A party of five's reviews. New review added 8/30/06

jpolak

DIS Veteran
While DD is taking a much needed mid-day nap I thought I would get a head start on my reviews. We are DVC members so we did not get the DDP we did get the DDE.
The cast:
Me-the planner
DW
DD(3)
DMIL
DFIL

Day 1 arrival day- WCC
We arrived at around 1:30 after a quick trip to the store we were ready to eat. We had been here before and I had been thinking about the skillet for days. We hada 5:20 ADR and were seated in about 2 min. The hostess was very nice asked DD who her favorite character was and gave her pictures to color. Our server was Dave, who informed us that we could call him the medicine man. Ok. He seemed very nice, but had a way of really taking a long time to get to what he wanted to say. I mean he stood at our table for about 6-7 min. So we ordered. Now after Dave threw our knapkins and straws at us he seemed to disappear, more on that later. DFIL and I got the skillet, DW had the meatloaf, DMIL had the pork chops. The food was pretty good, not as good as I think I remembered it, but good. DW liked her meatloaf although she said it was a bit salty. DMIL who is the pickiest of the bunch enjoyed her pork chops. Now by this time we had gone through the skillet and we were ready for more, problem was we could not find the "medicine man". So when we were finally able to track him down we asked for another skillet. By the time it finally came out my brain had caught up with my stomach and I was too full to have anymore. After another 15 min of trying to pay the check we left. The antics were the same but there was something missing. It almost felt forced and not natural. I do not know if we will be going back anytime soon.

Crystal Palace Breakfast

We had never tried this so we figured lets give it a go. The food here is your standard fare, but it seemed better. And I do have to say that the breakfast pizza on the kids area was excellant. So if that was your child I bumped out of the way when they brought out a new one I apologize :rotfl2: One compliant, Pooh never made over to our table. :guilty:

Coming soon:H&V twice in one day?

LTT Dinner

Wow where to start. Before going here when I would read a review and posters would talk about good/bad character interaction I really did not know what they meant. I do now. The characters here were great. Minnie got my very scared DD to give her five with out tears :thumbsup2 , Goofy and the gang were just histerical. From tickling to just being silly with the adults they were just great. Now on to the food. DW and I ate her about 10 years ago and hated it, but this time it was great. Everything was delicious from the salad to the apple cobbler. The steak was less than spectacular but everything else more than made up for it. We will absolutely be back.

Ok so we went to H&V twice in one day but let me explain. We booked the fantasmic pkg at H&V a long time ago. Then when they started the playhouse disney breakfast we added that and tried to change the fantasmic dinner and couldn't so thats that. Now for the review.

H&V Character Breakfast- The first thing that got me was how empty the entire place was. H&V is a big place and if there were 10 famalies there at 10:20 it was a lot. There really wasn't anything really good about it. The food was below average at best and the character interaction was bad as well. I mean the place was a ghost town and i had to get up and ask JoJo to comeover as we were about to leave. As far as service goes our waitress was nice but she disappeared and had to be hunted down to refill our coffee. Unless your kids are die hard JoJo or little Einstein fans I would skip it. I would be amazed if it is still around in six months.

H&V Dinner What a differnce a meal makes. We had 5:40 adrs and waited 30 min to be seated. Once inside we had a very polite and attentive waitress. I have to say I was pleasently surprised by the food. After reading so many bad reviews I thought we were doomed. I mean I was trying to change this adr upto the day we left. The salmon and the seafood pasta were delicious. The steak was ten times better than the steak at LTT. Now they do not have a lot of desserts but the one they had were great. All in all a really good meal.

Cape May Clambake We love thhis place and it did not disappoint this time. The mussles were great and the ribs were so much better than the ones at WCC. Our waitress Pui was great! The only problem was that it made me wish I were staying there instead of VWL.

Princess Story Book Breakfast We had 10:20 adrs and were seated almost immediately. The sticy bun that they put on the table is to die for and we went through two of them. The scrambled eggs and potatoes were delicious. The characters were great. My DD is still very timid with them and they all were so nice. Talking to her and getting her involved all from a safe distance. One compliant our waiter took forever for everything. Nothing makes me crazier then when we are done with a meal and can't get out of the place. We really did have a great time.

Chef Mickeys Dinner We have never been there for dinner and we almost skipped it. I am glad we didn't. Our Waiter Dan was the best. Funny, attentive and very accomadating. The food was slightly above average. The salmon was good and the parmasean mashed potatoes were outrageous. Everything else was kind of so so. I do have to say it was a bit expensive for what you got so I wouldn't run back but if we had an adr there I might go.

Coming soon: A family of Italians invade Tony's.

Tonys Town Square Oh how I wanted to really like Tonys. We went there for dinner on our last night. We checked in and were seated right away. First impressions were that this is a nice looking place. Now as someone who is italian, loves italian food and has been to many italian restuarants I guess I was expecting a lot. Well our waiter Jamie was a nice guy, but a little too laid back. When asked "Whats good?" He couldn't give us a straight answer. We would soon know why. What I found strange is they do not put bread on the table before your meal. We asked Jamie why and he said because of the ddp they had to take it away. You could however order breadsticks as an appetizer, which we did. The sauce with the bread sticks was good so we had hope. I ordered the seafood pasta that came complete with two clams, two mussels, two shrimp and a couple of very small scallops. The sauce tasted like something out of a Jar, so I was less then thrilled. DW and DMIL both ordered the chicken floratine. The breading had a very sweet taste to it. So sweet that they both took all of the breading off. DFIL ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. Now in all of the years I know him he has never not finished a bowl of pasta until that night. the only one who really liked there meal was DD who seemed to love her spaghetti. IMO if you think Olive Garden is authentic italian food you love it, if you don't stay away.

Thanks for posting!

That menu at LTT just doesn't do it for me but the character interaction sounds wonderful. It must have been great to see Minnnie coax a smile out of your daughter. Pure Disney magic! :goodvibes

--penny

Thanks for sharing your reviews, glad to hear LTT was good. DH and I are trying dinner there for the first time next trip. :earsgirl:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

If you have any questions about any of the places we ate I will do my best to answer them. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter