A Note On The Food!

MGMBill

Earning My Ears
Hi,
This past summer we went to Disneyland Paris and had a great time. (This summer we're headed for WDW. HeHe!) Anyway, I just wanted to mention the food at the park. I'm a big planner on trips but when we decided to go to Disneyland Paris I just didn't think a lot about the food. I checked in where to buy txks. (At the Disney Store in Paris) and how to get to the park (the train worked great) but I didn't really look into the park itself. I live in LA and go to Disneyland pretty often and I figured that the Park in France would be about the same. It was for the most part and I just loved going on the rides like Star Tours (one of my favorite) and hearing French. But the food was just different. Don't get me wrong. When I travel I like to try local foods and I try to leave my American eating habits at home. But I just wasn't really thinking and was surprised I couldn't get a hamburger or ribs. It was french fast food! French cooking is great but I don't think it translates well into fast food like American cooking does. I really enjoyed my visit but I just wanted to let others be prepared for the food at the park.

Bill

Thanks for sharing your views. Interesting what a difference cultural persepctive makes. Many of the negative comments about the fast food at DLRP is that all you can get is burger and hot dogs. :)

I don't think this is true as in the Parks you can eat French Croque Monsieur, soup, Italian pasta, pizza, Tex Mex food, British fish and chips, French waffles etc as well as the American hotdogs/fries at Casey's and the American burgers/fries at Cowboy Cookout, Restaurant En Coulisse and (I think) Chalet Marionette.

In the Village for takeaway you can have sandwiches and rolls at the New York Deli in addition to the usual American burgers at Annettes and McDonalds.

Not sure you can get ribs as a takeaway? Is it not a bit messy? :confused3

Anyway, I am glad there are no more burger bars personally - I think there are enough for those who want them and a nice mixture of other stuff for those of us who don't. JMO.

thanks for your input. for me as a fast food option then burgers are everywhere. it could just be that you checked out places that sell fish and chips or hot dogs. i will agree that i dont think fast food in dlrp is good at all. in fact i think most places are awful with caseys (hotdogs)and toad hall (fish and chips) being the only places i would eat in.

am sure u can ribs at cowboy cookout??? sure stonfiesta mentioned them before??

Hi Bill, glad you had a great time at DLRP. :wizard:

Of course we forget it's so easy for us regulars as we know exactly where we can buy particular items!! As the others have said you can buy both burgers and ribs at DLRP although I'm not a great fan of fast food myself, preferring to take my time over a leisurely meal whether I'm in DLRP or WDW. :goodvibes

I concur it is easy to think that everyone knows all the tips and trick.
We have always enjoyed sharing counter service options :thumbsup2

I looked at the online menus before going so there were no suprises! Loved Mr. Toad's House and his yummy fish and chips :) However the food choices were not what they are in the US Parks, no corn dogs, cinammon rolls, things along those lines. The ice cream shop closed at 2 in the afternoon. However, we were not there for the food we went for one of the best experiences of my life and can't wait to back!

That is one of the interesting things about reading some of the Park's history (Brit's Guide etc) - we all know that EuroDisney was in great difficulties financially in the early days. Not only were visitor numbers lower than predicted but people weren't spending once they got inside. The Powers That Be were surprised to find European guests didn't want to eat or buy souvenirs in the way that visitors to the US Parks do.

Now roll on 17 years and things have changed somewhat, but it is still not seen as a dining experience by many guests. I understand you can book 6 months in advance for dining in WDW, whereas in DLRP you can normally get away with booking on the morning that you want to eat. In low season just stroll up and eat without booking. :goodvibes

I understand you can book 6 months in advance for dining in WDW, whereas in DLRP you can normally get away with booking on the morning that you want to eat. In low season just stroll up and eat without booking. :goodvibes

:offtopic: Interesting WDW has now changed 90 days for booking restaurants. So DLP at 60 days is not that much different.

but it is still not seen as a dining experience by many guests.
This always amazes me as although IMO counter service food is of a better quality at WDW (again IMO) the table service meals definitely have the edge at DLRP, not just the food but the themed crockery it's served on. :cloud9:

On a side note my brother-in-law and sister-in-law took my niece (8) and nephew (6) for their second visit to DLRP a couple of weeks ago. I tried so hard to persuade them to forgo McDonalds for a couple of buffet meals ~ both children are EXTREMELY fussy eaters but I was sure they would be able to find something to eat at a buffet. Unfortunately they still chose to eat at McDs each evening and just bought chips for a snack during the day, then came home after a week of this :scared1: and complained how expensive the food was.

I just wish I could take my niece and nephew and treat them to a meal at The Lucky Nugget or Cafe Mickey with characters.

Counter service wise, we find DLRP seems to feature cheese more often than WDW - only noticed this because DH is a anti-cheese and seems to have less of a choice. "Sans fromage" featured large in my french language acquisition last year!

Counter service wise, we find DLRP seems to feature cheese more often than WDW - only noticed this because DH is a anti-cheese and seems to have less of a choice. "Sans fromage" featured large in my french language acquisition last year!

I'm the same with this. Be very careful when ordering garlic bread - they often do a "plain" which has parmasan on the top and a "cheese" which has parmasan and some other cheese.

If you order a "plain" garlic bread with no cheese, you almost always get parmasan anyway. So, make sure you specify NO parmasan :thumbsup2

Certainly have noticed that "with fromage" seems to be the default option at DLRP, and we have to watch for the hidden stuff. DD is entirely the other direction, and is turining into a small cheese foodie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter