.

It's one in OR one out per UY. So if the OP were in this situation and needed points from 2 different masters transferred to get enough points to do the reservation, technically it wouldn't have been allowed. DVC might have made an exception. They'll need to transfer and CALL, they will not be able to book online unless they are both the same home resort AND same UY for all of the points.
Got it. Transferring points out from 2 contracts with the same UY & membership would constitute 2 transfers, not 1. That puts it in perspective. Thanks.

Got it. Transferring points out from 2 contracts with the same UY & membership would constitute 2 transfers, not 1. That puts it in perspective. Thanks.
The policy is poorly documented. Disney has a habit of that which seems to provide them with a certain amount of flexibility.

My understanding is that you could transfer points from multiple contracts under the same membership as long as you do it at the same time and to the same destination. The one-time rule is based on the membership, so the source of the points should be irrelevant as long as the all come from the same membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter